[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask someone who works for the WB....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 28
File: Vixen_Teen_Titans_Go_001.jpg (14 KB, 504x269) Image search: [Google]
Vixen_Teen_Titans_Go_001.jpg
14 KB, 504x269
Ask someone who works as an intern in Warner Bros correspondence office (mail room) anything. It's a pretty low peon level job but you do get to see some of the chatter between execs and producers about the going ons behind the scenes and all around bad ideas for movies that will never get made.
>>
Are the people nice?
Is everyone actually liking comics?
Are they working together to create things they love?
>>
Any worried reactions from people about the critical reception of BvS?
>>
File: That_tiger_is_awesome.png (172 KB, 372x335) Image search: [Google]
That_tiger_is_awesome.png
172 KB, 372x335
>>81081212
> Are the people nice?

It's a very formal and professional environment and on the rare chance you see someone of notable importance they're typically quite friendly. Not a bad place to work honestly.

> Is everyone actually liking comics?

Very little if any of the correspondence between individuals or offices deals with any personal preferences, just mostly plans and strategies for upcoming films. Most of the information deals with execs pitching ideas to others about future projects or how to steer current projects, not who loves what Justice League Member the most. As for actors, we almost never get to read anything about any of the actors or actual talents behind the movies except when they're mentioned in potential casting pitches for projects. From what I gather from sources outside of work (like 4chan here) Ben Afleck at least seems to be super into comics, I never met the guy or any of the other stars, so it's really hard to say.

> Are they working together to create things they love?

Again, very formal and to the point, you don't get the impression of any kind of artsy fartsy visionary stuff. Alot of the correspondence is what you might expect from producers and executives. There's been alot of chatter about different avenues of approach regarding BvS's negative reception, though I doesn't seem like they are anticipating it to bomb, they have discussed contingency plans for the brand should that occur. I've not yet come across anything pertaining to the flood of negative critic reviews though.

Several letters have discussed the possibility of making MOS, BvS and Justice Leauge a stand alone trilogy while a few others have entertained the idea of abandoned a shared cinematic universe and working with a more loosely connected continuity that can ignore unsuccessful projects. At this point it's mostly just provisional planning for the worst outcome so I can't say how likely any of this is to happen.
>>
>>81081316
This is interesting. You should post proof (keep your anonymity of course). A badge, a sign in the office, whatever.
>>
>>81081308
> Any worried reactions from people about the critical reception of BvS?

Not as much as you might expect (at least not yet), honestly all the talk about how to deal with the potential fallout for the film is not much different than what you might see for any project, they consider the possibility that every movie might bomb so there's always an exit strategy with many different avenues discussed. From what I've gathered it seems they're more concerned with fan response and ticket sales than reviewers, though as I said above we haven't gotten any mail yet regarding the recent flood of negative reviews that followed the embargo being lifted.

Another interesting tidbit I left out above is the idea from some producers for MOS, BvS and JL being their own trilogy is that all future DCEU projects should be handled in trilogy format and connected either after the fact or as alternate Earths. Then again we heard similar talk after BvS was initially announced, even the idea of having every DC film being a hero team up (though this never came to fruition). But then again the likelihood of any of this is questionable as it's not uncommon for studios to throw out a multitude of ideas (some of which are down right crazy) in brain storm sessions or to test the waters.
>>
Have you seen BvS itself? If you were asked to critic it, what would be your thoughts on that movie as a (semi)insider?
>>
File: 3123028-vixen.png (74 KB, 390x217) Image search: [Google]
3123028-vixen.png
74 KB, 390x217
>>81081348
I'm trying to think of what I can post that won't compromise my identity (not that I think anyone would really care to notice at work, but all the same) and so far not much is coming to mind. Honestly, the only reason I'm doing this is because 4chan is so under the radar and as a regular user I felt like why the fuck not. Either way I'm in no position to confirm any damning rumors or industry secrets, just share some interesting gossip from behind the company walls. So obviously take anything you hear from me with a grain of salt.

>>81081389
I actually have not seen it yet though I plan to (we got free ticket vouchers as part of a promotional thing).
>>
>>81081436
Do share with us some gossipy tales then, anon. I'm very curious to hear what you've heard. Anything interesting would be nice.
>>
>>81081203

is there any interesting chatter regarding Warner Brothers Animation Studios? I'm really interested in seeing Storks because of them and if there's anything super weird or dumb or interesting you've come across regarding them.

Also, mail room bros unite.
>>
>>81081203
Do you know a Pepe Silvia?
>>
>>81081436
How about a paycheck with names, numbers, and barcodes MS Painted over?

Is there much discussion of Marvel? Do they dislike their competition or is it more friendly than that.
>>
>>81081479
This OP don't mess us around
>>
File: tumblr_m1ipi7gYRy1qgsgz3o1_500.jpg (19 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1ipi7gYRy1qgsgz3o1_500.jpg
19 KB, 500x333
>>81081436
Any secrets that you already know and don't mind sharing?
>>
>>81081203
What happened to Histeria!?
>>
File: char_10541.jpg (12 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_10541.jpg
12 KB, 210x240
>>81081464
Given the nature of our office we deal more in news about upcoming and pitched projects than ones already in the works or coming out so alot of what we come across has very little to do with DC or BvS. Right now there's alot of chatter about a Harry Potter reboot and even a Lord of the Rings reboot as potential projects. some chatter about a Gremlins remake. A possible Mad Max trilogy. Even some talk entertaining the idea of having non-DC properties being included in the DC shared universe like TMNT.

>>81081468
Basically Animation studios chatter has been comparatively dead, last tidbit I can recall as about a DC comics themed Loony Toons series for their next attempt at rebooting the franchise, though that may have been shelved in favor of the current Loony Toons show currently airing. Hard to say since the time frames aren't always clear with some correspondence. Storks is testing the water for what Warner Bros hopes to be their big entrance into the current CG movie scene and the success of Disney's Zootopia seems to have them really eager to have their own piece of the action.

>>81081497
Only real mention of the competition seems geared towards what WB can do to be successful like them, it's no real secret that the success of Avengers movie is what prompted this latest push for the shared DC cinematic Universe. Even in the office though no one really seems to have any strong opinions on one brand or the other.
>>
File: 2176553-vixen.png (105 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
2176553-vixen.png
105 KB, 333x250
>>81081591
From what I've gathered it seems vary rarely does anyone ever take any blame for a failed movie or project idea, even Snyder was considered a valuable asset after the lukewarm reception of MOS, though that may have just been the formal tone of the correspondence, talk behind closed doors could be very different. You do get the feel for a kind of detachment people at that level have for the success of projects though, as they're on another plateau untouched by consequences, treating such matters more of a game of strategy and what the next move should be rather than "Awww we fucked up, shame on us, this was obviously a stupid mistake on our part". Rather than blame directors, executives or producers, talk regarding movies failing typically revolves around improper or inadequate demographic appeal often referring to a movie's poor reception being the product of "unforeseen" or "complicating" circumstances with release. So rather than admit they made a bad movie they often ponder how it could have been marketed better or made to appeal to a broader or more specific demographic. Again though, this may just be the formal language of correspondence with more candid opinions expressed behind closed doors, hard to say.

>>81081615
Well before my time here. I assume it was probably the victim of the big 2D animation crash of the late 90s.
>>
>>81081203
How does the upper level react to bad reception on the internet?

Do they even care?
>>
File: vixen4.jpg (65 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
vixen4.jpg
65 KB, 400x600
>>81081762
Not that I've come across in any letters. Stuff like that probably falls under broader categories of demographic farming and marketing. What matters most at the end of the day is money in the bank.
>>
Any word on the whole young justice Netflix season or any word from the dc animated scene that would be interesting
>>
>>81081619
What is this talk of a Harry Potter reboot? It sounds terrible.
>>
>>81081848
And after The Hobbit films more LOTR is not appealing.
>>
why don't I have a job

can you get me a job

please I'm starving and have to fall asleep to gunshots outside every night
>>
>>81081619
>Harry Potter reboot and even a Lord of the Rings reboot as potential projects
No.
Just no.
>A possible Mad Max trilogy
Yes

IMO now that the coorporate clusterfuck that is BvS is out and at least railroaded for the shared universe, the best option is to have solo films that lead up to JL. Same thing with the avengers except we already had our "avengers initiative" laid out for us.
>>
File: 980795.jpg (146 KB, 600x943) Image search: [Google]
980795.jpg
146 KB, 600x943
>>81081840
There actually was some talk about six months ago of creating some Teen Titans Go spin offs for like Batman or the Justice League, but I haven't heard anything about it since. From what I understand the animation team for Young Justice is tied up with other projects at the moment so if it did get picked up they might have to outsource to an entirely different team altogether. Then again that could have been them discussing, "well what if this was the case though" type banter. WB seems to be hung up on negotiations on wanting to have it air simultaneously or later on CN as well as Netflix which I'd imagine Netflix isn't about to let happen if they're going to foot the bill. WB seems far less eager to deal with Netflix like Disney/Marvel was and I think Netflix's initial prospect for picking up Young Justice was the belief that it was a discarded project they could get cheap.

>>81081848
From what I've been told by some of my coworkers, talk of a Harry Potter reboot had been going around even before the final film was out so this isn't anything new.

>>81081881
LOTR reboot has been around as an idea well before the Hobbit films and initially the Hobbit was supposed to be one film before those same people pitching the reboot turned it into a trilogy. But then again, most of this was before my time here so it's just hearsay from coworkers.
>>
>>81081619
>Harry Potter and/or Lord of the Rings reboot
gross
>Gremlins remake
gross
>Mad Max trilogy
cool
>TMNT in DC universe
would Viacom allow that?
>DC comics themed Looney Tunes series
why dont they just do a faithful looney tunes show
>WB's eager to have their own piece of the action
best of luck to them. i love the lego movie and the lego batman movie also looks stunning so I'm interested to see how their first non-Lego movie goes. Hope they do more 2D films, too, with the Adventure Time movie happening and all these rumors for a fuckin space jam 2
>>81081942
>Batman Go/Justice League Go
STOP
>simulcast
that'd be neat. CN could air it during school when they can fuck it over and Netflix can put it up afterward. or they could get it on Toonami?
>>
>>81081942
Meet anyone interesting? Someone like Tim,, Atoms, or what have you?
>>
>>81081619

>A possible Mad Max trilogy

Listen hard, OP, because this is very important and I'm only going to say this once.

I have an errection.

But seriously though, OP, you're being a great sport and this is interesting, thanks for taking time out of your day to share stuff with us, and as another anon said, best of luck to them with Storks. the more recurring players we can get in the animation space the better.
>>
File: 1374946215572.jpg (875 KB, 1988x1528) Image search: [Google]
1374946215572.jpg
875 KB, 1988x1528
>>81081909
I, myself, dine largely on ramen noodles so I don't think there is much I can do for you since word of mouth doesn't get you anywhere at my level of bottom feeder employment.

>>81082167
Unfortunately no.

>>81082218
The only catch is a Mad Max trilogy would conflict with any possible work George might do on the DCEU so it would either have to have different directors (Nolan's name was thrown around, even Snyder though he'd probably have to give up the Justice Leauge movie for that) or Miller would just have to give up on the Batman movie, which, from what I've heard through various rumors at work, he's not been too keen on the idea from the get go and might even be getting pissed that he keeps getting named dropped to hype up future DCEU films though I have seen no official documentation to confirm this.
>>
>>81082323

interesting. also, speaking of Nolan, you heard any scuttlebutt on Syncopy? any requests for fuckhuge amounts of money for sets or the like?

I should imagine Nolan racks up some very interesting bills.
>>
File: vixen.jpg (148 KB, 961x911) Image search: [Google]
vixen.jpg
148 KB, 961x911
>>81082391
Not in anything I've come across at my work station. We don't typically get alot of financial invoices and what not here, just projected project costs.

Also I forgot to add that in order to make more Mad Max movies George Millar may be getting pressured into making a Batman one first, but again only rumors. WB might be getting anxious to get better known directors behind upcoming projects to keep the brand hype going (lord knows they've tried damn hard to get Nolan to do some more).

Racking my brain to think up some more interesting tidbits...ah, there are also rumors of a Matrix Prequel/Sequel/Reboot, but like LOTR and Harry Potter this idea has been getting kicked around since the 00s. Though a Cloud Atlas sequel could be in the works (does the book even have a sequel?) according to a pitch from the Watchowskis, but I only saw that in a list of other things that are probably never going to be made so who knows. Other old news that comes to mind was the proposal to go back to Vertigo cinematic adaptations if DC movies fall through, though that idea first came up back before MOS even premiered. There's also been kind of vague discussion about clamping down creatively on the DC TV properities or changing them to tie in with the movies or something, but I think that idea was scrapped since I've not seen it brought up; surprisingly little correspondence deals with the CWverse though.
>>
>>81081619
>>81082323
>possible Mad Max trilogy
>different directors (Nolan's name was thrown around, even Snyder though he'd probably have to give up the Justice Leauge movie for that) or Miller w

Oh god no
>>
>>81081203
Is it true everyone is hooking up
>>
File: 1374506691910.gif (516 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1374506691910.gif
516 KB, 500x281
>>81082728
Those were just two names that stuck out, it was actually quite a long list of possible choices.

>>81082866
what?
>>
What's with the love of all the reboots. Like Harry Potter or LotR etc? Those movies are not even that old and they want to remake them again?
>>
File: 1308055713111.jpg (335 KB, 864x594) Image search: [Google]
1308055713111.jpg
335 KB, 864x594
>>81082533
>George Miller Batman movie
>>
Are you a hot chocolate honey with a pixie cut like Vixen? [spoilers]*Crosses fingers.*
>>
File: 1455513421769.gif (868 KB, 540x350) Image search: [Google]
1455513421769.gif
868 KB, 540x350
>>81082915
Not that anon, but I think it could be, in the case of Harry Potter and LoTR, to profit off of massively popular series with dedicated fanbases that would watch no matter what, at least during the first few episodes.
>>
File: 1322682805229.jpg (179 KB, 1024x1258) Image search: [Google]
1322682805229.jpg
179 KB, 1024x1258
>>81082944
That's even been a rumor here on /co/, but it's hard to say how much freedom he would have to make it his own.

>>81082959
No comment

>>81082990
Exactly, why make something new and risky when you can just rehash proven gold. These people honestly aren't in the business of making art, they're in the business of making money and see a director's value not in the quality of their craft, but the dollars it earns. This is hardly something unique to WB though.
>>
This might be late, but what the fuck happened to Beware the Batman? I know YJ was cancelled for toy sales and GL for movie toy sales, but we never knew what BtB was ended for.
>>
>>81081942
>WB seems far less eager to deal with Netflix like Disney/Marvel was and I think Netflix's initial prospect for picking up Young Justice was the belief that it was a discarded project they could get cheap.

That seems depressingly accurate. Still hope something works out.
>>
>>81081436
Oh honey, WB knows about 4chan.
>>
>>81081740
god I hate demographic marketers
>>
>>81082323
what about sucking dick for better> jobs

>>81082892
animators at wb have a rep for fucking each other
>>
>>81084632
toy sales
>>
>>81081203
Can you explain the continued success of Teen Titans GO!
>>
>>81081203
Why is there so little synergy between departments?
>>
>>81082061
>why dont they just do a faithful looney tunes show
Because it's too hard for them to stay faithful after 30+ years
>>
What are the chances of you pulling an "Inception" and sowing the seeds of a Blue And Gold movie?

Alternatively: There are rumors floating around for plans involving Booster Gold. Have you heard anything at your level?
>>
>>81084632
>>81084903

Why do toy sales matter so much in these days of ratings wars and DVD sales.
>>
>>81085055
Short-term profits. Toy sales, show ratings, and other stuff that you don't have to wait for.

DVD/BD sales fit into long-term plans for the most part.
>>
>>81081479
THERE IS NO CAROL IN HR
>>
>>81085086
So WB has become short-sighted again?
>>
File: Jayna_Teen_Titans_Go_001.jpg (14 KB, 504x269) Image search: [Google]
Jayna_Teen_Titans_Go_001.jpg
14 KB, 504x269
>>81084924
I'd assume it's cheap and maintains decent raitings and is silly enough that it doesn't need toy sales to justify it much like Adventure Time or Regular Show.

>>81084959
Too much compartmentalization, still not as bad as Sony from what I've heard, but you get rigid corporate structures where different departments might well be their own separate planets. Then again I only work in the mailroom so I don't really get to experience any of this first hand, just hear about it.

>>81085046
Nothing yet, I'd assume they'd want to establish the Justice League properties first before moving onto other properties within DC, honestly I'd imagine a Booster Gold would be more appealing as a TV show (if only to test the appeal of the character).

>>81085055
Don't need an insider to tell you that, inept execs, producers and board members whose way of thinking was established in the 80s and 90s when toys actually mattered. However with toys becoming increasingly less popular (and lets be honest, less well made) as video games and electronics take their spot it's virtually impossible for anything to sell toys in this day and age unless its disney merch aimed at toddlers and manchildren. It will most likely take a generation for all the old guard to die off and retire before a new way of approaching mature story telling in cartoons is ever realized again.
>>
>>81085226
>is silly enough that it doesn't need toy sales to justify it

How/why do silly shows avoid the "YOU MUST SELL LOTS OF TOYS" requirement?
>>
File: Formofoctpus!.png (279 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
Formofoctpus!.png
279 KB, 675x380
>>81085209
Most business are, there really isn't any major player in the industry who has their sights set on the long game in that regard. Disney is just as bad when it comes to cartoons and merchandise, but at least do the long game better than almost anyone else with franchises such as Marvel and Star Wars.

And honestly, at least in this regard, WB has never not been short-sighted.

>>81085284
I guess the producers and execs are just content to reap the rewards of ratings, because "it's fer kids" which really doesn't make sense since it's kids they're trying to sell toys to with the more serious shows. I think the problem with your understanding here is you're trying to apply conventional logic to the situation. Even in the Venture Bros commentary Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick talk about their days on the Tick and executives berating them with nonesense statements like "Every child owns at least ten batmans!"
>>
>>81085055
those are for live action shows.

cartoons make next to nothing on the air
>>
>>81085226
How did Warner Bros react to CN trying their best to sabotage DC nation?
>>
>>81085226
But the toy industry is in a period of expansion, Lego and Disney properties in particular are getting major dosh.

https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/us/news/press-releases/2016/stellar-performance-for-us-toy-industry-growing-nearly-7-percent-in-2015/

To be honest you are looking at it backwards.

Toy companies.actually create and fund.cartoonns as part of there brand strategy. Films and tv and the like are just arms of merchandise waves
>>
>>81085509
How did DC react for that matter?
>>
>>81084924
Its cheap and funny more than it isnt.

like snl>>81085226
Didnt the new asian in charge force fully mandate the depeartments to unionize on dc properties s, no embargoes, everyone.has acess to everything?
>>
>>81085046
inception?
>>
>>81081203
Can can clarify if WB, Paramount, Bad Robot, and Legendary are thinking of adding the Cloverfield monster in a future sequel to Godzilla.

(This is not a troll, I'm just wondering cause I want a Godzilla vs Cloverfield, especially if it happens after Godzilla vs Kong in 2020.)

Followup question: Does the Legendary Kaiju Cinematic Universe have a writers table working on it.

Second Followup Question: Is WB considering making Pacific Rim part of the Kajiu Cinematic Universe?
>>
>>81086098
Will B try to make more vidya for its properties after their success with Batman?
>>
>avatarfagging

Nice bait desu senpai baka
>>
File: LixVwvS.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
LixVwvS.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1080
>>81085521
Toy market is set up into different sections, expansion in one does not always apply to the others. Action figures and the stuff typically expected to sell cartoons have been in steady decline where as novelty figurines and other merchandise are expanding.

>>81085509
It was my understanding that Waner Bros were the ones pushing for to be done with due to disappointing merchandise sales and all around lack of interest. Rumor has it that as soon as the Green Lantern movie bombed the execs at WB wanting nothing more to do with the idea since DC Nation was supposed to ride the momentum of the first movie of DC's shared cinematic universe, but so much had already been put in motion that they went through the motions.

>>81085550
No clue.

>>81085554
I honestly have no clue.

>>81086140
Alot of information on the Godzilla and Pacific Rim franchises is sporatic at best with very little if anything confirmed. As far as I know the whole Kaiju-verse thing was an idea that never really took off or is at least struggling to since there isn't an already existing model of success (like the MCU being the prime driving force for the DCEU). WB execs seem awfully apprehensive about doing anything that isn't already an established successful franchise or has already been done by a competitor successfully. And they are not exactly sold on Godzilla or Pacific Rim as viable franchises.

>>81086213
Dunno, that all depends on Warner Bros Game Studios. But if we see anything it will most likely be more Batman.
>>
>>81081203
Are there any plans for CN to air classic stuff again from the 90s to late 00's (basically ending at around 2009-2010 as a whole block?
>>
File: tumblr_mv7hmgpmrV1rtzymxo3_1280.jpg (210 KB, 782x874) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mv7hmgpmrV1rtzymxo3_1280.jpg
210 KB, 782x874
>>81086572
Outside of Teen Titans Go and maybe more Batman shows in the future CN has said they're pretty much done with DC properties. Every Batman cartoon series after the 90s one has been written off as a failure in some way shape or form so its unlikely they'll be trying again anytime soon. Sadly it'll probably take Disney doing Marvel Cartoons right for WB or CN to want in on that action.
>>
whatever happened to that Pacific Rim animated series that was announced a year ago? Cancelled or in limbo? Haven't really heard anything since the initial announcement.
>>
>>
File: tumblr_mv7hmgpmrV1rtzymxo2_1280.jpg (153 KB, 600x1283) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mv7hmgpmrV1rtzymxo2_1280.jpg
153 KB, 600x1283
>>81086723
The whole relationship between WB animation studios, WB proper and Cartoon Network seem to tumultuous. There's always some conflicting interest with one of them and though I don't have any details it wouldn't surprise me if the project just never made it off the ground or was swapped out for the movie prequel.
>>
>>81084903
It had no toys.
>>
>>81086720
>Every Batman cartoon series after the 90s one has been written off as a failure in some way shape or form so its unlikely they'll be trying again anytime soon.

Didn't The Batman and Brave and the Bold sell toys and got enough episodes for syndication? I hardly call that failure. Even Beware was fucked before it aired, judging by the lack of advertising and no toy line.
>>
>>81081203
How'd they fuck up the Little Shop of Horrors Director's Cut so badly? Was that before your time?
>>
>>81081619
Do they have big plans for LEGO? It looks like they do.
>>
>>81081203
do you know anything juicy Cartoon Network wise? any upcoming CN shows?
>>
>>81081203
Do you know anything about the Adventure Time movie, or the Watchmen series for HBO?
>>
>>81086746
Those sideburns work quite well.

>>81086720
>Every Batman cartoon series after the 90s one has been written off as a failure in some way shape or form so its unlikely they'll be trying again anytime soon.

Even The Brave and the Bold?
>>
>>81086720

>Every Batman cartoon series after the 90s one has been written off as a failure in some way shape or form

Thought so (TTG! is probably DC animation's first big hit since the Justice League/BTAS)
>>
>>81081942
>>81086720

A new Justice League animated series was announced like 2 months ago for fall 2016.
>>
>>81090181
That's good news, I hope?
>>
>>81086720
what about JLA
>>
>>81087794
exactly
>>
>>81090819
I want to know why it had no toys to begin with, but that seems like more of a Mattel matter.
>>
>>81090795
>>81090181
That reminds me OP, if you're still here, any information about JLA? How are the execs feeling about it?
>>
File: 1458893865857.png (53 KB, 240x242) Image search: [Google]
1458893865857.png
53 KB, 240x242
>>81081619
>Lord of the Rings reboot
>>
File: 1448160139272.gif (265 KB, 512x446) Image search: [Google]
1448160139272.gif
265 KB, 512x446
A group hat I'm a part of is going to be pitching a game to the very head(s) of WB shortly, probably some time next month. Don't know if you'll hear anything on it OP, but wish us luck.

I'm dying to talk about it with others, but I have to keep my mouth shut on what it is.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 500x375
>>81081203
Tell me about WB Interactive Entertainment and if they're doing any more DC games.
>>
>>81092380
http://youtu.be/RBbD5SCND3M
>>
>>81081203
why wont they make a superman game?
>>
>>81086746
>That hairdo
>Those sideburns
>That jacket
I never knew I wanted a Greaser superhero till now
>>
>>81083129
>That's even been a rumor here on /co/, but it's hard to say how much freedom he would have to make it his own.
Yeah exactly.

I'd rather he "want" to do a Batman movie,
rather than be "have" to do a Batman movie..
>>
>>81086364
You've been a real sweetheart mailroom anon. thanks.
>>
File: wbtoon2.jpg (252 KB, 761x1067) Image search: [Google]
wbtoon2.jpg
252 KB, 761x1067
>>81082061
>why dont they just do a faithful looney tunes show
Because:
- The original Looney Tunes were theatrical shorts, 6 to 10-minute long, not 21-minute TV episodes
-The directors had almost complete creative control over them from start to finish (with few exceptions)
- They weren't geared towards children

And the bottom line is that the level of artistic integrity and control for Looney Tunes theatrical shorts is very, very expensive. 15 months for a 7-minute short? Go fuck yourself and get to work.
>>
>>81081203
>o and all around bad ideas for movies that will never get made.
There are worse movies that Warner Brothers didn't make?
>>
>>81084801
Knows about ≠ cares about, fucking obviously
>>
File: char_41357.jpg (11 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_41357.jpg
11 KB, 210x240
>>81088063
Again Batman = $$$$
Expect more Batman everything
It's WB's failsafe go-to when things get rough. Though BvS could be a game changer in that regard.

>>81088377
Not really.

>>81088503
Again, we don't get a whole lot of correspondence for stuff at CN or outside studios like HBO or the CW, at least not at my desk.

>>81089568
Certain people were more than eager to see it shoo'd aside, but that had more to do with animation cost politics than its actual success.

>>81090181
All I can say is that CN isn't too thrilled about it and it could see a premature end if BvS doesn't give it the footing that they were hoping Green Lantern would for DC Nation.

>>81092345
Nothing that you guys haven't heard, just alot of cautious language and a great deal of "optimism" for Snyder. Apparently he wants to stay aboard for the entirety of a MOS trilogy in addition to Justice League and plans on having a creative hand with some of the other upcoming properties as a producer. But then again we haven't gotten any correspondence yet dealing with the fallout of the negative reviews so its hard to say.

>>81092417
>>81092583
>>81092881
I don't get alot of stuff about the gaming division honestly unless its execs talking about promotional marketing. If current trends are any indication though it will most likely be more "Batman & DC" type stuff. Licencing departments would probably have more first hand access to those juicy kind of tidbits.
>>
>>81081619
Who the fuck thought having a animated movie based on storks was a good idea? I mean really?
>>
>>81098825
>All I can say is that CN isn't too thrilled about it and it could see a premature end if BvS doesn't give it the footing that they were hoping Green Lantern would for DC Nation.

Of fucking course.

I just wonder if they'll even bother to release toys or they'll just kill it before it comes out like Beware.
>>
File: DCSuperheroGirls2.jpg (76 KB, 599x603) Image search: [Google]
DCSuperheroGirls2.jpg
76 KB, 599x603
is there talk about DC Super Hero Girls ?
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.