[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arrow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10
File: arrow.jpg (24 KB, 619x420) Image search: [Google]
arrow.jpg
24 KB, 619x420
Hey /co/, /tv/pleb here.

What the fuck is this character? Why do Green Arrow and all the other heroes listen to everything she says?
>>
The show takes place in Hell.
>>
>>81073285
Because he's literally Green Batman. The entire show is basically make Green Arrow Batman and everyone listens to Batman even when he's green because he was trapped on a hellish island for 5 years and MUH FATHER MUH CITY MUH EMOTIONAL SCARS
>>
File: vlcsnap-error976.png (1 MB, 1920x1078) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error976.png
1 MB, 1920x1078
>>81073285
Because she has the power to destroy an entire city with her bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utIOk_rTR8E
>>
Writers' pet, they need to get rid of her like Smallville eventually realized with Lana.
>>
>>81073469
Isn't Chloe a closer fit?

Except I liked Chloe.
>>
>>81073506
Chloe only works if you're being very superficial in your comparison (blonde nerd girl who gets with GA). Lana is more similar in function.
>>
>>81073567
Well it's been five years since Smallville, but wasn't Chloe the smart one who came up with solutions to problems and assumed the Oracle-type role?

Plus she was created by the Smallville writers.

I don't know my /co/shit very well, but I think Felicity Smoak was a minor character they've made more popular, or something like that?
>>
>>81073638

Well the funny thing is, Felicity had been around for ages but they brought her in for Arrow. And now she's just evolved. She's bigger than you or me, anon. She doesn't belong to the writers anymore. She belongs to the fans. Look at those responses on twitter about last night's episode and you'll see right away who the target audience is.
>>
just giver her a spinoff show
>>
>>81073567
Chloe was the borderline mary-sue. Lana was just a bland hot girl.
>>
>>81073638
That's what I mean by a superficial comparison. She is the Lana because the writers love pandering to her fans and making her the center of attention and drama. Character origin and shit is not relevant. What they need is for someone to step in and say enough is enough. Johns should be that guy but he's too nice or he would have killed Guggenheim years ago for shitting all over Flash and JSA.
>>
>>81074624
A lot of people hate Felicity on twitter too. I think most just had the good sense to drop Arrow
>>
>>81073354
Underrated. Thanks for the laugh.
>>
>>81073424
He's talking about Felishitty you retard, no one listens to Ollie at this poinmt
>>
>>81073285
She's the best out of all of us.
>>
File: ConstantineInHell.jpg (236 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ConstantineInHell.jpg
236 KB, 1600x900
>>81073354
>>
>>81073285
She was originally a very minor character in the Firestorm comics from the 70's.
When they were making Arrow they made this version and just used the name to make a little reference. She turned out to be a hit pretty quickly because of her being the quarky comedy relief in a show about people brooding. She was waifu bait for the guys watching the show and a self insert for the Girls watching. So win-win all around for a breakout character.
All was fine and good until season 3. The writing staff changed as staff went over to Flash to get it started. The people left behind are not good writers. They decided on Arrow to pull out all of the stops with making a fan favorite character into the main love interest and primary drama generator. Yes, they turned the comedy relief into one of the main drama generators.
The end result is what you see now, a complete and utter disaster in the form of a blond nerd girl. She is one time machine short of being Poochy now.
And so Arrow has come to pass into its dark times. So long brave prince, we hardly knew thee.
>>
File: GabeRektYou.gif (545 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
GabeRektYou.gif
545 KB, 600x337
>>81073285

She's Felicity, a character /co/ loves to hate because they think she's a Mary Sue. They, of course, have absolutely no clue what a Mary Sue really is. They just hate her because Oliver and Black Canary are the OTP and they can't get over Olicity even though this is all just an alternate reality that has nothing to do with the comics.

Also no one complained when Superman killed in Injustice yet everyone goes all "MAN OF MURDER" when Superman killed Zod.

Long story short, /co/ are a bunch of crybabies.
>>
File: 1433527151933.jpg (60 KB, 680x649) Image search: [Google]
1433527151933.jpg
60 KB, 680x649
>>81077035
here's your (you)
>>
>>81073506
She's basically the worst aspects of both characters.

She has Chloe's oh so quirky personality but she's a creator's pet like Lana.
>>
>>81073285
She's one of the worst characters on television today.
>>
>>81076626
Goddammit this never fails to make me laugh. What an iconic image.
>>
Haven't watched this show since like season 2 maybe? mThere was a hot asian chick on the island with him?

Anyway whats why the constant Felicity hate I always see? She seemed fine before. How can one character be that bad?
>>
>>81073285
Basically at first she was quirky side-character that was slowly gaining more popularity as show progressed. Then her popularity exploded and current showrunner Cuckenheim considers her his pet character and she's now Poochie of Itchy and Scratchy.
>>
>entire episode is ollie getting shit on by felicity
>everyone tells him how much he needs to apologize because she's super important and strong and bad ass
>he has a 2 minute monologue telling her why she's the best person on the planet
>she says similar things
>"oh jk, oliber everything I said was a lie. Get fucked. I'm taking my company worth billions and leaving you"

This season is about how males can be in an emotionally abusive relationship, right?
>>
>>81080400
>How can one character be that bad?
While every other character has arcs about them struggling and growing and surviving and overcoming and compromising, Felicity gets as much if not more focus than the main character and does nothing but become more obnoxious and selfish.

A character that, as a minor character was entertaining enough, gets center stage. All the other characters who have gained nuance and depth are pushed aside, as focus on Felicity magnifies, her one-dimensionality becoming more and more oppressive.
>>
>>81080431
I think we are supposed to side with Felicity.
>>
>>81080431
Her entire fucking reasoning, too.
>All that stuff I said about love doesn't apply to us because you will always lie.
>Felicity you don't know that.
>Yes I do. This role of vigilantism will do that to you, every time.

You DON'T KNOW THAT. He's making an open commitment to you about this. Fucking LOOK AT HIM. He's DEVASTATED. He looks like he's going to seppuku. And you just focus on yourself, even being passive aggressive and sniping him the whole time. How the fuck can anyone be on her side? Even if she's right, she's being a horrible person about this. She's actively hurting him. Oliver only withholds things to protect people. Whether they end up getting hurt or not is hindsight bias, he has the best of intentions. Results differ because other people, like Malcolm or Darkh, have more insidious intentions. Oliver makes these decisions to protect people. Felicity? She just wants to protect herself.
>>
>>81080446

Hmm, does the fan base recognize this and give the writers shit? I can only assume shes heralded as the exact opposite.

Also what happened to the black bodyguard? He die?
>>
>>81080530
yeah he died.
>>
>>81080505
Wait, her entire point is being built on the fact that Ollie lies? The bitch that was secretly helping team Arrow when they decided to leave it behind and then bitch who convinced him to put on the hood once again? She legitimately acts like a Daredevil villain. You know that shit, make him fall for you and then crush him like Kingpin did with Typhoid Mary and Echo.
>>
>>81080530
>does the fan base recognize this and give the writers shit?
They love her. They adore her and her relationship. It's honestly kind of depressing to know how large a chunk of the population considers this type of relationship idyllic.
Diggle's still alive for the moment, though.

>>81080559
>her entire point is being built on the fact that Ollie lies?
The straw that broke the camel's back was that Oliver hid the fact that he had a son from her, and didn't involve her in the decision of what to do about said son once he was safe.

And, as far as breaking up with someone because they don't meet your standards goes, that's fair. Felicity, however, has unrealistic standards in which only Oliver should ever change himself to fix the relationship, and that honoring a promise to the mother of his child is less important than telling her absolutely everything. A person cannot have a single secret if they're in a relationship, if it's with her.

This would not be as egregious if IN THE VERY PREVIOUS EPISODE, she had told her mother that sometimes people keep secrets from their loved ones to protect them. Then expecting that she should have a decision or say in the fate of a child she has no stake in. Decisions which were not anywhere near her wheelhouse. Witnessing Oliver record a possibly final message to his son, whom he will not see for years, or possibly ever again. She comes in and tells him how he made her upset with his insensitivity.
>>
>>81080559
Felicity is a borderline personality. She just likes toying with him.
>>
File: lefrogman.png (8 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
lefrogman.png
8 KB, 400x299
Friendly reminder that we will never get a live action version of this (or a full animated show)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVRiADlDEig
>>
What if this was actually the last time we ever saw felicity? What if she actually walked out and never came back?

Would we finally get OlliexSpeedy?
>>
>>81080818
We already know an upcoming episode has her intricately involved.
>>
>>81073285
I may just fucking drop the series because of this thundercunt. Every time she's on fucking screen, I have to control myself to keep steam from spouting of my fucking ears. She is literally single-handedly destroying the show.
>>
>>81080626
> This would not be as egregious if IN THE VERY PREVIOUS EPISODE

Or in the opening of this season, where it was shown that despite Ollie and her having made a commitment to each other to not do vigilante work any more, she was still being the resident hacker for the entire, what, year or so that they were playing house. And somehow this is treated like a joke, while Ollie not telling her about his son because the little fucker would be in danger is considered bad.

Like, what kind of huge cucks are these writers that they think this is acceptable behaviour?
>>
>>81081219
Well, it's fairly obvious from the complete disregard they have for the IP they're handling and the actors involved (how many have just fucking LEFT as soon as they could now?) that they're an amoral bunch of assholes that deserve the hole they're digging for themselves. I highly doubt that, after Arrow, they'll get another job with a decent team.
>>
>>81077035
Nobody hates her cause she's a Mary Sue. They hate her cause she acts like a preachy condescending moral arbiter that gets into everyone's face all the time cause they don't follow her rigid whiny bitchy guidelines on how to live their lives.

>Oliver, are you telling me that you made a secret pact with Malcolm Merlyn so he would help you defeat the League in exchange for the leadership of the same? The same Malcolm Merlyn, who need I remind you drugged and hypnotized your sister Thea to kill our friend Sara in an effort to make you defeat Ra's al Ghul, the leader of the League of Assassins in a one on one duel after you climb a mountain for hours, so that his blood debt with League would be erased? I cannot believe you would do this to ME! My 3 grader level moral code can't handle this type of ambiguity so I'll guilt trip you till the end of time while you just stand there like a castrated chump.
>>
>>81073445

Jesus. Is that what Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen sounds? He sounds like a nasally bitch.
>>
>>81075003
I would die
>>
>>81075003
Felicity: No Not That One
>>
Chole was better, is, and still is better than Felicity.
>>
>>81073445
Now that I think of it, Vandal Savage is far more menacing here than he's on LoT. And I still hate this Savage.
>>
File: tDfKe1-1C4I.jpg (386 KB, 1363x2048) Image search: [Google]
tDfKe1-1C4I.jpg
386 KB, 1363x2048
Felicity is hot, smart, strong. I like her.
>>
>>81073285
She is the result of tv trying to handle comincs
The old Green Arrow comics are much more interesting than the show
Book = Comic > Movie with visionary director and lots of planning > Movie > HBO TV > Netflix TV > AMC TV = NBC TV >>>>>>>>>>>>> The CW TV
tl;dr stop watching Arrow and get off /tv/
>>
>>81073354
first post best post
>>
>>81085179
This episode was co-produced with the flash people, which incidentally is why it's better than most, even with felicity drama bullshit.
>>
>>81085339
>le HBO is good meme
Just because it was lucky enough to have two good shows doesn't mean it's not mediocre as hell.
>implying Mad Men doesn't shit on anything HBO has to offer aside from Sopranos and The Wire
>implying Netflix is anything but dogshit that's on par with CW
>>
>>81085434
however fun The Flash is Arrow and LoT balance it out with pure garbage. LoT actually made me like The Flash less.
You can't even argue that there's less quality in Daredevil and Jessica Jones than all of CW's shows put together. They're leaps and bounds better in cinematography, choreography, writing and planning.
The Flash is like a guy who can swim tied to two idiots that can't. He can't keep the CW afloat
>>
>>81085549
Daredevil, maybe, but I can argue that Jessica Jones is as bad as CWshit, though.
>>
>>81085588
Netflix also has Bojack Horseman
>>
>>81085314
I find her physically attractive too,
but like a certain dark spider it doesn't mean she can act for shit, no matter how much screen time they get.
>>
>>81077035
I feel like she is a perfect fit for the definition of Mary Sue, especially because she isn't technically the main character. She feels like a self insert in a Green Arrow fanfiction (which, on a certain level, you can say it's true).
>>
>>81077035
>no one complained when superman killed in injustice

him killing kicked off the entire bad future desufamsempai
>>
>>81085434
But HBO has The Pacific and Generation Kill.
>>
>>81085588
There's no way it's worse than Arrow. And the real lesson we can all take from this is to stop watching Arrow.
Make the decision I made 2 seasons ago. Libera tutemet ex infernis
>>
>>81080654
oh god it's so perfect
>>
>>81085933
It's not worse. It's just as bad.
>>
>>81086013
So why are you still watching it? Come to our side. Read the comics. Read some classic Green Arrow, some Punisher Max, the original GoTG, and for fuck's sake read Lucifer. All are great, all take less time overall to read through then watching it on TV.
>>
>>81086137
I'm not watching Arrow. I dropped it already.
I'm just arguing that HBO is extremely overrated and Jessica Jones is complete shit which I watched only because I was promised a good psychological thriller/horror.
>>
>Oliver gives up being a vigilante
>Leaves Star City and moves to the suburbs
>Instead of running on rooftops, he goes on morning jogs
>Instead of putting arrows in people, he's having fun learning how to cook.
>For the first time since coming back from the island, he is happy and relaxed.

Felicity had everything she wanted. She got Oliver and no longer has to worry about him possibly being killed every night.

And what does she do? Help the team behind his back, lies to him while she is doing so and drags him back into the dangerous life again.

Oliver is too good for her. He really is.
>>
>>81086137
>>81086197
Oh I get it now. I'm not OP and I must add that I've already read my share of Vertigo and Punisher MAX.
I only watched Arrow for fight choreography which gets worse with each season anyway.
>>
File: _IYxWtznW_g.jpg (87 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
_IYxWtznW_g.jpg
87 KB, 768x1024
>>81086137
>Read the comics.
Nice try. /co doesn't read comics.
>>
>>81086222
Thea and Laurel dragged him back, Felicity was just giving them remote help while she was in Ivy Town. If anything it's a little weird that Ollie had a problem with Felicity giving John, Laurel, and Thea help considering it was zero risk on their part.
>>
File: 1450162509086.jpg (41 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1450162509086.jpg
41 KB, 500x294
>>81085549
>Jessica Jones better than anything
>>
>>81085434
>Deadwood
>Carnivale
>Six Feet Under
>Generation Kill
>Rome
>Curb Your Enthusiasm
>Larry Sanders Show
>>
she only proves one point:
don't let anyone know your secret ID
ever

where are my unknown vigilant nowadays?
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.