[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY the fuck would WB put Zack Snyder in charge of the DCEU?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: Zack_Snyder.jpg (903 KB, 1000x1380) Image search: [Google]
Zack_Snyder.jpg
903 KB, 1000x1380
WHY the fuck would WB put Zack Snyder in charge of the DCEU? Fucking WHY?
>>
The same reason that Abrams is in charge of Star Wars. They have a ruthless grasp of how to create films that make lots of money no matter how good or bad they are.
>>
>>81021838
This is why Micheal Bay is in charge of Transformers, in fact he may have proven that this practice is completely legit. If you want to string someone up for string him up because he's the one that showed studios it's possible.
>>
>>81021764
I don't think any other director wanted to be in charge. They really should have brought in more comic people.
>>
>>81021764
because WB doesn't care about /co/'s opinions

and why should they?
>>
>>81021892
at least with with a Bay film you have some fun. He's the master I think he's the only one who can do it
>>
The worst thing is that while Zack Snyder's best film he's ever made is only a 75% on Rotten Tomatoes, and that's only because of a remake, he's still going to be rich, famous, and have a better life than all of us. Even if he gets booted by WB, he's still going to continue making boatloads of money with his shitty movies.
>>
>>81021764
Blame his wife
>>
>>81021838
Abrams isnt in charge of star wars. He was only hired to do 1 movie. Rian Johnson is in charge of the 2nd one.
>>
I honestly can't think of a reason. I was going to attempt humor but I fucking can't. Get this retard away from movies I care about.
>>
File: Consider The Following Peach.png (166 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Consider The Following Peach.png
166 KB, 400x400
>>81021764
He was one of their payroll guys. Look at all his movies, its almost entirely WB.

300 did really well despite shit reviews. It was a pop culture moment.

So they bankrolled his future projects off that goodwill and he was the one that wanted to make Watchmen to "save it from the Terry Gilliams of the world" which is such a hilariously arrogant thing to say.

So then WB, who historically has not given a single fuck about comic book properties, HAS to make a Superman movie. Watchmen didn't do great, but he's still their comic book guy.

Seriously, look at the short list for MoS. Snyder was the only one that even presented a pitch that even resembled Superman.

So here we are. Cause WB just doesn't care.
>>
Because he makes great fucking movies for specific audiences with specific prererences in certain brand characters and the other audiences will see the film regardless because of the brand.
>>
>>81022330
>wanted to make Watchmen to "save it from the Terry Gilliams of the world"
Jesus Christ what an asshole. And what an odd choice for person to randomly be disrespectful to for no reason.

>Seriously, look at the short list for MoS. Snyder was the only one that even presented a pitch that even resembled Superman.

When you put it that way, it makes sense why they would continue with him but even though Man of Steel was good in reality, it still got scathing reviews. Why didn't they broaden their search when looking for someone to do Man of Steel?
>>
>>81022392
>Because he makes great fucking movies for specific audiences with specific prererences

This the exact reason you don't give a tentpole franchise to a niche director. Im not even shitting on snyder, i dont care if he is good or bad. But if only a narrow demo actually likes his stuff, he should not be in charge of a franchise meant for mass appeal
>>
>>81021838
Sucker Punch and Watchmen didn't exactly sweep the box office. They weren't failures either, but he's not some blockbuster maestro like you're suggesting
>>
>>81022445
Because they just don't care. Man of Steel could have been literally the worst movie ever made, but it did make a lot of money, and as long as Snyder keeps making movies that bring in a lot of money, he's allowed to fuck with whatever property he wants.
>>
>>81022445
>even though Man of Steel was good in reality
>>
>>81022506
Everything except the relentless infinite ending of global destruction and murder.
>>
>>81022506
Different people have different opinions. As a person who though Man of Steel was complete shit, you should fuck off.
>>
>>81022445
I remembered that a long time back that the rumor was that WB wanted to get a movie made soon because of the conflict they were having with the Siegel estate over Superman, so they decided on Snyder because he was reliable and could get stuff done faster.
>>
>>81022392
>Because he makes great fucking movies
Zack and/or Deborah Snyder pls leave
>>
>>81022445
>even though Man of Steel was good in reality

I dont hate it like most of /tv/ or /co/, but it really fell apart in the 3rd act. Was going great up until then.
>>
>>81022470
I disagree.
After 5 movies with same style and tone mostly I think it's fair to experiment.

Jason goes to hell is maligned as its so radically different from the rest of the f13 series but it in fact is ones of the franchises best films, has one of the most mature well acted cast of the series. Great gore and some damn good chase scenes and overall is one of the best body swapping films out there Comparable to if not better then The Hidden.
>>
>>81021764
He's such a smug fuck and he has literally 0 reasons to be.
>>
>>81022662
He thinks he's a talented artiste because his movies are unbearably serious in a teenage faggot sort of way.
>>
>>81021764
He has a history with comic book films (300, Watchmen). Problem is that WB hired a fanboy instead of a filmmaker.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-23-13-00-52.png (999 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-23-13-00-52.png
999 KB, 1920x1080
>>81022533
>Global
It's 1 small town and a 5th of the down town of 1 city bro.
>>
>>81021764
No idea, I hope BvS fails so hard that he gets sacked for good. Fuck Snyder.
>>
>>81022176
nobody from /co/ deserves any form of success
>>
>>81022815
You're not /co/. Men are /co/.
>>
File: 1438494998565.jpg (90 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
1438494998565.jpg
90 KB, 500x265
What gets me is seeing Marvel put all these comedic directors in charge, like Whedon, Gunn, the Russos, Favreau, Wright, some who have zero experience with action, let alone a big budget cape movie and absolutely dominate the super hero movie landscape.

Meanwhile DC hires Snyder, the quintessential all flash, no substance action director, he fucks up not just one, but two movies and they have him down to stay involved with the rest of DCCU.

My point is when will DC stop and think, "Hey what is Marvel doing to be successful that we aren't?"
>>
Because integrity? True to the source? What's that?

WB only cares about two things: slapping a bunch of heroes together to capitalize on Avengers, and having it make Avengers-level profits. Who cares if it's actually good or not? Why bother building up to it like Marvel did? Rush that shit!
>>
>>81022873
If they'd realize that it's the name recognition that's making these movies a success, rather than the director, they could actually hire competent people, probably for a much lower price.
>>
>>81022873
I guess its because Marvel has a Feige who probably has perfected a safe formula for knowing what audiences and critics will generally like. Also we have only seen Snyder films. I'm really curious about Wonder Woman cos I think SS will do pretty good. If all of the solo movies for the rest of the Justice League are good then the only problem would be Snyder.
>>
>>81022902
>Why bother building up to it like Marvel did? Rush that shit!
I like how /co/ would always jump down your throat if you even suggested that "copying" Marvel's formula might possibly be a good idea. Every time someone even remotely suggests it, it's always:

>"How DARE DC try to do new things?"
>"You can have a cinematic universe with all sorts of established, named characters in the background! Just look at Star Wars and the X-Men movies!"
>"No, shut up, it'll be good!"

I mean, come on.
>>
>>81023048
DC's business plan for the shared universe is a facsimile of Marvel's, except with no direction and less talent. That's their whole fucking problem.
>>
>>81023048
You do realize that MoS was rushed into production so WB could hold onto the movie rights, right?

Do you think shoving Batman and Wonder Woman into said sequel doesn't seem like a rush move either?

For fuck sake anon, Justice League is supposed to release NEXT YEAR.
>>
>>81023133
The problem is that DC is worried people will get tired of superhero movies, so they rushed the whole thing and wanted to have Avengers even though they only made one solo movie.
>>
>>81023133
>DC's business plan for the shared universe is a facsimile of Marvel's, except with no direction and less talent. That's their whole fucking problem.
Not so far. Marvel never did anything like BvS.

>>81023164
I was agreeing with him.
>>
>>81023164
>For fuck sake anon, Justice League is supposed to release NEXT YEAR.

My God, will that be a shitshow.

>Alfred, Darkseid's escaped! Recruit a team of superheroes with attitude!
>IT'S JUSTICE TIME!
>FLASH!
>AQUA!
>CYBORG!
>GREEN!
>BOOBS!
>BATS!
>JESUS!
>>
>>81022632
When you try to apply the same principles to super hero movies, you get BvS and MoS

Its not the same. Now if David Ayer can't salvage the franchise the entire DCEU is in danger.
>>
>>81023164

>5 movies in 4 years before Avengers
bravo Marvel

>4 movies in 5 years before Justice League
rushed, WB are idiots
>>
>>81022330
>who historically has not given a single fuck about comic book properties
Except TDK and its sequel were some of the highest grossing movies of all time and they had originally planned to launch a shared universe with Batman Begins, Superman Returns and their planned Green Lantern movie.
>>
>>81023231
>Marvel never did anything like BvS.
It never did an ensemble film where your favorite characters initially clash but team up to defeat a great evil?
>>
>>81023254
Context.

Marvel slowly built up to the Avengers through solo movies.

Meanwhile, WB followed up a Superman reboot with a JL pilot, before JL Part One and Two.
>>
>>81023164
Given that they delayed BVS I don't think WB is really rushing as badly as you portray. It's possible that Snyder just thought having Batman and Wonder Woman in a sequel was a good idea. And I can imagine someone(besides Snyder) making a really good movie out of that. Its not an inherently flawed idea. I think WB is just generally incompetent, that doesn't necessarily mean rushing.
>>
>>81021764

Snyder delivered with 300 and Watchmen two comicbook movies that will be remembered in kino history for years... meanwhile at Marvel, they can be lucky if people still talk about Avengers in 10 years.
>>
>>81023254
>counting Suicide Squad as build up to Justice League
wut

And Wonder Woman is a prequel set almost 100 years ago. We've already met her in BvS. That's not much of a build up either.
>>
>>81023251
Definitely have higher hopes on that film now. David Ayer has proved time and time again that he is a great director/writer. If SS doesn't provide a high paced "fun" thrill ride, DCEU is going to die. WW will be dead in the water. I'm apprehensive, but I still have hope.
>>
>>81023354
Snyder, shouldn't you be trying to make more shitty movies?
>>
>>81023354
back in my day, shitposting meant something
>>
>>81023336
Uh, not in the same way as BvS.

Because BvS is part-MoS follow up, part-JL prequel, part introduction to Batman, WW, the Flash, and Aquaman.

It doesn't neatly fall into any one category like anything Marvel does. It is messy.
>>
>>81023354

>implying Watchman wasn't a fucking failure of a movie
>>
>>81023251
In danger of what, making lots of money?
>>
>>81023354
>300
known for a couple meme
>Watchmen
general audience doesn't remember watchmen at all except maybe giant blue dick
>>
>>81023348
Normally I'd agree with you, but JL is supposed to start filming next week.

Thats a lot of wasted money if they delay it.
>>
>>81022873
The russos hadn't even directed a film at the time, they had only worked on tv like arrested development. You have far more control over smaller directors, who are more likely to follow the companys vision. Hell, gareth edwards got the godzilla film for reasons like these.

And zack snyder decided who was right in character disagreements with actors in bvs by having pushup competitions with them on set.
>>
>>81023418
>In danger of what, making lots of money?

In danger is becoming a joke for this generation of movie goers. Like the first xmen trilogy. Which would prompt yet another reboot.
>>
>>81023414
Iron Man 2 is probably the closest. Imagine Iron Man 2 if Marvel had made it about Captain America fighting him and cameo'd or foreshadowed all of the rest of the Avengers.
>>
>>81023341
>Marvel slowly built up to the Avengers through solo movies.
They did 3 solo movies (IM, Thor, Cap) that built up to the Avengers.

>Meanwhile, WB followed up a Superman reboot with a JL pilot, before JL Part One and Two.
Man of Steel introduced Superman
Batman v Superman reintroduced Batman
Wonder Woman solo explores WW

3 vs. 3... I dont see how thats such a big difference.
>>
File: 1458744942777.jpg (55 KB, 626x438) Image search: [Google]
1458744942777.jpg
55 KB, 626x438
Buckle up, boys, it's gonna be a long three years.
>>
>>81023547
>implying he's not fired after BvS underperforms due to bad reviews
>>
>>81023391

>Wonder Woman is set in WW1
>not a build up

>Captain America is set in WW2
>build up
>>
>>81023540
im 1 and 2, cap and thor = 4

oh and they promoted the shit out of cap and iron man. i didnt see anywhere near the kind of promotion for the 1st supes or this one
>>
>>81023472
>And zack snyder decided who was right in character disagreements with actors in bvs by having pushup competitions with them on set.

you're fucking kidding me
>>
>>81023391
The phase 1 origin Marvel movies were pretty disconnected as well, apart from the scenes at the end.
>>
File: 1429486024702.jpg (53 KB, 648x484) Image search: [Google]
1429486024702.jpg
53 KB, 648x484
>>81023418
>lots of money
About that.
If memory serves the budget for BvS was about $450mil, and the rule of thumb is a movie has to make at least twice it's budget to be considered profitable.

Now I'm not saying $900mil isn't likely, Hell people will see it just because they recognized the names Batman and Superman, but the reviews aren't exactly helping.
>>
>>81023676
he's a manlet. must be compensating.
>>
>>81023540
>They did 3 solo movies (IM, Thor, Cap) that built up to the Avengers.

Also Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2 introduced Black Widow.
>>
>>81023597
They didn't kick his ass to the curb after MoS, but maybe WB will learn after BvS.

Maybe.
>>
>>81023699
It's not just that. I suspect WB expected BvS to gross in excess of 1.5 billion. When they realize bad management or creative lost them several hundred million dollars, heads will roll.
>>
>>81022186

Abrams has overall creative control of the franchise.
>>
>>81023699
>the budget for BvS was about $450mil
It was $250mil for production and $200mil for marketing (which is never included in these things for other movies), most of which is probably already paid back with sponsor deals.
They're not gonna lose money.
>>
>>81023038
>Wonder Woman
That is literally a ghostbusters remake tier movie.
I mean if you know you're making a WW standalone then at least cast an actress with more charisma than a spoopy skellington.
>>
File: 7997.jpg (26 KB, 351x400) Image search: [Google]
7997.jpg
26 KB, 351x400
Can someone post that image that """""""proved""""""" that this was gonna be great because Zack's a good boy and his entire career of incompetency and garbage was always the WRITERS' FAULT?
>>
>>81023765

But you just know that whatever they do make, to WB it won't be enough.
>>
>>81023711
>Incredible Hulk
not canon, basically rebooted with the recast

>Iron Man 2 introduced Black Widow
who gives a fuck bout Black Widow?
thats like saying BvS introduced Aquaman
psshhh...
>>
>>81023821
>not canon
>Stark appears post credits
>Ross is played by the same actor in CW
come on
>>
>>81023758
Then why Johnson pushed production back to rewrite the second movie the moment he signed his contract (which stipulated he had right to do so)?

Abrams has a producer bill but they are giving filmmakers control over the stuff.
>>
>>81022186
He set up the entire course of the franchise before leaving.
>>
>>81023547
>Hasn't made a single movie that's worth watching multiple times
>Here's control over a whole cinematic universe
Where do I sign up as a director
>>
>>81023854

Of course, it wouldn't be realistic for Johnson to not have a lot of leeway. But to the extent that anybody is "in charge" of Star Wars, that person is Abrams.
>>
>>81023937

he tricked them bigwig execs good

Snyder is a master conman
>>
>>81023616
>we meet Captain America in his movie leading to Avengers
>we don't meet WW in her movie, its just between her debut and JL
>>
>>81022330
>he was the one that wanted to make Watchmen to "save it from the Terry Gilliams of the world" which is such a hilariously arrogant thing to say.

This reminds me of when Kevin Smith talked shit about Paul Thomas Anderson. Hilarious.
>>
>>81024063
tbf Gilliams script sounded pretty shit.
It apparently was gonna end with Manhattan travelin back in time to stop the events of the movie from ever happening. Than the main characters would be transported to the alternate timeline (but still with their original personalities).
>>
>>81021764
His wife.

Good old nepotism.
>>
>>81024136
Also, the alternate time line would be "our" world, and some guy would be reading Watchmen and shout something at them. Something like that I think.
>>
>>81024063

I think his quote is taken out of context (Snyder's).

Gillian gives zero fucks about the original material and his adaptation showed it. Snyder meant he wanted to keep out of the hands of people who respect the source material. (Even if he fucked it up himself by missing the point of it)
>>
>>81024181
Shame there was no one to save it from the Zack Snyders of the world.
>>
>>81024174
>>81024136

kinda like time bandits. kek

Gillian knows or at least knew how to make fun shit at least. I would liked to see his take on a capefilm
>>
>>81024040
The Lucas Story Group has overall editorial control though. they literally vet everything from scrips to bubblegum
>>
>>81024319
i like how they trashed the EU just to slowly rehash it back in
>>
>>81024379
It was obvius they were going to buffet table it. Its the best option.
>>
>>81024054
>we meet Captain America in his movie leading to Avengers
>we meet WW in two movies leading to Justice League
>>
>>81023821
The point of mentioning Black Widow is that over the course of 5 movies Marvel introduced 4 "main heroes" and 1-2 "minor heroes" all prepared for Avengers.

WB is trying to introduce 5-6 main heroes in just 3 films, and a seventh in the movie that's the collab. It's messy. Marvel gave each of its big heroes at least 1 movie to intro as a solo so people are used to them. Batman and WW are just crammed into a Supes sequel and Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg aren't even getting solos to intro them before JL hits.
>>
>>81023354
Snyder drop off the internet, remember WB's hitmen can probably know your location from your smartphone.
>>
>>81023821
>not canon
Not only was TiH referenced in Avengers, fucking Thunderbolt Ross is in Civil War
>>
>>81023821
>rebooted with the recast

so Iron Man 2 was a reboot since Rhodey was recast?
>>
>>81023354
>300
>Awful CG and everything is black and white
>Watchmen
>Awful CG, everything is black and white and the message of the comic was completely butchered
>>
>>81024701
300 was actually perfect fitting for the source material and improved it a bit.

The problem is that he just kept doing everything that same way.
>>
>>81023676
It's just as stupid as it sounds.

DC is getting dudebros in charge of their movies.
>>
>>81025102
i mean i knew he was a meathead but wow, some people just go out of their way to be living stereotypes don't they
>>
>>81025736

He is a 21st century artist who is ahead of his time and makes films too deep and profound to be understood by the majority of people. It is only fair that artistic disagreements are settled with a contest of physical prowess.
>>
>>81023472
Russos did Welcome to colingwood, which is a fantastic fucking movie with William H Macy. See it.
>>
>>81024181
This is an over correction.

Okay yeah. Sometimes a legitimate fucking artist like Gilliam is a bad choice for adaptation because his own creative vision is going to overpower the source material.

That doesn't mean one should hire a fucking hack.

At the end of the day, Tim Burton's batman was more good than bad, and probably had as big an impact on the character as frank miller's TDKR.
>>
>>81021764
Nolan personally recommend him for the role.

Snyder was the only one up to the task of creating a Superman film against the clock for the legal right issues.

He probably decided to take on the "Feige" role.

And WB didn't search enough.

WB is a mess right now. Dunno if Tsujihara's fault...
>>
>>81024136
>>81024181
in the end gilliam deemed the project unfilmable and left voluntarily though
>>
>>81023331
Yes, they do give a fuck about money. So again:
>who historically has not given a single fuck about comic book properties
>>
>>81023676
>5' 7"
I call bull shit, he has a fuckton less distance to actually push up.

Shenanigans.
>>
>>81022902
They tried to build it up with Green Lantern. And well.....
>>
>>81021764
They want guaranteed amounts of small money rather than risk it on some other guy who may make them alot of money or may make them broke
>>
>>81027078
>They want guaranteed amounts of small money
>BATMAN v SUPERMAN
Yeah right
>>
>>81025200
not when it comes to reviews and box office it seems
>>
>>81022873
This is the reason Marvel is so good. Comedy directors understand things like narrative tension, dialogue pacing, character. Then you just get good choreographers for the action. Director takes a back seat for those parts and people love the action because they care about the characters.
The you put an action guy like Snyder in charge and you just get big dumb action no one cares about for two hours and forty five minutes.
>>
>>81021764
think transformers. Critics shit all over it but they still sell.
>>
>>81027659

Calling Snyder an action director a longshot

Miller is an action director when he wants to be, abrams and that guy from the fast&furious movies too.

Snyder is a "visuals" director. He constantly attempts to make a visually shocking 2 hour trailer.
>>
File: 1448766108885.gif (953 KB, 330x300) Image search: [Google]
1448766108885.gif
953 KB, 330x300
>>81021764
I WANT HIM HANGED

IN PUBLIC

I WANT TO PISS ON HIS CORPSE AND TELL HIM HIS CAREER WAS JUST THE DREAM OF A CHRISTIAN SCIENTIST FROM WISCONSIN
>>
>>81028428

i like superman and i like cavil

i just dont like the snyder movies.
>>
>movies doing terribly critically and amazing commercially has never happened before
It might not do awesome but it is definitely going to make money
>>
>>81028691
The question is whether it's going to make a billion

If it doesn't make at least close to that it's a failure based on how much the budget for it was
>>
>>81028789
is that you just making shit up or has some DC guy said that
>>
>>81028691
I don't think that has been in doubt.

Its definitely going to make money, but it is a movie so costly with so much hanging on its success that even "just" making 800m would be a failure for WB, even if that recoups the investment twice. Also would put in doubt the entire plan ahead that hinges on Snyder's vision.
>>
>>81022873

Marvel has a good producer in Feige.

Also, the comedy background helps in another way.

Pacing.

Effective commedy requires good timing, which results from good direction/edition.

The result is that the movies end up having steady pace, which is why you can make AOU, which is about as long as MOS, and doesn't feel it.
>>
>>81028814
That's the business
>>
http://www.slashfilm.com/man-of-steel-death-toll-star-wars/

>I went, really? And I said, well, what about [‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’]? In ‘Star Wars’ they destroy five planets with billions of people on them. That’s gotta be one of the highest death toll movies in history, the new ‘Star Wars’ movie, if you just do the math.

SNYDER HATERS BTFO
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7165569
>>
>>81023414

IM2 is the closest Marvel has done to BvS, but that juggled less plots.
>>
>>81029071
>Darth Vader can kill millions, so Superman can too

Yeah. btfo, Snyder gets it
>>
>>81023616

There are two key differences in these two.

Cap we met in TFA, which led directly to Avengers.

We've already seen WW being set up for JL, and the WW movie could potentially be just her backstory with no ties to the future project.
>>
>>81023821

>not canon, basically rebooted with the recast

Avengers and IM2 make references to it, and Ross is all over the Civil War trailer.

Try again.
>>
>>81023354
300, yes, Watchmen no one remembers now
>>
>>81021838
Snyder sucks at box office.

Abrams is also actually an OK director. (Not the best, but I don't want to argue about him here.)
>>
File: Snyderfag Delusion.png (404 KB, 1898x405) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfag Delusion.png
404 KB, 1898x405
>>81023799
I have this?
>>
File: 1394774360502.jpg (88 KB, 912x317) Image search: [Google]
1394774360502.jpg
88 KB, 912x317
>>81030930
>>
>>81030930
>standing ovation

I don't get why people keep using this as a point in a movie's favor.

Literally every pre-screen review I read these days points out the movie gets a standing ovation. It's a meaningless compliment at this point.
>>
>>81025200
Yeah, that's always what I look for in a movie director
>>
File: Why_would_you_do_this.png (103 KB, 449x334) Image search: [Google]
Why_would_you_do_this.png
103 KB, 449x334
>>81030981
What the fuck, why did this post make me so sad?
>>
>people on /co/ REALLY want 3 more films by Snyder
lmao for what purpose
>>
>>81032852

we like art and actually smart super hero films that deconstruct the concept?
>>
>>81033211
Stop strawmanning us faggot. You're making DC fans look like a bunch of teenage faggots on purpose. Fuck you.
>>
>>81030981
Just for that, I'm gonna save that image and post it in whatever relevant thread I can find.
>>
>>81027659

This.

Case and point. Jackie fucking Chan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ
>>
>>81021764
because fuck you, that's why
>>
>>81023758
No he doesn't.
>>
>>81024040
>But to the extent that anybody is "in charge" of Star Wars, that person is Abrams.
No, that person is Kathleen Kennedy.
>>
>>81033666
That's it. I'm out. We lost.
>>
>mfw I can still hear the horses
>>
>>81034022

Oh piss off you smarmy little dipshit.
>>
File: 2fRD6PZ.png (205 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
2fRD6PZ.png
205 KB, 500x333
>>81033872
>his best movie is just 75% fresh
Once again, who's fucking idea was it to involve this fucker in every Goddamn movie?
That being said, I liked Dawn of the Dead '04.
>>
>>81022022

This. I bet Snyder was the only one in the whole company who ever opened a comic book.
>>
>>81021764
daily reminder this is the genius that /co/ has been dickriding hard for the last couple of months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3byJxc9Vc
>>
>>81021838
Hack Snyder is not a blockbuster genius, there's literally no reason to keep this guy in charge of DCEU after a disappointment like MoS.
>>
>>81034633
jesus christ, he's actually a retard
>>
>>81034633
How is someone this retarded so arrogant?
>>
>>81034633
>If you ask a novel writer "who are your biggest influences" and he doesn't know, you assume he is a terrible writer and has read nothing
>If you ask an artist which other artists inspire him and he doesn't answer, he is consider an amateur and an ignorant
>They ask Zack Snyder which movies influence him and he doesn't even know what to answer, so he goes for crowd favorite Star Wars.

Hack. H A C K.
>>
>>81033872
MoS is only $291m box office.

That's.... underwhelming.
>>
File: dumb people.jpg (56 KB, 625x351) Image search: [Google]
dumb people.jpg
56 KB, 625x351
>>81034984
Snyder obviously thinks he is very smart. He might actually be one of the dumbest people in Hollywood, at least one of the dumbest directors.

Btw this image applies to all the posters who think his movies are smart and deep. You are all retarded.
>>
>>81030930
>1.jpg
>>
File: i'll be in hell.jpg (316 KB, 638x868) Image search: [Google]
i'll be in hell.jpg
316 KB, 638x868
>>81035148
>"haha capekino what a meme, /tv/ are such a bunch of kooky funsters"
>remember it's based on shit people actually believe
>>
File: Clinton's O Face.jpg (26 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
Clinton's O Face.jpg
26 KB, 620x350
>>81034633
>he cant even just throw out a famous directors name like Kubrick or the Cohens
>it takes him two minutes to just throw out a single movie name and thats after the questioner has to give him another question
how is it possible to be this retarded
>>
>check RT again

>35% rating

>82% of audiences like it so far

I can't believe it's still in freefall.
>>
File: Homer Laugh.gif (3 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Homer Laugh.gif
3 MB, 256x192
>>81035160
that guy is amazing, he's been all over /co/ for the last two weeks and now he's nowhere to be seen

i think he killed himself
>>
>>81036199
if the audience hits 70%, that's critical mass for a flop. when one person out of three comes out saying it was shit, it's game over.
>>
Anyone want to bet on the over/under for when Snyder starts blaming everyone else for not understanding his vision?
>>
>>81028953
>which is why you can make AOU, which is about as long as MOS, and doesn't feel it.
You picked literally the worse example in the entire MCU
>>
File: 1435186932779.png (599 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1435186932779.png
599 KB, 640x480
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
Fuck ive been feeling terrible since yesterday. Sluggish, tired sore and everything in front of my eyes literally looks off-color and gray tinted

Hype of 3 years down the tube. Ive never been depressed before but I feel awful, the sun is too bright
tuck me in let me die
>>
>>81030930

>It's a premiere

Of course they're going to clap. You don't go to a gala event, eat expensive food they provided, then tell them to their faces that they just threw shit on the screen and called it a movie.

You clap, you pat them on the back, and you go home cringing. It's how society works. If you can't learn to be phony, you won't make it in show business circles.
>>
>>81036248
It will. The score is inflated by fanboys who probably haven't even scene it yet. As more people see it, it will continue to go down, especially after it opens in the States.
>>
>>81023194
Gonna be ironic if their rushing to capitalize on the cape movie bubble ends up bursting it.
>>
>>81036334
I feel pretty good. My gf took me to Olive Garden a couple of hours ago.
>>
>>81036334
You still have the comics, Anon.

Take it this way. Because DC movies are crap, they are basically separate from the comics and don't really change them in major ways.

Meanwhile, at Marvel, they are butchering their comics to be more like MCU and to work as a marketing ploy for the next movie.
>>
>>81028789
>>81028843
It won't flop or make small profit if it won't hit a billion that's not how it work. The point is if BvS won't hit a billion then it will be a huge disappointment and a harassment for WB and DC.

I will say that if BvS don't hit a billion then we will have a long delay for DCEU.
>>
>>81036657
beautiful asspain
>>
>>81036657
I kinda feel sorry for Snyder to tell the truth.

He seems to be pretty dumb and makes shit movies, but he seems like a cool guy who cares, in his weird way, about comics and the source material.

I just don't know why they let him make those movies.
>>
>>81036734
I think Ive seen him posting on /co/!
>>
>>81036750
Stop humanizing people I want to talk shit about, makes it harder to talk shit about them.
>>
File: Anti.jpg (180 KB, 939x623) Image search: [Google]
Anti.jpg
180 KB, 939x623
>>81036657
>>81036734
>>
>>81036750
>but he seems like a cool guy who cares, in his weird way, about comics and the source material.
He also is too stupid to realize what he cares about is the worst possible aspects of them

He's basically like the Chuck Austin of capeshit.
>>
>>81036525
>Meanwhile, at Marvel, they are butchering their comics to be more like MCU and to work as a marketing ploy for the next movie.

I'm cool with it, Marvel comic was garbage since Civil War was a thing then they let Bendis in charge as their Golden Boy. I only care about their Cinematic Universe at this point.
>>
>>81036657
Cavill deserves the pity more, poor guy is a perfect Superman in a shit series
>>
>>81036734
Why do DC fans act like they're such poor victims?
>>
File: 242.png (40 KB, 587x192) Image search: [Google]
242.png
40 KB, 587x192
>>
Holy shit the RT score keeps fucking going down.
I mean I was expecting a 50 or something, but 35?
>>
>>81036913
Oh boy
>>
File: 41.png (97 KB, 566x666) Image search: [Google]
41.png
97 KB, 566x666
>>81036913
meh
>>
>>81036851
Well, he is getting paid quite well to do something he probably dreamed about as a kid so that should balance it out. Plus people shitting on his garbage movies isn't new for him. I say talk shit away.
>>
IT JUST KEEPS TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>81036953
>Plus people shitting on his garbage movies isn't new for him.

Yup. Guy thinks we are all dumb for doing it to. Smug asshole deserves all our scorn.
>>
>>81036851
He's a big guy.
>>
File: 1458671184090.png (311 KB, 482x464) Image search: [Google]
1458671184090.png
311 KB, 482x464
>>81026639

>mfw Gilliam wanted Gary Busey to play the Comedian

You know, I'd pay to see that.
>>
>>81036945
stop giving this guy any attention ever

he craves that
>>
>>81036657
>He never looks tired or sad

In the picture with Jason Mamoa he looks like hes dying
>>
>>81036657
>>81036734
So, this guy do knows the reason BvS was dog shit. How come he still praise it? Just accept the truth man, it's shit then it's shit no need to said it otherwise.
>>
>>81037060
>>81036883
>>81036851
>>81036750
We feel bad for Snyder now
>>
>>81037096
>we
>>
>>81036913
>>81036945
I'd actually enjoy that if it was played completely straight.
>>
>>81036657
>>81036734
Got any more? These tears are delicious.
>>
>>81023859
So theres a chance they could just ignore him and the next 2 could be saved?
>>
>>81032781
I know how you feel
where's this qt from?
>>
>>81021764
you think the next DCEU movie could be like this DC Comics Presents a Marvel Films feature, THE JUSTICE LEAGUE.
i dont know how they do it, but marvel studios knows to make their movies make money
>>
>>81037216
They just kept going and changed directors/actors when needed.
>>
What happens when Marvel makes a critically acclaimed Squadron Supreme movie before WB can shit out a good Justice League? Does Marvel officially win?
>>
File: 150717084.jpg (22 KB, 970x390) Image search: [Google]
150717084.jpg
22 KB, 970x390
>Man of Steel was divisive
>Still use the same guy who directs it

Why would you use the same director who made a movie that was divisive with a franchise that you hope would be better or even on par with the MCU?
>>
>Its down to 33%

TUMBLING DOWN
>>
File: pub-TF2 in 2016.png (616 KB, 639x628) Image search: [Google]
pub-TF2 in 2016.png
616 KB, 639x628
>>81037284
I think we can say that Marvel has won if that ever comes to fruition.
>>
File: 687.png (20 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
687.png
20 KB, 241x230
>>81037400
at least they got some dubs with this movie
>>
>>81037284
MOS basically was a Hyperion movie though.
>>
>>81021838
We all know that they're just vying for second place after James Cameron
>>
>>81022815
I do
>>
>>81037400
>average rating: 5.2
HABBENING
>>
>>81034153
It wasn't written by him, it was written by James Gunn. Who has stated he didn't like it very much
>>
>>81037400
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if tmnt2 gets better reviews later this year
>>
>>81036750
Too bad he skips the big text bubbles and only looks at the pictures.
>>
>>81037400
wew lad
>>
File: bvs bingo.jpg (297 KB, 974x1104) Image search: [Google]
bvs bingo.jpg
297 KB, 974x1104
>>
>>81022106
>Bay film have some fun
>Transformers 2, 3, 4, 5
>>
>>81034022
hey reddit fag
>>
>>81037400
>Can't even get a decent 40
>>
>>81037214
I got you senpai
http://mymangaonline.us/read-online/wakabayashi-toshiya-s-4-koma-collection-ch-34-excited20150715.html
>>
>>81037794
wew lad. Pretty sure most BvS threads have won
>>
>>81037794
Batfleck was actually OK, anon.
>>
>>81037794
Gods work anon
>>
File: 1433712265610.png (289 KB, 415x357) Image search: [Google]
1433712265610.png
289 KB, 415x357
>>81037400
I'm a Marvelfag, I really am, but I was genuinely hoping this movie was going to be great.
Seriously, I get nothing out of seeing things that other people enjoy turn to shit.
I really hoped DC could have their sprawling connected universe, but with talks of another reboot, cutting movies all together and movies getting delayed by months it even years, I just feel bad.

I didn't expect BvS to do well, the trailers didn't look promising, the rumors that circulated about WB concerned with its quality and success, the "MARVEL FANS TOO DUMB TO GET THIS MOVIE" shit, none of it added up to a good outcome.
But 33%?
I've had kidney stones I'd rate higher than that.

Idunno, at the end of the day, company wars just seem like pointless pissing contests and you just have to think about the people who were really looking forward to this movie.
>>
>>81021764
Snyder has great visual flair and imagination, but shit grasp of storytelling.
>>
>>81037983
It has 44 on metacritic
>>
>>81038043
>pointless pissing contests
i c what u did there
>>
>>81021892
Blame Spielberg, who hired Bay even though Bay hated Transformers. That's cynical as fuck.
>>
>>81029324
There was even a background shoutout to TiH as recently as Ant-Man
>>
File: 1458466887758.jpg (13 KB, 204x207) Image search: [Google]
1458466887758.jpg
13 KB, 204x207
>>81037794
>stop talking about piss jars
>>
>>81038066
Wow, so it was also tumbling down there too? I remember it start at 48.
>>
>>81022445
He did fight to keep Watchmen R rated long before Deadpool.

Watchmen like every Snyder movie has moments that are beautiful and amazing surrounded by stodgy inert narrative.
>>
File: 1454987526196.gif (189 KB, 255x320) Image search: [Google]
1454987526196.gif
189 KB, 255x320
>>81037984
I had no clue where I got that picture from, no clue who the girl is and no clue what she's from, despite having the picture saved.

But Goddamnit some random asshole knows exactly where it's from.

Thank you for reminding me why I come to this shithole everyday, anon.
>>
File: Mother of God.jpg (27 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
Mother of God.jpg
27 KB, 640x352
>>81037400
someone needs to make an image comparing this to other shit tier cape movies

I think the only Batman movie with worse reviews is Batman & Robin, Forever is at 41%
>>
>>81038043
As a fellow Marvelfag, look at it this way. Imagine a world where Avengers underperformed, Whedon was kicked to the curb, and then a real director came in and blew us away with a GOAT Ultron movie. That's what this has the chance to be for DC. Snyder gets taken out early, and he's not around to get his cancer all over everything like Whedon did. This might just be a blessing in the skies
>>
>>81038199
I just googled the image and it was the first thing that popped up, it's no big deal.
>>
>>81022697
Sucker Punch could have been a great fun OTT fantasy action movie, but then Snyder had to try and make it arty and serious and deep. Sigh.
>>
>>81036923

And now that people are seeing it, the other score is going down, too.
>>
>>81022330
I haven't been keeping up on BvS very much lately. What's this about other pitches that don't resemble Superman?
>>
You know what? I agree now.

I haven't seen it yet so maybe my mind will change, but WB/DC are trying to build a cinematic universe that could rival Marvel's but if the first two movies are getting mixed reviews with BvS getting even worse reviews, then maybe they just need someone to step in. If Suicide Squad does better critically, then WB really needs to re-evalutate their relationship with Snyder. He can cut the commercials for the movies but he needs to stop being the man who's basically setting the tone for the DCEU. You have an Oscar award winning screenwriter and this is still the reception? Nah something is fucky here.
>>
>>81038313
You heard about the giant spiders one?
>>
>>81038246
I see it that way too, which if they shitcan his ass that's, what, 4 or 5 movies saved?
Delayed gratification.

>>81038257
Oh well fuck me, and here I thought we had another "HEY I RECOGNIZE THAT GAY BLOWJOB!" or "I recognize that bulge." moment.
>>
File: 1446780948991.jpg (98 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1446780948991.jpg
98 KB, 640x426
>>81037400

I don't know what this feeling is.

I like Marvel AND DC. I love them both.

Yet at the same time, I feel an immense amount of joy that a terrible attempt at a franchise eats shit horribly.

I guess I'd rather it not be done at all, than be done poorly.
>>
>>81038246
It sounds too good to be true, anon. We all know that WB was fucking retard.
>>
>>81038335
Snyder clearly didn't make the trailers for BvS as his trailers are usually, whatever else you say about him, God tier.
>>
>>81038366
I heard that the giant spider fight ended up in The Wild Wild West
>>
>>81030981

GET THIS HOT HEAD OUTTA' HERE.
>>
>>81038458
The Wicky Wicky Wild Wild West?
>>
>>81038246

The problem is that the SAME guys will be in charge at the top.
>>
>>81038516
Can someone explain capekino?
I never heard that phrase before yesterday. Guess I don't keep up with today's epic maymays.
>>
Is this the biggest monkey's paw in /co/ history?
>>
>>81038590
I know at least a fragment of them are honest. Poor bastards.

>>81038608
google kino, the movement. And apply to cape movies. It's basically a pretentious way to say DC movies are too artistic and good to comprehend and shit, that they are a "higher form of cinema"
>>
>>81038608
>>81038590
Of course they are.

>>81038639
Yep. Batman/Superman film by the worst director possible, the worst writer possible and with the worst actors possible.
>>
>>81030930
I honestly think that was false flag shitposting.
>>
>>81028953
>good producer
>Feige

kek
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.