[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is what capeshit films will be like for the next 10 years.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 19
File: tumblr_meme_off.jpg (150 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_meme_off.jpg
150 KB, 1080x720
So this is what capeshit films will be like for the next 10 years. Marvel has been around for too long and stained the minds of the viewers. To them, a superhero film cannot be a superhero film unless its like Marvel.

is there still hope for this world?
>>
Hopefully.
>>
>Not a single Marvel film has flopped financially since their shared universe has started.
>Almost all is between 60-80 RT score

As long as Marvel keeps hitting home runs it will never stop. Not that i personally think is a bad thing. They are consistent unlike fucking DC, Fox or Sony.

Screen cap this. Civil War will have 90+ RT and will surpass 2 billion worldwide.
>>
>>81052944
Stop trying to excuse BvS shittyness on Marvel's success.
>>
>>81052944
Why do people flip a shit over this scene? It makes perfect sense within the context: he was doing something stupid to distract the villain. He flat-out says this.
>>
>>81052944

>Muh dc failed lets blame Marvel
>>
>>81052944
I think if Batman had challenged Doomsday to a dance off, the critics would have loved BvS.
>>
>>81053216
It was the low point for the movie.
In Conquest, shit gets pretty dark and good chunk of people hanging around with Quill die.
>>
File: trashlord.jpg (276 KB, 1919x1038) Image search: [Google]
trashlord.jpg
276 KB, 1919x1038
>>
>THERE'S NO WAY THAT THE MOVIE COULD JUST BE NOT GOOD
>IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE THAT THE DIRECTOR IS A HACK
>NO, IT'S MARVEL'S FAULT! THE PEOPLE'S FAULT! THEY ARE THE ONES IN THE WRONG

Look, the sooner you admit they fucked up the better
>>
Are we just going to forget about Fox? Fox is the only company making capeshit for adults.

Wolverine and First class were patrician as fuck. Days of Future past was also pretty good.

Fantastic Four may have been shit but who cares it's gone now.

Deadpool may be a meme fest but it's fucking deadpool and it was a very entertaining movie.

X-Men movies are the future of serious intellectual capeshit and deadpool is the future of surreal comedy capeshit.
>>
>>81053259
Well, if he did that it WOULD be the most on character thing he did in the entire movie.
>>
>>81053277
Why are you comparing an origin story with Conquest?

>>81053325
>Deadpool may be a meme fest but it's fucking deadpool and it was a very entertaining movie.
It also completely blew the fuck out of every X-movie

>Wolverine
>patrician as fuck
Come on son
>>
You dupes are so quick to believe that the audience is nothing but braying parrots, liking whatever they've seen a lot of recently. You think Man of Steel 2: Electric Boogaloo got bad reviews because it was not bland, energetic old-liners? No, it was shit because it was poorly written. And the second something is well-written and well-made, people will like that. Trends only determine what corporate suits tell their leashed directors what to make.
>>
>>81053343
Considering Conquest is their origin story, I'd say it's a fair comparison
>>
>>81053325
That's pretty funny, anon. I've actually seen people espousing this opinion somewhat seriously, good job.
>>
>>81052944
>It's Marvel's fault that BvS was shit

The only reason you imply this is because you haven't seen it yet.

I know this because I was posting similar things in defense of the movie beofre watching it. Now I can't do that, not even anonymously, because it's bad. Like really, really, really bad. I was willing to overlook Man of Steel's flaws for the overall picture and defended that movie, but I can't defend this turd.
>>
The fact that the singular concept of that it's just possible the movie isn't that good can't even cross your mind astounds me.

You literally have to push your thoughts on somebody else because of your insecurity that they could have just fucked up royal. Maybe this is what happens when you hype something up too much?
>>
>>81053408
Anon, don't! If you give up on it and start thinking logically about stuff, how can there be shitposting and company wars? What does this dark future hold for /co/?
>>
File: 1404296254804435346.png (221 KB, 640x267) Image search: [Google]
1404296254804435346.png
221 KB, 640x267
>>81052944
You mean movies that manage to offer functioning drama and actual connection with the audience? Tragic
>>
File: 1404440595748.png (151 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1404440595748.png
151 KB, 576x432
>GotG was bad because le ebin dance party
>BvS had a literal piss drinking
Fuck off.
>>
>>81053277
>not loving Chris Pratt bullshit

You must be fun at parties
>>
>>81052944
Depends. Fox have been really consistent since X-Men 3 and Origins, where they learned that you can't just rely on big-name characters and shit adaptations by smashing 2 popular stories together (Phoenix saga and Gifted). Hopefully WB learn the same lesson, the scenarios are very similar.
Here's what WB needs to do IMO.
Pick someone to head the DCEU up. They're a massive studio there has to be someone. Their sole job is to ensure that everything fits and runs smoothly.

Fire Snyder. Keep Affleck and the other directors (Ayer, Wan etc).

Make a great movie first. Run through it with Grant Morrison or Geoff Johns to avoid dumb, out of character moments.

Post credit scenes allow you to have setup without ruining the flow of the movie. Consider them.

There is a difference between constant QUIPS and having humour. TDK had jokes between Alfred and Bruce.
>>
DUDE COMPANY WARS LMAO, when will shitposters leave?
>>
>>81053620
People are still defending MoS three years later, I say BvS will go at least to five.
>>
>>81053539
>There is a difference between constant QUIPS and having humour. TDK had jokes between Alfred and Bruce.

It doesn't even have to be that. It could be the most humorless thing in the world, if it's engaging and competently made, audiences are going to like it. Banter alone is not what makes the Marvel movies work. Being handled by people who know and love the source material does. And WB could have had that if they'd listened to Kevin Smith during the 90s, hell, they already do in their TV and Animation departments.
>>
>>81052944
>A character who dresses up in a garish costume to punch criminals says something silly

SHUT IT DOWN!!!
>>
>people being THIS mad at the RT score
Snyder is a bad director. He's never been a mediocre, nevermind a good director. Looking back at his filmography, how can you be surprised at how this movie turned out?

The movie will still make a billion at the box office, the JL movie will still happen, none of that matters to the quality of the movie itself.

Accept that it's bad and move on with your life. Wait for Suicide Squad, JL, and the dozen other movies that will be released over the next ten years.
>>
>>81053317
Read the reviews, it's mostly critics bitching about the movie being self-serious and grimdark.
>>
File: TheKramer.jpg (15 KB, 311x408) Image search: [Google]
TheKramer.jpg
15 KB, 311x408
>>81052944
You don't have to watch these movies if you don't like them. There are plenty of other good movies every year.
If you already think it's all "capeshit", why do you even care at all?
>>
>>81053709
Yes but I want them to do reshoots for Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman to retcon Snyder's movies from existence.
>>
>>81053730
No they're bitching about the movie trying to come off as more poignant than it actually is which leads to it becoming so serious and grimdark it's a joke
>>
>>81053730
nope, they criticize the nonsensical plot, the paper thin characters with flimsy motivations, the excesses in every single sense, the awful editing that makes it feel disjointed, the superfluous most of the cast is.
>>
>>81053767
It's too late for that, man. They might cut out direct references to Snyder's movies and pass them off as standalones, but actual retconning would be too much at this stage.
>>
>>81052944
>unless its like Marvel.
Except GotG has a different tone of other marvel movies.

In fact, in most movies you see a director's take and tone.

Check Captain America 1 and 2 and how different they are.
Now compare say, Captain America 2 to any recent DC comics.

Following your own logic, if "fun movies" are "marvel movies" and only those are allowed to be successful, why did the Green Lantern movie crashed and burned so hard?
>>
>>81053730
Nigga, they're saying that the movie tried too hard in being something that can't be. I mean, if you try to make a movie about 2 damn superheroes, and you start that with Batsy being levitated, Jesus-like, by bats, then it's obvious people will start critizicing the damn movie.

Also, what >>81053804 and >>81053816
said also applies.
>>
DC has an opportunity to make movies with a different tone.

THEY JUST KEEP FUCKING IT UP.

It's not Marvel;'s fault WB is run by morons.
>>
>>81054065
Go away /tv/
>>
Or the movie just isn't good. I know, unthinkable. After all stuff like DoFP faile- oh wait.
>>
>>81053730

You can criticize a superhero movie for being super-serious without meaning "superhero movies should never be super-serious."
>>
>>81054065
>kino
KINO!

>>>81054065
That's not even one of our memes!
>>
>>81054224
this is some piss poor shitposting
>>
>>81052944
there's nothing wrong with a serious comic book movie. DC's problem is they keep making shitty boring serious comic book movies.
>>
I feel like winter soldier causing the Russo's to get flung into the drivers seat of the MCU along with recently getting Ryan Coogler on to direct Black Panther kinda shows they're not just resting on the same formula when it comes to tone.

Though i'm glad they aren't likely to remove all wit entirely from the dialogue and character interactions...as they're based on Marvel Comics. And I don't get why people suddenly have an aversion for superheroes saying the occasional witty remark to one another. I mean people were even complaining about the idea of spider-man doing so in the upcoming Civil War movie.

I mean it's spider-man.
>>
>>81054253
I guess I'm not exactly at the top of my game when I'm baked. Still though I think pisspoor was a little harsh (unless of course piss is like gold for a shitpost)
>>
>>81052944
>is there still hope for this world?

Yes, if people actually go watch BvS and somewhat like it, DC can adjust.

Not at Marvel level ofc.
>>
>>81054464
it's not mang

you could do better
>>
I never watched GoG but I couldnt believe how tight Pratts body was in Jurassic World, his ass is awesome.
>>
the only great, as in 8/10, capeshit movies I have seen, are the Nolan Batman one wit Heath Ledger as joker, and Deadpool.
Marvel has never made a terrible movie, but all their movies are 5/10-7/10
>>
>>81054382
the occasional quip is fine, like in the winter soldier.

the type of quips people complain about is AOU. that was atrocious.
>>
>>81052944
GoTG was a good movie. And I think there's room for superhero movies dissimilar to it.
>>
>>81052944
>It's Marvel's fault that DC movies are disliked
Come on, you're still pushing this crap?
The average moviegoer doesn't even know the difference between Marvel and DC, they don't pay attention to this, it's just another superhero movie to them.
That Batman trilogy completely blows your argument out.
>>
>>81052944
Reminder that TDKR came out after the Avengers, when the MCU was well underway, and was praised by critics for being dark and different from Marvel.
>>
File: my lifes work, completed.jpg (418 KB, 1949x682) Image search: [Google]
my lifes work, completed.jpg
418 KB, 1949x682
>>81054494
Give me your skype bro I want some lessons, I can pay in Amazon gift cards.
>>
>/co/ trying to shit on another good movie
Why can't you people just say you love something that others do instead of trying to nitpick over stupid bullshit all the time?
>>
>>81054674
Oh my god, that took six minutes to write! Oh and batman is not a real character. Everyone knows Goku could kick his ass.
>>
>>81052944

>To them, a superhero film cannot be a superhero film unless its like Marvel.

Now you know how people felt from 2005 - 2012.
>>
>>81054712
A superhero film can only be like Nolan? I remember that phase. Thank you RDJ.
>>
>>81053325
>making capeshit for adults.
lol
>>
>>81054621
Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, the only thing in Age of Ultron that goes over the line is Ultron quipping, all the other quips are fine, if a bit tiresome.
>>
>>81054382
>I mean people were even complaining about the idea of spider-man doing so in the upcoming Civil War movie.
>I mean it's spider-man.

That was shitposting.
>>
>>81054674
go eat some orange slices you fool
>>
>>81052944
Every movie doesnt need to be a light hearted joy ride. It can be serious like how B V S was but it has to be written and paced better
>>
>>81053277
And this isn't Conquest
>>
>>81053135
I doubt it will surpass 2 bill, as a foreigner I can tell you that word of mouth and marketing over here is silent.
No matter what majority of dosh comes from foreign markets and only when shit gets really well marketed over here, like crazy shit that was going on with Star Wars all over the world, only then does movie hit that high.

Sure word of mouth will reach eventually and people will know that it's good, but if there is no hype there won't be initial boost powerful enough to give it sales THAT HIGH.
>>
Dance off was just Quill buying time he didn’t beat Ronan with a dance off

>>81053277
Peter is not there yet in the MCU he needs a couple of tragedies and to make one huge horrible decision before he can be that guy.
>>
>>81055018
Jurassic World and Furious 7 also didn't have crazy huge marketing drives but there they are sitting as respectively fourth and sixth highest grossing movies of all time. I also don't think it will break a billion, but it's not impossible.
>>
>>81055078
Yeah, first he needs to fall in love with his ship in Guardians 2, then in Guardians 3 he needs to become a cyborg, in Guardians 4 when the Kree remove his cyborg parts we can finally get comics Quill.
>>
>>81055018
I don't know where you're from but also foreign and the marketing over here is crazy.
>>
>>81055136
And by Guardians 6 they might finally say Nova's name.
>>
File: 1421830838551.webm (3 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
1421830838551.webm
3 MB, 1280x536
>>81052944
>To them, a superhero film cannot be a superhero film unless its like Marvel.
Oh hey, what's going on in this thread?
>>
>>81055495
And it will be Sam Alexander.
>>
>>81053317
We knew this was coming. Soon this stuff will turn full on hostile and the board will blow up.
>>
>>81053731
>There are plenty of other good movies every year.
Are there? The more money capeshit earns, the less studios invest in anything unlike it.
>>
>>81053216
even ronan falling for it makes sense. hes super fucking melodramatic and quill just ruined his big moment hes been waiting for for years
>>
>>81055539
Marvel comics has no sway over the movies anymore. Granted, Gunn doesn't want to introduce Rich either, but he sure as fuck won't use Sam. If we really get that far into this franchise at all, someone else will be directing anyway and then all bets are off.
>>
File: memeoffbro.gif (2 MB, 500x185) Image search: [Google]
memeoffbro.gif
2 MB, 500x185
>>81052944

Yes.

Just embrace the new paradigm and stop clinging to what never was and never will be.
>>
>>81055597
You say that, but in the last 10 years, only 2012 and 2008's highest grossing movies were superhero stuff.
>>
>>81055717
It's not about which individual movie grossest highest. It's about which genre grosses highest on average, I'd think.
>>
>>81052944
I don't think that's it. Nolan's Batman movies were well-liked. Deadpool was well-liked. The DC TV shows are well liked.

Snyder's movies aren't unpopular (with critics anyway, audiences and studios don't mind them so much) because they're not like Marvel.
>>
>>81054382
>people suddenly have an aversion for superheroes saying the occasional witty remark to one another

Some people take the quip hate too far but I see where they're coming from, its a matter of degree. It can be done well, in a way that it fits the characters and the scene, but there are times when its really stretching just to have a funny moment.

Whedon's had his good and bad moments with this. Like in Avengers when Cap blurts out "I understood that reference," it made perfect sense. It was a funny moment, but Cap himself wasn't BEING funny, he was just genuinely happy that after all this time being lost he finally heard a pop culture reference that was from his time.

On the other hand you have moments like "good talk" in AoU. Yeah its reasonable for Tony to make a quip like that, but when you have a Hydra agent who's just been shot quipping back, that's really a stretch.
>>
>>81055746
You're absolutely right, but saying that there's nothing else being made is an exaggeration, that's my point.
>>
>>81055767
Well of course it's not gonna change overnight, but you can't deny it's happening right now.
>>
>>81053408
You could've started your post with "i'm a huge dcfan" aswell, makes it more believable.
>>
>>81053380
>the audience is nothing but braying parrots, liking whatever they've seen a lot of recently
The TF films make heaps of money everytime the next one is released. So, yeah, I think plebbish audiences out there really don't know any better.
>>
>>81054382
>And I don't get why people suddenly have an aversion for superheroes saying the occasional witty remark to one another.
Because it's not occasional. It's everywhere. Like, they make the quips first and the dialogue second; Whedon works like that, at least.

I hate to do this, but this vid is fairly accurate - this part, especially:

https://youtu.be/GeDJAKvcZ9o?t=4m6s
>>
>>81055767
Sure, but we currently have 2 more studios committing ever further towards capes than in the previous years.
Thinking about this, it's probably less true than I thought.

I mean WB will probably be more cautious about next year, so who knows if they'll release one, none or two movies

and Fox doesn't have anything directly in the pipeline as far as I can tell, either. Because despite a dozen rumours about a dozen different X-movies. None of those seem to really have gone into full production yet.

So this whole thing of "THERE WILL BE TOO MANY CAPES SOON!" may just turn out to be nothing in the end.
>>
I feel like Daredevil and Deadpool will prove that edgy violence works too.
>>
>>81053216
Exactly. It's something stupid. Why did Ronan give him any attention at all?

I don't pay attention to a fly doing barrel rolls in front of my face, I just swat it and get on with what I'm doing.

This goes double for Ronan. This is his moment of triumph and revenge and exquisite destruction that he's waited and schemed for and he's stopping on the way to the culmination of his life and work to...look at a dancing fool.
>>
>>81055675
Jeph Loeb is in charge of their TV department. You can bet your ass that if any Nova does something relevant in those movies, it will be his dead son
>>
>>81052944

You know, I didn't care for GotG's hugfest ending myself but lets not pretend it became the norm.

Ant-Man collapsed the villain from the size of an adult male down to a gory table tennis ball. Age of Ultron had the new Jarvis/Vision AI *execute* Ultron as being unworthy of living in a human world.

GotG was a silly movie so the silly ending wasn't exactly jarring.

How sad is it that butthurt DC fans, a single day away from the release of a combined Superman/Batman film, are spending their time deflecting with "well, well... GotG was a bad movie *too* you guys"
>>
>>81055979
Let's see what Fox's got:

>Deadpool 2 is coming for sure
>There's that announced New Mutants movie >That X-Force movie that was already forgotten but will probably gain new life with Deadpool's success
>Gambit is still teetering on the edge of existence, and it's probably not pulling through
>Apparently after Apocalypse comes Dark Phoenix, again
>Wolverine 3, Jackman still has enough pull to make this one a sure deal
>>
>>81056076
You do remember that right after the goofy dance scene our heroes de-atomized Ronan where he stood after calling him a bitch, don't you?
>>
>>81053277
>shit gets pretty dark

Aww, was the comic book movie not dark and gritty and super serious enough for you?
>>
>>81053135

It might have a high RT score but I don't see Civil War pulling in 2bil.

Winter Soldier made 715mil.
Age of Ultron made 1405mil.
Iron Man 3 made 1215mil.

I'm expecting roughly IM3 numbers, personally. It might end up matching AoE if not slightly surpassing it but I'd guess that at the high-end of likely scenarios, i don't see any chance of it making Avengers1 money.

As for BvS, I'm guessing 700-1000mil. I don't see it getting very much past the 1bil mark and it'll struggle to reach it at all. Not going to be much in the way of repeat viewings IMO but darn near everyone is going to see it once.
>>
File: 1423250596906.png (184 KB, 639x270) Image search: [Google]
1423250596906.png
184 KB, 639x270
>>81056068
>Jeph Loeb is in charge of their TV department.
The TV department, the comics and the video games are still all under Perlmutter.

The movies are completely removed from that entire hirarchy now and answer directly to Disney.
Loeb has 0 say in anything movie related, neither does Bendis, Quesada or fucking any other comics person you might suspect for ruining the movies.

This is also the main reason why it is staggeringly unlikely that the TV shows, especially Agents of Shield will ever be acknowledged by the movies in any way.
>>
>>81056177
I wanted DnA Guardians. Not Bendis
>>
File: crazy.gif (77 KB, 352x198) Image search: [Google]
crazy.gif
77 KB, 352x198
>>81052944

>He seriously thinks this is why critics don't like Zack Snyder's wild ride
>>
>>81052944
Did you not watch the first ten minutes of the film?
>>
File: 1416110787751.webm (2 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
1416110787751.webm
2 MB, 1280x536
>>81056283
Don't insult Gunn like this. His movie is closer to real cosmic Marvel, than Bendis shit ever was.
>>
>>81056124
I honestly loved that climax except for the bitch part. It sounded like something fucking jack black would say added to take a bit of the campy edge off the use of the super hero name. he honestly should have just said 'were the guardians of the galaxy'.
>>
>>81054712
>Now you know how people felt from 2005 - 2012.
The "unless it's dark and brooding like NolanBats, it sucks" period?
>>
>>81056337
You can see way more similarities with Bendis's version even before he movie came out.
>>
>>81052944
my god, how anally devastated do you even have to be to make a thread like this?
face it, man, BvS sucks, DC and Warner should try again with someone other than that hack Snyder
>>
>>81053216
Autism.
Like you said they even literally explain the purpose of the scene. I guess that since that explanation didn't come after the fact in the form of a "why my terrible movie is actually brilliant" youtube channel it's not enough for snyderfags.
>>
>>81056093
The only two actually confirmed for real are Wolverine 3 and Deadpool 2 though. However I do see X-Force coming
>>
>>81056418

There's a reason for that. It's because Bendis is, by his own admission, just writing shitty Movie Guardians fanfiction. Holding that against Gunn is like blaming Yuji Naka for Chris-Chan.
>>
>>81056418
>>81056283
Bendis is the one who is copying the movies, not the other way around. The reason the comics went to shit is because the movie was pretty good and got popular so Bendis just copied what works. Also because he has a boner for Kitty
>>
>>81053730
For the record you should realize that that "serious" and "self serious" have different connotations.

For example "serious" is someone giving their honest opinion here on this board. "Self serious" is a tripfag braying about how much smarter they are than everyone because they watched a documentary once.

You can be serious without being a pompous asshat.
>>
>>81056418
He's a fucking Marvel employee. He knew what the movie was going to be like before it came out, and tried to copy that. Poorly, I might add.
>>
>>81052944
The delicious butthurt.
>>
>>81056283
Gunn hates Bendis's books. He made Pratt stop reading them and handed him DnA.
>>
>>81056418
And theres a reason for that. He got an early script and desperately wanted to be a part of the movie, so he started making things in his book look more movie like. Inexplicably changing knowhere from a celestials head to notTattooin and giving everyone mass effect outfits. He literally straight up said that was the only reason why he took on guardians of the galaxy, was because he wanted to be a part of the movie and thought he could add and change stuff.
>>
OP is right, critics are sucking Marvel dark harder than I initially thought they would.
>too serious
>too dark
>too not muh marvel
One critic even said it'll please dc fans, but everyone else might as well wait for the next Marvel film.

Not saying the critics mean anything, but jesus is it really possible to suck THAT much dick?
>>
>>81056611
The movie was still nothing like DnA's version.
>>
>>81056012
>I don't pay attention to a fly doing barrel rolls in front of my face, I just swat it and get on with what I'm doing.
So you don't pay attention, just stop what you're doing to destroy it, and then you go back to what you were doing?
Anon that's called paying attention to something.
>>
>>81056637
Are they sucking Marvel dark to make their movies even lighter?
>>
>>81056675
>nothing like DnA's version.
They took a lot of liberties, but the movie was still far more closer to it than what bendis shat out.
>>
>>81056611
To be fair, he wanted no one to read anything, and only let Pratt read DnA because he was insistent on it.
>>
>>81056637
It's not really about how serious it is. It's about how well it's handled. DC/WB tried a lighthearted superhero movie with Green Lantern and failed miserably at that too.
>>
>>81056012
Let's say you're about to win a race against the man you hate most in the world. You're kicking his fucking ass, and when you're almost at the finish line, he takes off all his clothes, shoves a dildo up his ass, and starts chanting to the gods.

I think it's very rational to stop and be like "dude what the fuck is wrong with you what is this"

ESPECIALLY if he's all the way at the start and has no hope of winning. (Ronan was very arrogant.)
>>
>>81056738
>its not about how serious it is
literally 95% of all the reviews you will read on Rotten Tomatoes complains about how serious it is

Green Lantern was just shit all around.
>>
>>81056738
this is why i won't go see BvS in theaters. My dumbass paid to see GL despite the reviews.
>>
>>81056719
I've read both versions. Movie is far closer to what Bendis does, even before issue 18.
>>
>>81052944
Idiot. Everyone loves Daredevil and that has literally nothing in common thematically, tonally, or visually to the Marvel movies.

BvS got shit reviews because it's written poorly. That has nothing to do with Marvel.
>>
>>81056789
If it was serious, but actually good, no one would complain. People love the Nolan batman movies. Trying to be serious and failing at it ends in disaster.
>>
File: fox.jpg (82 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
fox.jpg
82 KB, 1920x800
EVEN NOW, THERE IS HOPE FOR CAPES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRmoy6bHUX4
>>
>>81056797

I feel your pain - I went to a midnight release of GL despite the reviews. The second the movie opened with an infodump I knew I was in trouble. Never making that mistake again.
>>
>>81056847
Also how could I forget the Dark Knight trilogy which is the most critically acclaimed superhero trilogy of all time? It's both dark, AND DC.

People want GOOD movies. BvS is not that.
>>
>>81052944

If the DC fans spent half the energy pushing studios to make decent films about their favorite superheroes like they do pissing and crying about Marvel movies, they probably already have some good DC movies to watch.
>>
Marvel's gonna double down on the quips.

The chance of 'OOPS!' becoming real is very strong now.
>>
they have no logistics. what made the MCU work was them plotting the team-up little by little. By the time the avengers was shown in theaters, we already know enough about Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America and Thor. It was simply a matter of them meeting up.

DC failed because they had no build up and rushed into the film. Never mind the director or writer, that's the least of their problems. It was simply because the build up was insufficient.

c'mon putting TDKR and Death of Superman in one movie!? Who in the right mind does that!? then we factor in cameos that nobody cares about.

Ultimately their failure is the fact that they didn't actually understand how to do it; or simply their pride; that they must not use the same method that Marvel did.
>>
>>81056898

What the hell is going on with Warner Bros? It shouldn't be possible to make this many obvious mistakes. Are they just trying to sabotage themselves or what?
>>
>>81053325
>Fox is the only company making capeshit for adults.

Kids really think this.
>>
File: lex-luthor-1988.jpg (101 KB, 719x555) Image search: [Google]
lex-luthor-1988.jpg
101 KB, 719x555
>>81052944
>damage control
>shifting the blame
>pretending a movie is smart because it'a serious
>Detective Cucks Extremely Unsettled

Seriously though you can do serious, just have some fucking competence doing it, don't pretend making it serious automatically makes it good.
>>
>>81056968
Big blockbusters are a breeding ground for corporate stooges who think they know better than everyone and know how the money should be spent.

I cannot think of a single film in all of cinema history where their interference actually improved anything.
>>
>>81056994
This. Why didn't they offer the moon to Nolan? He was successful in getting Batman good again.

And really DC fans, you're complaining about funny as kek movies, when you have a stinker called Batman and Robin
>>
I don't think so.
>>
File: out fucknig skilled.jpg (56 KB, 1000x514) Image search: [Google]
out fucknig skilled.jpg
56 KB, 1000x514
>>81056983
Kids are smart.
>>
>>81056261

>Thousand million
>>
>>81057056
Nolan isn't a good fit for the more outlandish heroes like Superman, imo.

Howevver, I will never understand why they didn't just let Bruce Timm be the Kevin Feige of DC. Instead they let... Snyder?
>>
>>81056968

My guess is the fact that the DCEU is under the umbrella of a much larger studio, and therefore subject to more executive meddling.

Also, choosing Zack Snyder as the oversight to the entire project - he knows how to make beautiful trailers, but his storytelling and characterization is a horrible blend of superficial cool and misguided attempts to be meaningful. He lacks the capacity to understand what makes a character popular, and instead bangs on about how important they're supposed to be in the dialogue. It's the very epitome of "show, don't tell".
>>
>>81057107
>why they didn't just let Bruce Timm be the Kevin Feige of DC
this was their biggest mistake. Feige is arguably the sole reason for MCU's success. Ant man proved the director is basically a non-factor in production.
>>
>>81057107
There's something seriously wrong with how WB manages their cape IPs when you hear this
https://youtu.be/Wo2KB1dEDdk

They just don't have a clue.
>>
>>81057063
>*Tips fedora*
>>
>>81057236
>Ant man proved the director is basically a non-factor in production.
Apparently Reed brought some stuff to it, but the project certainly ended up feeling soulless by having such an unfocused vision.
And it's certainly not "a non-factor in production". If Ant-Man had been made earlier and by Wright as scheduled, it's possible Scott would have been an Avenger earlier and Pym would have at least participated in creating Ultron.
>>
>>81053457
I lost my dad to cancer about two years ago, and bought GOTG for my girlfriend when it came out on blu ray. Bawled my fucking eyes out at that opening scene the first time I saw it. I guarantee you nothing in BvS will register with the experience of losing someone close to you.

Batman lost his father, and that's sad, but he lost him to a violent crime, which isn't something most people experience.
>>
>>81056929
>Marvel's gonna double down on the quips.
If they were gonna do that, they wouldn't have gotten rid of Whedon

I think what they're going to double down on is the Russo's and Gunn respective styles of moviemaking
>>
>>81052944
>butthurt Zack Snyder
>>
>>81057385
non-factor may be an over-exaggeration, but the MCU has shown it's not married to any one director. Whedon is the closest to Snyder in that regard and he's gone now.
>>
>>81057400

I took my mom to see it in the theater, and she has lost her mother to cervical cancer about 8 months prior. I felt like garbage when I saw her dabbing her eyes at the opening scene, but after the movie she told me she loved it and her favorite character was Rocket.

Say what you want about the quips, but general audiences genuinely like and connect with the MCU characters. It's why they're successful.
>>
>>81052944
>Waaah why do dc flicks suck ass
>>
File: pakent.jpg (16 KB, 586x268) Image search: [Google]
pakent.jpg
16 KB, 586x268
>>81057649
BUT I LET THE HORSES DROWN! DON'T YOU GET IT, ARE YOU STUPID!? DOESN'T IT MAKE YOU SAD?
>>
File: 1458754160978.jpg (96 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
1458754160978.jpg
96 KB, 800x437
>>81052944
>Movies have to be loldark and lolserious to be good!
>>
>>81052944
>what is Daredevil and the Netflix MCU
>>
>>81053277
>It was the low point for the movie.

No the low point was Gamora being in any danger at all in the prison and not just ripping those guys in half
>>
>>81056847
Everything about your post is logical, but literally almost all of the reviews are 'it's too dark'. I had to search to find any that addressed the writing, pacing, and editing issues beyond a single sentence.

Also, Daredevil is Netflix, not a major motion picture release.
>>
>>81057635
Ah, fair enough.
>>
>>81052944
I really hope Guardians 2 doesn't get choked too hard by Disney corporate cock, it's the only upcoming MCU film i'm looking forward to at this point
>>
>>81056637
Your probly hogging all of the dc cocks to share, seriously you faggots wouldn't care if they were all in dc. except there not so your butt hurt and keep saying >hurr critics don't understand muh edgy dc, there probably marvel fags.
>>
File: Zack-Snyder--420-420x0.jpg (46 KB, 420x454) Image search: [Google]
Zack-Snyder--420-420x0.jpg
46 KB, 420x454
this guy just fucked you guys so hard
>>
>>81054944
Brutal
>>
>>81057999
>>hurr critics don't understand muh edgy dc, there probably marvel fags.
Reverse butflag
>>
>>81052944
It'll change eventually. We had 10 years of cape movies that aped the Burton Batman formula until X-Men.
>>
>>81054002
>WB please copy marvel
but why would they want a different tone? i like grimdark, its different from the mememovies marvel produces, good for a change.
>>
Good.
>>
>>81057989
Of all the upcoming projects, the one I am least worried about is GOTG2. I guarantee you the board meeting for that sequel was "Gunn, you keep doing what you're doing"
>>
>>81057956
What you are doing is taking the negative reviews, and trimming one element out of them and focusing on that as if it is in and of itself the only criticism.

I mean for all the shit we give it look at the critical reception the dark knight rises got amidst the height of MCU lighthearted domination.

The logic of 'it's too dark' doesnt hold up if other movies that are also dark don't also get the same shit. Logic would dictate it's something else. I would suggest rereading some of those reviews and look pass what you just assume is their only point at the other actual points they make.
>>
>>81057989
Chances are high it will.
>>
>>81058098
>WB please copy marvel
Except that's not what he said.
>>
>>81057956
This is why I can't help but feel the Marvel tone is what critics wanted or expected. There's literally no cohesion to what the bad reviews are saying. Many are even contradictory. Some say theres no story, some say its too much; some say Wonder Woman was great, others say she was wooden.

The only real consistency I see is that Batfleck was relatively good.
>>
>>81054479
>if people actually go watch BvS and somewhat like it, DC can adjust.
No, Marvel has fewer problems. It's easier to fix a broken window than to replace a whole wall.
>>
>>81053216
Cause it's lame.
>>
>>81058098
A different tone is great, but irrlevant when botched so poorly
>>
>>81058181
That's the problem with being a critic of something that's ultimately subjective. While one might really like Wonder Woman's character, others might not be able to look past her acting, while some think the movie is bloated, others might think it had nothing to say. It's all valid criticism in different ways, really.
>>
>>81057956
Did you ever stop to think that its to dark in a bad way

To the point of parody
>>
File: Batdance.gif (953 KB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
Batdance.gif
953 KB, 300x223
>>81053259
True
>>
>>81058378
Who would win a dance-off between Adam West Batman and Meme-Lord? They meet on neutral ground, no prep time, doing the robot is banned.
>>
>>81058471
adam west batman was all about the old comic-like fun, GotG is a shitty blockbuster with a bunch of weak jokes and shit they knew idiots on the internet would like. there's no comparison.
>>
>>81058098
But Anon, Marvel movies are good. There's no accounting for taste, but when they are all received well by critics and audiences you have to admit they're good. Otherwise you're just a contrarian, pretentious asshole.
>>
>>81053502
>movie
I don't see how that's a party.
>>
>>81053216
why would ronan, a guy ready to destroy a planet, even care that he was dancing

that was the worst part about it

it was a joke that served as the resolution

fuck you marveldrone
>>
>>81052944
>If I keep saying it's a meme maybe it will actually be a MEME!!!!

OP is literal faggot.
>>
>>81058578
I don't see how that has anything to do with rhythmic prowess.
>>
>>81058578
Wow, for a guy that like Adam West Batman you sure are cynical. Or maybe you're just on the /tv/ MCU hate bandwagon with all the other edgy 12 year olds
>>
>>81058181
>There's literally no cohesion to what the bad reviews are saying.
Pretty much all of the serious ones (from established news sources and not some guy's blog), positive or negative, point out the plot being messy or even nonsensical aat points.
>>
It's almost like Deadpool or DOFP didn't come out recently to rave reviews and box office returns and that it could just be that BvS isn't really good
>>
File: 1.jpg (44 KB, 451x392) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
44 KB, 451x392
>>81052944
You gonna cry again?
>>
>>81058654
It isn't that he cared, it is that he was confused. It was something outlandish and unexpected coming from the guy who just blew his fucking spacecraft out of the sky.

'Why does any villain not just instantly do the most lethal thing to the hero as soon as they get the chance'
Because fiction and drama are not designed to be soley at the beck and call of cold logic and most normal people can wrap their minds around that.
>>
>>81053216
Because as much sense as it makes, it completely undercuts the mood of the scene and Ronan as a villain. A man with almost infinite power is about to end the world and we really had to stop all the tension for a joke featuring a fucking dance off.

I thought it was funny at first too, but the more I thought about it the dumber it was.
>>
>>81053730
No. You know how people say something insists upon itself? BvS is exactly what they mean. "Look at how serious and meaningful this film is!" without showing why it's serious and meaningful to the point that it's unintentionally goofy.
>>
People that haven't even seen BvS are throwing around shit like it's going out of style. What the fuck?
>>
>>81052944
>People are still bothered by this scene to this day
how in the fuck
The entire movie portrays Ronan as an overly dramatic "I want to be the center of attention" brat and Quill as a trickster who's good at last second bullshit.
Then here comes the part where Ronan gets his moment of glory, when all of Xandar should be despairing over the terrible thing he's about to do, and here's some fucker who just plain starts dancing. It makes perfect sense in the context of the movie.
>>
>>81052944
I liked GotG but fuck this scene.
>>
>>81059385
Exactly, Ronan was in the middle of is evil over the top farewell of all that is order and shit and suddently some ass is just dancing it off instead of cowering in fear like is expected... And then a histeric talking rat fucking cusses him off and shoots him.
>>
>>81052944
No That is why I'mm creating a new one

Spiral staircase
Rhinoceros beetle
Ruins street
Fig tart
Rhinoceros beetle
Via dolorosa
Rhinoceros beetle
Singularity point
Giotto
Angel
Hydrangea
Rhinoceros beetle
Singularity point
Secret emperor
>>
>>81053289

Holy shit, Pratt can actually not look like trailer trash?
>>
>>81057940

That was pretty fucking bad.
>>
>>81057940
Exactly. Gamora was shit in the movie. All that wasted potential.
>>
>>81061090
C-MOON

ARE WE
>>
The funny thing is marvel based there new gotg series on the movie instead of the movie being based on series.
>>
>>81053920
>GotG has a different tone than other marvel movies

not really. I liked the movie and all but its clear that Gunn was just a puppet for the Marvel Movie Factory.
>>
>>81058639
>good

they are bland flicks and get "good reviews" in that they are competently made (unlike BvS).
RT score doesn't mean its good...it just means it enough people didn't think it was awful.
In no meaningful sense are they "good" films.
>>
>>81059385
>ronan
>a character

not really. The plot of the film was totally secondary to the characters. The ending didn't "fit" it just didn't matter because the entire plot of the film didn't matter.
Might as well end it with a silly joke
>>
>>81055086
Jurassic World has muh nostalgia.
F7 had the death of one of the actors.
>>
>>81057940
I always read it as Gamora being much younger than comics!Gamora and having no confidence in herself. The same way as how younger Quill isn't carrying around a metric ton of survivor's guilt, Gamora hasn't earned herself the title of Galaxy's Deadliest Woman.
>>
>>81053325
They make capeshit for teens, and hipsters. Also memesters can't get enough of them good or bad.
>>
>>81058753
/v/ermin memes go and stay go.
>>
>>81068431
Yeah its one thing i hope the sequel addresses. These guys arent like the crew of the millenium falcon. Theyre fucking ridiculous for the most part. Rocket and groot i thought were handled alright in that regard, and even quill in some respects (though id love to see more zipping around on rockets and use of his guns) but drax and gamora could really use a boost. I mean drax from what i recall is supposed to be a beast physically and in this he just seemed like a relatively strong guy with some knives. Gamora likewise is supposed to be some kind of crazy fucking space ninja. From what i recall these folks would normally tear up most regular earthbound cape types in a fight.

Really id like to see cosmic marvel in the movies get a little more 'cosmic'. Some real nova shit, have thanos do something, motherfuckers shooting crazy shit out of their faces and hands. Sure you cant have silver surfer (goddamn crime) but why not some Quasar and adam warlock.

good god i would fucking love to see adam warlock.
>>
>>81052944
yes get Disney to buy dc and merge it with marvel its not like warner bros makes much money with their movies and shows
>>
>>81053259
Would had been a great BatB episode.
>>
>Star Lord hatches plan to distract and piss off an autist
>Plan works so well it distracts and pisses off real life autists over a year later
>>
>>81072454
POETRY
>>
>>81053135
Fox has been good lately. X-Men didn't have a properly bad movie since X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and even this was salvaged with Wolverine which was well received. First Class and Days Of Future Past were hits too, so was Deadpool, so will be Age of Apocalypse.

Let's be honest, your argument posists something absurd - in age where "superhero movie" can mean everything from Guardians of the Galaxy, through The Dark Knight to Kick-Ass, you claim there is some sort of "bias" - which is bullshit. Even TDKR had good reviews and made a billion $, even though fans were disappointed. Man of Steel was a financial success and had mixed reviews - despite being very controversial.

The only DC bias exists in your head. People are just mad this movie doesn't fix the problem Man of Steel had - it makes them worse. I am pretty certain that Suicide Squad will most likely be a success, because it has good cast and a good director.
Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.