[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the least that WB will do with Justice League after BvS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
>>
>>81047161
Cancel or delay it, BvS is legitly bad if not the worst, it is basically B&R of DCEU. Trying to create a universe around it is insane.
>>
>>81047161
Do reshoots for Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman so Man of Steel and BvS don't exist. Then reintroduce Superman in Justice League with a different director, fix up the script too.
>>
it's already too late
>>
Man of Steel bombed with critics, but made tons of money and they greenlit BvS because of that. They don't care about these reviews, they care about the bottom line. So unless this weekend it tanks hard - and as much doomsaying as there is, I don't think it will with how many tickets have already been sold and the amount of successful marketing they did (look at how much people were excited before the reviews dropped, most normies don't read or give a shit about reviews) - they'll just continue on regardless.
>>
>>81047468
>I don't have to actually see it to know
>>
>>81047161
nothing, it'll make bank and they'll just move on.
>>
Well if Suicide Squad is really successful they might scrap the Justice League and JL-related films and do a Bat-Family film.

Maybe we might get another trilogy of Batman.

>The Batman
>Harley Quinn
>Batman: Rise of the Joker

and then we can get some spin-off movies about Poison Ivy and maybe a movie that includes robin
>>
>>81047518
I don't want DC films to be the Bayformers of superhero movies.
>>
>>81047537
The film was released, Slowpoke.
>>
why is aquaman played by mac from its always sunny
>>
>>81047568
yeah, in other countries. Ain't out in america yet
>>
>>81047577
Ops, sorry then.
>>
>>81047537
>>81047577
I already saw it and it's godawful.
>>
>>81047518

Production costs were around 200 mil, and revenue was around 700 mil, disk sales included. This is not "tons of money".
>>
scrape Aquaman, Cyborg, Shazam, Justice League 2.

Make Batman solo movie with Ben Affleck acting and directing. Most likely be a prequel to the events of BvS. Maybe Death of the Family, Death in the Family story-line or something.

And Man of Steel 2. With George Miller directing and adviser is Morrison. And not let Goyer, Terrio, Snyder near it.
>>
>>81047565

Too bad, because that's what your getting with Snyder/WB at the helm.
>>
>>81047161
Related.
http://www.moovienews.com/20160323-major-shakeup-for-warnerbros-and-dc.html
>WB shitting their collective pants.
>WW movie being rewritten as more of a standalone movie, removing references or allusions to BVS.
>Snyder out, JL delayed at best.
>Cyborg, Aquaman, and future GL movies in danger of cancellation.
>Investors plan to replace the board and reboot DCCU if BVS does not succeed.

All in all, it's pretty bleak. I wouldn't mind a reboot, desu. Affleck and Cavill are fine, but Eisenberg is shit, and Flash looks like he's one day away from announcing he's a woman now and going through hormone therapy.
>>
>>81047561
This is likely their next course of action and it is just sad.
>>
>>81048004
>Morrison
Dude is the reason we have Supes Jesus reference, you knows this, right? Just let Miller handle it.
>>
>>81048024
>This is totally real guys. No really.
>>
I can't feel anything but bad for WB, if the movie tanks (and it might) they'll have no option but reboot everything for the millionth time
>>
What does it tell us when people are so emotionally invested in corporate finances and brand value?
>>
>>81048059

That they are morons who internalize corporate brands as a part of their identity? I really do pity them.
>>
>>81048045
God forbid a character that was created by a Jew have Jesus allusions. Even if it was not in-your-face, there are many subtle imagery one could find between Jesus and Hercules with Superman.
>>
>>81048045
>Dude is the reason we have Supes Jesus reference, you knows this, right?

You're a real dense one.
>>
>>81048024
I'm pretty sure Ezra Miller has said that he's gender queer so I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out trans.
>>
>>81048045
Did you mean to say Millar? Because I think having a Matthwew Vaughn directed Superman Movie based on some Superman Adventures scripts would be pretty dope
>>
>>81048024
please tell me this is right and not a click bait
>>
>>81050924
The butthurt will be glorious if it's true.
>>
>>81047161
recast Flash Aquaman and lex
>>
>>81048024
>"Investors are planning a major takeover if [Batman V Superman] flops and have plans to install a board that will order the universe to be rebooted."
Is it already an universe when it's just two movies?
>>
>>81047990
$225m production+$75m marketing and $668m worldwide+$107m domestic home video.

It's a significant amount, but 10% of the worldwide gross was paid direct to Snyder as part of the suicide pact, 50% of the worldwide gross would have gone direct to the distribution chain to cover costs, and you have to imagine other percentages went to Costner and so forth, but even with just 40% of the gross left WB would have made a loss on production and marketing.

I haven't really followed up on how much it's been making in tv rights or downloads or international video sales, but to be fair that is where studios make their money on this kind of thing. It's probably doing OK, but as you say, not tons of money by any stretch of the imagination. They'd probably get more investing $300m in four smaller titles instead of one giant one.
>>
>>81050924
It's likely the major shareholders are looking at it. WB has had a rough couple of years and made some weird decisions on the executive side.

>>81052022
The universe is interchangeable with "the IP that they own" in this instance. As the owners, they're entitled to tell the company to do whatever they want; it's often the case that shareholders are content to let the companies they own run themselves without interference (as often you invest in things you don't really understand, and understanding what you don't understand is about the smartest thing you can do) but there have been a few revolts for major companies in recent years over things like executive remuneration - often because the company is losing money, the share price is dropping, and the execs are still paying themselves ever fatter bonuses because they met the targets they set themselves.

Then there's what happened at Newscorp, which is majority owned by external investors but grants preferential shares to the Murdoch clan, and still got spanked by those majority investors over the conduct of various executives and the Murdochs themselves. They're not having a fun time at all.
>>
File: 1456466422128.jpg (33 KB, 493x276) Image search: [Google]
1456466422128.jpg
33 KB, 493x276
>Suicide Squad will be reshot to make Man of Steel and Batman VS Superman never happen
>all the solo movies for Cyborg, Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman etc... are going to get cancelled
>Justice League will be ANOTHER reboot

Honestly, should DC and Warner Bros. just give up by now?
>>
>>81052022
Uh yes. Stark appeared in Norton Hulk.
>>
>>81052799
Wonder Woman is almost done shooting. They can just rewrite and reshoot stuff too.

The rest can be rewritten. Basically Suicide Squad can be the first movie now, weird as it may be.
>>
>>81052022
It is internally at WB because pre-production has begun on a host of movies
>>
>>81047161
Cancel current movieverse.
Tv-verse takes over, movieverse even alluded to as a different timeline.
They can keep Batfleck, Cavil (assuming they still want to be there) and even Gadot (tell her to buff up though), but they are more iconic, more in tune with the source material versions of themselves.
>>
>>81052799
>Suicide squad reshoot at this point in production

They'd have to delay the film months at least. I really doubt it would be worth that, regardless of how poorly BvS does
>>
File: Cat_Woman.jpg (214 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Cat_Woman.jpg
214 KB, 512x512
>>81052799
>They'll put Snyder in charge once again.
>>
>>81050924
No way to confirm if its true or not, but they seem like pretty safe predictions for how WB will react if this flops.

Even if it still makes a ton of money, I hope WB is smart enough to rethink the direction of the DCEU and Snyder. Even if it is successful at the box office, they have to see that it was less successful then it would have been had reviews been good, and if audiences react even half as badly as critics have then it will hurt their brand and the revenue of subsequent DC films.
>>
>>81047491
Aren't they already doing reshoots on WW? Rumor has it since the beginning of this week, they've been rewriting the script on set.

>>81047518
MoS barely made more than SR. Why do you think they shoved Batman into the sequel?
>>
>>81047161
Drop Snyder at the very least. Probably a delay incoming since it's so close to filming. If they're trying to keep something of a 2/3 movies a year thing, then Flash or Aquaman is getting moved up.
>>
>>81056112
I'm not sure if WB is now stuck with Snyder. I don't think any good director will want to take over the shit that Snyder has left behind.
>>
>>81048024
>Flash looks like he's one day away from announcing he's a woman now and going through hormone therapy.
He cut his hair and shaved. He looks fine now.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.