[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>has the finest third act of any Pixar film >excellent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: download (4).jpg (14 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
14 KB, 184x273
>has the finest third act of any Pixar film
>excellent message
>beautiful animation

Why is this Pixar's most underated film?
>>
because no one actually whatched it and those who did probably skipped collegue and didnt understood the message.

shit is the best, my favorite pixar film ever... after rattatouile thats it.
>>
>>81064063
>didnt understood
>>
>>81063896
Because while the third act was really solid, the first two acts were really painfully cliched college movie shit

Don't get me wrong, it's still an entertaining movie throughout... but an amazing third of a movie doesn't make up for a mediocre two thirds of a movie.
>>
>>81063896
Same thoughts exactly
>>
>>81064691
The first act isn't bad at all.
>>
>>81063896
because it focused on an aspect of Monsters Inc that we didn't give a shit about. Waiting twelve years to not get a continuation of the story was annoying and made people lose interest.
>>
File: 1397352618382.jpg (104 KB, 450x344) Image search: [Google]
1397352618382.jpg
104 KB, 450x344
>>81065071
>wanting a continuation of a perfectly wrapped up story
>>
>>81063896
I loved it. More than Inc.
>>
>>81064063
>whatched
>collegue
>didn't understood

Did you skip college?
>>
>>81065107
>perfectly wrapped up story
>that cliffhanger with boo
>>
>>81063896

>Excellent message

Any time someone asks for a pixar film with the best moral, I point them to this. Especially in the new age of colleges convincing kids they NEED that degree in english to get a job, it was so refreshing to see a movie say "You can achieve greatness through hard work"

Fuckin love Monsters U
>>
it's a lot more effective if you actually tried to join a frat in college
>>
>>81065107
what is cliffhanger much?
>>
>>81065166
>>81065222
It's not a cliffhanger, its the perfect ending. He gets to spend the rest of his life seeing his favorite little kid after all.

Did people really want an adult Boo that much?
>>
>>81065174
>You can achieve greatness through hard work"

That's legitimately a lie though, you either need the $$$ degree or the social ability to lie and network your way into a job, being a "hard worker" keeps you stuck in the job your at and they'll never let you go
>>
>>81065251
>networking is not hard work
>>
>>81065166
What cliff hanger?
>>
>>81065247
Yes or at least elementary school boo
>>
>you don't need college to be successful
Fuck, I watched this movie exactly when I needed to.
>>
>>81063896
I saw it almost a full year after it came out. Shocked me how good it was.
>>
>>81065289
Sully opening the door and seeing Boo again
>>
>>81063896
I'm not sure if the people in this thread are joking.

The only thing good about it was the new monster designs.

It was so boring. And how Randall became such a bad guy was handled horribly.
>>
>>81064691
this
its a college movie parody but without any adult content so it just comes off as disingenuous
>>
>>81065459
That's not a cliffhanger.

Cliffhanger=Episode/movie ending on a main character in dangerous situation in order to draw viewers back for another episode/sequel.
>>
>>81065459
that wasn't a cliff hanger. she remembered him, meaning the happily ever after plays out exactly however you want it to
>>
>>81065569
>its a college movie parody

That's like saying Monsters Inc is an Office Space parody. There's a lot more to it than the "revenge of the nerds" premise. That simply moves the plot forward.
>>
>>81065635
It has the same structure of college movies, which is undoubtedly simple, but still. I don't know, I just expected it to be more clever than
>they're playing beer pong! lol theyre not.
>>
>>81063896
The original benefited greatly from introducing a really interesting and creative concept and world. While the concept of monster classes is still interesting, it doesn't offer a whole lot more than the original. I think a lot of people were also excited to see Randall's history with Mike and Sully only for it to turn out he wasn't in it much and his story was basically that he became a jerk from hanging with the cool kids.

But I think more then that, it suffered a bit from being a family-friendly college movie. It was a great family-friendly college movie, but the college environment still needed to be watered down a bit for the sake of young audiences. But yeah, it's still pretty unappreciated and still manages to be a good movie, especially towards the end.

>>81065222
>>81065166
That's not a cliffhanger. It was a conclusion to the story, assuring the audience that he does get to see Boo again. It wasn't necessary to show more than that. It'd be like claiming a romantic movie that ends with them getting married is a cliffhanger because you don't get to see them as a married couple.

It would have been a cliffhanger if it showed Sully walk in to see Boo only to find her parents right there with her.
>>
>>81065174
>>81065251
It also had the message "Sometimes you just CAN'T do something no matter how bad you want it and how hard you try but that doesn't mean you can't still live a fulfulling life" which is pretty much the complete opposite moral of every other kid's movie of the time.
>>
File: 53356935963569.jpg (28 KB, 401x334) Image search: [Google]
53356935963569.jpg
28 KB, 401x334
>>81064063
>skipped collegue and didnt understood the message
>>
>>81063896
The Monsters University game for Infinity is comfy as fuck.
>>
File: BrockMyFingerPoints.jpg (65 KB, 434x419) Image search: [Google]
BrockMyFingerPoints.jpg
65 KB, 434x419
>>81063896

I like MU. I like MU's characters and their designs and the color to the movie. But the story left me with a kind of "eh" feel. It's still good, but I didn't think it was amazing. The characters pushed it over the top for me, however.

This movie also made me wish my college years had gone better... I quit going after 3 years of aimless class taking.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.