[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Battleworld is back AW YISS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: map-ie.jpg (276 KB, 1782x1189) Image search: [Google]
map-ie.jpg
276 KB, 1782x1189
>Battleworld is back

AW YISS
>>
I hate how linear most comic book writers are when it comes to Alternate Dimensions

Like, you can't just say that there was an event that wiped all of them from existence. Because then that spawns a near infinite amount of realities where they weren't wiped out. And even more where they were. And even more where they weren't

It's a never-ending continuum of everything that can and can't exist, both existing simultaneously despite their impossibilities. Like a 2 sided coin that manages to land on both ends despite it having to land on one head
>>
>>81056536
If Ewing bring back the roving Hoard of Ghost Riders I will buy every issue of whatever he puts out for a year.
That + Nova family.
>>
Can't say I'm excited. The worldbuilding made no fucking sense. No one could decide how old it was, or whether the memories of the citizens who were convinced it was really old were fake, or what. The New York domain was a few days old and their citizens were aware of this.
Some domains seemed to be enormously big, as in Infinity Gauntlet. Some rulers would be neutralized and then appear again (Maestro). There was no good explanation given for some domains to have better technology than others. It was just a mess.
>>
>>81057227
Also, in Captain Marvel And The Carol Corps there were no stars, but in Guardians Of Knowhere the sky was full of them.
>>
>>81057268
>being surprised at Bendis' disregard for continuity.
>>
>>81057227
Well, now that can address all that.
>>
I want more gladiator!Cap.
>>
>live in Bar Sinister
>every dude has a hotel and wears shades all the time
>all the women have red hair and are total bitches
I swear to Doom this place sucks
>>
>>81057227
At what point does Storytelling and world building become spoonfeeding? What I gather from SW and Battleworld was that the world is fake, and completely imperfect be a use Doom had created all of it. It's impressive that Doom was able to patchwork up a world, but the details the fine ones, escape his mind and weren't focus on because he took them for granted.

Hell, he made his world without a sun at first, I wouldn't expect him to work out a proper timeline. But didn't Strange say that Battleworld was active for about 10 years? 2 in Darkness and without The Shield, and then 8 more until the Life Raft opened.
>>
>>81058396
That's fine in the context of Secret Wars. All I'm saying is, why would I want to read more about an imperfect, inconsistent idea? The multiverse is already a thing.
>>
>>81058437
I cannot find a good answer for this. Maybe Battleworld is the center of the Multiverse which is soft of collapsing in on itself slowly, mashing into one singularity which as formed into a patchwork world.

This could also be a Stelth FF book, after all, Reed, Suu and the rest of the foundation are sitting outside of reality building the multiverse, maybe Battleworld is where Reed's bad ideas go?
>>
Is there any people on it?
>>
>>81059165
Probably, Contest of Champions is taking ace on Battleworld.
>>
>>81058697
Nope.

Maestro got the iso-sphere and put Battleworld back together with it.
>>
Thor Corps are gone.

Punisher in dr strange role. I guess Maestro can port over other characters from worlds.

The sun and moon aren't back. I doubts there's normal humans in it.
>>
>>81060561
I honestly can't wait to see what Maestro does with it.
>>
>>81060613
Cover of 9 has pro reg civil war charcters like iron spiderman, Osborn as iron patriot and moonstone as ms marvel, a penance, Thor robot clone sent to hunt whatever's on battleworld.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.