[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Essential /co/ core?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Dale.jpg (91 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dale.jpg
91 KB, 1440x1080
What are the favorite comics and cartoons of this board?
>>
>>81039905
animated films are acceptable, in case that wasn't clear
>>
>>81039905

>TV shows

Pretty much all the classic Nicktoons
Pretty much all the classic Cartoon Cartoons
Gravity Falls
Phineas and Ferb
Adventure Time
Over the Garden Wall
The Legend of Korra
Daria
Classic Simpsons
King of the Hill

>movies
Disney movies
Pixar movies
Dreamworks movies
Don Bluth movies
Song of the Sea
Bakshi movies
Looney Tunes shorts

>comics
Watchmen
V for Vendetta
From Hell
The Dark Knight Returns
Batman: Year One
Batman: The Long Halloween
All-Star Superman
Kingdom Come
Sandman
Transmetropolitan
Invisibles
Hellboy
Doom Patrol
Swamp Thing
Runaways
Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Ex Machina
Y: The Last Man
Pride of Baghdad
Saga
Maus
American Splendor
Love and Rockets
Strangers in Paradise
Palestine
A Contract with God
>>
They're not western cartoons, but /co/ very much appreciates Digimon and Dragon Ball Z far more than their appropriate board does.
>>
>>81040140
pretty much what everyone else likes, then?
>>
>>81040322
Anime is an essential with 2000 onward cartoons, and even some before that.
A lot of western animation take inspiration from anime and it is just amazing knowing the impact of what was taken from Japan into our cartoons.

It's like needing to know the bible to get our modern media. So many references and stories are taken from the bible and used in western culture.
>>
File: 1441547245370.png (95 KB, 293x286) Image search: [Google]
1441547245370.png
95 KB, 293x286
>>81039905
Get your own taste anon, /co/ in general have a shit taste.
>>
File: ia1rpok63o1_1280.jpg (581 KB, 1280x1673) Image search: [Google]
ia1rpok63o1_1280.jpg
581 KB, 1280x1673
>>81039905
>>
>>81039905
Lumberjanes
Steven Universe
Bee and Puppycat
Homestuck
Shortpacked
>>
>>81041490
u havin a giggle m8?
>>
File: he frequents mu and lit.png (209 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
he frequents mu and lit.png
209 KB, 500x293
>>81039905
>core

fuck off back to /mu/ with the rest of the people with shit taste
>>
>>81041306
Moral Oral never clicked for me, I just never got into it, I know what it had going for it, and all that but for some reason it never really gelled with me.

Watched the entire thing and for some reason I just remained stone faced.
>>
I don't believe there are people on this board that don't like the early peanuts comics. Of corse, there's pleanty of diagreement of when to stop.
>>
Hellboy
Bone
And Sam and Max, too bad it's a dead series
>>
>>81041657
You probably just had a different upbringing. It really resonated with me because it went into little things that were apart of my childhood. The different way Christine's family said the lords prayer and Orals families reaction was hilarious. I also like the personality each character had by the end of the show. They each had a small amount of depth by the end of it.
>>
do most people on here like bill plympton?
i watched a lot of his films on late night hbo and it really resonated with me, also o canada which they used to show on adult swim as well, I feel like nothing in north american animation can really scratch the itch those left me with
>>
>>81040140
Half of this is shit and 96% of the other half is painfully mediocre
>>
>>81042759
Everyone loves Bill Plympton man. Or at least I also do.

Anyway to add to the general pile of suggestions, I'd throw in Bojack Horseman, the classic seasons of The Simpsons and Mission Hill.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.