[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or is the casualties from the MCU battles really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Civil War Casualties.png (664 KB, 854x423) Image search: [Google]
Civil War Casualties.png
664 KB, 854x423
Is it just me or is the casualties from the MCU battles really fucking low?

I mean, all of a sudden an alien portal opens up in New York, Manhattan (over 1,5 million inhabitants) yet only 74 people die? That's a miracle right there.
>>
Yeah the Avengers are kinda good at their jobs
>>
>>81120558
I kinda takes the edge off the whole "superheroes need to be controlled better" because there would have been alot, I mean ALOT of more kills if the Avengers hadn't been there
>>
>>81120661
The whole idea behind Civil War is retarded.
>>
>>81120558
Anon, don't be childish. That's a bullshit explanation, and you know it.
>>
>>81120529
Of course they are, after the shitstorm MoS caused Marvel will never portray a realistic amount of casualties.
>>
>>81121004
Pussies
>>
>>81120558
There's good and then there's "More people die in New York on a normal day" good.
>>
>>81121004
Funny, I actually tought that they showed so much of people getting evacuated, avengers saving civilians in Age of Ultron just because of Man of Murder
>>
>>81120558
Also it was a 3 square block radius the Chitauri were contained to, not all of Manhattan.

>>81121049
>Funny, I actually tought that they showed so much of people getting evacuated, avengers saving civilians in Age of Ultron just because of Man of Murder
Except it was also done in Avengers, IM3, etc.
>>
>>81121041
This. More people died in the Punisher's rampage than they did in an alien invasion.
>>
People need to rewatch the Avengers

The Chitari were in buildings deliberaly shooting at people when the Avengers weren't even near.

The casuality toll should be way higher.
>>
>>81121923
It baffles me why they didn't put casualties higher

Like Sokovia I can accept 177, since they were there in the beginning and they focused on evacuating everyone while Ultron were focusing on killing the Avengers

But the Battle of New York was an alien invasion with hostile aliens entering and blowing up/shooting anyone they saw. Why couldn't they put a more reasonable kill count of a couple thousand?
>>
>>81120529
D.C. I can understand because most of the deaths were hydra agents on the helicarriers or shield agents, and as such wouldn't be considered civilian casualties. Sokovia too, maybe.
But New York is WAY too small.
>>
This retardation just serves to make Thanos look like an ineffectual retard.

He hasnt done anything worthwhile.
>>
Didn't they confine shit to a single area? I'm pretty sure they weren't rampaging all over Manhattan
>>
I think what concerns the world's governments is those bigger numbers with dollar signs next to them.

Its not the loss of Sokovia, its the money and refugees (one of whom is an Avenger), that probably bug the UN and the US.
>>
MoS got bashed because it displayed a more realistic amount of casualties.
Marvel just have to say that only a cat died and everyone is happy.
>>
>>81120529
MCUfag here...yeah 74 people dying in that is absolute bullshit, as are the casualty counts for the other events. Daredevil posits more realistic numbers and levels for destruction for the first Avengers. I'll bet Disney got nervous about comparisons to MoS and pushed on Feige and the Russos to pull the numbers down.
>>
Watch it be higher or a a tally system in the movie and /co/ to have sperged over nothing AGAIN.
>>
>>81122358
>>81122633
Sokovia is way too small. Just look at hurricane evacuation, with days of advanced warning it still takes hours to evacuate a city and we saw that the roads were bumper to bumper throughout the city.

About the only way you can have it make sense is to say that Ultron completely ignored anything that wasn't an Avenger.
>>
>>81121092
Not to the extent in AoU. It was pretty obvious they wanted to take the entire angle of people getting killed off the table in that movie. It wasn't just them saving people, it was literally showing the entire city evacuated.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.