[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they the greatest Batman villains of all time? How based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: court-of-owls.jpg (61 KB, 550x372) Image search: [Google]
court-of-owls.jpg
61 KB, 550x372
Are they the greatest Batman villains of all time? How based can Snyder get?
>>
>>81144890
wut
literally all of Batman's villains are white except for Croc
>>
>>81144931
Ra's
>>
>>81144861
Look its the only thing Snyder has done in recent memory that was interesting. Everything else has been shit
>>
>>81145050
>literally the League of Assassins again
>interesting
>>
>>81145120
Its location makes it interesting, it's the type of thing Morrison did with the history of the Waynes and Gotham being not only a dark history but basically a dark history all the way up till Bats showed.
>>
>>81145050
>Look its the only thing Snyder has done in recent memory that was interesting
WHAT, how can that be when Snyder created fan favorite Harper Row
>>
>>81145120
compared to the other shit hes cranked out yeah, its something.
>>
>>81145120
it's a little more than that
it's more like that secret cult of blue bloods everyone likes to think about that control the world
while the League of Assassins are those secret group of ninjas on the other side of the world
>>
>generic ancient conspiracy
>great
>>
>>81144861
They're the greatest in being unoriginal
>>
>>81145120
Its more like Illuminati than League of Assassins.
>>
>>81144861
Storywise they're nothing special but props to whoever designed the overall aesthetic of the group. I feel like the look is half the reason they got so popular.
>>
the court seemed like a more credible and immediate threat to bats because of their personal connection compared to the league.
>>
the court was of owls was one of the best batman story's iv read in quite some time, it had batman fighting a credible and potent and above all interesting threat rather than just another joker story.

the action was suburb in all the fight scenes, the art was pretty good although I have a high tolerance for bad art if the story's good so I might not be the best judge of that category here it has batman doing actual detective work where he actually trys to figure out the mystery/threat rather than going batgod on it which I always love to see. I also loved all the themes and symbolism throughout the storylike the part where hes fighting the talons in the cave and describeing how the bats returned with avengence after the owls left overall as I said it was one of the finest batman story in quite some time
>>
>>81147821
Gonna guess it was Capullo. Those owl masks are great because of how simple they are, but still creepy
>>
>>81145050
To be fair I think a notable villain like the Court of Owls is a decent mark for a Batman writer to leave behind. At least it wasn't Harper Row.

>>81145285
And then there's this guy.
>>
>>81144861
I love the design of the Talons and the Owl masks.

But here's what I don't get about the Court.

So, all of their members are Gotham's elite, right?

Just how many bluebloods are there in the first place? Even though Gotham's a major city, I can't imagine there's more than a hundred who fit the category. Couldn't Bruce just sit down and guesstimate how many of his uppercrust buddies are baddies?

Also, were all the Cobblepots except for Penguin in the Court? I didn't read the arc the whole way through, but I saw Penguin taking on a Talon with Batgirl and I kinda wondered...
>>
>>81144931
Bane is Hispanic esé
>>
>>81147821
agreed.

I think the Court of Owls at least aesthetically fits into the Batman mythos nicely. They look like they belong in the batvillain pantheon, and I hope some future writers can do a bit more with them than Synder.

As for Snyder in general, I think the general trend with him was that he'd come up with a really cool idea for an arc, things would seem like they were going in a good direction for a few issues, and then it would all turn to shit because he can't tie up a plot. Even Death of a Family seemed pretty good for a while until it became clear it was going to be Letdown of the Century.

Harper Row though........that's a sin that can never be forgiven
>>
no.
>>
>>81144861
Interesting if bloated idea. Didn't think the story or its conclusion was very good, though.
>>
Anyone here can make batman villain tire in term of threat.
Fuck joker throught
>>
>>81144861
>Everyone keeps saying how great Morrison's run is
>Not a single memorable villain
>Not a single villain reused aside from Pyg in a one episode of a cartoon, and even then he's completely rewritten and just keeps Quitely's visual design
>Snyder run is touted to be shit on /co/ despite being acclaimed by critics for the most parts
>Court of the Owls gets an entire animated movie about them before Snyder's run even ends
Proof that /co/ is full of autistic contrarians.
>>
>>81151362
I'd guess Cobblepots stopped being part of the Court when their family lost all their influence.
>>
>>81151362
Weren't there non-1%ers in the owls?

Like still upper-class sure, but not Wayne rich. Like lawyers and shit
>>
>>81151133
>>81145285
>>81153325
You know, at this point I'd think that Snyder made Row just so /co/ will shit their collective pants with rage over the fact that their pwecious Batman gets a sidekick that's a tomboy with colored hair.
>>
I liked Court of Owls though it definitely felt like it got out of control by the end of it.
>>
>>81144861
I find owls to be too cute for them to be intimidating. Most adorable evil conspiracy ever.
>>
>>81153746
Man, it's pathetic how the only thing anyone remembers from Snyder's run is just something he duplicated from Morrison's.
>>
File: Owlman_Co2E_001.jpg (30 KB, 900x511) Image search: [Google]
Owlman_Co2E_001.jpg
30 KB, 900x511
Owlman
>>
>>81153772
Was this Harper roy at least cute?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.