[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HYPOTHETICAL: >Batman v. Superman: Title of Longevity fails
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: dc studios.jpg (22 KB, 1000x647) Image search: [Google]
dc studios.jpg
22 KB, 1000x647
HYPOTHETICAL:

>Batman v. Superman: Title of Longevity fails to reach 1 billion
>investors frantically try to put the pieces back together
>DC Studios emerges from the ashes of Warner Bros. in a last ditch effort to rival Marvel Studios
>finally you, as president of DC Studios, have creative control with the greatest DC writers and experts at your disposal

What film to you start with to save this new DC Cinematic Universe?
What films do you have to follow up?
Who will you choose to direct this first film? Who will write it?
What will you do to differentiate your DCCU from the trainwreck known as the DCEU?
>>
Replace Cyborg with Martian Manhunter and adapt the dcau origin.
>>
>>81040168
Get someone from the industry to lead it. Even Grant Morrison could do a better job of creative leadership than whoever's running the ship at WB right now.
>>
>>81040168

I make a Captain Marvel movie that you can happily let your 4-year old watch unattended.
>>
The DCEU is proceeding as planned tho
>>
>>81040168
Let Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>81040168
Grant Morrison for the story bible
Guillermo Del Toro to tackle JL movies
Not sure about the rest but Guillermo Del Toro + Grant Morrison is something I've wanted to see for a while
>>
>>81040285
>Doesn't know what "HYPOTHETICAL" means
return to /tv/ and remain there
>>
File: 1431516791698.jpg (714 KB, 1440x2213) Image search: [Google]
1431516791698.jpg
714 KB, 1440x2213
>>81040168

>More creative control to Goeff Johns, Grant Morrison, a few other niggas who actually like comics
>Snyder is gone from directing anything. He can give pointers on visuals or fight scenes but that's it
>Task Wilkinson to keep more traditional on designs. Not because 'MUH CHANGES" but sticking to what works wastes less time and money dicking around on things that might not be better than the comic designs

>Keep Dick Grayson alive
>Captain Marvel film is an adaptation of Curse of Shazam
>Have Patrick Warburton audition for Captain Marvel just for fun, if he's actually good offer him the role
>Get a Legion of Superheroes film somewhere down the line
>Eisenberg MUST get buff/a little more calm and collected as a result of his prison stay
>Man of Steel sequel with Braniac or Luthor pulling strings to make villains while in prison
>In Aquaman movies Kahina and Yawara are naked all the time just because I like it
>>
>>81040168
Suicide Squad is probably in post-production. It's getting released.

If your scenario comes true, WB would double down on that film to keep the DCEU ship afloat. In order for them to scrap everything and create a new studio, that movie would have to be just as dead on arrival as BvS. I doubt that's very likely. The DCEU will be on life support for at least one more film afterwards, with its fate to be determined by that film's success. Though, I doubt Goyer and Snyder will be welcomed back.
>>
Is it possible that we can turn this all around with future installments? For the sake of argument lets pretend BvS is a LONG extension to MoS that ultimately (and rather clumsily) laid the groundwork for the DCEU. That being said, with the prep work done, can we save it by having WW, Flash, and Aquaman being focused narratives? I mean from what Ive gathered the audience reception is still okay with most of whats there, it just needs work.
>>
>>81040575

General audiences are being favorable to BvS right now. It should be enough to gaurantee sequels, and two more movies are already on the way.

What COULD turn out for the best is that they make enough money to justify going forward, but bad reviews give them reason enough to can Snyder and anyone else who's held the franchises back.

It'll take a lot of luck, but possible.
>>
>>81040575
Probably. Suicide Squad still looks good and is being made by a competent film maker who's known for being an actors director. Wonder Woman could be good. The director is good and understands the character and Geoff Johns is heavily involved. Though I have a bad feeling that Deborah Snyder is sticking her nose too much into that one.
>>
>>81040168
Reboot the whole thing. Start out with solo films for Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman to make Batman vs Superman. Get someone other than Snyder to direct the movie. Release the other films for Flash and Aquaman to make the Justice League Movie. As another Anon said in this thread, replace Cyborg with Martian Manhunter. Keep Shazam and Green Lantern Corps the same
>>
>>81040655
>>81040667
You know Id hate to put blame solely on one individual but Zack has got to go. Aquaman and Flash sound promising considering the material theyre looking at for inspiration. What I think needs to happen though from here on out is A:focused narratives that arent heavy on sequel/world building and B: less importance on symbolism and a heavy handed message.
>>
>>81040865

>B: less importance on symbolism and a heavy handed message.

This. It's fine for Clark to be religious considering he grows up in Kansas and a lot of versions of the character have him as such, but constant comparisons to Jesus get silly after a while. Making him wait until he's 33 until he becomes a hero just to make one of them limits what you can do.

I don't find it sacrilegious or anything, but it means they don't think the character can stand on his own without comparisons to something like that. Let Superman just be Superman. The Donner movies started that retarded shit too.
>>
>>81040865
Yeah, I gave him a pass for MoS cause it seemed more like a Goyer problem trying to insert Superman into the Nolan Batman movies, but Snyder is just incompetent at this point. He simply doesn't understand film making beyond taking pretty pictures. All of his movies feel like short clips stitched together at the very end with no cohesion or flow.
>>
Launch JLA 1 which is forever evil
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.