[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steven Universe, Star Vs The FOE, Adventure Time, Gumball, Regular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11
Steven Universe, Star Vs The FOE, Adventure Time, Gumball, Regular Show, Gravity Falls, WE'RE LIVING IN A GOLDEN AGE.
This is the best era of cartoons ever. Prove me wrong. Just try.
>>
>>81140308
I can't.
I accidentally watched an episode of Gumball today and it gave me a really good laugh. Cartoons a pretty goddamn great right now.
>>
In retrospect, the early 2010's were a lot better. Back then, not only did we have shows like adventure time and regular show in their prime, but there were also still a lot of action shows like symbionic titan and dc cartoons like Young Justice and Green lantern.
Now sure there are specks of gold like SU and Gumball, but in the midst of shitty reboots and shows like pickle and peanuts, good shows like wander over yonder getting canceled, im worried that a new dark age is coming.

Still leagues better than 06-09
>>
>>81140308
>This is the best era of cartoons ever. Prove me wrong. Just try.
The era's not over. You can't judge an era until it's over. For all you know, we could be on the cusp of a string of horrific shows and movies that sets animation back 30 years.
>>
>>81140308
I don't understand the appeal for Star vs the FOE. My sister makes me watch it with her was it wasn't very interesting. Kind of weak material imo.

The latest episode had a drastic shift in the usual sunshine and rainbows tone. I don't really like it's attempt at edge combined with barely any consequence from destroying the wand.

I hope it gets better. I don't know why I promised to watch this shit.
>>
that's a very small list
>>
>>81140308
>Prove me wrong. Just try.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpiY2Gg1v60
>>
>>81140644
Nostalgia faggot. Plain and simple
>>
File: 1452602154607.gif (2 MB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
1452602154607.gif
2 MB, 275x200
>>81140308
>WE'RE LIVING IN A GOLDEN AGE.
>Doesn't list Wonder Over Yonder.
>>
>>81140308
The golden age? No. But cartoons today are made very well and do whatever they do very well whether its gumball and humor or SU for lore and emotional scenes or whatever.
Dont let the "muh calarts is evil" retards try and say that cartoons today are bad because they most certainly arent.
>>81140523
Its a decent enough show for comedy and it has a bit of emotion and character growth sprinkled in. I wont say its for everyone but it isnt that bad.
>>
>>81140486
Well from 2010 to now, cartoons on Cartoon Network and Disney have been great. I'm sure the next 4 years will be just as good if not better. The quality of shows have gone up.
Lets just ignore Uncle Grandpa and TTG and all of the garbage on Nick...
>>
>>81141771
>lets just ignore uncle grandpa
I havent seen any recent episodes but the show is pretty funny. Not quite gumball level but nowhere near how bad TTGO is.
>>
>This is the best era of cartoons ever.
No, OP. Golden Age was when Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Cow & Chicken, etc... were airing.
>>
>>81141850
Yeah. Uncle Grandpa gets shat on mercilessly, but it's not that bad. Mediocre at it's worst, but not abysmal like TTGO.
>>
>Steven Universe
Tumblr Fatface the Cartoon
>Star vs the Forces of Evil
Good but still early to judge
>Adventure Time
Zombie
>Gumball
Hit or Miss
>Regular Show
Wight
>Gravity Falls
Croaked at the finish line
>>
File: 62343536.jpg (49 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
62343536.jpg
49 KB, 600x400
>>81141864
>cow and chicken
>nostalgia fags actually believe cow and chicken was a great show
>>
>>81142126
>nostalgia buzzword
>greentext only
>laughing reaction image
Hmm OK. You probably weren't born when those shows were airing.
>>
>>81142178
Please show me a scene from cow and chicken that you consider good then Mr. Tripfag.
Im 22 and watched the show. It was shit. Johnny bravo was a good show with a few hit and miss episodes and Dexter's lab was a great show with hardly any bad episodes. I have never in my life seen a cow and chicken episode that made me laugh.
>>
>>81140531
>that's a very small list

It's larger than most other time periods.
>>
>>81142126
I only see americans complaining about it. It is usually considered a classic here on South America.
>>
File: B2KuIY7IUAAVs84.png (77 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
B2KuIY7IUAAVs84.png
77 KB, 600x375
>>81142074
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 328x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 328x396
The Golden Age of cartoons was when Megas XLR was airing. No contest.
>>
>>81141864
Dexter's Lab wasn't really that good. Most episodes ended out of nowhere and without conclusion because the writing was retarded.
>>
>>81141864
Coe and Chicken was godawful as a kid and godawful now, are you joking?
>>
>>81142552
Still on the air at that time:

>KND
>Grim Adventures
>PPG
>EE&E
>OG Clone Wars
>Fosters Home
>Samurai Jack

And that's just what CN had going on. Nick hadn't divebombed yet either and was still doing a lot of their classics along with some solid new entries around that time.

You were more right than I expected, anon.
>>
>>81140308
It's a good era, but BEST? No. Sorry but you're going against the Golden Age (1920s to to 50s) and the Renaissance (late 80s to early 00s)

The Golden Age includes OG Disney shorts, best era of Looney Toones, Popeye, Betty Boop, Woody Woodpecker, Mighty Mouse, Mr. Magoo, best Tom and Jerry, Droopy. Classics everyone of them

The Renaissance started with the best of the eighties, Thundercats, He-Man and She-Ra, GI JOE, Defenders of the Earth, TMNT. Then it had the DCAU from Batman to the Justice League, it had Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Animaniacs, Frakazoid, the X-Men series, Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters, Recess, Invader Zim, Duck Dodgers, Johnny Bravo, Dexters Lab, PPG, EE&E, KND, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Totally Spies. We still had good action stuff with Samurai Jack, Megas XLR, Kim Possible, Danny Phantom, American Dragon, MLaaTR, Static Shock, Ben 10, the 2003 TMNT. It also had the start, and some of the best seasons, of Simpsons, South Park and Futurama.

If you wanna say this is the best era OP, you need to reach back a little and add stuff like Avatar, Phineas and Ferb, Motorcity, Symbionic Titans, Batman Brave and the Bold, Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated, Total Drama. Plus the adult oriented stuff like Venture Bros, Rick and Morty and Archer.
>>
File: 19.32.05.png (1 MB, 1419x1067) Image search: [Google]
19.32.05.png
1 MB, 1419x1067
>>81144844
Don't ever
doubt
Megas XLR
>>
>>81141520
that's because the shows currently listed here aren't getting cancelled
>>
>>81146941
But he listed Gravity Falls
>>
>>81146976
nah man gf didn't get canned like woy did, it ended on it's own instead of disney pulling the plug
>>
Cartoon Cartoons were me childhood. I grew up on EEnE, Dexter's Lab, and the rest of Tartakovsky's stuff. I remember Foster's very fondly and I got a ton of laughs out of Chowder kater on. Nickolodeon had Fairly Odd Parents, SpongeBob, and later Danny Phantom. I don't like Regular Show just because I find the primary duo to be annoying. Adventure Time and Gumball are great. Haven't picked up SU yet, but I'm looking into it. Teen Titans was my personal favorite.
[spoilers] I enjoyed Total Drama. [/spoilers]
>>
>>81147267
>Implying it wasn't clearly cut short due to the sheer number of dropped and ignored plot points and that shitty ass finale
>>
>>81147591
>Haven't picked up SU yet
>[spoilers]
>[/spoilers]
>2 gems laughing.png
>>
>>81142126
It wasn't great, but it still had it's moments.
>>
>>81147669
It was cut short because the hack realized he was wasting his time and wanted to it end it quickly.
>>
>>81140308
Gravity Falls is literally the only good cartoon you listed, and not surprisingly the only non CN show you listed.

Let's see, there was the 90's when we had Gargoyles, Batman and Superman the Animated Series, Reboot, Beast Wars, darkwing duck, Dexter's lab, Recess

Or the aughts when we had Batman Beyond, Justice League and JLU, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff girls, Megas XLR, Early Spongebob, the weekenders, Courage the Cowardly Dog.

And even within the past 5 years some amazing shows have come and gone like Tron Uprising, Motorcity, Wander Over Yonder, Sym-Bionic Titan, Generator Rex, and I guess you could count Over The Garden Wall.

you have shite taste, friendo.
>>
>>81147591
Original total drama was okay but after that they turned from parodying reality TV shows into becoming an animated reality TV show.
>>
>>81140644
>Mike, Lu and Ogg
Did anyone actually even like that show?
>>
>this thread
/co/ is easy as fuck to bait. But not as easy as /mu/.
>>
>>81153713
/co/ forget about this show, but I personaly liked it in my childhood days.
>>
>>81140486
That would be the end of this golden era anon.

Can't argue with you op. Between Adventure Time, Steven Universe, gumball, and MLP: FIM this has truly been a golden age. Gravity falls, star vs and teen titans go are strawberries on the cake.
>>
How many of those are dead or dying, by the way?
>>
>>81147591
>Teen Titans was my personal favorite.
You mean the original or GO! version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw7LeKpo8zQ
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxY_CR_Al1c

I disagree.
>>
>>81142126
> the summer of 1997
> my brother and myself have the privilege of free passes to an amusement park my cousin works at
> no one to watch us so we get taken to work with him.
> spend all day at the park
> park is six flags America (was "adventure world" then)
> one Friday night of that glorious summer, the park's glorious wave pool stops normal wave operation and becomes calm bay
> Cartoon Network shows up and puts up gigantic movie screen and speakers
> night falls
> begins playing all the new cartoons of their golden age, some are premiers for shows that haven't started yet.

You will never spend an evening of your childhood relaxing in a giant pool while watching dexters lab under a starry sky.

Tfw I will never experience that again.
>>
>>81152325
> all those crappy DC animated shows

Anything DC after the original run of the early 90's batman cartoon is fucking garbage. They are still using that same garbage animation platform for everything DC drags to the barn since the 90's superman cartoon
>>
Those cartoons are great, but to be living in a true golden age we need a a GOAT tier action cartoon.
>>
>>81140480
I have to agree with this anon. Had some damn fine action cartoons as well, I was more hyped more Saturday mornings as a fucking college student than any Saturday morning as a kid.

We're getting new Samurai Jack and Voltron, tho, the eras not over yet.
>>
>>81140308
>Steven Universe, Star Vs The FOE
Nah, shit sucks, man.
>>
>>81143225
this is copypaste from that one /co/ thread simulator isn't it
>>
File: Camp_Lazlo.jpg (30 KB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
Camp_Lazlo.jpg
30 KB, 300x228
while we're on the topic of old cartoons, why do i see Camp Lazlo hate on this board? I remember liking it alot when I was younger.
>>
File: image.jpg (261 KB, 1063x751) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261 KB, 1063x751
>>81155803
Have you bothered to watch either show? Have you bothered to watch either show without /pol/ goggles on?

Stop listening to that nonsense and watch the show without misconceptions fed to you by high school drop out neets.
>>
>>81157684
i like both shows but u salty
>>
>>81155912
Lazlow had its moments but was never good enough to carry itself. Most didn't go out of their way to catch it like they did with spongebob before it.
>>
File: 2b5.png (93 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
2b5.png
93 KB, 400x400
>>81157684
>dem Pearl eyes & V
>dat Garnet bust n' gap
>Amethyst
whew, anon, careful with those pics
>>
>>81142399
>classic here on South America

just because of nostalgia. Between latinos it's one of the less rated shows of the golden era
>>
File: 1436229791624.png (853 KB, 1280x1800) Image search: [Google]
1436229791624.png
853 KB, 1280x1800
>>81144844
This was the true Golden Era of Cartoons.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.