[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Batman RIP.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 1280x534
Red Batman RIP.
>>
>>81048569
He ruined two super hero movies.
>>
Reminder:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ben-affleck-says-dc-movies-are-more-mythic-and-less-glib-than-marvel-movies-20150706

>Not just content to understand that DC and Marvel movies are different, there are certain fans who debate the merits of one blockbuster brand being better than another. And that means actors, directors, and executives also have to make the case for their projects as they get drawn into the conversation, when we should really just be thankful that Hollywood is at least trying make the onslaught of comic book movies to come at least have a little variety. Regardless, Ben Affleck, a.k.a. Batman, is the latest to add his voice to what makes DC movies standout from the Marvel-verse, and it will undoubtedly spark more heated talk.

>“It is more mythic, it is more grand in that way, and it is a little more realistic,” he told EW (print edition). “Just by their nature, these films can’t be as funny or as quick or as glib as Marvel movies.”
>>
I legitimately feel bad for Affleck

From what I hear, he's the one consistently praised thing about the thing
>>
So - will they keep chugging forward with the plans they layed out or will they scrap it all AGAIN and start over?
>>
>>81048608
Affleck killed it in his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman though.

Snyder and Goyer ruined BVS not having the story focus on it's own narrative.
That's not to say it's a bad film but rather okay.
>>
>>81048750
>>“It is more mythic, it is more grand in that way, and it is a little more realistic,” he told EW (print edition). “Just by their nature, these films can’t be as funny or as quick or as glib as Marvel movies.”

And the critics hated it.
The movie dared to be something else, something more than just a popcorn film and was punished.

It will be a cult favorite.
>>
>>81049328
Just go back to Mars, /co/ can't bother you there
>>
If DC were smart to let someone like Nolan handle the DCU and keep Goyer and Synder far, far away, there would be no problem.
>>
>>81049109
They basically said that BvS has to make a billion for plans to not fall though.
>>
>>81049363
No, the problem is that the movie promised to be something other more than a popcorn film, but turns out it's just another popcorn film with religious references and a more serious tone.
>>
>>81049390
Nolan couldn't even finish out the trilogy in a satisfying way, he'd fuck up the DCU in no time.
>>
>>81049450
He would, but because he only wanted to do two movies.
You may question the quality of his films, but he's a creative, he likes doing different things and when you force him to do something he doesn't want to, he'll do a half-assed job.
>>
>>81049390
Nolan was never happier than when he was no longer obligated to translate Goyer-drivel onto the silver screen. He would never ever helm the doomed DCCU and it's clusterfuck of executive meddling.
>>
>>81049363
Except Deadpool was praised for not being made by Disney and parting with MCU convention (In its case by being R-rated and parodying superhero cliches)
And Age of Ultron was also pretty unanimously criticized for jamming its own story with advertisements for upcoming sequels and spin-offs
>>
>>81049450
as far as concluding his Batman, I felt the 'look up and see you at a table across from me, having started a new life, we share no words and never meet again' was an exceptional finish for the incarnation.
>>
>>81049363
>The movie dared to be something else

I don't give a fuck what it dared to do, I care about what it did.

The movie failed as a popcorn movie and it failed as something deeper.
>>
>>81049430
>but turns out it's just another popcorn film with religious references and a more serious tone.
And why the fuck are these mutually exclusive?
>>
>>81049533
Where did he say that?
>>
>>81049494
Deadpool was praised because it was funny and an entertaining movie taking shots at the Superhero movie genre without being idiotic about it.
>>
>>81049494
Deadpool was a comedy.
>>
>>81049510
Having the vigilante hero abandon his vigilantism and run off to Europe to fuck a criminal works decently for characters that are definitely not Batman.
>>
>>81048569
Daredevil was legit awesome though; just remember to watch the directors cut.
>>
>>81049623
WAKE ME UP
>>
>expecting anything good from Snyder
He managed to fuck up Watchmen into generic capeshit, and MoS was terrible- did you really expect this to be good outside of feverdreams?
>>
>>81048569
I feel like everyone on set was thinking they were making a great film, and when you view each scene individually they are all solid. But then when they edit the scnenes together it just fell apart.
>>
>>81049574
Is it possible the bad word of mouth could take it below Deadpool's opening weekend (130M)? Last I saw the tracking was around 160M.
>>
>>81049602
Huntress' origin is literally Batman getting old, retiring, and fucking Catwoman.
>>
>>81049788
So many tickets were pre-sold I doubt word of mouth will affect the opening weekend significantly
>>
>>81049753
No anon, you just don't understand Snyder's deep vision.

Have you ever watched an interview with him? Notice the depths of insight he offers into the coolness of the various shots. Clearly this is a man of deep artistic understanding.
>>
>>81049602
Bale Batman succeeded at his original goal of inspiring Gotham. If he had continued to be Batman, then he would be a failure.
>>
>>81049623
No it wasn't. It wasn't as bad as that rating makes it out to be, bullseye and kingpin were good. But garner fucked up Elektra and by extension daredevil.
>>
>>81049363

>The movie dared to be something else, something more than just a popcorn film and was punished.

Why, it's almost as if the film's problems have less to do with "ZOMG DC IS DIFFERENT" and more to do with storytelling principles and filmmaking technique.

But that can't be it, right? People dislike/hate it because it's "too serious" or "too dark", right?
>>
>>81048750
>everyone who recognizes my movie as the steaming pile of shit it is is just a marvel fanboy trying to start console wars
yeah whatever, i like both marvel and dc and i loved man of steel but batman vs superman was destined to be shit from the start
>>
So I've been thinking about the state of the DCEU now and I honestly believe that Suicide Squad will be the one that's received very well.

My question is, should DC focus more on some of their unknown properties? The general audience really seems to dig these type of teams/characters that are not as known to the public. I mean shit, we live in a reality where an Iron Man movie makes more money than a Spiderman one, Guardians is more succesful than a Superman movie, Deadpool is a huge success and Ant-Man makes 500+ million at the box office. Maybe people do want more "out there" properties in superhero movies and DC could take advantage of that. It's telling when there's more hype for a movie named Suicide Squad than for one named Batman v Superman (pretty sure the former beat the latter in trailer views).
>>
So are people panning it just because they want to? Also
>taking Rotten Tomatoes seriously
>>
>>81050110
>and more to do with storytelling principles and filmmaking technique.

Probably, sadly that's not the focus of most reviews. And how is fair to give a TV SHOW like the avengers a good review when on a tech level is terrible?
>>
>>81050137

>My question is, should DC focus more on some of their unknown properties?

At this point? Couldn't hurt.
>>
>>81048569
Official thread theme https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RBbD5SCND3M
>>
>>81050159
Well, most people shitting on the movie here havent seen it.
>>
>>81050137
I want a Ray movie. Or like, uncle Sam ww2 stuff.
>>
>>81050160

>sadly that's not the focus of most reviews

Of the reviews I've read, all of them call out the film for its self-serious tone, the haphazard narrative flow in the first half of the film, the crapheap of CGI that is Doomsday, and the lack of clear motivations for the actions of Batman and Lex Luthor. Of those issues, only one can be attributed to "DC trying something different than Marvel" (the tone).
>>
>>81050201
Neither have most of the people defending it.
>>
>>81050201
I don't think the people who are defending it's flaws have seen it either. All anybody is doing is quoting other people's reviews
>>
>>81050273

And at this point, who you quote depends on who you read/trust. But when so many different reviewers talk about the same things - or when reviewers mention factual details about what's in the film - you can assume some things are "facts" without having seen the film.
>>
>>81050319
Like piss?
>>
>>81050560

Yes, like piss.
>>
File: 897.jpg (31 KB, 429x420) Image search: [Google]
897.jpg
31 KB, 429x420
>>
File: Crying_fagget.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Crying_fagget.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
>>81050606
>>
>>81050606
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>81050606
I still can't believe how bad the situation is
And the most interesting part? Such a low score means even people that liked MoS didn't like BvS
>>
File: 1379290343552.jpg (130 KB, 719x720) Image search: [Google]
1379290343552.jpg
130 KB, 719x720
Could someone photoshop Batman vs Superman into this image?

The scene with all three (Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman) would be nice.
>>
>>81048769
Some critics made fun of his performance. Apparently he's stiff, although I think that's the point.
>>
File: batmans.png (101 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
batmans.png
101 KB, 1600x900
It's worst than Batman Forever
>>
>>81049406
It probably will.
>>
>>81050678
Just look at IGN.

MoS got a 9.0
>>
File: wb meeting.jpg (51 KB, 548x398) Image search: [Google]
wb meeting.jpg
51 KB, 548x398
>>
>>81049513
This.

>George Lucas: "At least I did something DIFFERENT with the prequels!"

It doesn't matter if you did something different if it's shit. I could film myself drinking whiskey until I vomit and call it Iron Man 4 and it'd be "different", but that wouldn't change the fact that no one wants to see that.
>>
>>81050735
Batman forever was fun
>>
>>81050761
I-I can make good movie...
>>
Honestly because of all this backlash I'm getting a feeling that /tv/ and /co/ will end up loving it
>>
>>81050795

>It doesn't matter if you did something different if it's shit.

And it's not as if there isn't room for a "serious" superhero film. Too bad "serious" tends to get equated with "grimdark" and we get shit like MoS and BvS as a result.
>>
>>81049623
No thanks, I'd rather just watch the show intstead.
>>
>>81049363
>The movie dared to be something else
No, Deadpool dared to be something else. And actually succeeded at it

This movie dared to be Snyder's vision which, as we all know, can only be right
>>
>>81050834
Just like how we liked Fant4stic?
>>
>>81050853
Bloody hell I'd forgotten about that. That's different though, I really don't think this is as bad as critics are making out. There's truly shitty movies that have over 37%, they'd have to try extra hard to make literally Batman vs Superman that shit. Heck, even the trailer material looked like enough to warrant over 37. The Room has over 37%
I guess I actually do sort of expect the "reviwers just didn't GET it"

Not even defence force, I don't care much for the movie
>>
>>81050735
I'm guessing The Dark Knight Rises isn't much higher than BvS. Critics trashed that one.
>>
>>81050916
>I really don't think this is as bad as critics are making out
Me neither but I don't think it's going to be very good either
>>
When's the reboot coming!?
>>
File: LOW9WGO.jpg (788 KB, 800x1115) Image search: [Google]
LOW9WGO.jpg
788 KB, 800x1115
Update your shit dog. 32% all/29% top now.
>>
>>81050955
Dark Knight Rises has 87% (and a 90% audience)
>>
>>81049450
TDKR was shit because Warner pushed him to finish the trilogy sooner so they could build their universe
>>
File: 1454358158654.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1454358158654.gif
2 MB, 360x270
"we are not making super hero movies for comic fans, we want a real audience"
lol, how is that clever decision going on for you, eh, hollywood?
>>
Now, I'm not a big superhero guy but was this really surprising? I've seen Man of Steel a few years ago and it was easily one of the least entertaining movies I ever saw. Not one of the worst, objectively speaking, but utterly unengaging. It took itself painfully seriously without having anything substantial to say whatsoever.

Batman vs. Superman seems to be basically the same thing.
>>
>>81051100
>Now, I'm not a big superhero guy but was this really surprising?
Well considering how this was being touted by the people making it, sort of
>>
File: lv5opiAOB01r5rtd3o1_500.jpg (153 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
lv5opiAOB01r5rtd3o1_500.jpg
153 KB, 500x281
>>81051100
not casting John Schneider as pa kent was the worst decision, also making him an unlikable cunt was a bad decision, well, the movie was full of bad decisions but this one really bothered me
>>
>>81048750
>>81049363
>boo hoo nasty critics can't take muh DEEP Superman v Batman

Critics didn't lambast it because it was different, they lambasted it because it was shit. You think critics can almost unanimously applaud stuff like Birdman and Ex Machina (or, fuck, Deadpool) for being fresh and daring, but are somehow unable to 'get' the meaningless drivel that was Batman v Superman?

It wasn't deep, it was pretentious. It wasn't mythic, it was bloated. It wasn't grand, it was cumbersome. Just like MoS, it tried to be deep in the shallowest way possible - by having lots of extremely blatant religious imagery everywhere that ultimately meat nothing and added nothing because there was no real fucking message, meaning, or character work going on behind them. All the fucking bloom and baroque bullshit in the world cannot fix a film that is poorly paced, artificially written (shit literally just happens for no reason, other than to provide another image ripped from classical culture. Every other scene breaks immersion), and features zero relatable or even properly developed characters.

Literally the only good things about this film were one fight scene and Affleck being a surprisingly good actor.
>>
>>81051100
It's surprising for the delusional company loyalists that forced themselves into believing MoS was good.
>>
I'll be honest.
If I was told to pick out some movies that are the pinnacle of comic book movies for the two studios.

It would still fucking be Batman Begins and Iron Man.

They both got the tone, visuals, writing, and everything right for how the two companies worked their stories, at least to me.
>>
>>81049363
>The movie dared to be something else, something more than just a popcorn film and was punished
It did but it did it so wrong were other have suceeded

And you know i pin this all on

The same guy that soiled Watchmen
>>
>>81049510
The ending shot should have been on Alfred. Cutting to Bruce was so stupid.
>>
>>81048569
Ben Affleck killed it in is interpretation of The Punisher.

I kinda don't like that he's rich in this movie tho.
>>
I'm seeing it in about 3 hours and i'll make up my own mind about the films thank you very much.

Let me give you a couple of examples of blockbuster film reviews and how they bit us all in the ass.

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
>78%
IRON MAN 2
>72%
IRON MAN 3
>79%
THOR 2 THE DARK WORLD
>66%
GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO
>86%
SPECTRE
>64%
And my personal favorite punching bag
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
>87%

Fuck reviews.
>>
He can't keep getting away with it!
>>
>>81050201
I've seen it.

4/10 Garbage. 2/10 if i had to rate the movie experience itself.
>>
>>81050210
Don't forget the poor editing and nonsensical plot. Wooden acting and cluttered and impossible to decipher final fight.
>>
>>81051551
Christ i can't believe i forgot to mention this as well.
AGE OF ULTRON
>75%
>>
>>81050916
You literally don't understand what that 37% (I think it's at 32% now) means. It's not a 37% in quality, it just means that 37% of people liked it
>>
>>81051100
The worst movie objectively in the last 10 years is One For the Money
>>
>>81049363
Yes, just like Fant4stic. Another underrated masterpiece in the same league as BvS.
>>
>>81051551
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was pretty entertaining.
>>
>>81051864
You better be talking about the original adaptation because the Fincher film sucked shit through a straw for free.
>>
>>81051452
Batman Begins is so underrated
>>
>>81051551
With the exception of Thor 2 which should be a rotten, the rest of that seems pretty close to right
>>
>>81051919
I fucking love Begins. I can't stand TDK at all, but Begins is GOAT as far as I'm concerned
>>
File: smug-bats.png (177 KB, 314x546) Image search: [Google]
smug-bats.png
177 KB, 314x546
>>81048569
>most of the reviews said batman was the best part of the movie
>even the ones that didn't like it all that much

Once again Batman comes out on top. Even Gadot is getting praise for her performance.

Lex has been shit on by every reviewer.
>>
>>81049363

Dude, have you ever considered that it's possible to do what Snyder tried to do with MoS and BvS--a moodier, more dramatic take on a superhero--without doing it badly?
>>
>>81051943
>Any of those films
>Close to right
U avin a giggle m8?
>>
>>81051917
I saw both within a week of each other. I enjoyed both almost equally but give a slight edge to the original adaptation.
>>
>>81051773
37% of critics liked it. In terms of the normal people who watched pre-screening, it's either deep love or deep hate. Leaning more towards love on tomato. 79% currently.
>>
>>81051383
well-spoken, anon
>>
>>81052044
So basically MoS, only more disliked by critics.
>>
>>81050795
>>81050836

Exactly. Like it or not (and I have my problems with it), but Jessica Jones is an example of a very serious superhero adaptation, wasn't grimdark and grey and managed to garner critical acclaim.

Hell, Netflix Daredevil is serious adaptation that veers into some very dark territory at times, and was also critically acclaimed.

The issue here is not "this is not Quifest 6: Electric Quipaloo", but that Snyder is a hack (fact) who's never made a great movie (fact), and the cast and crew consistently raised the bar for expectations until they were so high you'd have needed some mememagic to reach them.

And then we apparently got Piss Luthor and this dissonance is why movie tanked critically.
>>
>>81051383
Suck shit through a catheter. Blade Runner was also outright lambasted upon release. And i don't give a shit what you personally prefer but even the thetrical cut is a goddamn gem.
Even gems like Queens Innuendo were torn apart at release.
Hindsight is the only true measure in which we judge media.
>>
>>81051551
Those are fine enough reviews.

The 70 range isn't meant to be 'great movie', it's meant to be 'okay movie, but not special'.

All those films are better than BvS, by the way, because they are not total clusterfucks crammed with way too many useless characters and plotlines and weighed down by literally meaningless iconography that does nothing but make the film look pretentious as fuck. Even fucking Thor 2 has better character work than BvS, as it has a few actual functional characters.
>>
>>81052174
Anon, make sure you get an air tank if you're going to bury your head in the sand.
>>
>>81050795
Course doing the same thing didn't really work out for Star Wars either
>>
>>81052194
>All those films are better than BvS,
Thor 2, Crystal Skull and Iron Man 2 are on that list. Blow me. Or take shotgun therapy. Whichever you prefer.
>as it has a few actual functional characters.
One dimensional shitstains like Natalie Portman and Malekith sure are functional. And nothing the fuck else.
>>
>>81052212
Can't say it wasn't better.
>>
>>81050210
>the lack of clear motivations for the actions of Batman and Lex Luthor

Are you kidding me? It was obvious as day what their motivation was! Lex flat-out explains his in a monologue ffs.
>>
>>81052252
I damn well can, because it wasn't
>>
File: clam down.png (5 KB, 491x82) Image search: [Google]
clam down.png
5 KB, 491x82
>>81052244
This DC shill has lost his mind.

BvS broke the poor lad.
>>
>>81052174
Pffft.

Look, as someone who has seen the film, don't even compare it to Blade Runner. It's not in the same universe as Blade Runner.

BvS was shit.

Also, don't fucking lie, Blade Runner received a ton of praise when it was released. It got extremely mixed reviews, not overwhelmingly poor ones.
>>
>>81048769
The only people I feel sorry for are little boys and girls who are going to go to this shitfest thinking it's a Justice League movie, like with the little action figures they're getting in their Happy Meals, and instead they wind up seeing a load of pretentious grimdark bullshit.
>>
>>81052276
I honestly think it's just a classic /co/ntrarian, not a DC shill

Like Bitch Ewing or Bitch Grayson
>>
>>81052174
>Seriously comparing BvS to Blade Runner
>>
Gonna see the movie tonight to judge myself how bad it is, but just from the trailers I didn't think Affleck's Batman would be the movie killer - Eisenberg as Luthor stood out as the worst casting choice by far.
>>
>>81052244
>Thor 2, Crystal Skull and Iron Man 2 are on that list. Blow me. Or take shotgun therapy. Whichever you prefer.

Yeah, they're still better films than BvS. They have working characters and plots that aren't totally fucking disparate and mostly useless. They are working stories, not giant advertisements. They're not very good stories, but they're better than this mess.

>One dimensional shitstains like Natalie Portman and Malekith sure are functional. And nothing the fuck else.

Agreed.

Loki, however, no matter how lel meme you regard him, is better characterized than the entirety of BvS' cast. Shit, THOR, boring fucking Thor, has more going on than most of BvS' cast.

I'm not saying these are good films, anon. I'm saying BvS was particularly bad.
>>
>>81052275
>people actually defend the prequels now

holy shit
>>
>>81052318
This. I got a bit hopeful when I saw people praising in the initial buzz, but the peepee thing...no.
>>
>>81052244
I don't think you appreciate how bad this movie was.

You'll find out soon, I guess. I'd advise you to hold on to your money and just torrent it later, to save yourself the heartbreak of seeing a beloved franchise burned to the ground by one man's incredible ineptness, but you're gonna see it anyway.
>>
>>81052385
>but the peepee thing...no.

It's just weird what 4chan obsesses with films.
>>
>>81052044
The normal people who go to prescreenings for things like this are the inherently biased ones who already love the IP, so I can't take audience reviews seriously until at least a week into a film's release.

We saw the same thing with Thor 2 and AoU. Great prescreen reactions and then it started to become clear what the truth was.
>>
>>81052275
It really was a lot better than the prequels.

People forget how poor they were. They weren't just bad, they were monstrously bad.

Awakens succeeded in engaging me with one character. That's more than all three prequel films managed.
>>
>>81050955
Completely wrong. Critics loved DKR
>>
>>81052366
This idea that Crystal Skull is bad baffles me. It's okay. Perfectly midline average.

Certainly miles ahead of Temple of Doom.
>>
>>81052434
its always a rollercoaster finding out what will inspire memery in a movie.

You never know when the next baneposting will arise.
>>
>>81052275
>We're going FULL contrarian

I mean clearly you've forgotten what a halfway decent movie even was
>>
>>81052374
It's like a Litmus test.

If somebody says they like the Prequels, you can just dismiss them as having shit taste and there's no point in arguing with them anymore.

There are other movies, like Transformers 2, I guess.

Or BvS now, apparently.
>>
>>81050795
>I could film myself drinking whiskey until I vomit and call it Iron Man 4 and it'd be "different"

I'd pay double the ticket price to watch a drunk Tony going to rehab while his friends shake their head in disapproval the entire movie.
>>
>>81052511
next he'll tell us why Michael Bay is unappreciated
>>
>>81052485
Temple of Doom is fun for being hilariously stupid and just the right kind of politically incorrect.

Crystal Skull was functional but mostly boring. And the ayy lmaos really left a sour taste.
>>
>>81051917
How can an opinion be so wrong?
>>
File: 1432720444586.gif (733 KB, 179x296) Image search: [Google]
1432720444586.gif
733 KB, 179x296
>only 2 more rottens to 100
Come on, we can do this
>>
>>81052434
>It's just weird what 4chan obsesses with films.
Really? You can't think of a single reason why the piss thing even for a minor thing it is, would be a thing 4chan would latch on to?

The fact the words "Lex Luthor" and "piss" are even being in the same sentence in this film supposed to be groundbreaking and change everything doesn't seem a little bit like something that might seem a little bit hysterical

It's like saying "I can't believe 4chan latched on to Pa Kent dying in a tornado"
>>
>>81052453
Actually the real prescreeners really hated it.

It was in the news several weeks ago because WB execs were getting really nervous about the bad feedback.
>>
>>81052520
make it in the style of an indie mumblecore flick and have limited powers and im in.
>>
>>81052517
Can I at least say that I thought Transformers 2 sucked but Transformers 3 sucked harder?
>>
>>81052541
I wonder if it'll hit below 30%

>>81052552
I remember all that HitFix article saying WB weren't happy with it and /co/ basically stuck their fingers in their ears and went I'M NOT LISTENING. Should have known
>>
>>81052463
Kylo is even shittier than Lexenberg and he similarly brings the whole movie down. Don't give me that "it was intentional" excuse.
>>
>>81049450
Nolan didn't even wanna do a thierd movie and just wanted to move on
thinking he will any other superhero movie after that is silly
>>
>>81051452
>People don't even remember begins.
>All they care about is muh so random so serious joker.

I didn't like TDK at all, I don't understand why normies cling to it so fiercely.
>>
>>81052303
>I have no idea what a comparison is
>>
>>81049363
Missing the point. They shot for grandiose and failed.
>>
>>81052593
Because they liked it a lot more than you did, obviously.
>>
>>81051551
>INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL

>Suddenly ayy lmaos everywhere at the end of the movie.

I'm still mad.
>>
>>81052552
Okay not the test screening prescreening but the "early release prescreening" stuff that cinemas do a day or two in advance. The ones the general public can actually get tickets to if they're determined enough to be "the first to see it".
>>
File: 1449769414155.jpg (33 KB, 375x363) Image search: [Google]
1449769414155.jpg
33 KB, 375x363
Who "Afraidtogototheteather" here?

I can already see myself laughing like an idiot at the first mention of piss or drowning horses

Like last time i watched the SW prequels and almost fell over during the "i don't like sand" speech
>>
File: Reign524-5.jpg (57 KB, 329x308) Image search: [Google]
Reign524-5.jpg
57 KB, 329x308
>>81049390
No. Nolan can't even accept the presence of Batman's Sidekicks. If you aren't willing to embrace the weirder and sillier aspects of Cape comics, you've got no business adapting them.
>>
>>81052374
I'm not defending the prequels, I'm denigrating TFA
>>
>>81052585
Kylo has an actual motivation and a conflict.

Lexenberg has nothing. He's barely a character, and dear lord his dialogue is terrible. He's not just unbelievable as Lex Luthor, he's unbelievable as a human being.
>>
>>81050210

AVClub has a good one:

>No, the showdown only works if you consider what these iconic characters, the shining stars of the DC Comics stable, really represent: They’re the perfect inverse of each other, a beaming beacon of mankind’s promise going toe-to-toe with the dank underbelly of its fears. And that’s where Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice first runs into trouble. When the Last Son Of Krypton seems every bit as anguished, as edgily dark, as the Dark Knight himself, what’s the point in bashing them together? Their conflict isn’t so much “day versus night,” to quote the bad guy, as “late evening versus slightly later evening.”

It also points out how alternately smug and dour Cavill seems as Superman
>>
>>81052585
Two things, first of all no he's not, second of all, even if he's not, Kylo Ren isn't an adaptation of a character who has already been portrayed better in other mediums
>>
>>81052646
youre still wrong bucko
>>
>>81052629
I'm only gonna pay $6 for it so I don't really care
>>
>>81052659
Inexplicable motivation and non-existent conflict, just as poor writing.
>>
>>81052629
I remember when ASM2 came out. I had heard there was a ridiculous song number in the middle of a depressing scene but I didn't believe them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY

I ended up laughing in the theater
>>
>>81052682
>Kylo Ren isn't an adaptation of a character who has already been portrayed better in other mediums
Well, except Darth Vader
>>
>>81052682
He's some Doomzod of Jacen.
>>
>>81051383
1000 x this. People say the critics didn't like it because it was "too deep" or "too gritty". Fuck, the same guys who are critisizing BvS are the same ones who praised Birdman, Dark Knight and fucking Deadpool! People with half a brain can smell BvS bullshit a mile away. Just fucking terminate Hack Snyder and put someone else in charge. George Miller would be great, thanks.
>>
>>81052626
You're talking about midnight screenings, and they're still several hours away.

99% of the people claiming they've seen screenings are full of shit.
>>
>>81052629
go around 3pm on a weekday and bring a flask of whiskey. You should be able to check on the cinema's website which screening has the least tickets sold
>>
>>81052629
Just do it. I blurted out big guy when Colossus showed up in Deadpool. It can't be worse than that
>>
File: pa9O6Fd.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
pa9O6Fd.gif
1 MB, 200x200
This is just depressing. I think a lot of the shitposters and memers are crossboarders

This is a sad day for comic books
>>
>>81052718
The entire point is that he's a wannabe that is not Darth Vader. Like at all.

>>81052720
Who the fuck outside of Star Wars nerds who actually read the books would even know who that is?

How are you even comparing this to Lex Luthor who has a large variety of adaptations and presences across multiple mediums
>>
>>81049363
>It will be a cult favorite.
Maybe for some Heaven's Gate type one, sure. All I know is we have an entire thread on /co/ now dedicated to giving a "safe space" away from the reality that the movie is a bomb.
>>
>>81052740
I would have punched you right in the face.
>>
>>81052684
It has an awful plot, which is weird since they copied ANH almost word-for-word, terrible CGI despite the promise to go more practical, a truly awfully written protagonist, half-assed music, and horrendous ship and monster design.

And also completely whiffing on some major themes of the OT, again despite copying ANH almost exactly
>>
>>81052747
>sad day for comic books

It's what you make of it.

If you go out and give this movie money, you're saying "Mmm, I love eating your shit, please give me more."

If instead people stand up to them and say we're not going to put up with this shit any more, they'll change their ways.
>>
>>81052727
>You're talking about midnight screenings, and they're still several hours away.
You know this movie came out in other countries already though right?
>>
>>81052785
You could have tried
>>
>>81051659
Age of Ultron wasn't that bad desu.
>>
>>81052767
>he's a wannabe that is not Darth Vader. Like at all.

That makes him a weak villain. As in the movie loses credibility.
>>
>>81052767
>the villain was intentionally unintimidating and a man baby, that makes it ok!
Whoop there it is
>>
>>81050738
They thought MoS would do it, too...
>>
File: 1458106736424.png (12 KB, 213x184) Image search: [Google]
1458106736424.png
12 KB, 213x184
>>81052711
My friends thought I was fucking weird when I started to silently laugh pretty hard in the theater when the song started.

I can only ever associate the song now with that video with the edited opening scene of TDKR.
>>
>>81052581
What got me was some guys claiming the execs were worried that the movie might be too smart for the audience. It started as a joke but then some anons apparently were serious about it.
>>
Can some one tell me what Aquaman's screen time is in this movie? He wasnt in any of the trailers but he did get a poster.....mixed messages from the producers.
>>
>>81052797
>If you go out and give this movie money, you're saying "Mmm, I love eating your shit, please give me more."

See, this is the type of post I'd expect on /tv/ where everyone just posts memes

How supposed to discuss the movie without seeing it? Just delay threads until a camrips out?
>>
>>81052809
weak psychologically but he was still threatening. he killed Han after all.
>>
>>81052809
Not if that's the point.
>>
>>81052711
Kek I'd probably laugh at this too if it caught me off guard like that
>>
>>81052850
Given the level of lack of understanding of the fundamentals things concerning the movie that is going on at the moment, I'm inclined to agree with the supposed executives
>>
>>81052882
You don't have to see movies to know that they're shit.

You can see the shit previews and read the shit reviews.

Have you ever seen the new Fantastic Four movie? Has that prevented you from knowing that it's shit?
>>
>>81052897
He didn't kill Han in a fight though

He just walked right up to him and stabbed him

And then he gets beaten by a little girl
>>
>>81052863
30 seconds
>>
>>81052696
You're saying Kylo's motivation and conflict were non-existent here?

You're pretty much wrong, both were very clear.

I'm not a fan of TFA, but it was far better than the prequels.
>>
>>81050137
>Maybe people do want more "out there" properties in superhero movies
People want good movies anon. If you deliver a good Squirrel Girl movie, people will love it and will watch it.
>>
>>81052882
yes
>>
Fucking Alice Through the Looking Glass is gonna do better than B v S, nevermind Civil War.
>>
>>81052963
Does he do anything cool in that 30 seconds?
>>
>>81051917

The hell was wrong with the American version? It wasn't perfect but it was pretty good.
>>
File: Johnny Be Good.jpg (75 KB, 594x597) Image search: [Google]
Johnny Be Good.jpg
75 KB, 594x597
>>81052966
TFA had Finn, so that automatically makes it better.
>>
I hope people realize this is all just getting started. Once it premieres this weekend, it's going to be a laughing stock everywhere.
>>
>>81052863
There's a webm floating around, it's a short footage of him staring for a sec at an underwater drone or something and then destroying it. The whole JL cameos are like this, Bruce and Diana find this secret folder of Lex where he keeps videos of Aquaman, (costumeless) Flash stopping a robbery in a store, Cyborg being cyborg'd and something about WW. If Aquaman had a poster is because he was pretty much the only one with a finalized look, probably
>>
>>81053011
You're goddamn right

>>81053015
Have we started the fire?
>>
>>81052900
The point is it makes the movie suck.

>>81052897
We never got to know them as family so whatever "Feels" one gets from that is because of Han nostalgia, not because his shitstain son was sooo tragic.
>>
>>81053047
We didn't start the fire. It's always been burning since the world's been turning.
>>
File: snyder.jpg (311 KB, 1198x1800) Image search: [Google]
snyder.jpg
311 KB, 1198x1800
>>81048569
He just won't stop.

>While talking to HeyUGuys, Snyder explained his justification for Batman's use of deadly force, citing previous onscreen incarnations by directors Tim Burton and Chris Nolan as well as Frank Miller's classic "The Dark Knight Returns." Snyder says:

>I tried to do it by proxy. Shoot the car they’re in, the car blows up or the grenade would go off in the guy’s hand, or when he shoots the tank and the guy pretty much lights the tank [himself]. I perceive it as him not killing directly, but if the bad guy’s are associated with a thing that happens to blow up, he would say that that’s not really my problem.

>A little more like manslaughter than murder, although I would say that in the Frank Miller comic book that I reference, he kills all the time. There’s a scene from the graphic novel where he busts through a wall, takes the guy’s machine gun…I took that little vignette from a scene in The Dark Knight Returns, and at the end of that, he shoots the guy right between the eyes with the machine gun. One shot. Of course, I went to the gas tank, and all of the guys I work with were like, ‘You’ve gotta shoot him in the head’ because they’re all comic book dorks, and I was like, ‘I’m not gonna be the guy that does that!’

>Snyder previously defended his decision to show Superman taking a life in 2013's "Man of Steel," saying that the rule that Superman doesn't kill "doesn't exist in the comics. In the comics, he's actually killed Zod a couple of times. In the comics he's more of a practical hero. His aversion to killing won't stop him from doing it if it's the only solution."
>>
>>81053047
>we

You mean 4chan? No, we don't matter for shit.

The only people who deserve credit for this are WB and Snyder.
>>
>>81052966
>wanting to be like Vader

Literally why. Inexplicable.

>oooh the Light side is tempting me, make it stop

He does no actual good deeds to back it up. Telling not showing which is pretty much zero.
>>
>>81053142
It was self-doubt that he had, not that he had an addiction to running around randomly doing good deeds.

Luke knew their was good in Vader, despite Vader never actually doing anything good until the very end. That's exactly what troubled Kylo Ren.

You're pretty dumb.
>>
>>81053183
That was a problem with ROTJ now that you mention it. Even then his so-called self-doubt didn't manifest except in his Vader fapshrine.
>>
>>81050132
>batman vs superman was destined to be shit from the start
>this revisionism
>>
>>81053094
>I took that little vignette from a scene in The Dark Knight Returns, and at the end of that, he shoots the guy right between the eyes with the machine gun. One shot.
That's a fucking lie. He shot the wall next to the guy to scare him. Is Snyder blind or just a liar?
>>
>>81053244
isn't there a pool of blood under the guy's head
>>
File: tantrum hole.jpg (120 KB, 974x502) Image search: [Google]
tantrum hole.jpg
120 KB, 974x502
>>81053094
>>
>>81053229
I've been shit talking the thing since we first saw Bruce's dorky power armor
>>
>>81053269
>>81023577
No entry wound, no blood around the bullet hole. I don't know what's on the wall, but I wouldn't call it blood.
>>
File: 1448034417244.png (599 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1448034417244.png
599 KB, 640x480
Can he be stopped?
>>
>>81048569
https://youtu.be/GZTP5yImRgk
RIP Ben Affleck's career.
>>
>>81053115
>You mean 4chan? No, we don't matter for shit.
You know I'm just quoting TDKR right?
>>
>>81052541
It's done

>48 fresh
>101 rotten
>>
>>81053591
No, I didn't see TDKR, and I'm not interested in maymays.
>>
>>81053748
I think you're on the wrong site
>>
File: 1457721034714.png (23 KB, 80x109) Image search: [Google]
1457721034714.png
23 KB, 80x109
It wasn't supposed to be like this. Why does Snyder keep getting away with it? I seriously hope WB learn their lesson and fire him and his wife.
>>
>>81053812
These are the people who are too dumb to get Will Smith to make a tie in song for their summer Suicide Squad blockbuster
>>
>>81048769
Even then, Forbes says he's the "least-convincing cinematic incarnation" of Batman. Gal Gadot's getting praise, though.
>>
>>81050752
And IGN gave BvS a 6.0.
RIP BvS.
>>
>>81054061
Nah, I saw it and he's probably the second best after Keaton.
>>
File: Based Snyder 2.jpg (47 KB, 740x305) Image search: [Google]
Based Snyder 2.jpg
47 KB, 740x305
Still going down.
>>
File: Aquaman.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Aquaman.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>81052863
>>
>>81054061
She shouldn't be. She's in the movie for the last act, her theme is awful and her acing is standard. I've seen the movie at an early screening and she got a pop more for just showing up than for actually being great.
>>
>>81054129
Jesus, what's it going to bottom out at?
>>
>>81054129
IT ALL RETURNS TO NOOOTHING
>>
>>81054167
We need an edit of this so it's her looking at the Rotten Tomatoes score plummeting
>>
File: 756343245.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
756343245.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
and we still have warcraft, ben-hur and ghostbusters left.
what a year to make fun of flops.
>>
>>81054281
>ben-hur
please tell me you're memeing
>>
>>81054314
>he doesn't know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLJdzky63BA
>>
File: 3453.jpg (136 KB, 600x937) Image search: [Google]
3453.jpg
136 KB, 600x937
>>81054314
you wish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLJdzky63BA
>>
>>81054167
We won't stop
We can't stop
>>
>>81054354
Nice to see Charlie Day starring in a blockbuster
>>
>>81054281

Don't forget Tarzan and a 2nd Jungle Book movie not being made by Disney
>>
All I have is the vain hope that friday will come and the audience score will be better. I mean fuck how do you do this? HOW?
>>
>>81054314
From the director of Wanted.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2638144/
>>
>>81054376
>The Gang Tries Chariot Racing
>>
>>81054129
That audience score was 81% yesterday.
>>
File: 1457888697746.png (3 KB, 390x238) Image search: [Google]
1457888697746.png
3 KB, 390x238
>>81054354
oh no
>>
>>81052711

As soon as it started i knew that /tv/ was going to be talking about it and started laughing
>>
File: 1455423237089.jpg (379 KB, 1140x940) Image search: [Google]
1455423237089.jpg
379 KB, 1140x940
>Post yfw Zack Snyder and his wife are fired and George Miller is hired to run the DCEU
>>
>>81054420
Well Wanted was fun as fuck despite the changes
>>
>>81054345
>>81054354
This was the wrong tone for a trailer but from what I've heard Jesus has a larger role, for what it's worth.

Honestly don't have a problem otherwise. It won't be as good as the Chuck Heston one, but that never stopped anyone from doing remakes if they wanted. And the Heston one was already the second remake.
>>
>>81054376
Is he though? It seems more like Morgan Freemans is going to be carrying him.
>>
>>81054354
Is that Doomashev?
>>
>>81054281
>>81054389
I want Warcraft and Tarzan to do well because fuck I like that stuff. Seen no real warning bells in the trailers so far.
>>
>>81052174
>Blade Runner was also outright lambasted upon release.

Ridley scott didn't have final cut. The theatrical release had a tacked-on happy ending and voice over through the whole thing. It was also marketed as an action movie when in truth it was a slow-paced sci-fi.
>>
>>81054651
I can't agree. They turned Tarzan into a generic save the damsel from the evil businessmen story. They even had the nerve to reference it in the trailer when Jane is talking about it.
>>
>>81054651
>Seen no real warning bells in the trailers so far.

If you see no warning bells in the Warcraft trailer, I've got bad news for you anon.
>>
>>81053094
Why did anyone give him the keys to this kingdom?

He clearly doesn't understand or appreciate either of his lead characters.
>>
File: 1455145073665.gif (561 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
1455145073665.gif
561 KB, 320x200
>>81054651
anon, you're either lying, blind or mad.
>>
>>81052974
More out-there properties are easier to make well since the studio execs don't know who the fuck they are so they don't meddle
>>
>>81054795
His wife is a high power producer.
>>
>>81050735
How are you accessing the Internet from the past?
>>
>>81053094
Did he even read TDKR or is he like tumblr and building an entire understanding off contextless panels
>>
>>81053748
You better not see BvS either then. I'm seeing it so I can be on board with all the freshest memes.
>>
>UNITE THE SEVEN
>JL members cameos are just videos someone watches on Lex's computer
Jesus Christ.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.