[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I downloaded all of Volume one of Daredevil, wanting to get into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: daredevil1.jpg (423 KB, 500x668) Image search: [Google]
daredevil1.jpg
423 KB, 500x668
I downloaded all of Volume one of Daredevil, wanting to get into Miller's comics. I don't want to start at the beginning though because his yellow suit is ugly and I hate origin stories. When does it start getting good? Are there any specific issues that are must read? I like the ones where he teams up with other characters or feature his most famous villains.
>>
>>81139672
>his yellow suit is ugly
You don't deserve help
>>
>>81139672
>I downloaded all of Volume one of Daredevil, wanting to get into Miller's comics

Then just start with Frank Miller, if you want to you can skip the issues where he's only the artist and not also the writer
>>
I would recommend 1, 3, 4, 7 and 158 onwards.
>>
>>81139672
Punisher appearances, Bullseye appearances, check wiki for every single issue of Frank Miller's run. Volume 1 is actually pretty good.
>>
File: bullseye elektra.jpg (37 KB, 236x545) Image search: [Google]
bullseye elektra.jpg
37 KB, 236x545
Around issue 181 it gets really interesting.
>>
>>81139672
Just watch the show. Marvel comics aren't worth the paper their printed on.
>>
>not starting a comic at issue #1

You disgust me.
>>
>>81139672
I read all of Daredevil a year or two back. It's worth the read. The nice thing about DD is he was popular enough to get good art and writing, but not popular enough to suffer through editorial mandate. Plus DD has arguably the saddest villain arc I've ever read in it. It's worth the read, don't be a scrub ass bitch.
>>
>>81141486
All that delicious Wallace Wood and Gene Colan in the Silver Age
>>
>>81141828
I think my favorite side story was the myth of Mike Murdock. Just silly enough for the silver age, but hilarious enough to keep you laughing.
>>
>>81140978

Frank Miller's run is better than any live action version of Daredevil

maybe you should save your comments until you've actually read something you fucking /tv/ faggot
>>
File: wood-cane.jpg (49 KB, 375x542) Image search: [Google]
wood-cane.jpg
49 KB, 375x542
>>
>>81141176
I have 400 issues, I don't plan on reading every one. Right now i'm just gong by which ones have other interesting characters in them.
>>
File: Fantastic-Four-9-Again.jpg (449 KB, 650x467) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic-Four-9-Again.jpg
449 KB, 650x467
>>81141908
I unironically love Silver Age hijinks. Like that issue of the Fantastic Four where Reed, desperate for money, sells the movie rights to make a movie on the lives of the team. It turns out the studio is run by Namor who bought a movie studio, just to make a movie about the FF, just to get close to Sue
>>
>>81142082
Oh man the various Matador shenanigans that happened throughout classic DD
>>
>>81139672
I was told to start with The Man Without Fear and just read the Miller comics you want after that.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.