[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the Flash goes so fast that in his perspective things slow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: TheFlash.jpg (386 KB, 2996x1400) Image search: [Google]
TheFlash.jpg
386 KB, 2996x1400
If the Flash goes so fast that in his perspective things slow down then does that mean that if he wanted to run to Paris and back it'd feel like 2 years of walking even though it was only like a fraction of a second?
>>
>>81044151
I think about this a lot. Maybe as long as he thinks "This feel like it's taking forever but I know I'm going hella fast" he won't lose his fucking mind.
But idk. Speed Force, ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>81044151
Nope
>>
Generally no, the speedforce is userfriendly.
>>
>>81044151
IIRC there's a mental divide involved.

I don't have the page saved, but there was a comic in which Flash, not paying attention, lapsed into slow-perspective by accident, and commented on how when he isn't concentrating the world appears that way.

In many versions I've seen, however, it's the opposite. Flash sees things at normal speed unless he really concentrates and taps into the speed force, which would explain why any villains could even touch him: reaction lag.

I don't know which one is canon, but in my imagination he starts out as the latter and moves to the former perspective as he ages and is an established old hero
>>
I'd assume he can adjust his movement speed and perception speed independently of one another, so if he runs across town in a second, it will feel like longer than one second to him (allowing him to actually see where he's going), but less time than if a normal person was running it.

Or, to put it another way, imagine if you could run 3 times faster than normal, but your perception was normal speed. Then make time slow to 1/3 normal speed from your perspective ALSO, so that you're moving at 9x speed, but from your perspective it feels like 3x speed in a slow-motion world.
>>
>>81044151

Can't he alter his perception of time?
>>
>>81044182
Until you go balls deep at least. Then it'll hold you in for 20 years IF you can get out.
And whatever Bart did to Inertia.
>>
>>81044511
Wally did that to avenge Bart but yeah, living statue mode is unpleasant
>>
>>81044575
My mistake, but the point is that the Speedforce is unforgiving.
Also Jay in Kingdom Come, who could only really communicate with Superman at the speed he was always going.
>>
>>81044511
>>81044575
>>81044858
seems a lil rude.
>>
>>81044151

He can speed up not just his body, but also his perception and I'm assuming prime different parts of his perception (so retain reflexes while in slow movement). So he would be able to zip over there and only use accelerated perception by reflex if the course demands it.

That time-travelling Zoom on the other hand has no way of doing that. If her "speeds" to Paris, he actually has to walk the whole way.
>>
>>81048623
> Zoom spends 3 weeks of his time running across the city every time he wants to drive a terrifying point home.

That's determination, man.
>>
>>81049588
/thread
>>
>>81049557
Does that mean he lost three weeks of his life just making a point, or does his body only age the fraction of second?
>>
File: pms1.jpg (51 KB, 258x400) Image search: [Google]
pms1.jpg
51 KB, 258x400
>>81044151
while this >>81049588
is true for the flash other speedsters aren't as lucky.
>>
File: pms2.jpg (118 KB, 600x926) Image search: [Google]
pms2.jpg
118 KB, 600x926
>>81051378
>>
File: pms3.jpg (55 KB, 257x400) Image search: [Google]
pms3.jpg
55 KB, 257x400
>>81051392
>>
I think the general idea across most comics is that he can, with some effort, control the speedforce in his mind and body separately, so that he can do either one at will.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.