[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people feel about Superman: American Alien
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: snekattack.jpg (484 KB, 620x913) Image search: [Google]
snekattack.jpg
484 KB, 620x913
Max Landis can seem kind of like a pretentious hipster tool whose constant droning about what makes a good story does not seem to jive with the consistent crummy movies he wrote the script of....but i'm wondering how people feel about his comic book (debut?)

Personally I find myself digging it which is really surprising. Each story is cool and some of the interpersonal moments feel a bit 'look at how modern i'm depicting clark kent'. But beyond that i've liked each issue.
>>
It's not a debut. He did a story in Adventures of Superman too.

Not rally a fan of AA though. I like the idea but the execution just doesn't do anything for me.
>>
File: 1455740424457.png (1 MB, 1988x536) Image search: [Google]
1455740424457.png
1 MB, 1988x536
>>81061136
>>
>>81061345
That Adventures of Superman comic was fucking awful and the reason I haven't read American Alien. I get the feeling from how much praise AA gets that I'd probably like it more, but I'm just not interested after AoS.
>>
Each issue of American Alien is really hit-or-miss. I can get behind an alternate take on Superman, since we have so many faithful ones going on that moment as well. It's the actual quality of some of the issues (the latest one, for instance) that I don't like.
>>
>>81061136
This is a pretty funny scene, marred by pig disgusting art.
>>
File: skyman.png (784 KB, 1024x440) Image search: [Google]
skyman.png
784 KB, 1024x440
I thought proto superman was pretty cool looking.
>>
>>81061457
I loved the art in that whole book (particularly lex luthor) but what the fuck was with that batman. It looked like a lanky hobo in batman pajamas.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3808x2904) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3808x2904
>>81061136
Edgy, Grimdark, and stupid.
Clark shouldn't burn people's arms off. Clark shouldn't swear. Clark shouldn't drink alcohol. Clark shouldn't hav random sex with random women he just met. Clark shouldn't of left Slade to drown. Clark shouldn't destroy property. Clark shouldn't of hurt people (like Bruce) ad take pleasure in it.
But this isn't Clark Kent, it's Max Landis self-serting onto Superman and making him a tryhard. More reason why Superman shouldn't be at DC.
>>
>>81061592
>More reason why Superman shouldn't be at DC.
huh
>>
>>81061592
This is why Superman needs to be bought by Marvel. DC has no clue what to do with Superman and they give him to edgy tryhard writers like Max Landis and Peter Tomasi. Marvel would treat Superman with respect.
>>
>>81061592
>>81061767
This is the same person spamming this shit, isn't it.
>>
>>81061136
>>81061387
>>81061592
Why does DC always have to make Superman so violent and gritty? Can't we have fun Superman back?
>>
>>81061799
Originally it was one guy but people are trying to make it into a meme so I think others are doing it now too
>>
>>81061592
>shouldn't of

Anon, you're too young to be suffering from not muh superman. Give him a break.

The depression period is over. They are trying to make him more relatable to the times of today. Clark is a good kid but he's still human.
>>
>>81061136
dialogue is terrible

Has a few good moments here and there (the first issue with kid Clark was okay) and terrible stuff (the second issue).

honestly not as good as Secret Identity or For All Seasons (even Morrison's action comics are better)
>>
>>81062056
>Morrison's action comics are better

Is that not considered good? It had a slow start but by the end of the run I felt it was pretty solid.
>>
>>81061995
>Nice Characters are for Faggots!!!!
>I need good superheroes to be douchbags because I'm a degenerate who can't better himself and thus can't relate to good people
Let me guess, you also love Harley Quinn and Waypool? And think Geoff John's Captain Marvel (I refuse to call him Shazam) is good?
You are what's wrong with this world.
>>
>>81062266
I don't get the hatred of Johns Captain Marvel.

I love me some old timey captain marvel. but I dug the slightly more grounded take on Billy in the nu52. He has all the goodness in him but he is also a product of his life. He is an orphan who has not really had a happy childhood and as a result is pretty defensive and imperfect.

I felt in the end the way he dealt with black adam was made all the more meaningful because it wasn't just taken for granted that he would do the right thing.
>>
>>81061995
human=/=alcoholic sociopathic jerk

superman has been terrible since the nu52. dc should just give him to marvel so they can make him fun again
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.