[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>We live in a timeline where a Deadpool movie is critically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: deadpool gasp.png (226 KB, 427x387) Image search: [Google]
deadpool gasp.png
226 KB, 427x387
>We live in a timeline where a Deadpool movie is critically acclaimed and a Batman/Superman movie is trashed

How the shit is this real?
>>
>Hack Snyder
>>
It helps that the Deadpool movie was actually pretty good, and Zack Snyder soils anything he touches, so the BvS didn't have much of a chance in the first place
>>
I am quite fine with this actually.
>>
>>81058160
Reynolds and company actually like Deadpool.
>>
Zack Snyder DOES NOT care about comic books
>>
>>81058237
I am not
I want both to be good and succeed
>>
File: kanye-west-comment-on-bush1.jpg (27 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west-comment-on-bush1.jpg
27 KB, 618x412
>>81058268
>>
Deadpool has a focus. It's a love and revenge story with superhero satire.

BvS is a juggling act. It's introducing characters left and right while including their internal conflicts. It's also one big setup. Essentially there's no focus and that's why it's getting panned.
>>
>>81058160
Pretty easy really
>Deadpool was a decent movie with moderate hype
>Beat expectations of most
>BvS hyped to all fuck
>Only ended up "decent"

This is what happens when you hype too much. Even if BvS ended up being "great" it probably wouldn't have lived up to people's expectations.
>>
>>81058274
I believe you meant "wantED"
>>
>>81058160
>how is a movie made by people who clearly care about the character better than people shitting out a big-budget faux-philosophical slugfest

it is a mystery
>>
>>81058160
>The Deadpool movie succeeds at what it sets out to be (R-rated action/comedy)
>Batman v Superman completely fails to live up to its own hype

That's how it happens.
>>
>>81058160
If a superhero movie isn't lelsofahnee, it's dogshit. There's no room for seriousness in a movie featuring men whose source material had them wear underoos on the outside.
>>
>>81058160
Deadpool appeals to casuals just as much as Batman does now. Also his movie was probably better
>>
>>81058494
>lelsofahnee
Use real words
>>
>>81058160
Reynolds and everyone poured their heart and soul into making the movie. Heck the movie even existing is just because of the fact that Fox pitied Reynolds and gave him 50 million to dick around with
>>
It's "Amazing Spider-Man 2" all over again

>Studio sees Avengers make 1 BILLION DOLLARS
>Execs say "GOD DAMN IT GET US A CINEMATIC UNIVERSE! ASAP!"
>They don't understand that several movies had to come first over a series of years to build up the Avengers movie and provide that success
>Try to launch a cinematic universe all out of one film instead of piecing it together from several
>result is one conglomerated clusterfuck without any focus
>>
>>81058494
Nolanman was pretty serious, and that did well for itself. First Class hardly joked at all, and that's one of the best X-movies to date.

This revisionist history that superheroes have only ever been MCU is tiring.
>>
we're in the dank dimemesion
>>
>>81058199
/thread

also Ryan Reynolds gets it, Snyder is just a retard who never should have graduated to feature films
>>
>>81058863
Seriously this, it was a labour of LOVE where they sacrificed everything and juryrigged the shit out things to get it made despite their budget, and the love shines through.
>>
>>81058875
Not to mention the jarring tonal shift from ASM1's relatively somber style to the goofy, dubstep Electro shit from ASM2

They tried to go from Spider-Man Begins to Joss Whedon's Spider-Man.
>>
>>81058875
This. If they had half a brain they would've gone
>MoS
>Batman
>MoS2
>WW or Aquaman flick in the same year as MoS2 (similar to Captain America 1)
>BvS with a now established WW or Aquaman
>All throughout the build up there's references to Cyborg, Flash, GL over a couple of movies
>BvS ends on a cliffhanger
>Have Flash 1 after it
>BvS cliffhanger and Flash 1 directly tie into the subsequent JL 1 movie
>rinse and repeat
Should've just let me direct that shit desu
>>
>>81059010

Yeah, they're doing it backwards.

Justice League first, THEN Green Lantern, Flash, etc

Fucking idiots
>>
>>81058875
There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a method that deviates from Marvels to launch a new Universe. If you had multiple stories spinoff from LotR it might have worked. BvS us just messy and clumsy at almost everything it tries to do including being a universe launchig platform.
>>
>>81058160
Faithful Adaptation > "Hey I can do better!"
>>
>>81059010
You can even throw in stuff like Suicide Squad as the off-to-the-side movies that flesh out the world but don't tie much into the 'main' storyline.
>>
>>81058993
this is a reminder that the shocker threw spiderman against circuits and it made the fucking itsy bitsy spider song play

who
the fuck
let that happen
>>
>>81059054
>There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a method that deviates from Marvels to launch a new Universe.

I agree. They're free to try whatever they want to. It didn't work though.
>>
File: 1423937571633.jpg (347 KB, 634x649) Image search: [Google]
1423937571633.jpg
347 KB, 634x649
>>81059066
>the shocker
>>
What saddens me the most is the Rock's role as Black Adam probably going to waste
>>
>>81059066

I'm glad i never saw this movie.
>>
File: 9782352071815_cg.jpg (105 KB, 584x800) Image search: [Google]
9782352071815_cg.jpg
105 KB, 584x800
>>81058160
Ambitions, expectations, allegiances, betrayals, coup d'états, realms falling.
Seriously you could write palace intrigues about company wars.
>>
>>81059112
Don't worry, he'll be cast as something in a Marvel movie.

No matter how hard he tries, he's still Disney's bitch.
>>
>>81058160
Maybe, just maybe, the Deadpool movie is incredibly accurate and faithful to the comics vs "Yeah this is my version that I think is better because of my arrogance and if you don't like it you're a racist bigot."
>>
File: jesse.jpg (55 KB, 285x287) Image search: [Google]
jesse.jpg
55 KB, 285x287
Is it wrong that I'm getting intense schadenfreude over this? I actually like DC and I wanted this movie to be good but at the same time I am delighted in seeing WB flounder so much and scramble like a bunch of headless chickens.

Am I a bad person?
>>
File: BigShocker.jpg (35 KB, 480x359) Image search: [Google]
BigShocker.jpg
35 KB, 480x359
>>81059111
>>81059134
>>
>>81059010
BvS doesn't need to be a two parter but other than that, pretty good, senpai.
>>
>>81058971
> Implying LOVE is a tangible resource that can be calculated on an accountant's spreadsheet
I'm laughing my ass off in my 3rd mansion's olympic practice pool as I'm reading this.
>>
>>81059191
They deserve it.
But probably yes, regardless.
>>
>>81059191
> I actually like DC and I wanted this movie to be good but
Putting in that disclaimer doesn't make you look like any less of a false flagging drone.
>>
>>81058298

Poor Mike Meyers
>>
>>81058909
>Nolanman was pretty serious, and that did well for itself.

Don't break the narrative, anon. Never break the narrative.
>>
>>81059191
Not at all

It would be one thing if production was marred by problems beyond anyone's control, such as another writer's strike or a natural disaster destroying the expensive destination location where they were shooting, but this failure has come about simply because WB was too greedy and careless in pushing their expanded universe too soon with a hack of a director who married into power.

BvS wasn't an accident. It was an orgy of poor choices.
>>
>>81058160
One movie has Hack Snyder and the other has Ryan Reynolds
>>
>>81059315
And Ryan already learned his lesson with getting involved in a DC project made by people who don't care
>>
>>81059111
Do you actually expect someone on /co/ to know the difference between Electro and Shocker?
>>
>>81059388
Well, yeah.
Electro a shit.
Shocker is awesome
>>
>>81059191
No, WB definitely deserves it.
>>
One was a labor of love after a decade of blocking from getting it made and the other is directed by Snyder?
>>
>>81059346
>don't make the suit green, or animated
>this baraka doll is my most prized possession
it must have felt nice to poke fun at two bad superhero movies you were in, in your cool superhero movie
>>
>>81059388
Fine...Affirmative Action Shocker...

.... threw spiderman against circuits and it made the fucking itsy bitsy spider song play
>>
>>81059346
>yfw Affleck and Cavill follow Ryan's step later by joining the X-Men franchise
>>
>>81059054
The thing is, there's a better chance the general audience would've enjoyed and appreciated these characters if they were given their individual time to shine and develop before teaming up
That's partly why most people didn't enjoy Hawkeye in the first Avengers movie: He never got time to develop and shine on his own, and suddenly he's just there; a character people never knew he existed and never cared about
>>
>>81059191
I love DC but I think they've made a bunch of dumbass decisions and I also hate Snyder so no I don't think you are
>>
>>81059530
strike two
>>
>>81058494
Stop please. Your attitude is hurting the DC.
>>
>>81059527
I expected a full blown reddit movie when I went in but at the end of it I genuinely chuckled at half the shit.
The absolute best one imo was when Colossus says he's taking him to see the Profesor and he asks McAvoy or Stewart Fucking lost it at that
>>
>>81058160
It was a Batman v Superman movie that got trashed though. They had to manufacture some stupid conflict between the two heroes, even though their first meeting in the comics (meaning first ever, not in current canon) didn't even have some major conflict between the two heroes. Ultimately, the two of hem aren't even that different. They're both muscly guys who rely on their strength and skills to stop criminals, about the same build and age, and hair color, just one dresses up like a bat to focus on intimidating the bad people, and one dresses up like a circus strongman-slash-spaceman in bright colors, to be an icon to the good people. But the ultimate goal is the same.The whole thing derives not from the characters themselves, but the wishes of the hardcore fanboys to see the heroes fight. It's all about getting these two toys together to smash them against each other, and the "deep meaningful themes" are slathered over top of this. That's why you'll see that the audience score started so high, and is gradually going down. It delivered on its stupid premise to the superfans who saw it at the midnight premier, but the critics who had to see it didn't get anything out of it, because it's only for the most autistic superfans.
>>
>>81059527
I don't get the jokes
>>
>>81058392
I chuckled
>>
People like different stuff.

Avengers was different at the time, and it exploded.
But then they tried to do it again with Ultron. It wasn't different, so it less favored.

Meanwhile Winter Soldeir was critically acclaimed because it was different than Avengers. GoG, also different, got really fucking huge. If I went back in time and told you all that GoG was become mainstream, you'd laugh.

Now have Deadpool, which is very different from other superhero movies. It exploded also.

BvS is not new. It's trying to be like MoS again, which in turn was trying to be "super serious" like TDK, which was different.
>>
>>81059273
Nah, fuck him. Love Guru sucked and he's not getting new work because everyone in Hollywood thinks he's an asshole.
>>
File: angry-kid3-1024x682.jpg (79 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
angry-kid3-1024x682.jpg
79 KB, 1024x682
>>81059558
>don't compare some nigger to my favorite silver age white guy! They're totally different!!!!

same shit anon, black guy does not a new character make
>>
Passion and skill.
Also, Deadpool's gonna get less corporate mandates because he's more niche.
>>
>>81059559
Don't believe the Marvel shills' lies. BvS is a cinematic masterpiece and everyone should go see it tonight to formulate their own opinions instead of believing what a bunch of Marvel shills that were paid off by Disney think.
>>
>>81059701

Go away superman.
>>
>>81059597
can we just make this thread a deadpool appreciation thread? because as goofy as it was, entirely because of wade, it was still a decently told revenge and love story with appropriately dark and serious moments.

the problem with bvs is if you paint with #000000 pure black grimdark, there's nowhere to go tonally to contrast it. so you end up with jesse eisenberg being a clown and your movie ends up a mess
>>
>>81059680
You're out.
>>
>>81059680
asm2 villain was electro
>>
>>81059701
>paid off by disney
BAHAHAH

the only one paying people off is Warner
fucking KEK dude

have you seen all the youtube reviewers with 300,000+ subscribers getting a batman v superman goodie bag to sway how they really feel?

its fucking pathetic
>>
>>81058335
> BvS
> Decent

In what fucking world?
>>
>>81059699
>because he's more niche.
Not any more he isn't.
>>
>>81059680
You keep saying Shocker when you mean Electro, they are two different spiderman villains who both exist in the comics.
>>
>>81058160
one was good and the other is pile of shit that was made by a hack
>>
Lets start a petition to get rid of Snyder. Hes beyond incompetent.
>>
>>81058160
I fully expect Deadpool to be the best "superhero" movie of the year, simply because the others don't seem to be even trying all that much.

>>81058909
>and that's one of the best X-movies to date
Ummm dude, that's not a very high standard

>>81059388
Spider-Man wouldn't follow Electro TO THE ENDS OF THE EAAARRRRRRTH

>>81059191
I still laugh my ass off at what happened to the last Fantastic Four movie, so I don't see the problem.
>>
>>81059818
Silver age/modern age still don't care
>>
>>81059847
to be fair, fox would have released a movie of just 2 hours of a monkey shitting itself with a comic book in the background if it meant keeping the F4 rights

trank wanting to do something kind of interesting that would have never been made by a major studio playing it safe, and then throwing a pissfit and drinking himself into a stupor when the executive meddling started was an added bonus
>>
>>81059650
One was about the Green Lantern movie, where his suit was made of animated CGI. Featuring Ryan Reynolds.

The other was about the Deadpool version from the Wolverine movie. Also Ryan Reynols.
>>
>>81059953
You would think that by now in both film and print, FF is just not a viable label to bother putting money into.

Even comic fans no longer care about FF. Their side cast is more valuable to a shared universe than their primary protagonists.
>>
File: Capture.png (194 KB, 761x321) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
194 KB, 761x321
How low can it go?
Place your bets boys and boys who look like girls.
>>
File: 11.jpg (33 KB, 243x287) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
33 KB, 243x287
>>81058160
Because reality lost its grip on reality and what we are living in is a new dimension fueled by our inner desire for shit shows and happenings
>>
>>81060030
at least it cant get any worse from here r-right
>>
>>81060030
22%, one percent lower than Sucker Punch
>>
>>81058160
One Studio decided to put effort into making a decent movie
The other studio thought they could coast by on the names in their movie alone.
>>
>>81059046
And to top it of they've based the JLA origin movie on the story about how the relationships between it's members decayed.
>>
>>81059909

They're both modern characters you literal retard. They both have electric powers, and they're both spider-man villains.
>>
>>81060030
I'm fully expecting it to be 30 at the most.
>>
>>81060022
BEST CASE SCENARIOS

1. make a doom film, showing doom being awesome as the dictator of his own country

2. try something cool with franklin richards

3. make a "reed fucks up and unleashes zombies into the marvel universe" because fuck it zombies
>>
>>81058160
Fuckin titts
>>
>>81059953
I don't know what's wrong with "playing it safe".

I mean, go ahead, cast actors who actually look like the characters, keep the suits as close as possible, adapt a good story panel by panel, fans are gonna love it. Casuals won't have a problem with it. Guaranteed cash, doesn't even take all that much of a budget or big names involved. Promise.

Hell I'd actually pay to watch the 1994 Fantastic Four movie, even nowadays. At least they bothered making a proper Dr Doom.
>>
>>81060116
>both have electric powers

i don't know who's trolling who anymore
>>
>>81059675
Well he is, but that's besides the point.

Party, on Garth.
>>
>>81058160
Throwing money at arrogant people is a very common way of trying to achieve things, but it often has poor results.
>>
>>81060030
20%
>>
>>81060116
So Spiderman has Shocker, affirmative action Shocker and Electro.
Does it also has the Cleavland Steamer?
>>
>>81060116
>They both have electric powers
Shocker?
>>
>>81060169
This is advanced level trolling anon.
>>
>>81058199
This, also everyone and their mom already have an opinion formed regarding Superman, Batmam and most of the older DC characters while Deadpool for many people was something new or seeimg as nothing but a meme character so his movie taking the character beyond that was new for a lot of people.

Putting Snyder's shit aside it's difficult making a modern Superman movie for a modern audience because, like I said, a lot of people have formed oponions on what Superman is or should be and there's always going to be a "Not muh" or "He is boring" fags and the Reeves fags (like how WW has the Lynda Carter fags) and all that shit.

The Marvel stuff is mostly new and recent to a lot of people which makes them more open to their characters and the fact that Iron Man started out good really helped kick off tje MCU, they are taking advantage of their IPs too.

Hell Suicide Squad might do good because aside from the Joker most of these characters are relatively unknown to people and the idea of a movie starring a group of villains acting like heroes (or in the squad's case having no choice or doing it for personal gain) is an interesting novelty to most people.
>>
>>81060116
Shocker makes shockwaves, motherfucker. Vibrations. He shakes stuff.
>>
>>81060147
if the studio wants to play it safe and make a traditional cape flick

but the director wants to make a fucked up, sci-fi body horror flick

there's gonna be tonal inconsistencies

that's what's wrong with playing it safe

either go full cheesy or go full fucked up, you can't mix both in this case
>>
>>81058335
I thought both were going to be bad, with BvS being worse.

I ended up liking Deadpool and BvS is trash.
>>
>>81060210

Eat a semantic dick sperglord. They both shock things.
>>
>>81058160
We're living in one of the better timelines.
>>
>We live in a time line where movies engineered by suits to appeal to the wallets of demographics are generally less well received than movies made by fans for fans
Who would have thought.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
>>
>>81059388
I know bendis doesn't.
>>
>>81060030
20%, not even kidding.

Audience score is going to be 60%. Maybe 65% at most. The more rabid fans who lap up anything and everything will see it in the first 3-4 days and the score will drop after that.
>>
>>81060270
>bvs sucks
>deadpool doesn't suck
>avengers 2 sucks
>ant-man doesn't suck

this is a weird timeline
>>
>>81059827
hey man, Tim Miller's not THAT bad
>>
>>81060230
>tfw Suicide Squad makes more money and is better reviewed than BvS.
>>
Easy, WB doesn't know what they're doing. Sony too. At both of those companies, the inmates are running the asylum.
>>
>>81059066
You didn't even mention how Spider-man whistled his own theme.

AM2 was too goofy for it's own good. There's no problem with that, but with your movie is about a "Goblin Curse" and The Death of Gwen Stacy, you should probably tone it down.
>>
>>81060241
Eh, I meant in general. I don't know why this idiot decided to make a body horror flick with FANTASTIC FOUR of all the characters. Maybe he should have proposed to do a Morlocks movie at some point, Fox would eat it like shit.

>>81060262
Hint for casuals: remember which one is black.*
>>
File: xmqqdj.jpg (629 KB, 1040x1599) Image search: [Google]
xmqqdj.jpg
629 KB, 1040x1599
>>81059066
>the shocker
.....really?
>>
>>81060343
I know that why I was talking about zack snyder
>>
>>81060022
I know of one way in which a FF movie would work.

Set it in the 60s and 70s.

Yeah you heard me. Go full silver age. Make it trippy and psychedelic and include Nick Fury Sr as a side character complete with all his out of date politically incorrect cigar chomping badassness.

They have inter-dimensional adventures across time and space and fight annihilus and somehow have them end up in 2016 MCU continuity.

You now have the best version of the FF (plucky silver age explorers) inserted into mainline MCU and it works without disrupting the existing continuity.

Play up the 'family' aspect of the team. Show that they really are closer knit than any other super team. Include the kids and get GOOD child actors. Make their perspective matter.

Keep the tone light but dark where it needs to be. Hint at on-and-off trouble in the marriage.
>>
File: 1457117805291.jpg (76 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
1457117805291.jpg
76 KB, 500x498
>>81059010
Funny how you mention that

Years and years ago at an lcs two guys came into the store looked around and then talked to the owner and the customers in the store

They figured that if DC wanted to catch up to marvel they wanted to make a Justice League movie right from the start

Everyone in the store disagreed with them because it would be a cluster fuck

After 40 mins of trying to convince the store they're wrong they finally said they were execs from DC and didn't want to use Marvel's formula with individual movies for the characters.

I honestly wonder where those 2 guys are at now
>>
>>81060030
A-at least it has a better rating than FantFOURstic!
>>
>>81059111
It's a common mistake.
>>
>>81058160
>DP was made by people that actually care about the chracter and making shit as close as possible to the comics
>BvS is made with no fucks given other than to appeal to as many people as possible to make the most cash possible

Pretty much
>>
>>81060436
>I honestly wonder where those 2 guys are at now
I guess fired.
>>
>>81060441
Give it a chance anon!
>>
>>81058160
how much money would Disney have to offer to buy dc
>>
>>81059650
Ryan Reynolds played as Green Lantern in the Green Lantern movie, where his suit was green, and also animated due to the whole lantern constructs
The movie didn't go over well in the box office
Baraka is a Mortal Kombat character that has blades coming out from his arms, and in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, where he also played Deadpool, he had blades that came out of his arms like Baraka
A lot of people didn't like this version of Deadpool, as it was seen as way too edgy and dumb, with his mouth basically covered up Matrix style and him running around looking like some military experiment gone wrong
>>
>this thread
>talkin bout deadpool and shit
>fucker thinks shocker is the same as electro
>nother fucker thinks shocker has electricity powers
>fuckers don't even know who the best goddamn spider-man villain of all time is

what the fuck /co/? have you sunk so goddamn low?
>>
>>81060381
because it's interesting. and logically consistent.

five people in a space ship get struck by space radiation, in any sane universe they turn into blobs of screaming writhing flesh, not pristine super heroes.

F4 has had 3 separate chances to do their story straight. to twist it into something grotesque would've at least been different.
>>
>>81060498
You're a retard if you actually want that. DC still makes good comics and TV shows. Everything under one roof would be fucking awful.
>>
>>81060652
dc has only made 3 good shows so far everything else was either canceled or shit marvel on the other hand only made 1 terrible show
>>
>>81060498
economics 101: if you have a monopoly you can get complacent and release low quality products at higher prices because fuck it you have a monopoly

more competition breeds creativity and innovation
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 620x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 620x340
I also like his costume, they got it right on the first try makes me wonder if they will change it in the sequel
>>
Reminder that Ryan Reynolds was shitting on Green Lantern and X-Men Origins none stop until the release of Deadpool. I can see Fox giving him the go ahead to shit on X-Men Origins but no way did he call up WB and say "hey, I want to shit on Green Lantern because it was a bad movie to plug my new Fox movie". Which means Ryan Reynolds most definitely burned all his bridges with WB to make Deadpool. Would WB have taken that kind of chance?
>>
>>81058160
Its almost like the quality of a film doesnt depend on how popular the characters in it are.
>>
>>81060651
It's one thing if you want to deconstruct or parody something, it's another thing to adapt something and completely ignore the tone of what you're adapting to make your own deconstruction. It didn't work for MoS or BvS, why would it have worked for the Fantastic Four?
>>
>>81060371
Spider-Man is a superhero mostly aimed at a younger audience. I don't mind him being goofy at all. But, as you said, it was goofy while also paired up with a plot about dead parents, Harry's decease and dead father and Gwen's death. They should've either reined in the tragic elements or kept the cheese a bit more in check.
>>
>>81059191
The schadenfreude is coming from satisfaction over how arrogant Snyder, Terrio, and the endlessly shitposting drones were for years. This is what your "capekino" has wrought.
>>
>>81060433
>get GOOD child actors
No such thing.
>>
>>81060203
pls
pls
stop
>>
File: I came here to laugh at you.jpg (74 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
I came here to laugh at you.jpg
74 KB, 640x640
>>81060498
>Implying they want or need it
>>
>>81058160
HACK SNYDER FOUND A WAY
>>
>>81060294
That might have been Pichelli's fault and then an editor didn’t catch it. I mean Miles said that he fought a guy with electricity powers and that he even had electricity coming out of his face, that describes Electro perfectly.

Bendis had Shocker in USM and he knew how his powers worked there, so yeah I am thinking this was Pichelli.
>>
>>81060881
>I've never watched the goonies, or super 8
>>
>>81060924
collecting treasured ips is what Disney does
>>
>>81060818
nowhere did i say it would've been good, it just would've been something different and not stagnant or complacent

batman and superman are DC's tentpole names, they can't afford to fuck up the tone, but FF has been pushed to the fringes in favor of avengers stuff. they could afford to be niche with their intentions. it didn't work though
>>
>>81058160
>we live in a timeline where good movies are occasionally critically acclaimed and bad movies are occasionally trashed

Hard to believe, I know.
>>
>>81058863
Let's be real Marvel making "Cinematic Universes" a thing, pricked Fox's hears to finally expand from just Wolverine.
>>
>>81060592
I thought he had electricity powers too for the longest time, thanks to the Spider-man cartoon. It was just some generic blast thing. And the few comics that I read that actually had him in it didn't elaborate on it either.
>>
>>81060592
The new /co/mrade doesn’t read comics that came before ANAD Marvel and they don't read anything that doesn’t have characters who were in the movies.

Or they don't read comics at all.

I mean this happened >>81028596
>>
>>81058160
Deadpool had Ryan Reynolds beg and beg and beg to make himself a producer just to he could stop other producers or the executives from fucking up his movie.

The writers were talented and adaptable. They could have made the movie good even with a PG-13 rating by just changing how they filmed scenes, removing some of the sex, etc. They said they wouldn't have had a problem doing it but were glad to have the freedom of R rating rather than have Deadpool mock the PG-13 rating by talking about things he'd like to do but you can't see. The writers also took budget cuts in stride by making a joke about Deadpool forgetting his guns at the end when they wouldn't have the money to do a gun battle and removing secondary characters from the villain team.

Ryan Reynolds was willing to do anything to make this movie happen. Compared to Batman V Superman whose actors were in it for the money and don't give a shit otherwise.

And of course the bar was much lower for Deadpool. It didn't need to make ONE BILLION DOLLARS to be considered successful.
>>
>>81060350
I'm like 90%sure this is going to happen
>>
>>81061034
>There's a timeline where all hero movies are bad but rated well and no one cares just because it features a hero
>there's a timeline exactly as above but everyone learned their lesson.
>>
>>81061225
Not sure about the money but the better reviewed? >>81060030
Definitely.
>>
>>81061295
You never know anon, it could get worse.
>>
>>81059701
>BvS is a cinematic masterpiece and everyone should go see it tonight to formulate their own opinion
How can you manage to get something so right and so wrong at the same time?
>>
File: 1429896627259.png (484 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1429896627259.png
484 KB, 582x600
>>81060981
>treasured ips
>>
>>81060652
If Disney buys DC you will have Bendis on Superman and Plasticman because that's what he wants to do.
>>
>>81060328
We live in a timeline where casuals are realizing branding doesn't mean shit and just seek out good superhero movies.

We did not deserve this kindness.
>>
Wait, why are Shocker and Electro the same person now?

When did that happen?
>>
>>81061725
When Electro got the shocker they meant it literally.
>>
>>81061531
Most people like Age of Ultron, anon.
>>
File: Capture1.png (549 KB, 1010x541) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.png
549 KB, 1010x541
This movie is dropping as a rock.
It's 7.9 on imdb and falling.
>>
>>81061918
>Update
ANON NOBODY GIVES A FUCK WHAT NORMAN REEDUS DID BEFORE PICKING UP HIS CROSSBOW!
>>
>>81060651
>five people
>would've at least been different
"Different" is no advantage, though.
also this >>81060818
>>81060989
Nah man, specially when Fox doesn't have the rights for the Avengers.
It's funny because the FF has the potential for a lot of stories, and that's not even getting into their villains, which put most Avengers villains to shame.

>>81060951
>Super 8
Ah, so it wasn't just me, the acting was great in this. Maybe they just let the kids do their thing instead of writing "child dialogue".

>>81061183
>They could have made the movie good even with a PG-13 rating by just changing how they filmed scenes
That would be more faithful, but glad they managed to make the movie faithful to the spirit of the comics, at least.
Almost wish they did it, actually, they deserved the extra ticket money.

>>81061527
D-does that mean he'll leave muh X-Men and GotG alone?
>>
>>81061725
When they made Shocker black
>>
>>81061918
It was 9.7 a couple of days ago.
>>
>>81062227
In the last movie anon.
>>
>>81062178
Nope, he is writing 10 comics right now and says he can write more, he will only shit on Plastic Man and Superman.
>>
I'm glad Ryan played the long game.
Deadpool as it it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't bit the bullet and played Dudepeel 7 years ago.
>>
>>81060951
>Capeshit fans on /co/
>Watching movies that aren't capeshit
>>
>>81060951
>>81062178
This. There's an old saying about how if teenagers are ever portrayed realistically in a movie it'd be a movie the ratings system wouldn't allow them to see. I believe the same is true to a lesser extent for kids (especially preteens), you'd need at the very least either a light PG-13 or a very hard PG (like back in the days when the PG rating meant anything). For example, no real kids would ever say "gosh", "darn", or "heck" among themselves, only when they're in earshot of a grown-up that could get them in trouble.
>>
>>81063003
I refuse to believe there are people who never watched The Goonies.
>>
>>81058160
Deadpool:
>made by people who actually care about the franchise
>little corporate meddling because of the low budget - they didn't even want to make it in the first place
>loads of fanservice (the good kind, mostly)
>much of the pre-release hype was viral, fan-driven, and/or fan-oriented
>showed a good amount of respect for the source material without slavisly copying it
>most non-fans had low/no expectations for it
>it ended up a pleasant surprise

Batman vs Superman:
>made by people who care more about making an "impressive" movie than about the franchise itself, or who only care about the franchise as a money-maker
>the gigantic budget and intended launchboard for the bigger DC universe franchise meant a ton of meddline
>tries too hard to be taken seriously by serious moviegoers instead of thinking about the actual fans, ends up pleasing neither
>massive corporate-driven media hype campaign
>didn't really care about the source material at all
>big media campaign as well as the huge importance WB seemingly put into it caused expectations among non-fans to be relatively high
>it ended up being a disappointment

Objectively I don't even think BvS was that much worse than DP, but because of all the bullshit around it it just felt so much more disappointing. DP wasn't exactly great cinema, but nobody was expecting anything special and it ended up being simply a lot of fun without pretense, while BvS went the opposite way and ended up being a lot of pretense without any fun.
>>
>>81063208
>There's an old saying about how if teenagers are ever portrayed realistically in a movie it'd be a movie the ratings system wouldn't allow them to see

I haven't seen it, but I've heard people say that Superbad is the most accurate high school movie ever made, and that movie is raunchy as fuck.
>>
>>81063387
>but I've heard people say that Superbad is the most accurate high school movie ever made

I don't think you understand, anon.

Superbad isn't a movie.

It's a fucking documentary that details my life from 2001-2005
>>
>>81060288
I... uh.. like Star Wars. You kids like the Star Wars right?
>>
>>81059054
The problem is, introducing all the things that you could with some other movies first is what makes a bloated mess.
>>
>>81058160
That's because Deadpool was good and BvS was bad. I know, I saw both of them.

Not that my opinion matters much, but I just want to say that there's no secret Marvel conspiracy to give BvS shit reviews. It's a bad movie, that's all there is to it. WB needs to learn from this and fire Hacky Zacky before it's too late for their universe.
>>
>>81063531
Which one are you, Michael Cera or Jonah Hill?
>>
>>81063222
I'm 35 and I've never seen it.
>>
CAPTAIN
DEADPOOL
>>
>>81063964
We had already reached those same conclusions, just in case you thought OP was implying anything.
>>
>>81063236
>>most non-fans had low/no expectations for it
This isn't true, I saw a shitton of casuals that didn't even know who Deadpool was get hyped by the jokes in the trailer.
>>
The people who made Deadpool didn't act like they were embarrassed they were making a comic movie.
>>
>>81064064
What the hell man. Don't do this to yourself.
>>
>>81058160
Deadpool was a better-rounded film on an indy movie budget. BvS is schlock pimped to the gills with nostalgia goggles and a budget that could sink the Titanic but is ultimately hollow. One of these two is a fraudulent waste of time and money and the other stars Ryan Reynolds.
>>
>>81064067
Nah, just Deadpool
>>
Say anons, has anyone here actually seen it. Seems like a bunch of people just didn't like it cause it didn't have quips
>>
>>81063236
Addendum:
>Fox acknowledged the failure of X-Men Origins
>WB buried their heads in the sand and pretended Man of Steel was the direction they should go
>>
File: goldenagetedknightisadickandab.png (185 KB, 500x229) Image search: [Google]
goldenagetedknightisadickandab.png
185 KB, 500x229
>>81064166
You need quips for decent superhero stuff though
>>
>>81064166
There's a difference between not having "quips" and being completely dry, humorless, and totally self-serious. I hated Avatar (James Cameron) for multiple reasons, but one of which was because the script was completely fucking humorless and was like wet cardboard. Not a single moment of levity or likability to anything.
>>
>>81064039
We're on /co/. We're all Fogel.
>>
File: what.png (10 KB, 207x213) Image search: [Google]
what.png
10 KB, 207x213
>>81060288
>This is the fucking guy people have been telling me is a visionary genius out to change cape movies
>>
>>81060736
The only bad DC show is Arrow and it used to be amazing before Guggenheim took over.
>>
>>81064166
I can't wait till we get to the point where anybody using the defense of "you didn't like it because it didn't have enough quips/wasn't fun enough" gets laughed at by everyone the same way anybody who said "Fant4stic was just a different direction, you just don't understand it" does
>>
>>81064166
I saw it, it's a bad movie. Jesus guys, stop making excuses for this shit, at this rate they'll never fire Zack Snyder because everyone keeps sucking his mediocre cock.
>>
>>81064398
>"you didn't like it because it wasn't fun enough"
Do people really shoot themselves in the foot like that?
>>
>>81058298
Kanye "Im da gleech" West

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXj_GDktXaA
>>
>>81061918
>It's 7.9 on imdb and falling.

Final imdb score is going to be between 7 to 7.5

Man of Steel has 7.2
Thor has 7

and so-on

imdb users don't rate Blockbusters lower than 7 unless the movie is really really bad
>>
>>81060288
How stoned was he?
>>
>>81058160
>We live in a timeline where Man of Steel gets a continuation and Dredd doesn't

How the shit is this real?
>>
>>81064683
To be fair, Dredd would have been more successful if they didn't focus on the 3D gimmick shit so much.
>>
>>81059388
I do.

Sadly, /co/ doesn't exist anymore and we're on /tv/.
>>
File: DeadpoolWeddingFinal.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1546) Image search: [Google]
DeadpoolWeddingFinal.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1546
>>81058160
Deadpool was written by an actor who absolutely wanted to be Deadpool, and had read all of the comics.
>>
File: dredd.gif (166 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
dredd.gif
166 KB, 500x281
>>81064718
The worst part is that if you watch it without knowing it was made for 3D, you can't even tell.
>>
>>81064756
I haven't followed Marvel for a long, long time. Is the zombie Deadpool head from the Marvel Zombies universe still alive? I don't see it in this picture.
>>
>>81064718
I don't know if thats what drew people away. I you had a scant few people who kneww Dredd, more who didn't give a shit about this character they knew shit about, and more who knew about Dredd but only from that awful fucking stallone picture.

I'm not sure how it could have made more bank beyond getting a bigger star in the lead role...who would have demanded not to have their face obscured the entire time. I think in a real world, Dredd was exactly what it could have been and all it could have been quite honestly.
>>
>>81064823
I don't know anon. There were some pretty obvious 3D shots.
>>
>>81064756
>that she hulk

is this what it feels like...to be in love?
>>
>>81060592
>shocker will NEVER get a film
honestly if they'd just gained the colours of crossbone's costume and make his gauntlet things shocker gauntlets I'd have lapped it up

m-maybe if suicide squad does well we'll get a superior foes film
>>
>>81064898
Honestly I've debated and debated with people on the subject and at the end of the day it really just seems to be a classic case of under-marketing. I know a lot of people went in biased because of the 3D and Stallone nostalgiafaggotry, but for the most part people just plain didn't know it was released/ knew nothing about it.
>>
>>81064756
I love so many of the little details in this. Devil dinosaur freaking out sasquatch, the stepford cuckoos squabling, fing fang foom outside, cable as the best man with cap and wolverine as groomsmen.
>>
>>81061527
honestly having read a few issues of New 52 Action Comics in the past, I'd say Bendis taking over wouldn't change it much at all
>>
>>81060022
but it makes sense for Fox to have made that shitty movie, because otherwise they would have lost the rights to the Fantastic 4, right now, if Marvel wants them, they have to pay Fox.
Fox has bargaining power with Marvel because of both the F4 and XMen, Fox didnt want to lose that.
>>
>>81064919
Yeah a superior foes film would be simply wonderful.
>>
>>81058160
One was made as a passion project by a long campaigning actor and production crew given a dismissively small budget forcing them to use story and characters to cover for the relative lack of set piece events, and the other was in development for the better part of a decade, worked over and over with *lots* of studio input, which went hand in had with the *massive* budget and *huge* CGI fight scenes and a director who didn't much care for what he was making, and an actor who was rewriting his script on the set (allegedly).

One was made for love, the other for money.

One is making lots of money, the other will too, but it's a matter of scale at this point.
>>
>>81065003
Also Beast and Wonder Man hanging out.
And even the Champion showed up lol.
>>
>>81064756
I bet cyclops didn't even want to attend.
>>
>>81059273
same situation as Justin Timberlake after Janet Jackson's superbowl stunt. He looks genuinely surprised so he avoids the usual guilt by association rap you usually get with this sort of thing.
>>
>>81059054
I dunno.
Imagine: Big Trouble in Little China. That's a team-up movie, Jack and Wong go to fight the three storms and Lo Pan , it ends with Jack leaving and driving away in his truck. Now, from that, would you watch a sequel / spin off that was just about Wong?

In movie history, cinematic sequels with limited returning cast members / connections to the preceding film are more misses than hits.
>>
>>81060436
>they finally said they were execs from DC and didn't want to use Marvel's formula with individual movies for the characters.
I hope someone had the nuts to tell them that they were idiots who were going to lose alot of money.
>>
>>81065435
No but id watch a remake starring the rock that completely the misses the point about Jack being a useless hero for almost the entire film.
>>
>>81064874
It's in the photo by Waldo

Check someplace red.
>>
>>81065530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSjclV--jnk
>>
>>81058238
>>81058268
These guys get it. Deadpool was being made by someone who liked and understood the character. Batman vs. Superman was being made by someone who wanted to make money of a marketable property and to put his own shitty "stamp" on the characters.
>>
>>81059010
no, anon, they should have started with Shazam and Battfleck and left out any Superman films

>The Shazam film should have been based on Curse of Shazam and function as commentary on the superhero genre from the perspective of its child-to-teenage audience, with Superman appearing as a mentor figure towards the end. Wouldn't have to be great, just uncontroversial, simple and joyful which not using Superman helps with.
>The Batman film should have been based on the Dark Knight Returns with Superman once again appearing as a cameo. Pure grit, Batman at his best.
>Then Wonder Woman.
>Suicide Squad with Black Manta set up with maximum hype around him instead of the Joker, with a show-stealing scene. Think Fisk in season 2 of Daredevil.
>Aquaman film with Black Manta.
>Justice League film, with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam. Maybe introduce one of the more difficult Justice League members like Martian Manhunter early on. Not about Darkseid for God's sake, have it be about a Superman villain if they're struggling, but introduce the green Lantern Corps. at the end as a flawed, interventionist and other-worldly body
>Batman film, maybe with Robin or Nightwing to set up a Teen Titans film

etc etc

I think instead of just making a film for each Justice League member, they should make more team films and films about less well-known characters
>Justice League
>Suicide Squad
>Teen Titans
>Justice League Dark
a Midnighter film would probably do better than a Flash film
>>
>>81064874
>>81064756
look at lady deadpool's bouquet
>>
>>81064341
Beautiful.
My brother used to call me McLovin because I looked like him.
>>
>>81060550
>seriously reponding with a genuine explanation

What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>81059191
Me too, Anon, me too.

But basically it's just a satisfaction for me. When Snyder was first announced for MoS, /co/ was all cheering for him and I told /co/ it will be crap because all his movies are crap, and you all told me "no you are wrong, Snyder is PERFECT for Superman".

And I was right. How's THAT?
>>
>>81059597
>when Colossus first appeared I thought to myself that it was funny how there were only two low-tier X-men in the whole of Xavier's mansion, obviously due to the other films, the actors and rights etc
>Wade points it out later in the film
what a film
>>
>>81059597
Basically all the interactions between Deadpool and NTW were fantastic.
>>
>>81058220
deadpool wasn't good
the jokes were terrible.

the only good bits were colossus and his girl sidekick.
>>
>>81058909
>First Class hardly joked

Did we watch the same movie anon
>>
Im seeing bvs in an hour. What am i in for?
>>
>>81058298
I love how Myers is just staring at him
>>
>>81066068
wooo boy i'll just say there
>>
>>81064756
Who is that with the Pot on their head and F on the shirt, and DareWolverine guy?
>>
>>81066068
three hours you're not getting back.

yes, I'm including the travel time.
>>
>>81063208
Like a decade ago I was at a panel at SDCC where Cristopher Lloyd was giving a speech about how he thought the Movie rating system was stupid especially when it came to how they handled cursing.

He even asked a kid in the audience, who was 11 years old at the time, if he had heard of and used the words shit and fuck and the kid just laughed and said "yeah, all the time with my friends"

And yeah it's true, kids usually start cursing with their friends like around 7 or 8 and that's not counting the kids who grow up with families that curse all the time, it's also around the age were snitching is frowned upon so everyone does it.

You just have to teach kids and teens when cursing is appropriate and not appropriate like you won't cuss in front of a boss or talk to a teacher the way you would do with your friends, you'd be surprise how many of them don't know this.
>>
>>81066130

I think he was in next wave
>>
>>81066130
That's Dennis Dunphy, Demolition Man AKA D-Man he is a D-list hero and former Captain America sidekick.

He is currently in Sam Wilson's Cap comic.
>>
WHY
DOES
DC
HIRE
SHITTY
DIRECTORS

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN
>>
>>81066068

a solid 30 minutes of comic porn and 2 hours of eh
>>
>>81066330
>shitty
Stop this meme
>>
>>81066384
I hope you're not actually defending the guy who has 2 shitty movies and a bunch of music videos under his belt
>>
>>81066384
Go back to /tv/
>>
>>81066215
The MPAA is complete trash. The King's Speech was rated R solely because there's exactly one scene where he says shit and fuck in rapid succession. There is absolutely nothing else objectionable in the whole movie and all of the swearing is contained in just that one scene.
>>
>>81065686
goddamn it
Is waldo in there somewhere?
>>
>>81059847
>Spider-Man wouldn't follow Electro TO THE ENDS OF THE EAAARRRRRRTH
That still crackS me the fuck up every time.

YOU CAN'T ESCAPE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>81066130
Guy with the pot on his head is Forbush Man a joke character from the "Not Brand ECHH" joke comic that Marvel had.

He is based on a fake Marvel employee named Irving Forbush that Stan Lee created just for joke reasons and treated as if he was real (like he would give him credit in a comic but his titles were often nonsensical or when fans complained about something Stan Lee blamed him for it) he is basically and inside joke for old school Marvel fans.

http://everything2.com/title/Irving+Forbush
>>
>>81064146
31, have never seen it.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (145 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
145 KB, 1280x720
>>81060750
>>
File: prv4909_pg2.jpg (236 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
prv4909_pg2.jpg
236 KB, 900x1367
>>81066130
>Not knowing Forbush Man
>>
File: prv4909_pg3.jpg (248 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
prv4909_pg3.jpg
248 KB, 900x1367
>>81066757
>>
>>81060401
>that arrow bubble
fuck you
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.