[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>zero humor whatsoever other than a few virgin jokes and when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: latest[1].jpg (402 KB, 560x800) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
402 KB, 560x800
>zero humor whatsoever other than a few virgin jokes and when Cap and Widow pretend to be in a relationship
>early motifs of the film are thrown out the window later on with IT WAS HYDRA ALL ALONG
>not even a superhero movie
>car chase scene was a massive yawn
>final fight with Bucky was anticlimactic
>cliché I WON'T FIGHT YOU COZ YOU AMS MAH FRIEND segment
I will never understand why this movie is praised so much.
>>
>>81122680
It's okay. Autistic people don't understand a lot of things.
>>
>>81122820
Which is fair enough from my end. I don't care if people on /co/ love the film without good reason, but a lot of these same autists claim this better than many other capeshit, seemingly without good reason.

Guess we'll never know.
>>
File: 1456777266222.webm (1 MB, 734x302) Image search: [Google]
1456777266222.webm
1 MB, 734x302
because it's a tense political thriller in the style of pollack and pakula
>>
I don't remember the line itself but there was a bit of humor with Arnim Zola iirc.
>>
Genuinely can't tell if this is a 'speshul snowflake' thread or a 'im a buttmad DCfag' thread.
Either way, kill urself my man.
>>
These complaints are stupid as fuck

>zero humor whatsoever

Especially this one
>>
>>81123167
I actually saw the movie, then while discussing it with some peers noticed they didn't like it much either. Was surprised at the time that /co/ loved it so much.

>>81123253
What's wrong with them?
>>
>>81122680
>Zero humor
Humor is why people pick on Marvel.
>>early motifs of the film are thrown out the window later on with IT WAS HYDRA ALL ALONG
Except they implied Hydra were lazy and they just took advantage of whatever happened.
>not even a superhero movie
???
>car chase scene was a massive yawn
Opinons
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 230x219
>>81122680
>>81122890
>its a b8 thread
>>
File: 1458974289007.jpg (23 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1458974289007.jpg
23 KB, 604x311
>>81123117
>DCucks
http://desustorage.org/co/search/filename/1456777266222.webm/
>>
>>81122680
Still assblasted about BvS, huh?
>>
>>81123253
> Too much quipping in Marvel

> Not enough quipping in Marvel
>>
>>81122680
competent editing and directing

Marvel has a fixation on a status quo largely established in the 70s. the characterizations haven't really changed since then so no alternate takes on the characters.
>>
>Being this assblasted
>>
File: m8y.jpg (124 KB, 726x726) Image search: [Google]
m8y.jpg
124 KB, 726x726
>>81123518
>Marvel has a fixation on a status quo largely established in the 70s. the characterizations haven't really changed since then so no alternate takes on the characters.

what the fuck are you even talking about, mate?
>>
>>81123277
There are jokes through out the movie, from the opening action sequence on.

It's like you haven't even seen the movie. Or were only five years old at the time and the jokes went over your head.
>>
>>81123817
Or maybe the jokes just weren't that funny.
>>
>>81123714
there's like a billion versions of Batman. Camp Adam West, Golden Age Batman with a gun. darker 70s Batman that was still human, Miller's darker autist of vengeance. Giving a lot of potential ways to portray the character.

Cap has largely been the same since they defrosted him in 1962. Man out of time, Symbolizes the dissonance between America's ideals and its government.

One More Day wiped out decades of continuity because Quesada wanted bachelor Peter back.

Marvel is not fond of change, or rather sticking to change.
>>
THIS ISNT RIGHT SURVEILLANCE ISNT PROTECTION ITS TYRANNY MAYBE I DONT BELONG IN THIS WORLD OF SECRETS AND SPIES

LOL YES I DO I HAVE NAZIS TO PUNCH YAYY

deep
>>
>>81124066
>Marvel is not fond of change, or rather sticking to change.

I think the changes just have to be really significant in order for Marvel to stick to them. But they do happen.
>>
>>81123856
Or maybe you're just bitter because BvS is shit.
>>
>>81124177
Morrison's X-men run and One More Day leave little faith in the idea of Marvel committing to alter status quos.

Not saying it can't ever happen, I'm just really skeptical Marvel won't pussy out and change it back.
>>
>>81124066
DC is more likely to play fast and loose with its character archetypes, I agree. But they play fast and loose with the idea of brandwide continuity in general, which Marvel has never been fond of doing.
But that fact that Cap is still fundamentally the same characters as he was 50+ years ago isn't synonymous with 'Marvel being stuck in the 70s' nor is it even a bad thing for Cap because there's still interesting stories to be told and his viewpoint is unique in his world.

Spider-Man however has become increasingly redundant over the decades, and that's nothing getting married will change.
>>
>>81123501
There are other elements to humor besides quips.
>>
Why should it have any humor?
God I hate you guys
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.