[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superman Series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: supers.jpg (8 KB, 192x262) Image search: [Google]
supers.jpg
8 KB, 192x262
We had a nice thread last night, so lets try this again and mix it up a little from last time

Pitch your Superman series. It can be anything you want, a movie, show, book, whatever. The only restriction is that you have to create something new and original. If your making a movie, you can't just say "I'd adapt ___ storyline" and if you were making an ongoing you need at least a basic outline of what the series would be about

But other than that, you can do whatever you want. No rules, no restrictions

Go!
>>
I'd make a tv miniseries about the day to day lives of metropolis citizens with superman acting as a plot device rather then a character.
one episode would be about suicide jumper being talked down by superman, another about a lex crop employee dealing with his bosses obsession with killing superman.
the final episode would be superman's average day doing superman stuff where we also get to see what happened to each of the previous characters after their episode
>>
>>81982714
That sounds cool.

What about a Superman cartoon? Haven't had one of those in forever.

Mine would have a young Superman, taking place in his third year of wearing the tights. The idea is that so far, he's only fought regular humans, and right now is the beginning of him fighting other super-beings, and realizing that he's not the only one.

His existence starts something of a superhuman arms race in which various corporations, gangs, and governments try to develop their own Supermen. So, you have regular gangs being replaced by "science gangs" like SKULL.

The series would be similar to Beware the Batman in that it features lesser-known villains. The Master Jailer, Bloodsport, Sol the Tyrant Sun, Atomic Skull, Terra-Man, The Puzzler, etc.

The series would also focus on Lois and Clark's investigative journalist skills. They are almost like a detective duo. John Henry Irons is their inside man in Metropolis' high-tech industry as they investigate corporate crime and shady dealings with high-tech weaponry with science gangs.
>>
File: IMG_20160417_162244.jpg (7 KB, 106x200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160417_162244.jpg
7 KB, 106x200
>>81982146
Done.
>>
>>81982714
I also had a small idea for a one-shot story.
in it supes is dealing with reports of a horrific looking monster going around scaring people and savaging muggers in the park, no one's been killed but people are getting worried.
supes tracks down the monster and prepares to fight it when suddenly it starts squeeing and asking for his autograph.
the monster explains that it's actually a alien, whose species were owned by a cosmic emperor that superman had beat several years back. after his defeat the emperors empire fell apart and gave the aliens their freedom, since then the newest generation had grown up idolizing superman and wanted to thank him for what he done.
this alien had crashed his ship in the park while looking for him and was trying to repair it when superman showed up. the muggers he clawed up where mostly him just trying to help people while he was there, his species being neutrally aggressive makes it hard to hold back when in a fight.
superman gives the alien a autograph and helps him repair his ship while the alien geeks out over him. the oneshot end with the alien going back home and supermans promising to come visit sometime.
>>
>>81984536
For some reason that picture made me think of a super setting where the Superman analogue was as terrifying as a Xenomorph. Like the most terrifying, weird, psycho-sexual, demon creature is also the most kind hearted thing on earth.
>>
>>81984610
I actually had that same thought while I was coming up with this story a few months ago, though it was more "weird bird thing that learned to walk like a man" then xenomorph.
his super name was mr. blue sky after the song.
really the idea of a freaky looking character that looks like it belongs in a horror movie being a silver age type superhero just makes me smile
>>
>>81982146
Could you post an archive link of last thread? Thank you.
>>
I'd like to see something from a Metropolis citizen's point of view, but a little different than
>>81982714
Have it take place during some cataclysmic struggle between Superman and somebody (I don't know, Darkseid?) and see the effects of the battle from the ground view. Like Cloverfield, but less of a bummer because you see all this peril and disaster, but you also see Superman swing by and save people
>>
>>81984610
That would be awesome. How much more persuasive would Lex be if Supes literally looked like an evil monster?
>>
>>81982714
I'd like that. It would leave room for stories that are more that "Supes punches things."
>>
>>81982146
How about a series where an alien comes down to Earth, and searching for an analogue to connect with Earthlings, decides to take on the foem of the fictional character Superman? Over rime, he begins to be inspired to actually be Superman.
>>
My idea for a series would be something like The Daily Planet Chronicles and it'd focus on Lois, Clark, and Jimmy as they go through their daily lives as reporters. Funny interactions and be a real character driven story kinda thing. Sometimes Lois would get herself trouble and either she'd get herself out of it or superman would be there to save the day. Other times clark would disappear as he does and then you'd just get hints that superman was off fighting something. I got the idea from a set of drawings I saw posted here but this was the onky one I saved.
>>
>>81982146
I want a show about Superman in the middle of his Career as a hero. Everything is already in place like Conner, his relationship with the justice league and his Marriage to Lois.

What I would do is focus more on just what Superman does in his day to day as he deals with juggling all of while keeping a private life.

Yes he does fight bad guys.
>>
I wouldn't have people calling him Superman. What kind of name is that? Doesn't really work with a modern day audience. Just call him the Blur. Don't have his bright costume or flying either, that's just too weird. And keep him in Smallville for several seasons, let's not rush for Metropolis, in fact let's try to have most of the show in Smallville.
>>
File: thebadguys.jpg (169 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
thebadguys.jpg
169 KB, 500x484
>>81983307
Lesser-known? Ha! Superman's MAIN rogues are hardly known. Average Joe can only name Luthor and Zod, a lot of comic fans can't do much better. The big guns should be used with major focus with giving the 'lesser' villains only the occasional episode.
>>
>>81983307
>The Puzzler
Puzzle obsessed crime lord? Or the puzzle piece woman that Superman defeated bagging her up in his cape? Please explain to me how you'd use this character throughout the series.
>>
Something I've recently realized is that next to nobody agrees on exactly who or what Superman is/should be. Everyone projects their own interests, desires, and experiences onto the character. And there's already so many different takes on Supes that many of these ideas are often totally valid.

So I'd pitch an ongoing comic. A bi-monthly anthology series where each issue has a new creative team. Every issue would be that team's (or person's) version of Superman.

There could be an issue where Superman is more alien-looking. Or an issue where he's a totally normal guy who's just very committed to doing the right thing. Each one is about what Superman means to everyone and basically letting everyone get a turn at creating THEIR Superman story.
>>
>>81991846
So I'm guessing that's Shelby, not Krypto but whomever made this fan art meant for the very young very short girl to be Kara?
>>
>>81992845
Something similar to that happened with Adventures of Superman - anthology book, rotating creative teams, freedom to do just about anything they want. It was really, really good, but it ended after not too long. Most of the creative teams didn't venture too far out of the box, mind, so that's probably not what you're looking for - hell, most of them didn't even use the New 52 outfit.
>>
>>81992155
Bizarro is definitely well-known, as is Doomsday, given that it's the best selling graphic novel of all time, was used as an entire season long arc in Smallville and it's in BvS.

Bizarro is well-known enough that they built an entire DC Animated Lego movie around him.

Darkseid is hardly known? You kinda picked a bad image to make your point.
>>
>>81992974
I think somebody recommended that to me once and it slipped my mind. I think it would at least be worth giving a try even if it doesn't venture too far out of the box.

Thanks, anon.
>>
I actually have concepts for a new DC-style reboot, but only main concepts for the Trinity and Hal.

Little things to tie everything together, like one of Metallo's main engineer's being Cyborg's dad, Flash as a xenophile because he can visit any culture, including Aquaman's, bringing him into the world, and having Batman's title run be used to spotlight other DC heroes he gets intel from, like Question and Elongated Man to show his resourcefulness. Even playing with an idea of having J'onn be on Krypton when it explodes, and he follows either Clark or Kara's pod and winds up on Earth that way with his PTSD of fire from the incident. See, there are 4 ways that people can adapt when going from one culture to another, involving whether they accept or reject their old or new culture when in the new environment. Supes kind of abandons his old culture because he doesn't know it, Kara adopts both old and new together, and J'onn clings to his old culture. Maybe in this universe he even forges the Outsiders.

Supes has been around long enough that when the other capes start emerging he gives them a good platform to start from. Bats is new on the game after spending X years honing himself. WW's got a hero complex and is just playing a role. Hal's doing double-time as a GL and investigating what actually killed Abin-Sur (spoilers: fucking Sinestro of course).
Supes would be the leader because he'd make it a point to meet every other hero and commend them for their efforts, in doing so actually lending some good PR to upcoming heroes (and backlash for the not-so-up and up ones).
>>
File: image.png (119 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
119 KB, 333x250
I'd like to make a lesser known Superman villain be the main antagonist in a new Superman movie.

i want to see Luminus star as the villain against Superman, using red sunlight against him and even breaking into Lex Luthor's private stash of Kryptonite to use against Superman, and although he is eventually defeated, Luthor takes parts of Luminus' tech and adapts it to make his purple and green Kryptonite powered mech suit. After Superman beats both of them, the end credits scene would feature a space probe detecting all of this technology and power from the three of them, and then turn around and shoot back through space to a main ship carrying Brainiac who examines the data and proceeds to head towards earth, setting up the next movie
>>
A video game 1/2

The problem with a Superman game it twofold, the powers and the story.

So let's try and integrate them both shall we?

The best thing to do, since everyone loves their own version of Superman is to combine a Metroid style of upgrades with an RPG...let's say for reference purposes, an Elder Scrolls game.(only the RPG elements not the gameplay)

So, back to the story, I think the best way to do this would be to start our game with The Legion of Super Hero's meeting a young Clark Kent as a way to ease the player into playing the game with a logical tutorial level.

So, Superboy for RPG purposes only has access to 3 powers, super strength let's say he can lift 1 ton. Super leaping, and Super running, not speed, running.

So as you progress through the tutorial you find out for whatever reason the Legion has called upon you but you're the wrong Superman blah blah blah.

OK so on to the important stuff, this is where the game get's good. As the story progresses you upgrade Supermans base powers allowing you to become more powerful etc, this is obvious stuff.
>>
>>81995238
2/2

BUT depending on how you upgrade you become and obtain different powers from different Supermen from different story lines.

You want to be traditional Superman? No problem upgrade that powerset and you will come across that level upgrade and have the ability to reach obtain it.

Let's say you want to be Blue Superman, well no problem that upgrade path is also available, how about Bizarro, no problem, UltraMan, not an issue.

The fun part is that the story will change depending upon your decisions and so will your costumes that you will unlock, you progress along the normal Superman upgrade path but upgrade your robots in the Fortress of Solitude to impose martial law upon the world, unlock Zod.

Let's say early on in the game you establish yourself as misguided evil, unlock Red Son Superman later on.

If you upgrade poorly at one point in the game you can get unlock the secret Bizarro upgrade path making his unique powerset available.

As for the rest of the story, I have no idea but I'm sure someone can think up something
>>
>>81992155
Not a single person in the world, the faggots on here included, could have named more than one iron man villain before the MCU. Didn't stop those movies from caking out.

"Big Guns" don't matter. Especially to casuals.

Also the other anon is right, Bizarro is about as synonymous with Superman as his cape and shield.
>>
Superman at low level power from another reality (say super strength, jumping, laser vision at a taser level and minor speed boost). However he gets thrown into one of the bad superman realities like the movie version of man of steel and Batman vs superman. He goes into being the best superman he can even with his other self being a self righteous ass.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.