[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of the two Thor movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
File: Thor.jpg (250 KB, 1048x1500) Image search: [Google]
Thor.jpg
250 KB, 1048x1500
What did you think of the two Thor movies?
>>
>>81054534
They're fine.
>>
when not on earth: pretty good
when on earth: fucking shit
>>
>>81054534
1st was lame, second was alright. I don't like thor too much.
>>
Other than IM2, the low points of the MCU, where everything on Earth was boring as all fuck.
>>
>>81054534
Not great but not BvS-bad.
>>
>>81054534
Comfy

I don't get they have so many haters
>>
Some decent scenes and characters. Some lame shit.

the definition of mediocre.
>>
>>81054584
I find the first Thor very comfy as well. It's "Epic Fantasy Shakespeare"-lite, and I still enjoy the first Thor
>>
>>81054534
Thor 1 is average, bordering on pretty good. Thor 2 is the worst MCU movie.
>>
I liked the first one. The second was probably the most mediocre movie I've ever seen. Neither were particularly memorable and definitely represent Marvel's weakest franchise.

Hopefully Ragnarok will be better.
>>
2 probably would've been pretty great if they went with the original concept designs that made it look more like some crazy-ass sci-fi LotR shit.
>>
>>81054620
Yeah, it's a movie me and my bf always snuggle up together and watch

No other marvel movie does the same, maybe antman
>>
>>81054534
Enjoyed the first, the second was pretty meh.

Even though the third is going to be about Ragnarok I'm really hoping for more of an "adventure!" feel that's not too serious.
>>
thought the first was bad, liked the second one
>>
>>81054534
My favorites of the MCU tbqh fampai.
Got me into comics.
>>
File: 1454381272374.jpg (758 KB, 981x3400) Image search: [Google]
1454381272374.jpg
758 KB, 981x3400
>>81054650
KEEP HOPIN
>>
Didn't like Thor 1 when I first saw it, re watched it in anticipation of the Avengers and loved it, super comfy.

Thor 2 was okay, but not nearly as horrible as people are saying.

Then again, I have shit taste because I really liked Iron Man 3, and think that Iron Man 2 is by far the worst MCU movie.
>>
>>81054650
>definitely represent Marvel's weakest franchise

Did you forget about The Incredible Hulk?
>>
>>81054534
Pretty good. Be better if they dropped Jane Foster. I've never liked her in the comics and I don't like her in the movies either.

Loki steals the show, as always.
>>
>>81054650
>The second was probably the most mediocre movie I've ever seen.
See this is why I like the MCU.

Even when it's bad, it's not flagrantly bad...

If the worst thing they make is merely forgettable, then serve me up a ton of that shit.

At worst, I won't remember it.
>>
>>81054534
First one is good

I use the second one as a comparison, whenever a new super hero movie shows up I ask "Is it worse then Thor 2?"
>>
>>81055065
I thought it was pretty flagrantly bad desu. I'd probably hate it as much as Man of Steel if it had fanboys defending it for years on end as a misunderstood masterpiece
>>
>>81055325
At least man of steel had a memorable Villian, if only he said "Kneel before Zod"
>>
>>81055325
naw, see MoS was bad enough that it's badness is permanently etched into my memories.

MoS was bad in a way that actually made me disgusted.

My reaction to Thor 2, on the other hand, was 'meh'
>>
I honestly i think the second ones better then the first if only cause the climax was better
>>
>>81055547
Bad is better then meh,bad at least can provide discussion or a fun drinking game. What can meh do?
>>
>>81054656
that's probably why they suck so much,too much effort to not seem like LOTR since everyone knows nordic myths from it
>>
File: img-21896.jpg (1 MB, 4724x3189) Image search: [Google]
img-21896.jpg
1 MB, 4724x3189
>>81054534
Natalie Portman was pretty hot.
>>
>>81054990
Just because TIH was an underperformance doesn't mean it was bad.
>>
What's sad is I really like the Thor movies. I thought Thor 2, for all its really bullshit mistakes, was pretty fucking rad. It's crazy to think that movies that are thought of low points in a franchise are still pretty great. I can't wait for Ragnorok since I heard rumors its gonna be a buddy cop film with Hulk.
>>
first was okay/ meh

sequel was boring tripe, possibly the worst marvel movie
>>
>>81054534
3/5, pretty okay.
>>
>>81054534
I find Thor's speech patterns too distracting when he's the focus of the movie. Maybe it would work better with a different (northern european) accent?
>>
Not bad but not great, forgettable at most.
>>
>>81054534
Just about anything is better than MCU Thor. The only fanbase the movie has are landwhales and fags.
>>
First one's perfectly okay and inoffensive

TDW is completely dogshit
>>
>>81054534
I loved the first bits of the first, but quickly lost interest when everything went to Earth.

I respected that Dennings kept her Kats covered, but think she would have made a fine femLoki instead
>>
first one is fun
second one had its moments
>>
>>81054990

To this day I have no fucking clue why people thought it was bad.
>>
ruined by Portman

not enough Sif and the Warriors
>>
>>81055382
Yeah, Terrence Stamp really nailed that line. Shame the new guy didn't get a chance to be memorable in his own right, really. That's reboots for ya.
>>
>>81054534
wasted potential, show me the realms
>>
>>81054534
boring.
I got through the first one and it was okay, had some decent parts
I watched the second movie, and nothing, nothing, and even more nothing keeps happening until the fight at the end which I was too tired to care about by that point
>>
>>81054534
Thor 1 is the only Marvel movie I do not hate. Based Kenneth.
>>
It wants to be fantasy, but is weighed down by "MAGIC IS SCIENCE WE DON'T UNDERSTAND YET LOL" and having to fit with the rest of the MCU. As it is, it's just a dumb rom-com for Women to insert themselves into Jane Foster and ogle at Chris Hemsworth's arms, which I admit, are quite mighty.
>>
I don't know if I'm the minority or not who thinks this, but under the right direction Hemsworth could be a really good Thor. I know some people don't like the casting, but I think it wasn't the worst decision they've made.

Hiddleston will always be the best Loki, regardless
>>
>>81054534
First one made me laugh a bunch in theatres.
Second was eh I don't know.
The asgard vs elf stuff was kinda neat I guess.
>>
>>81054534
Probably two of the most generic movies I've ever seen.
>>
>>81055065
>If the worst thing they make is merely forgettable, then serve me up a ton of that shit.
You have horrible standards.
>>
>>81054534
I wish they did not pull an Iron Man and use low tier villains for the sequel. Loki and Destroyer for the first were great. But Maelkith and Kurse are more of an obscure pull.
>>
>>81061159
m-maybe in the third one, anon!
>>
>>81061847
I assumed Malekith was a big deal up until I read the Thor comics.
Fucker dies like 10 issues after he's introduced. And only shows up again twice in the next 30 fucking years.
>>
>>81054534
Could use less Portman.
>>
>>81054534
I want a movie of Thor smashing frost giants
>>
>>81062009
He is basically Thor's Obadiah Stane, some obscure nothing villain that appeared and vanished way back in the early 80's and no one ever cared in the least.

I was hoping for some version of Ulik, Radioactive Man, Ego, Firelord, Enchantress, High Evolutionary, Absorbing Man

I think they are missing out on having some of the bigger threat villains around on Marvel Earth by ignoring the ones made by Loki like Absorbing Man or Wrecker.
>>
didnt like them much
>>
>>81054566
dont hate on BvS until it actually comes out, then be my guest
>>
>>81054534
Disappointed. It looked pretty but I wish they spent less time on earth.
>>
>>81061582
> weighed down by "MAGIC IS SCIENCE WE DON'T UNDERSTAND YET LOL"
Weighed down by that one line Natalie Portman's character says to justify how Thor's existence isn't impossible? Remember the context was just Selvig is saying that the Norse myths couldn't be real, and she's just trying to explain that they kind of are.

Man, I just don't get why people here dwell on how the magic in Thor is supposedly science(which apparently means technology in the posts I see). I'd say the movies are vague about it, but they don't even really address it at all. There's the moment when Thor says how "your ancestors call it magic, you call it science, I come from a place where they're the same", and that's pretty much end of story.
For whatever reason people choose to interpret that line to mean "our magic is basically just technology", when it could just as accurately be "my homeworld is all about magic, we understand the shit out of it like a science". That's if you're just interpreting the line out of context, but really all he said was "Magic? Science? It's all the same to me. Stop asking stupid questions and let's bone."

There isn't evidence that their magic is just tech, but there's plenty of reason to assume that they use magic.
Just off the top of my head:
Loki uses magic. Apparently he gets that from Frigga, no one said he got a gadget to do tricks with, just that it's a skill that he and his mom have.
When the Avengers try to explain how Thor's hammer works, Thor says it's just about being worthy. In the first Thor movie there was never any reason to think that the hammer uses some electromagnetic sensor to read if Thor was still a spoiled brat, it just decided to belong to him when he acted like a hero.
Heimdall sees whatever he wants through the universe or different realms, not with bionic-eyes, but with his eyes.
Thor talks about Yggdrasil... I mean, even if you think that Marvel is afraid to label their magic as "magic", they sure as hell use it.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.