[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this at the first screening in my country (Eastern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 13
File: bvsquad1.jpg (202 KB, 974x725) Image search: [Google]
bvsquad1.jpg
202 KB, 974x725
Just watched this at the first screening in my country (Eastern Euro fag)
It wasn't as bad as RT score makes you believe but it wasn't that great either.
Here's what I didn't like. Spoilers below of course.

1. Lex Luthor was absolute dogshit. He was annoying autistic faggot during the whole film. Totally killed the character in a bad way and made me cringe whenever he was on screen.
I couldn't take him seriously.
2. Doomsday is a generic bad villain so Batman and Superman can fight him for the last 20 minutes. That's it.
3. Pacing is all over the place. Most of the 1st half revolves around the fact that Superman is somehow a bad guy because a few people got injured during the events of MoS.
>hurr, he is an evil alien who can murder people
>meanwhile Batman brands bad guys for death and kills without mercy
4. Too many dream sequences doesn't help
Also Batman changes his mind when he realizes that Superman's and his mother has the same name! BRAVO
Though I have to admit that Batman was portrayed very good, CGI wasn't that bad (except Doomsday who looked PS3 tier), Batman vs Supes fight was also very good.
6/10 overall
What you thought of it?
>>
>>81056593

5/10 for me

you pretty much covered everything bad about the mmovie
>>
That episode of Brave and the Bold with the red kryptonite was better.
>>
>people thought he could do lex properly
oh lord
>>
>Batman changes his mind when he realizes that Superman's and his mother has the same name!
You can't make this shit up.

This whole movie sounds like a 4/10, below average with cool action sequences.
>>
>>81057327

yeah I really dont understand how people even liked Lex from the trailers. I was hoping that the trailers are the only part were he is autistic but he just goes full autistic throughout
>>
>>81057641
>This whole movie sounds like a 4/10, below average with cool action sequences.

Literally every Zack Snyder movie ever. Atleast he is sonsistent
>>
>>81057706
I truly feel bad for DCbros. They don't deserve all this shit.
>>
This is depressing, Im seriously debating if I should see it this weekend now......
>>
>Batman brands bad guys for death and kills without mercy
Like for real? Batman is showed killing?
>>
>>81057746

My advice usually would be to go with no expectations. But I did go with no expectations and I am still somehow disappointed
>>
>>81057742
I...I just want modern movie goers to understand Superman and I want supes and bats bromance.
>>
>>81057846
Batman is basically dark Knight returns Batman
Yeah he kills pretty often, there is no emphasis put on it but he does totally kill
>>
>>81056593
You know the RT score isn't an actual score of the movie, but the percentage of people who liked it?

So from what you're describing, this would be pretty accurate
>>
Mexifag here I saw the movie last night and I liked it.

I understand why people don't like it though since the plot is all over the place, that wasn't a problem for me to follow but I guess I understand if you want a simple easy to follow plot. Lex Luthor was great and so was Doomsday and I was very worried about Doomsday. WW is indeed just kind of there but she kicks so much ass you don't mind.

I do have negative things to say. The actual fight between B and S is extremely short and the reason as to why they fight and stop is kind of stupid after they had an awesome set up to go another route but this was done to set up the third arc which I guess makes up for it a little. My biggest problem is the fucking ending and I don't mean SPOILER, that was handled very well but the real ending that has Luthor and then Batman setting up the threat for the Justice League movie. It's so out there and out of the blue, it's just bad.

Overall the movie is pretty solid and better than most of the generic crap Marvel has put out over the years. I say go watch it and form your opinion. If you don't like the Nolan movies and absolutely hated MOS then this probably won't be up your alley.
>>
>>81057746

see it for the memes anon

if MoS and TDKR are any indication we'll be memeing this movie for years to come, and you don't want to miss out
>>
>>81058164
You have shit taste cause you're a Mexifag, nothing to see here
>>
8/10, fuck all critics.
>>
>>81056593
Eh, I give it a 6.5/10

It was alright and I don't get upset at different interpretations of characters but the pacing was pretty bad.
>>
>>81058166
Except BvS was so fucking bland and boring that I can't see any memes made.
>>
>>81058164
¿Que tratas de memearme, pendejo? Callate con tus pinches opiniones pedorras.
>>
>>81058164
>>81058297
this
>>
>>81058164
>Overall the movie is pretty solid and better than most of the generic crap Marvel has put out over the years.
And this is why nobody likes Mexishits.
>>
>>81058245
Did you enjoy Pan's Labyrinth, Pacific Rim and The Hobbit? because I made those movies.
>>
>>81057296
Name one episode of Brave and the Bold that wasn't better.
>>
>>81056593
Literally "Complex Plots Dont Belong In Superhero Movies: The Motion Picture"
>>
>>81058371
>Fauno
Good.

>hobbit
>pacific rim
Meme.

Fuck off Del Taco.
>>
>>81056593
I dont wanna see it anymore
>>
>>81057846

They are just sleeping anon
>>
>>81058374
No, name an episode of The Brave And The Bold that wasn't the best.
>>
>>81057641
It sounds like it was an effort to convey the idea that Batman realizes Clark, in spite of all his power and alien origins, is just as human as he is.

It's just done in a goofy-ass way.
>>
>>81058272

The Flash "nightmare" is already a meme
>>
>>81058534
>h-he is just like me
I can see it, but like you said the execution it's incredibly retarded.

Maybe, we're being meme'd on and there's other stuff that makes Batman feel sympathetic about Clark?

>>81058272
>Bat of manslaughter
It's a beginning.
>>
>>81058612
I haven't seen it yet, so I'll have to wait to form my own opinions, but the whole Martha connection sounds like another idea that got lost between conception and execution.

Bruce having a moment of clarity wherein he realizes they are both men trying to protect their loved ones is a powerful moment. Forcing that moment to hinge on "your mom and my mom have the same name!" just sounds goofy, though.
>>
>>81056593
The movie was a piece of shit but I enjoyed, shame that I could have been good but the fucking plot makes no sense, also the movie fucking name is BvS, and the fight is barely 10 mins, and the reason for them to fight is only because Lex tried to blackmail Supes and for no reason Batman really really wants to kill superman in cold blood, WTF is wrong with this baman, it feels like All Star Bats. Also:
>5 sec shot at the Wayne family mausoleum of a paiting of an angel with blue clothes and a red cape
>Supes coming down from the sky as an angel
>Bats lift Bruce towards heaven
>Batman pulls down superman and is caught by Lois as an image of Jesus being pulled down from the cross and being cared by Mary
>>
>>81056593
>Lex Luthor was absolute dogshit. He was annoying autistic faggot during the whole film. Totally killed the character in a bad way and made me cringe whenever he was on screen.
>Michael Cera

what did you expect? that guys is horrible. how he got the parts for both this and Scott Pilgrim even though he looks nothing like either of them or could play roles decently is anyone's guess.
>>
>>81058164
Trump was right. We need to build a wall to keep these kind of shit opinions out
>>
>>81058877
Why the fuck is Snyder so obsessed with the Jesus allegories? This has become "rape makes you deep" tier already.
>>
>>81058272
>Batman of Manslaughter
>Jar of piss
>Speedy Gonzalez
>DING-DONG DING-DONG

I can see a few.
>>
>>81056593
At first I thought supes was holding a sniper rifle.

Fuck I'm tired.
>>
>>81058877
That's comic movies these days though. I'm referring to the BvS name. It really was them versus each other the entire movie and it was no less a misnomer than Age of Ultron. Apparently an 'age' is now like 2 or 3 days.

Yes it was poorly edited, but I was impressed with Gal's performance as she didn't seem as wooden as I thought she'd be. Not a great movie, but not as bad as RT gives it. I have a hard time understanding how people love movies like First Class and then shit all over this one even though every aspect of movies like that are just terrible.

I think this movie suffers from bad editing and insane hype. That being said I give it like a 7/10 just for how comic booky it felt and the DBZ fights and being pleasantly surprised with Gadot.
>>
>>81058951
And the worst one is the one in the end, Lex for some reason its never explained nor is foreshadowed, suddenly KNOWS Darseid is coming to earth, and we get a fucking 20+ secs shot a painting of the Devil coming down to earth, he really think he is smarter than anyone else
>>
You guys didn't see the sticky did you?
>>
>>81058164
I agree with you.
>>
File: 646456.png (33 KB, 527x585) Image search: [Google]
646456.png
33 KB, 527x585
http://www.dailydot.com/geek/batman-v-superman-negative-reviews-paid-conspiracy/
>>
>>81059135

I am guessing the extended R version of the movie makes more sense but only relatively
>>
Is true that Jimmy is executed at the beginning?
>>
That moment when Lex demanded Batman's head for supersman's mom, saying he has one hour and he himself doesnt know where she is? And supes actually goes wasting time to fight with batman, although he could just examine every building in that city for less than a fucking minute, what a moronic script.
>>
This is the "so bad its good" kind of movie, hilarious trainwreck would see again
>>
>>81056593
Editing and plot where really weak, if we try to explain the plot it would go like this:
>Batman is afraid of Superman because of what happened during MoS
>Superman is feeling depressed because in this "realistic universe" everything you do has a terrible consequence "Horse drowning"
>Lex Luthor for some reason that is never explained wants to build something against Superman and do creepy experiments with Zod just for the lulz. Also is stalking metahumans for some reason.
>Wonder Woman is just investigation lex because he is keeping track on her.
>Batman just wants to kill superman because he is dangerous, and they fight because Luthor wants Batman dead.
>Luthor tries to incriminate Supes in stupid ways as explosions, and killing people with machine guns, that for some reason people ACTUALLY believe Supes kills people with guns
>Doomsday is made in kryptonian pool that for some reason speaks english.
>Supes dies by killing Doomsday and Bats decides that is time to prepare for Darkseid arrival.
THE END
What a fucking mess of a plot, and people's excuse is "Its too deep for you"
>>
>>81058094
Batman didn't kill anyone in Dark Knight Returns
>>
>>81059169
Just admit defeat already you fucking mongs
>>
File: Jay sherman1.gif (17 KB, 261x288) Image search: [Google]
Jay sherman1.gif
17 KB, 261x288
>>81057746

let me help you out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE
>>
Just watched the movie. I'm a Marveldrone, but I'm honestly baffled by the RT score. I really enjoyed the movie. I could honestly do without all the dream sequences except for the Apocalypse one, but other than that I thought the film was great. Loved the Trinity, Batfleck is definitely my favorite Batman now and Cavill was great. Although I was expecting more Clark Kent investigation, guess they left that for the extended cut.
>>
>>81060088
Also, Alfred stole the show. Such an awesome character. The theatre I was in nearly cheered each time he was on screen.
>>
>>81056593
7/10 definitely, maybe even 8/10
I don't get the hate, and I didn't like MoS
>>
>>81057641
He changes his mind because he realizes that the reason the Knightmare future happens is due to Martha's death. Batman can obviously relate to going crazy after the death of a parent, and he realizes the nightmare he had was wrought by simple human nature.
Of course, Zack Snyder is complete garbage at directing any of this, so barely any of that is explained.
>>
>>81062544
Also another thing it confirms: in the alternate timeline, Superman killed Batman in the fight. Presumably because Luthor killed Martha there.
>>
You know how all those people went
>Gal Gadot was the breakout star! She was awesome as Wonder Woman!
Yeah, turns out she had less than 20 lines and over half of them were delivered like a robot. That's how low the bar was in this movie.
>>
>>81058534

Good, on-character messages being conveyed in unforgivably ridiculous ways is another one of Snyder's things. Hell, look at "stop invincible son".

Pa Kent teaching Clark about self-sacrifice and caring about others? That's great! But he chose to convey that message in just the most pants-on-head retarded way possible.
>>
>>81056593

is it capekino?
>>
>>81062724

Hi Germer Gouber!
>>
>>81062724
>You know how all those people went
>>Gal Gadot was the breakout star! She was awesome as Wonder Woman!
>Yeah, turns out she had less than 20 lines and over half of them were delivered like a robot. That's how low the bar was in this movie.

:(
>>
>>81062724
Her Wonder Woman reveal was actually pretty cool though.
But I'd give the most memorable character award to either Alfred or Perry. Loved every minute of them.
>>
Just watched the movie

>didn't like the "your mom has the same name as my dead mom dude!"
>seems like no movie will EVER get doomsday right
>no after credits scene
>plot was all over the place
>supes letting everyone die with the bomb
>wtf meant the dirt gravitating over clark's emmpty coffin
>how did lex know about the threats from the space

everything else was fine
>>
>>81063570

oh, and shit flash, look like a mexican, totally forgot about him
>>
>>81063565
Alfred has literally never, even once, been played poorly. Even Batman and Robin had a great Alfred. The guy is just immune to poor acting.
>>
>>81063570
>supes letting everyone die with the bomb
I actually liked that part, although I do wish they did better with explaining why Supes didn't notice it. Lex tech and all that, but it wasn't even mentioned.
>>
>>81063570
his hand ripping off the coffin lid would be too obvious
>>
>>81056593
>1. Lex Luthor was absolute dogshit. He was annoying autistic faggot during the whole film. Totally killed the character in a bad way and made me cringe whenever he was on screen.
That last scene where he's raving like a lunatic and drooling over his chin was the last fucking straw. It made me want to punch the guy next to me in the dick.
>>
>>81063570

Bruce was talking about the Superman coffin, not Clark's.

>no after credits scene
And that's a bad thing?
>>
>>81063570
Because, the A.I of the kryptonian ship explained it to him. It was pretty explicit. Supes is considerably nerfed in Live action so it's pausible that he wouldn't have noticed the bomb, or wouldn't have been able to move in time. The dirt meant that superman was alive because that happens whenever kryptonians start flying.
>>
>>81064096

yeah, i figured how lex knew about it, but my gf kept asking wtf did that meant and i had to explain her the whole fucking thing, they could have explained something like led case on the bomb as well
>>
>that waste of a perfectly good Mercy
I'm beyond mad
>>
File: wtf.png (1 MB, 855x438) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
1 MB, 855x438
>>81057327

You mean Lex Luthor isn't supposed to be an off-brand Michael Cera?
>>
>>81057746

Go see 10 Cloverfield Lane instead. It's pretty good. Zootopia is supposed to be good too.
>>
>>81064246
>Jimmy Olsen dies in like 12 seconds
RIP
I
P
>>
>>81064413
I don't remember there being a Jimmy Olsen. Isn't he replaced by that girl?
>>
File: hobbit.jpg (63 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
hobbit.jpg
63 KB, 720x540
>>81058371
>and The Hobbit?

You mean that bloated, big budget, three movie series that managed to be worse than a simple made-for-TV animated feature from the late 70's?
>>
It's a solid 8/10, even with the slow first half, which I would argue is okay as it merely took its time to properly set up everything. I can't help but to think people are trying to hate on this just to get on the bandwagon. That, plus people must be really goddamn stupid if they genuinely had problems following the plot. So Batman kills by proxy, who gives a fuck, Batman has been killing people left and right for nearly three decades in live action and Affleck was excellent. Eisenberg and Gadot both gave good performances that took me by surprise.
>>
File: gtfo.jpg (153 KB, 500x582) Image search: [Google]
gtfo.jpg
153 KB, 500x582
>>81058164
>>
>>81058371
You're a horrible fusion of Guillermo Del Toro and Peter Jackson formed during a teleportation accident?
>>
>>81064399
>Zootopia is supposed to be good too.
thanks anon, but I'd rather not look like a child predator
>>
>>81057746
Me and a friend were in the same situation.
We had sushi buffet instead, I think we did the right thing.
>>
>>81064578
>I'd rather not look like a child predator

>Implying that Batman v. Superman isn't just a vehicle to sell action figures.
>>
>>81062544
Wait, why can Batman see the future?
>>
how is there still not a rip of this somewhere?
>>
>>81058371
>PL, PR
Solid
>Hobbit
Lmao
>>
>>81064757

flash was sending him visions
>>
File: muh dick.gif (737 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.gif
737 KB, 300x169
Just home frome screening.
Holy shit I am become hype, destroyer of wallets! DARKSEID IS! Bow to emperor of man - Superman! Dat wondy skirt! They put in jason, joker, flash, niggaflash, cyborg wondy and khal drogo! Holy fuck I did not expect it when Superman actually smiled! Pic related my penis whenever Alfred was on screen! Me and me mates started applouding when it turned out that Superman was Scottish!
>>
>>81064879
Flash can do that?

I mean, yeah, Speedforce ain't gotta explain shit. But still seems kinda weird.
>>
>>81064629
No, I just look like a pathetic comic book nerd. If i'm going to a disney movie with talking cartoon animals by myself of all things, I would not blame parents if they called the police on me.
>>
>>81064927

dunno, he was doing something on his pc then he got the vision with bad superman, omega symbol on the floor and those darkseid bugs, then he woke up and flash was there trough a rift in time telling him that "she was the key and that it seems like he was early"
>>
>>81058886
Jessie Eisenberg is Luthor in this movie. Michael Cera and him, despite having the same acting range, are two different people.
>>
File: 1456942285195.jpg (159 KB, 703x733) Image search: [Google]
1456942285195.jpg
159 KB, 703x733
Wonderwomen and the soundtrack as well the final fitght are great.

When you have Batman use guns to kill people he becomes the the Punisher and is no longer the symbol that is Batman.
Really a Batmobile with a machine gun that is used to kill people.

Never have seen a movie before in my live where all the Actors where great but story was told in such a bad way.
6/10
>>
>>81056593
>2. Doomsday is a generic bad villain
Everybody who has even passing familiarity with Death and Return of Superman knew that the second they revealed Doomsday because that's exactly what he was in the comics since the very beginning.
>>
>>81065195

what?
>>
>>81058272
PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR PISS JAR
>>
>>81065195
i know. Its why i always find comments like this funny
>doomsday looks like shit in this
>why are they wasting doomsday

He's always looked like shit, and hes the lamest villain ever. It's like people are too young, werent into comics at the time, or plum forgot how much hate there was at this stupid big lummox who jumps out of nowhere and hulk smashes superman to death. It was an insult that the big superman dies story was caused by such a boring one note uninspired newbie rather than something personal in some way to batman.

One of the few things i'm glad about this film is that it got his lame ass out of the way so some interesting villains could be used in the future.
>>
>>81065328
>personal some way to batman?
whoops
meant 'personal in some way to superman.
or did i?
>>
>>81065001
Which makes no sense.

Knightmare implies Lois' death drove Superman over the edge ("She was my world" echo), and Flash outright states "Lois Lane is the key to all this!", but then Martha is supposed to be the one in some sort of plot twist?
>>
>>81065195
Yep.

The real question is, why did they decide to use an objectively shit character in the movie, instead of something potentially interesting?
>>
>>81065367

i dunno man, i didnt made the movie i just watched it, it looks dumb to be honest, also this justice league flash looks dumb as fuck
>>
>>81056593
I'd give it a 5-6 too, pretty much what you said. Disappoiting movie, I was expecting a bit more from it.
>>
>>81065383
Because he has no personality. Hes basically a big meat hammer. If they introduced parasite or metallo or even bizarro it would be a waste of a character. doomsday isn't a character hes just a thug.
>>
>>81065328

doomsday was cool after they explained where did he came from and how was he created, fuck you
>>
>>81056593

Nonsense at every step.

Do I have to believe that by chance or what ever Lane didn't push her ass into that senate hearing like any other place she would, she can squeeze her tits all the way into a terrorist camp in the desert but can't get herself into a senate hearing, yeah right.
>>
>>81065367
It's Martha he was talking about all along. That's why Batman stops the fight.
>>
>>81058371

How?
>>
>>81058935

>Trump
>Right

Pick one, faggot.
>>
>>81065614
Barry literally says "Lois Lane is the key to all this".

We can't chalk that up to Bruce's subconscious because he had no idea who Lois was.
>>
>>81065493
No he wasn't he just had a kind of interesting origin.
Ok so he is killed again and again, recreated again and again, until he is immune to all that has killed him. Okay kind of interesting.

Now if that had a personality or something more to how he acted, or an interesting goal...then it might be approaching an actual character. But he's just angry smash with nothing to it. He has had potential but noones ever used it except i think in one 'alt timeline future' where doomsday gains intelligence or some shit.
>>
File: Lex Luthor the FPS.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Lex Luthor the FPS.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>81065304
>>
>>81064078
>And that's a bad thing?

It is when you realize they just shoehorned the Flash/Cyborg/Aquaman cameos right into the middle of the movie instead of leaving them for the end.
>>
>>81065671

Oh, yeah, let's sit him on a school and teach him how to talk and write, fuck you.
>>
>>81065703
FPS must stand for 'fatally pissed senator'
>>
>>81065784
Or "Finally Pissing on Supes"
>>
>>81065761
Hey if you like him like that fine. but hes a shit character. Give me one good element of doomsday 'as a character'.
>>
>>81064246
They kill her off? How? WHY?
>>
>>81065849

his character is destroying everything in his way, IIRC he knows how to talk and stuff in some new comics with wonder woman and stuff
>>
>>81065908

No reason whatsoever, they just let her die in the senate explosion.
>>
>>81065908
Supes snaps her neck. Lex vows revenge against Supes and then finds out Clark is Supes and pisses in his coffee.
>>
>>81065367

Flash is clearly referring to something that happens later.
>>
>>81065910
So he's a talking plot device.
>>
>>81058166
I am waiting for a decent camrip to come out, I can be memeing based on that

I will try to hunt for zootopia screening without dubbing to my local language instead, everyone tells me it's good and still haven't seen it
>>
>>81064399

Can confirm, Zootopia is a good mix of a Disney "don't give up" movie with a Starsky and Hutch type buddy movie. Much better bet if you have any appreciation for either of those things.
>>
>>81064399
>10 Cloverfield Lane
I didn't like Cloverfield that much

And I hate J J Abrams "ooohhh the mystery" movies
>>
>>81058474
FUCK
>>
>>81058877
Don't forget. Superman died and ressurrected on the third day.
>>
>>81065985
>Superman is revived in JUSTICE LEAGUE just to be Darkseid's main lackey and snap out of it when Batman brings Lois to appeal to his human side.

JUST
>>
>>81065910
So he has all the depth of an out of control dump truck. That is a shit character any way you slice it.
>>
>>81065671
Doomsday was metaphor for 90s X-treme characters that were very popular at the time (selling better than superman) with some Marvel's Hulk.

Of course he's going to be lame...because those comics were kind of lame.
>>
>>81063570
>>supes letting everyone die with the bomb
What does that mean?
>>
File: heisenberg_not_eisenberg.png (616 KB, 791x530) Image search: [Google]
heisenberg_not_eisenberg.png
616 KB, 791x530
>>81065045
>>
What's the Flash costume like? Any good?
>>
>>81065948
You know, if you want to build a stable cinematic universe, you don't kill off your supporting characters...
>>
>>81059169
I dunno if they paid reviews, but they certainly paid theaters to show the Civil War trailer featuring Spider-man before the movie.
>>
>>81056593
>meanwhile Batman brands bad guys for death and kills without mercy

this right here kills the fucking movie by itself
>>
>>81066549
>but they certainly paid theaters to show the Civil War trailer featuring Spider-man before the movie.

im gonna go watch BvS just to see that trailer on the big screen.
>>
>>81066526
Anon,
You also don't kill off fucking Superman in his second movie.
>>
>>81056593
>What you thought of it?

Thought it was shit. Sticking my head out a bit here but credit where credits due. The scene of Bruce in Metropolis during Zods attack was great and is one of the best scenes in a Cape movie
>>
>>81066347

Third day

Was this stated somehow because I don't remember them saying. We can safety assume because of "Muh Jesus" but yeah, they didn't say.
>>
>>81066193
Seriously, just go see it. It's a genuinely well made film and is almost nothing like Cloverfield.
>>
>>81059205
Yes. I checked the roll credits for "Jimmy Olsen" and the actor who played him is the one who got shot at the beginning of the film.
>>
>>81066981
What seriously. IMDB doesn't count since anyone can edit that shit but you said roll credits.

One of the reviews even said he wasn't Jimmy.
>>
>>81066649
Why would they do that in the second film?! You're supposed to hold off on that until you retire the character!!!
>>
>>81056593
I just came from watching the movie and in all honestly i liked it, far better than the avengers or other Marvel movies except for Captain America 2 and 1 or two other ones. anyway i really liked the movie. I don't read comics by the way
>>
>>81067155
Because it's easier to make people like a character through sacrifice instead of giving him an actual personality
>>
>>81059135
When he's in the ship, the computer tells him it has hundreds of worlds cataloged. He says "show me"
>>
>>81066981
But that was a CIA agent posing as a photographer
>>
>>81067046
Seriously dude, I checked the roll credits with my friends. We googled the guy's name and turns out he was the one at the beginning with the camera.
>>
>>81067489
I know that, but the roll credits clearly said "Jimmy Olsen". I fucking swear!
It made me so upset.
>>
So they put Jimmy olsen in the movie....never named him except in the credits...and killed him at the very start of the film.

and they couldnt even be bothered getting the character right because they made him a cia agent?

wow, its like Lucas Poetry.
>>
>>81065045
At least Michael Cera has been in some entertaining movies. Jessie Eisenberg is trash.
>>
>>81067756
But like I said, at least one review said it's a fake-out, you're supposed to think he is, but he's not. So the reviewer missed the credits?

Jeez, I'm still planning to watch this anyway but I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for it.
>>
>>81068025
Oh, didn't see >>81067756, but same deal.
>>
>>81068140
psht spoiler alert!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458805827348.jpg (32 KB, 766x380) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458805827348.jpg
32 KB, 766x380
>>
>>81068171
Ok...lol that anon above me.
>>
>it's not that bad, not that good either

a.k.a. the PERFECT breeding ground for shitposting

Oh boy, if the trolls claiming MOS was good made you even slightly buttmad this next wave of Snydernyggers will be insufferable as all fuck.
>>
>>81063570
>People are upset with the movie for not having an end credits scene
This annoys me as much as the "needs more quips" comment. Movies have been spoiling us recently with dumb end credit teasers, they don't need to be in every movie.
>>
>>81068376
It's just that some feel like it's better to keep the teasers for unrelated stuff outside the main narrative instead of basically making a commercial break in the middle of the movie
>>
>>81057641
I saw the Batman vs Superman fight, and it wasn't cool at all
It's boring, quick, Batman basically humiliates Superman, and the most interesting parts they have already shown on the trailers.
>>
>>81068474
This comment is pure gold. Why don't fucking cinematographers understand that?
>>
>>81068474
This. It would have been so much better if they changed things to put the JL setup as a post-credits scene.
>>
>>81068474
>It's just that some feel like it's better to keep the teasers for unrelated stuff outside the main narrative instead of basically making a commercial break in the middle of the movie
but christopher nola doesn't consider movies with end creditis clips as not being real movies.

but seriously this should be common sense, maybe this would work better than all dream sequences
>>
The critics were spot on. This movie is absolutely mediocre. Editing is garbage and so is Mark Zuckerberg.

I was shocked at how badly they handled the Justice League cameos. People shit on Marvel for advertising the next movie but they have never been THAT bad (Thor in AoU comes close).

The files for the other Leaguers had logos of the characters ... FUCKING LOGOS! Who made the logo? Some Lexcorp jerkoff thought it would be cool to make up logos for some random powered people?

The only thing less subtle is if they put the damn posters for Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. instead
>>
>>81069124
Yeah, the fucking logos

WW and Aquaman are understandable somewhat, those are symbols they wear, whatever, even the Flash kiiinda can work since he lights up the whole place when he uses his powers apparently, but fucking Cyborg? The big C with a cute dot in the middle? Did Lex plan to trademark that shit?
>>
File: BAT OF MURDER.jpg (138 KB, 1159x786) Image search: [Google]
BAT OF MURDER.jpg
138 KB, 1159x786
Bat of Manslaughter.
>>
>>81069494
>turns Batman into a murderer
>turns Superman into a murderer and a bully

BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>81068376
>Movies have been spoiling us recently with dumb end credit teasers, they don't need to be in every movie.
Thats true but i appreciate them for a few reasons others have mentioned and my own. but basically considering the serial nature of comic books the after credit scene allows continuity between stories, teases for the next story, links to other movies, and does so without interrupting the movie itself.

They don't all need them but man they can be very useful in teasing whats to come which in this genre you kinda need. And as this movie seems to show sometimes satisfying that need DURING the film can be a little forced or sloppy seeming.
>>
>>81069572
at this point all thats left is for one of them to fuck the other ones girlfriend.
>>
>>81068376
They don't NEED them, but if they want to plug the next movie with a scene that has NOTHING to do with the plot - putting it after the credits is the perfect way of doing it without interrupting the flow.

In BvS, the JL setup is incredibly awkward in how they shoehorned it in. As an after credits scene it would have been less jarring.

Think of Winter Solider. The after credits scene for that was Strucker and the twins to set up Age of Ultron. It was tonally inconsistent with the rest of the movie, so imagine if it had been placed right in the middle of it.
>>
God dammit, I said it would turn out as an incoherent mess. I knew it was going to be bad. Come on, DC, I bitched and moaned because I was hoping to christ that I was wrong and this would be better than sex, but it's not even remotely better than sex... It's barely better than Battlefield: Earth. But, at least I was also right about Ben Afleck being a good choice for Batman and Jeremy Irons being perfect for Alfred. Too bad I had to be right about everything else as well...
>>
>>81057327
I never said he could do Lex properly, all I said was that I refuse to say there was no way he could be good, because every time we condemn someone as being completely wrong for a part, they usually blow us away. I mean, look at Heath Ledger playing The Joker. /co/ went on and on about how shit Dark Knight was going to be.

I said i'd reserve judgement and now I pass it. Jesse Eisenburg was a shit choice, and Michael Cera should thank his lucky stars that he was unavailable to do it.
>>
Can we just agree that Snyder has no fucking idea how to make a good movie, yet? I mean, he has never made an undeniably great movie. He's made ones which were "Fun in an ironic way" and "Alright, I suppose" but he has yet to actually make a film that wows audiences. Why the fuck does he keep getting these big name productions?

Also, who's willing to bet that Nolan's going to be put in control of all the upcoming films, whilst Snyder's involvement is backpedaled?
>>
>>81070636
I think Snyder should get back to horror films.
I mean, really, not only Dawn of the Dead is arguably his best movie, he just obviously loves gore and schlocky violence. In 300 he added unecessary monsters and grotesque even when not needed, in Watchmen he kept focusing on "bloody" moments like when Nite Owl was breaking the bones of those thugs or like when we had a close up of that lady's hand blowing up during the fake attack against Veidt... kinda the same happened a bit in MoS like when the big Kryptonian literally shred a pilot in pieces and blood

The horror genre can make good use of directors like him, assuming he's always tied with good scripts
>>
>>81058164
I enjoyed it a lot and had no problems with any of it besides the fact that the fight between batman and superman was so short
>>
Its so sad this movie's narrative is such mess. Pointless dream sequences, Batman clearly killing people(but wont kill Joker???). Its sad because everyone was great! Batfleck, despite going full islam, was a great Batman and Bruce Wayne, Gal was better than I thought but she wasn't amazing, and I liked Jesse's Lex Luthor. I don't know why, I was 100% against him. He surprised me. I can see how people could not like him because its not the Lex everyone but he was still entertaining, to me at least. The fight scenes were great in certain instances and looked like shit in some. all in all 7/10 is pretty accurate to how I feel about the movie. The cast were great, if it wasn't for them.
>>
>>81064552
if thats supposed ot be donald trump can we get someone to edit some
mexican hats and turbans on some of the skulls
>>
So who was the guy with the supposedly missing legs on the set photos
>>
>>81073872
Security guy that worked in one of Bruce's buildings in Metropolis
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.