[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2 years until season 7 Kill me now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 24
File: VentureBros6.jpg (288 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
VentureBros6.jpg
288 KB, 1280x720
>2 years until season 7

Kill me now
>>
Anyone who didn't subscribe order their Abrockalypse Now shirt?
>>
I legit feel depressed now that season 6 is over, I just want more Venture Bros

the worst part of it is that season 6 was godlike, every episode was exactly what I wanted, it would hurt less if the show was not so good
>>
File: 1457652516575.jpg (34 KB, 587x347) Image search: [Google]
1457652516575.jpg
34 KB, 587x347
>red death is the coolest guy outside of work
I love the idea of bad guys treating evil as a job and all, but venture bros just took that and made it even better.
>>
>>81041498
It's not worth the wait and it really made me realise how little i have going on in my life
>>
>>81041774

it's actually deeper than that, imo, red death's family changed him, he's still the loon and maniac he was before but family life keeps him at bay, he doesn't arch much now, he isn't as hardcore as he was but deep down he's still a vile S.O.B. which he shows in the last scene

something dr girlfriend didn't too to monarch, so inb4 not true love and she leaves monarch in the final season, but I doubt that will happen because fan backlash, or maybe monarch calms down and leaves rusty alone after dr mrs gets pregnant and a kid changes monarch
>>
>>81041980

I strongly disagree, it was more than worth the wait, season 6 is one of the best seasons of any cartoon not just VB
>>
pls could someone tell me there isn't a single chance Rusty and The Monarch are two brothers and that they could actually be the Venture bros? Could this happen?
>>
>>81041774
>>81042020

Do you Niggas feel that Monarch will keep the paralels with Red Death and eventually become a legendary competent villain?

So far it has been show that he is brutal if you are not Rusty, and killed any super scientist or villain on his way.

What is even keeping him away from being a higher level manace? Stupid poison darts?

Also are those things just to paralize or they can kill too? Maybe both?
>>
>>81042089
It could be possible. But, considering the writers tendency to fuck with expectations at times, it will probably be something competely mundane
>>
>>81042221
The only thing stopping him is his obsession with Rusty.
If Dr Wife or 21 can somehow make him stop that, Monarch would be among the best villains with the highest body count. Either that, or he would go live a relatively normal life with Dr Wife.
>>
The last episode this season was good but it was sort of a let-down in terms of season finales. It just sort of felt like another episode. Had to remind myself it was the finale after I started thinking about "next week's episode". No real major shake-up or plot advancement or anything.
>>
>>81042221

Monarch has been portrayed as super competent this season, he and 21 killed like 20 supervillains, and he basically achieved his every goal this season, he kept his Blue Morpho activities hidden from Dr Mrs the Monarch, and she isn't a stupid lady

>Also are those things just to paralize or they can kill too? Maybe both?

both, what the story demands etc.
>>
>>81041498
Gonna need a source anon
>>
>>81042089
doubtful, even if the Monarch looks like Rusty white his beard shortened, the Monarch looks like Blue Morpho, and Jonas Jr looks like Jonas and we can be pretty fucking sure that Jr and Rusty are real brothers
>>
>>81042351

agreed, it didn't feel big enough to be a season finale
>>
>>81042406
how knows maybe the finish the story of this season white and especial or something
>>
>Monarch didn't get his revenge on Copycat
>Monarch didn't kill Wide Wale for fucking his wife
>We never got the info on did Dr Wife actually fuck Wide Wale

just 2 more years until all is revealed guys
>>
>>81042221
>Do you Niggas feel that Monarch will keep the paralels with Red Death and eventually become a legendary competent villain?

I certainly hope that's the case. I had hoped that he would've gone on to change the face of the guild from the whole bureaucratic shtick and eventually become Sovereign. But since the position doesn't exist anymore, it's hard to say now.

>What is even keeping him away from being a higher level manace? Stupid poison darts?

His obsession with Rusty.

He's got both lethal darts and Tranq darts. Otherwise many henchmen would still be alive and the Pirate Captain would be dead.
>>
>>81042462

yeah that would be pretty fucking awesome, like a one hour special to set up season 7

maybe for halloween or christmas?
>>
It sucks the wait is so long but the fact that the quality doesn't drop is a plus. There is also the fact that this show has been running for more than 12 years and it's fun to think back and remember where you were when each season ran.
>>
File: 208808.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
208808.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>81041498
>2 years until season 7
>>
>>81042600

the quality increases, VB season 6 is one of the best looking shows out there
>>
>>81041546

nah, but I'm gonna print a S06 poster and frame it
>>
>>81041546
I'm going to make knock off Rapacity in Blue shirts.
>>
>>81042487
>We never got the info on did Dr Wife actually fuck Wide Wale

She didn't. The dialogue in that scene with her and Whale was made to seem like an affair but it's about letting Wide Whale arch Rusty instead of Monarch.
>>
>>81042810
God I need to see this fucking season.
>>
>>81042368
I feel like 21 was portrayed as super competent. The Monarch just seemed to be lucky.
>>
>>81042487
>Did Dr. Mrs. The Monarch fuck Wide Whale
Definitely not. She did something much, much worse.
>>
File: MonarchReadsTFotM.jpg (13 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
MonarchReadsTFotM.jpg
13 KB, 256x192
>>81042221
>>81042368
>>81042489
Both. They're tipped with sodium pentothal according to The Flight of the Monarch, which is a real drug that's used for both general anesthesia and lethal injections.
>>
I loved the voices they had for that ep. Clancy Brown AKA The Kurgon for the Red Death. And the blonde guy chained in the Saw basement was Misha Collins- the guy who plays Castiel on Supernatural.
And that Red Death was the first guy who saw through Morpho's Clark Kent Glasses disguise just made him even more impressive. There's like this friction between two kinds of people on this show. The mad dog animals that Dr Girlfriend was talking about in the limo, and the realized, competent _people_ that were the kind of villain that Dr Killinger was there to keep making. Venture Brothers doesn't seem to be as much about failure this season, as it is about which of those two that the characters want to become.
>>
>>81042221

I could see him becoming a top villain, arching Rusty on occasion (who finally decides to embrace the hijinks so long as it's not too constant). Later, Monarch is semi-retired, Gary (now officially the Viceroy) is in charge, with Monarch acting as a mentor for the next generation of Murderflies.

The initiation is an endurance test against every one of Brock's illegitimate children in armed combat.
>>
>>81043723

Why did I read your post in The Monarch's voice?
>>
>>81044492
>The initiation is an endurance test against every one of Brock's illegitimate children in armed combat.

... I don't think bastard kids fall into Guild sanctioned persons, unless specified. Which I don't see Brock doing.
>>
>>81044556

You underestimate the power of Brock's genes, his sons will became violent murder machines like their mullet-headed father. The power of Sampson shall not perish when Brock passes on.
>>
>>81044556
>implying Hunter doesn't see their potential, recruiting them under the pretense they can assist their single mothers with hefty government checks, and turning them into his own Samson army for OSI and sending them off to bodyguard super-scientists all over the world
>>
>>81044741
I choose to take that as: DeDe is an OSI plant to keep an eye on Dexter. The first DeDe is living in Sweden and writes to her parents from time to time.
Venture Bros. has gotten pretty far from it's Johnny Quest roots, hasn't it?
>>
File: 1454548917470.jpg (22 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
1454548917470.jpg
22 KB, 400x307
I thought there was gonna be one more episode in a couple days

The last one wasn't much of a finale
>>
>>81041498
>2 years
overly optimistic aren't ya?
>>
File: Blue Morpho kidnapping scared.webm (206 KB, 1075x604) Image search: [Google]
Blue Morpho kidnapping scared.webm
206 KB, 1075x604
I wish this looped better, but have it
>>
>>81048857
Yeah, they've said as much. They didn't get to make all the episodes they wanted, so it sort of cut off abruptly. They would've switched last week's episode for this one (as it makes for a better finale), were it not for continuity tangles.
>>
>>81049055
Is gary ever going to run into the real kano in that costume
>>
>>81044492

>implying Gary doesn't join the OSI when it's all said and done
>>
>>81049432
Please Gary is a Hench through and through, he is more likely to end up like Ward and Watch than in the OSI
>>
File: sad frog computer.jpg (47 KB, 784x811) Image search: [Google]
sad frog computer.jpg
47 KB, 784x811
>Venture Bros episode 1 came out 20 years ago
>>
File: 1411577728783.jpg (5 KB, 164x152) Image search: [Google]
1411577728783.jpg
5 KB, 164x152
>>81049767
Not quite yet

But mfw I was 5 years old when it aired
>>
Why is there such a long hiatus between seasons and this wasn't even a full season? Literal shit shows that don't deserve consecutive seasons on AS don't go through this.
>>
>>81044526
Why did I read YOUR post in 21's voice?
>>
>>81049432
Dude he tried, remember? He thought he was getting an OSI position for his work with SPHINX? Brock and Hunter left him out in the cold?
>>
>>81049767
Pilot hit in 2003? Still got some time there, buddy.
>>
>>81042337
Red Death said that the only way the Monarch can be free of Rusty Venture is to kill him.
>>
Season 1 was in 2003.
Why does this take so long? The nips crap out One Piece episodes every week.
>>
>>81051381
Budget, animation times, lots of shit.
>>
>>81051837
>>81051381

One of their writers is always busy painting and rock and rolling on stage

Had some issues with moving to a new animation studio

Then they probably only start writing each time they run low on money
>>
>>81044362
THAT WAS MISHA?! AAAAAAAH!
>>
So...Is there a mega folder somewhere?
>>
>>81041498
Wish someone other than Adult Swim would pick it up, or that they'd get help from another production company or something.
I don't want Doc and Jackson dying on us before they finish it on their own terms.
>>
>>81052063
The show being on Adult Swim is part of what makes it great. You can get away with virtually anything on Adult Swim. Maybe not in terms of bleeping and nipples and whatnot versus like HBO or something, but the bar for traditional 'quality' at AS is rock fucking bottom. Hammer and Publick get to make the show they want to make, more or less, and we the viewers reap the benefit. So yeah, the downside is that it takes forever cuz AS funding is almost North Korea-tier, but a show like Venture Bros could have never become what it is on another network.
>>
>>81049125
Kano got mentioned in the "last" episode of the season. I say "last" because they actually filmed 2 more episdes for this season unreleased, they will probably be a 1 hour special next year some time. I would not be suprised if they wrap up some questoins we bounce around here during that "special", maybe with Monarch visiting Kano with him and Gary in full BM costume to get some answers from him. That meeting might set up season 7 as the wrap up to find Monarch and Rusty being actual (step?)brothers, such a revelation might be enough to break his need to arch rusty. This, along with a flashback revealing why Monarch hates Rusty soo fucking much or feels compelled to arch him will probably be stretched out over season 7.

I am betting Rusty stole a toy from him. Or they were playing Villians and Scientist role play game and it somehow got permenently ingrained into the Monarchs personality for reasons he cant remember due to massive emotional trauma. The real fucking Mystery? The one NONE OF YOU FUCKERS have brought up....WHY Does RUSTY...not remember The Monarch as kids? It goes both ways.

Both have massive memory lapses for some reason, I'm guessing Jonas is to blame.
>>
>>81044362
>And the blonde guy chained in the Saw basement was Misha Collins

i'm pretty sure Misha was the guy with the brain in a jar. he could have done both though
>>
>>81052307
it's gonna be something really pedestrian like Monarch and Rusty had a bust up at their 6th birthday party and had a spat where they ended up slapfighting and they trip and headbutt each other. A few weeks after the party shit goes down and rusty and monarch never meet again for years so they forget each other.

Didn't rusty like totally forget his sidekick ethnic kid from his adventures at one point? The dude was hopped up on all sorts of anti anxiety meds for years, probably fucked with his mind. And monarch probably just forgot why. But they both remember the hate from that party instinctively.

They probably have bad childhood dreams about each other.
>>
>>81042089
>>81042259
>>81042394
Oh come on guys, we all know Jonas and Morpho were swingers. Its incredibly likely Jonas banged Monarchs mom. Fuck, I keep thinking darker shit like Jonas orchestrated the plane crash to kill his illegitimate son, but felt bad taking out his best friend and made venturetron out of morpho.

By the way, was Red Death spot on or what? The last 2 episodes really pulled the first hal out of the garbage for me.
>>
>>81053797
Man has Rusty ever really cared about the Monarch? I think he only acknowledges him as his arch-enemy once, to Killenger, complaining about how crazy he was and hoping he got a good one this time.

I feel like Rusty thinking that getting shot was a pen exploding was a wasted opportunity to shake him up a little. Like Monarch's dominated this season so much we haven't gotten nearly enough time with the guys who's lives have totally changed, the Ventures.
>>
>>81054533
Jonas isn't evil.

He's neglectful and kind of a dick but even his worst acts had a noble motive. Like "your dad killed my dad who wasn't my dad!" is too...legitimate a motive for Monarch. Don't forget that Dr. Mrs. the Monarch knows his reason and she doesn't think its worth him ruining his career and marriage over.

Its a blood feud because Monarch can't stop himself from hating that smug prick Venture, and Jonas losing his best friend and failing to bring him back and creating a villain feels a lot more Jonas than "Guess I'll kill you to sleep with this woman I've slept with before.".
>>
>>81054591
Well col. gentalmen has stated that not everything people know of jonas is legit. We also now know Kano was Morphos man....And that he killed Jonas. But he never said WHY he did, brock just kind of assumed it was the orb and kano went quiet.

Imagine: Jonas sets up the assassination (plenty of reasons really: He had alot of dirty on Jonas' dirty work), maybe morpho threatened to sell him out for knocking his wife up. On the plane, jonas makes "an accident". Dosnt tell kano.

Years later, kano finds out, takes out Jonas for revenge, tells OSI it was orb related.

Monarch is stranded, with amnesia from the crash. Kano sends him an anonymouse letter years later: Venture is your enemy.

I thought alot about this. Would probably never happen because it gets a little too gritty for the shows humor.
>>
>>81054709
Wait, what episode do we find out about Kano killing Jonas?
>>
There are some interesting parallels between the two though. Both being trust fund inheritants who end up pissing away their fortunes and lucking into new digs via inheritances. Least of all the fact we know barely fucking anything about their parents.

As much as everyone says they wouldn't reveal them to be brothers because it's too obvious it kind of HAS to be the end result of this show. The spin of Venture Bros being hank and dean to it being rusty andjr was fun and you know for sure they're gonna pull that again. The entire show HAS to be about one specific family, and making rusty and monarch bros fits too well for them to back out now.

You KNOW that this show is gonna end with Monarch and Dr Wife coming over to the compound for christmas dinner and monarch ranting and raving and then calming down, afterwards Rusty and Monarch have a drink and begrudgingly accepting they're family but they still kinda hate each other.

I just hope we get to see it through. Metalocalypse disappearing was a little disconcerting, and AS seems to be happier throwing money at Rick and Morty and other mainstream new popular stuff like that. I really hope we get a solid bookend for VB.
>>
File: 299.png (83 KB, 247x185) Image search: [Google]
299.png
83 KB, 247x185
>Kano became a mute after killing a "great man"
>Kano was already mute before Jonas Sr. died according to Rusty
>yfw Kano never saw Jonas Sr. as a great man
>>
>>81055088
it was the first episode they mention the orb, S3E11. Broke goes to find the recordings, leads him to Kano.
>>
>>81055088
We don't. ORB implies that Kano killed Jonas, but later we find out that Sandow didn't kill Colonel Venture, he broke the ORB. Kano only says that he's taken a vow of silence in penance for killing a great man.
>>
>>81055265
brock literally says "You killed Jonas Venture...Didnt you?", and Kano goes back into silence, a look of guilt on his face. I personally think he did, though it may not have been orb related, as posted in my rant above.
>>
>>81055177
Yeah I'm guessing he took the contract on OG Blue Morpho.
>>
>>81055319
Yeah, and in a later episode its implied that all of the assumptions Brock made about the Orb and Kano were wrong, and Kano was keeping another secret.

You came up with a narrative for something you want to see, which is fine, I'm just pointing out that Kano's confirmation as Jonas's murderer was, a lot like Myra being the boys's mom, later shown to be a misdirection.
>>
>>81042487
I doubt Monarch would have been as mad if she actually fucked Wide Wale instead of giving him exclusive arching rights. They've tried swinging before.
>>
>>81051837
>The nips crap out One Piece episodes every week.

Venture Bros is not nearly as successful and popular as One Piece. Even then do you watch the anime weekly? The animation is incredibly inconsistent and usually crap.
>>
>>81054591
Jonas isn't evil, but rewatching the show he's a gigantic asshole
>sleeps with everyone's wives
>him and his team beats up innocent people or people that did a slight wrong but don't deserve to be mauled
>abandon dozens of orphans in poison gas
>locks not ant-man in a room for decades
>publicly degrades rusty
>>
>>81054533

that's exactly what I was thinking

jonas fucked the monarch's mother and he and rusty are brothers, the final twist being that they are the Venture bros the show is about
>>
>>81055319
maybe he didn't kill him, but the circumstances are embarrassing

>>81055525
Also its already written and storyboarded out as a comic while doc and jackson do almost all of the writing work
>>
File: 1444888061741.jpg (27 KB, 415x423) Image search: [Google]
1444888061741.jpg
27 KB, 415x423
>3 seasons since 24 died

How did everyone feel when it turned out Ghost 24 wasn't real
>>
>>81056347
Haven't you seen this season? He is, young Padawan.

Could be, could not be; they can still go any way they wish on the subject. It's part of the charm of Publick and Doc.
>>
File: 1432569758064.png (363 KB, 682x461) Image search: [Google]
1432569758064.png
363 KB, 682x461
>>81056347
>when 21 turns back around and no one is there
Oh god, right in my heart
>>
>>81052307
>they actually filmed 2 more episdes for this season unreleased
You're an idiot
>>
>>81041498
Only two? Hell, that's a record.
>>
>>81056864
The notion is that since they know there will be a hefty span of time between seasons they save just a tiny bit to air in the years between to soften the wait. The further notion is that by this time they actually plan for it.
>>
>>81055088
>>81055319
Jonas isn't dead.

Remember when they were burying Entman and Col. Gentleman said "First of the Venture crew to go".

Jonas isn't dead. He's just sleeping.
>>
File: where do you think we are_.jpg (96 KB, 944x712) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are_.jpg
96 KB, 944x712
>>81056347
>>
Did anyone else get the impression that this was just half a season?
So many things set up with no conclusion.

I'm hoping they'll have another season out next year and they aired half their episodes early as a "season" to tide fans over for the next 8 episodes.
>>
>>81057903
eh, I dont know, I think they kind of ment the "Venture Crew" as in the team rather then the man. But they have made complete plot lines based on very small lines like this. Who knows.
>>
>>81055605
You're half right.
Rusty and the Monarch are indeed brothers, but Monarch's mother is his "father", Blue Morpho, who is a hermaphrodite, like his butterfly namesake. Jonas didn't just swing with Morpho, he impregnated him
>>
>>81058042
Anon, that's stupid
Fuck, is that what Dr. Z was trying to hint at when he said he fucked Blue Morpho?
>>
>>81058116
Don't forget that Dr. Z himself brought in the hermaphroditic angle by saying how he himself looks feminine.
Search your feelings, you know it to be true
>>
>>81058175
God fucking dammit. And King Gorilla said he couldn't get it up to the Monarch because "he looked too much like a girl"
This is retarded. I've gone off the deep end of fan theories again
>>
>>81058210
Oh Jesus this rabbit hole goes deep. What if the mighty Monarch inherited his mother-father's qualities? Dr. Mrs. The Monarch already plays with gender norms. Have we seen the Monarch's tackle yet or just Rusty's?
>>
>>81058280
Well, he fucked Guardo. And the prostitute he fucked didn't seem freaked out post-sex until the minotaur part
Plus he's stated that Dr.Mrs. is all woman
>>
>it's "all gingers in the show are Ventures" thread
>>
>>81058042
>>81058116
>>81058175
>>81058210
>>81058280
>>81058342
>>81058362
Your all dead wrong. Monarch is a failed Rusty clone search your hearts. It makes sense.
>>
File: NtziQgQ[1].jpg (94 KB, 1268x717) Image search: [Google]
NtziQgQ[1].jpg
94 KB, 1268x717
>>81058342
>>81058280
Just look at the photo. Morpho and the woman are both standing to the right and facing left, towards Jonas.
>>
>>81058428
Why Jonas lets a failed clone play with Rusty? And their faces are not that similar actually.
>>
>>81058463
So is the Monarch.
>>
>>81058483
have we seen Rusty's mom?
>>
>>81058362
Billy isn't ginger.
>>
>>81058463
Is that butterfly pattern on her dress?
>>
Is it weird that I both really liked this season and was really disappointed in it? I can't really think of anything I disliked (aside from the new Council of Thirteen stuff which felt really ehh for the most part), but a good deal of the episodes felt kinda samey. There weren't as many goofy adventures, every episode followed a pretty similar formula. Really felt different from the rest of the show.

That said I still liked it. I want more 21 and Monarch broing out.
>>
>>81058520
yes it is
>>
>>81058478
Thats why I said 'failed', that or with blue morpho mixed in. It was made for blue morpho.
>>
>>81058512
His mother was outright redhead so he does have ginger genes either way(unless it's a dye). But that does kinda excuse him from being related to Jonas in this silly theory though.
>>
>>81044362
Shit, that was Misha? How did I not realize it.
>>
>>81058428
No, Monarch is a failed Jonas clone.
Think about it Jonas is imminently selfish. The shit he's done clearly shows that he doesn't care about little Thaddeus that much. So Jonas made a clone for himself should he die. That's why the Venture crew doesn't acknowledge his death directly. They're just waiting until the Monarch is the right age of Jonas' "Death", they implant his personality and then bam, he's back to life.

It fits with the of the show. Rusty's idea for the kid clones wasn't really his own and he fucked up his father's plan. But he fucked it up in a way that is actually oddly caring.
>>
>>81058543
It just felt half done.
Like so much set up.
And the season is over.
Like we never see the fruit of Rusty's failure to come up with anything.
We never see how the fake-Avengers work in (aside from Brock fucking Wonder Woman).
We don't see the Monarch's plan to arch Venture comes to fruition, especially after Red Death said to just fucking kill him and hide the evidence.
We don't see if Hank and Sirenia are a couple or not.
We don't see how Dean is doing at school.

It's all pretext but without any pay out.
>>
>>81058600
Clearly Monarch is actually Rusty. The Rusty we know is actually BM's son.
>>
... wait, last episode was the finale?
>>
>>81058701
I'd buy it if it weren't for JJ.
>>
>>81058713
this season was split into 2 seasons with a special between them.
>>
>>81058713
No more until the next decade.
>>
>>81058701
all this irrational hate of Rusty. Is jist because the Monarch knows deep down that he should be in Rusty's place?
>>
>>81058750
That'd be plausible if Season 5 four years ago was the same thing.
Now we're going to have 24 episode set over 8 years.
>>
>>81058726
No see that's the beauty of it. Monarch is JV's son, RV is BM's son, and JJ is the result of two different spem sources impregnating the same egg, which is 100% possible and has been done. So while they had the same mother, both fathers were biologically different. We know that BM and JV were swingers, so that's just how it ended up. Monarch is the legit son of JV, birthed by BM's wife. RV is BM's son, birthed by JV's wive, and JJ is JV's legit son birthed by his wife.
>>
Is there any possibility of the new season coming out earlier than in 2+ years?
>>
>>81058868
Is there any possibility that I find a 20 dollar bill on the ground tomorrow?
>>
>>81058881
No.
>>
So do we know anything about the boys' real mom now that Myra has been discounted?
>>
File: 1453096656096.png (236 KB, 393x428) Image search: [Google]
1453096656096.png
236 KB, 393x428
When will Doc and Publick stop being cock teases regarding pic related, just fucking do it already
>>
>>81058881
I found a bill that amounts to around 70 dollars in my country once, but it got swept away into sewer by wind.
>>
>>81058947
They're not gay, gosh.
They're just heterosexual life partners.
A 30 year old man and a 50 year old man living together is perfectly fine.
>>
>>81058947
I dont think they are gay. White maybe, but billy wants women. They are literally just best friends.

>>81058933
No idea. Still dont know if Doc has some weird genes to have 2 blonde haired children, if its an oversight, or is its just years of screwing with super science.

Interested in who Billy's mom is though. She in the team venture?
>>
>>81059120
>She in the team venture?
Probably a retired villainess
That way Rodney can know her for 40 years and not bang her yet
Because we all know that sharing is caring and Team Venture was all about caring.
>>
>>81059005
Billy is like 37-38, and White should be like 10 years older or so.
But they were kinda heavy on "shipping" jokes in latest seasons. I doubt they'd ever make them gay(although considering that main characters like Rusty and Monarch are bisexual and how no one really's having a problem with gays in this series, you know), but they could make them more honest to each other or something. Mostly White.
>>81059120
>White maybe
[citation needed]
>>
>>81059120
>They are literally just best friends
Okay, but I'm curious what is the point then of Doc & Publick including scenes like Rusty calling White Billy's boyfriend and him sitting there in ambiguous shock? I guess it could just be for a joke.

>>81059246
Yeah, White's the one who always denies that he's gay.
>>
>>81059320
>including scenes like Rusty calling White Billy's boyfriend
Because Billy's mom thinks that Billy and White are gay partners.
And they're juts running with that joke.
>>
>>81043075
Lucky is a form of competence.
>>
>>81059369
That's true, but why bother having Colonel Gentleman say it before Rusty says it? Isn't that repeating the joke if there wasn't supposed to be any meaning in Rusty saying it too? Who knows.

>>81058868
I heard there would be a between season special ala All This and Gargantua II, so it might be more bearable, regardless.
>>
>>81059509
>I heard there would be a between season special ala All This and Gargantua II, so it might be more bearable, regardless.
Yeah, and it was still 3+ years between Season 5 and Gargantua 2
>>
>>81059532
About a year and a half, actually.
>>
>>81059120
>>81059194

>retired villainess

I feel like if Triple Threat had been a villain, Brainulo wouldn't have had to mind control her to get her to attack Team Venture.
>>
>>81059644
What really?
It was mid 2013 when Gargantua 2 came out?
I swear it came out last year
>>
>>81059246
>Rusty
>Bisexual

wat
>>
File: 1457734491172.gif (2 MB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1457734491172.gif
2 MB, 500x450
>>81058042
>>
>>81059785
He flirted with talking bear what's his name.
>>
>>81059120
>No idea. Still dont know if Doc has some weird genes to have 2 blonde haired children,

It's possible if the boys' mom/Rusty's mom had blonde hair. Plus Dermott's grandma is a blonde.
>>
>>81059825
Rusty's love of Ted is purely platonic.
It's the only time in his life he's ever had someone say "I love you" and know that it was meant
>>
>>81058042
It's believable. Didn't one of the council de 5 prove Morpho had girl parts.
>>
>>81059832
>Rusty's mom
Speaking of which, I just realized we have no idea who she is.
Never really thought about it.
>>
>>81059668
S5 ended mid 2013, Gargantua 2 was early 2015.
>>
>>81059844
>Rusty's love of Ted is purely platonic.
When he was blind-folded he offered Ted to do things his girlfriend wouldn't do and something that Rusty could do with his finger. Don't remember exact phrase.
>>
>>81042337
>81042337
"I'm a SUPERVILLAIN! I shower in this cowl! I laugh at regular jokes like this, DAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"
>>
File: venture.png (153 KB, 401x505) Image search: [Google]
venture.png
153 KB, 401x505
>>81059919
Oh that was when Ted was his torturer.
Rusty's been around the block.
He's a late 40s former boy adventurer. Do you have idea what type of things he had to do in order to even get to that type of age?
He didn't have a safety net, unlike some ingrates he knows.
>>
>>81041498
I've never watched this show. Do I start with season one or later? I have yet to hear anything bad but ive heard some people say the early episodes are meh.
>>
>>81049432
He tried that once, and Hunter didn't want him.
>>
>>81060034
The show gets better over time, but the continuity is too strong to skip the early stuff. And there really aren't many "bad" episodes overall.
>>
>>81060034
Watch everything. Earlier seasons are less refined and not always pleasant to watch but not bad.
Remember the trial episode, people? That was the shit.
>>
>>81060034

Definitely start from season one. It may not be the strongest in terms of comedy, plot, or animation, but this show revolves around continuity so heavily that skipping a single episode can really mess with you later on.
>>
>>81060034
Like fine wine, it only gets better across time.
>>
>>81052063
Their problem isn't age (they're early 40s) it's that there's only the 2 of them writing the stuff, and so there's a big bottleneck. The payoff is that the writing and characters are A-MAZ-ING, but the cost is long waits between seasons. I'll take it, personally.
>>
>>81053797
Except Rusty doesn't hate Monarch at all. He gets irritated by Monarch's persistence, but doesn't hate him.
>>
>>81054591
>Don't forget that Dr. Mrs. the Monarch knows his reason

I'll need you to provide the scene where that's established.
>>
>>81054709
>We also now know Kano was Morphos man....And that he killed Jonas. But he never said WHY he did, brock just kind of assumed it was the orb and kano went quiet.

No, Brock and you assumed Kano'd killed Jonas, we still don't know what happened to Jonas. We won't before the show's cancelled, is my bet.
>>
I want to tenderly fuck Dr. Mrs. The Monarch.
>>
>>81055088
We dont. In The Orb pt 2 (?) Brock and KAno talk and Kano admits to killing "a great man" then clams up when Brock suggests it was Jonas.
>>
>>81060466

iktfb
>>
>>81060389
Not that anon, but it's in s03e08 when DMM is talking to the moppets.
>>
>>81049846
congrats on being barely 18 young padawan
>>
>>81055150
>Both being trust fund inheritants who end up pissing away their fortunes

Monarch's inheritance is not pissed away at all.

>Rusty and Monarch have a drink and begrudgingly accepting they're family but they still kinda hate each other.

Rusty doesn't hate Monarch, he's at most irritated at his arching. That would be true (is true) of every arch Rusty has.
>>
>>81060247
>early 40s
Hammer is 49 and Publick is 44. But yeah, it's mostly that they don't want to get burnt out; they've said as much in interviews.
>>
>>81060430
>we still don't know what happened to Jonas
I'm willing to bet he died in a really anti-climactic way, like all that partying in the 60s just caught up with him one day.
>>
>>81060638
"Nothing that's worth destroying a career or a marriage."

That's inconclusive. She could be saying nothing Rusty ever did could be as bad as that.
>>
In the episode where Monarch is knocked out and embarrassed by Copycat I swear to Christ it looks like Trump is in the background at the party at Wide Whales.

Pay attention when the Monarch first walks into the room
>>
>>81061198
>>
>>81060160
You are correct.
>>
>>81060034

I was hooked from S01E01; there's no reason to skip anything in the series.
>>
>>81061198
>>81061255
Trump is in the Guild?

Makes a surprising amount of sense
>>
>>81061671
Supervillain Donald Trump
I like it
>>
>>81061671
Nah, that was a private plainclothes party attended by high ranking guild officials, celebrities, politicians, and general people in high places. Trump has connections to the guild, but is not himself in it.
>>
>>81061671
I think the location of the building that Wide Wale lives in is a Trump hotel in RL New York
>>
>>81061671
Imagine the Apprentice, but for hiring henchmen.
>>
>>81061801
He has a fire theme (flaming hair) and literally burns failed henchmen when hell them that "They're fired"

Oh and Ivanka has an ice theme.
>>
>>81061671

he's like a level 4 to be honest
>>
>>81061255
Which other real life people do you think deserve to be in venture bros? I'd probably say john mcafee or karl lagerfeld
>>
>>81049061
Think they'll have another special?
>>
>>81062559
let's hope so
>>
>>81062295
Carl Sagan, Tom Petty and his Heart-takers, JFK (or the secret dog-men who assassinated him, the Grassy Gnolls), Amanda Palmer, Vermin Supreme, Elon Musk, Mason-Nixon and his Chinese sidekick Red State, Julian Assange, maybe a thinly veiled Tom Waits doubling as Old Scratch.

>>81062559
If they do, it will just cut into the next season, like Gargantua-2 did with this one.
>>
>>81058463
What episode is this?
>>
>>81063270
I'm pretty sure it's the season 5 finale.
>>
>>81063118
>Tom Petty and his Heart-Takers

that's brilliant, good job man
>>
>>81063292
No it's from much earlier in the season where Gary tries to recreate Sphinx and the Monarch and DMM infiltrate the compound as beaver inspectors
>>
what's the main problem with them not doing more episodes and less waiting time between season? is the show not watched by a lot of people? is the merchandise not selling?

just give them money AS
>>
>>81064289
Because it's a very small crew with surprisingly good animation for a comedy show.
>>
>>81064289
As has been said many times in this thread, it isn't about the money. It's because Hammer and Publick don't want to get burnt out, and because they write very slowly.

I mean hell, [as] has even poked fun at them in bumps for being so slow.
>>
>>81061198
It probably is intended to be. Monarch wasn't suppose to be in his color that night. It was a party hosted for normal civilians and guild alike. He's suppose to be in a suit.
>>
>>81066167

But it's been over two years between seasons and we are getting less episodes than we used to.
>>
>>81067984
Yeah, they said they were getting burnt out on the longer seasons.
>>
>>81060743
Man how RICH was the Blue Morpho? The Monarch's been through how many cocoons?
>>
>>81069064
rich enough for a guy like Monstroso to want to take it away, of course being a villain he probably doesn't pay taxes for the construction or social security for henchmen's
>>
>>81041603

In 6 months to a year we will hopefully get another 1 hour special.
>>
>>81054533
What if Jonas banged the Blue Morpho?
>>
>>81058042
HOLY SHIT
>>
File: lead_960.jpg (135 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
lead_960.jpg
135 KB, 960x640
>>81058042
>>81058116
>>81058175
>>81058210
>Is the Blue Morpho a hermaphrodite like his butterfly namesake?

>>81059869
>>81059832
>>81058496
>Who is Rusty's mom?

I'm just going to leave this post here and leave for a while...
>>
>>81072879
So Jonas knocked up his wing man, who had twins, and they split the double dad kids between the two?

We're getting dangerously anime here
>>
WILL GARY EVER GET LAID?
>>
File: 1458576791716.jpg (27 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1458576791716.jpg
27 KB, 720x576
>>81072879
>show originally started as only being a joke about saturday morning cartoon characters being wash-ups and their fights truly being scripted
>now it's believable that the titular Venture Brothers are actually the twin sons of a psychopathic mad scientist and his hermaphrodite wingman

These 13 years have been a wild ride
>>
>>81075293
>implying he hasn't already

Dude's been a sexy beast since season 4.
>>
>>81075523
>hermaphrodite wingman
did i miss something i don't remember any hermaphrodites
>>
File: aquaman.png (202 KB, 290x666) Image search: [Google]
aquaman.png
202 KB, 290x666
> >>81058428
> mfw I came up with this theory not long before or after S6's release
I did good.
>>
>>81075686
Dr. Z fucked Blue Morpho vaginally while Blue Morpho was disguised as a woman
>>
If they ever have a final season let it end with a bang before the Rot occurs.
>>
>>81075807
We got the perfect ending with Operation PROM
The rest is just the cherry on top
>>
File: frisky_ep018_008.jpg (73 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
frisky_ep018_008.jpg
73 KB, 1080x608
Does Red Death seem like a super-functional version of Killface to anybody else?
>>
>>81076033
Killface seemed a lot more nonchallant about the whole casual murder thing.
Red Death really really liked murder.
But he's a professional who can keep work separate from home.
>>
File: l.jpg (67 KB, 646x635) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
67 KB, 646x635
Why was Brock so great this season?
>>
>>81076140
Trick question Brock is always great.
>>
Where the fuck was Orpheus this season?
His house burned down too.
>>
>>81041498
Which one of you fucks is in a bidding war with me for the Mr.s Monarch XL shirt on eBay???
>>
File: halp.jpg (55 KB, 573x492) Image search: [Google]
halp.jpg
55 KB, 573x492
What if HELPeR is Monarch's dad?
>>
>>81076330
Phage imitating HELPeR fucking killed me in the finale
>>
File: vb.png (47 KB, 1901x594) Image search: [Google]
vb.png
47 KB, 1901x594
All episodes are up finally. Except gargantua 2 which is sitting at 9.4
>>
>>81076383
You and me both.
>>
>>81076209
yeah im still really upset about the lack of orpheus myself
>>
>>81076768
I miss the OSI guys as well. The new characters aren't replacing them very well
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.