[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your Rebirth Creative Team ideas and other hopes & fears?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 4
File: DC_Rebirth.jpg (77 KB, 1024x689) Image search: [Google]
DC_Rebirth.jpg
77 KB, 1024x689
Post your Rebirth Creative Team ideas and other hopes & fears?

>FEAR > Bennet or any other SJW is on Wonder Woman.
>FEAR > Harley is on the Justice League line up.
>FEAR > Guillem March is still not given any interior assignments.

AQUAMAN #1
BATMAN #1
THE FLASH #1
GREEN ARROW #1
GREEN LANTERNS #1
SUPERMAN #1
WONDER WOMAN #1
ACTION COMICS #957
DETECTIVE COMICS #934
HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE #1
NIGHTWING #1
BATGIRL #1
BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY #1
THE HELLBLAZER #1
RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS #1
THE SUPER-MAN #1
TITANS #1
CYBORG #1
DEATHSTROKE #1
HARLEY QUINN #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #1
SUICIDE SQUAD #1
BATMAN BEYOND #1
BLUE BEETLE #1
EARTH 2 #1
GOTHAM ACADEMY: NEXT SEMESTER #1
SUPERGIRL #1
SUPERWOMAN #1
SUPER SONS #1
TEEN TITANS #1
TRINITY #1
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Why do people keep thinking pic related is the JL?
It clearly has the Super Sons in it and Harley is confirmed for SS
>>
>>81019587
Harley is the one with the AK and RPG sticking off her and Killer Croc is the spiky guy behind her.
>>
>>81019587
flash
super sons
justice league/ trinity
jessica cruz
harley and killer croc
no idea maybe cyborg
>>
>>81019634
Its Deathstroke or Blue Beetle with that holster and gloves

>>81019587
I know, thats what I'm saying but people were interpreting the Teaser line-up as an actual team
>>
>>81019587
>we get a speedster kid on Super Sons
GOD HELP YOU DC IF IT'S BLACK WALLY DON'T FUCK THIS UP
>>
>>81019587
Who is in the far left?
>>
>>81019587
supersons is so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>81019683
>tacticool pouch on the leg
Deathstroke's my guess, maybe Cyborg?
>>
File: image.gif (901 KB, 500x228) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
901 KB, 500x228
>wanting March's lumpy mutant people
>>
>>81019587
What do you guys think that they meant by redemption?
>>
>>81019360
I'll go with predictions:

Batman - Tom King
Detective Comics - James Tynion
Superman - Peter Tomasi
Action Comics - Dan Jurgens
Wonder Woman - Marguerite Bennett
Nightwing - Steve Orlando
Deathstroke - Tim Seeley (imagine the Wildstorm interactions)
Suicide Squad - Rob Williams
Green Lanterns - Dan Abnett (Abnett+cosmic is a no-brainer)
Flash - Greg Pak
>>
>>81019807
Obviously they are making Hal Jordan the Spectre again
>>
>>81019807
I think its just describing the purpose of the Suicide Squad
>>
>>81019807
Well, they zoomed in on some former bad guys when they said it sooooo more stories on them becoming better people
>>
Green Arrow #50 has eased my worries about Percy (and arguably, Kudranski, too). So, I'm OK if they continue.
>>
My main fears are that Taylor and Venditti will be on the GL books
>>
>>81019714
Shut up, bitch.
>>
>>81019874
kudranski is still trash
>>
>>81019875
Shut it
>>
>>81019839
If King got Batman, is that like the fastest rise in comic writers ever or what?
>>
>>81019839
>Superman - Peter Tomasi
>Action Comics - Dan Jurgens
>Wonder Woman - Marguerite Bennett
Green Lanterns - Dan Abnett (Abnett+cosmic is a no-brainer)
Flash - Greg Pak
Disgusting.jpg
>Nightwing - Steve Orlando
Meh. I'd give him a different character
>Deathstroke - Tim Seeley (imagine the Wildstorm interactions)
Might be cool
>>
>>81019839

>Action Comics - Dan Jurgens
WHY
>>
>>81019839
Abnett is currently on the last issues of Aquaman and Earth 2 Society (and both books will be in the Rebirth lineup).

Bare minimum, I somewhat doubt he'll leave Aquaman; Geoff Johns would want someone decent on that book.
>>
>>81019859
Mm...I think they will reveal more about the silhouettes today and until Saturday.

What I'm interested in knowing is why them?
>>
>>81019839
also this is a pipe dream, but Brian Azzarello on Green ARrow

>>81020009
that's what the rumors are saying

But now rumors are saying that Greg Rucka's on Wonder Woman so...
>>
>>81019661
>Its Deathstroke or Blue Beetle with that holster and gloves
>BB Rebirth starts with Ted blowing Max's head off
>>
Rucka on WW or Rich rustling your jimmies?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/23/marguerite-bennett-replaced-by-greg-rucka-on-wonder-woman-and-other-dc-comics-rebirth-kerfuffles/
>>
>>81020220
I don't believe you Rich. But I really want to
>>
>>81019950
>>Nightwing - Steve Orlando
>Meh. I'd give him a different character
Orlando's style (quippy, pulpy action) would work well for a Nightwing book
>>
>>81019587
Guy on the left has to be Ted Kord.

Cyborg wouldn't have pouch. Deathstroke always has his swords and LOTS of tactical shit. Kord's usual design is clean, so the addition of a single pouch would be good for New52/Rebirth design.

Plus, Blue Beetle (as a title) sticks out like a sore thumb, so there's no way they'd not push him.
>>
>>81020220
I mean, he came back for Convergence... It truly seems like DC has improved for writers in the last 3 years, so they're regaining some old creative losses. I'm always here for Greg/DC.
>>
>>81020207
Someone get the Black Mercy off of him.
>>
>>81020220
>Rich The Leech does it again
Also, I hope not. Rucka had his chance.
>>
>>81020220
That's insane
>>
>>81020339
>pulpy
Hardly. He does have a knack for a little of the ultraviolence though and that would go to waste on Nightwing.
>>
>>81020462
Rucka's chance got screwed by editorial and Infinite Crisis, he'd be way preferable to Bennett
>>
>>81019634
I feel like it's Supergirl, not Jessica.
>>
>>81020502
But there's no cape
>>
>>81020220
If this is true (I hope its true) then there'll be moie chance for Harley title to get a creative shift- I mean, if a chance like that can happen (Editor and writer off) then something like a creative shift in Harley title wouldn't be so crazy
>>
>>81020220

This is so improbable it has to be true.

At least that's what I'm desperately telling myself.
>>
>>81020220
>Batman gets an acclaimed up-and-comer
>WW gets an acclaimed veteran
>Superman gets.........Peter J Tomasi

*sigh*
>>
>>81020496
>he'd be way preferable to Bennett
True

But still, Rucka had his chance. Get me someone else.
>>
>>81020513
True, but we have a few design changes probably? Everyone hated her Nu52 design they might be updating it.

Okay, my biggest fear is they wipe Kara's characterization from the reboot and replace it with a generic every girl womanchild.
>>
>>81020569
You can always get Lobdell.
>>
>>81020220
Come on Rich you've gotten some Rebirth stuff right but got the creative teams wrong

Let Rucka be right
>>
>>81020569
But Tomasi was good on B&R
>>
>>81020621
Ew no
>>
>>81020621
eventually, I disliked his early issues but he really came into his own.
>>
>>81020704
What really? Born to Kill was what sold me on both Damian as a character and Tomasi as a writer.

I'm suprised you didn't like that.
>>
>>81019839
>(Abnett+cosmic is a no-brainer)
Marvel cosmisc wasn't good when Giffen left
>>
>>81019946
It's well earned. His worst comics writing is a mediocre Teen Titans annual co-written with someone else. Everything else has been pretty good
>>
>>81020766
For some reason I thought he was the one who took over after Morrison, but that was Paul Cornell. Never mind, Tomasi is pure gold in my book - Born to Kill Is my favourite Damian story.
>>
>>81019946
Snyder went from Tec to Batman and I think he was on Tec for a little less than a year.
>>
>>81020523
>something like a creative shift in Harley title wouldn't be so crazy
Yeah it would be because Harley Quinn has been such a financial success for DC. They're not just going to boot off the people working on it for no reason
>>
>>81020929
Don't shit on my hopes anon, let me dream
>>
>>81020220
If this is wrong Rich, I'LL FUCK YOU LIKE A PIG. BOLIVE THAT. SCREENSHOT THIS MY NEGROS.
>>
>>81020523
She's their third best selling title consistently and they gave one of her artists an exclusive
It's staying
>>
>>81020621
Oh god, no. His Batman was awful and the five stage of grief arc was over the top.
>>
>>81021003
see
>>81020954
>>
>>81021009
I didn't find that off from what a parent with a dead son would do.
>>
>HOPE
Superman
Written by Tom Taylor
Drawn by Lee Weeks/Aaron Kuder

>FEAR
Superman
Written by Gene Luen Yang
Drawn by the same committee of shitty artists that worked on Yang's run

>HOPE
Action Comics
Written by Garth Ennis
Drawn by Francis Manapul/Marcus To

>FEAR
Action Comics
Written by Meredith Finch
Drawn by David Finch/committee
>>
>>81021009
>Jason here we are at the place where you died
>pls remember how you came back and tell me
>I wanna revive another kid that I like better than you
>lol I tricked you into thinking I wanted to spend time with you when I didn't :)

Over the top indeed
>>
June solicits out, just with no text or covers: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/23/dc-comics-full-june-2016-solicitations-but-just-the-names-and-dates/
>>
>>81021136
Ok, I agree. That issue was shit. Especially when Jason is his only other son in the new52.
>>
>>81020906
>>81019946

I think it's around the same speed.

King started in comics on Grayson, July 2014, and will be the writer for Batman starting June 2016.

Snyder started in comics with a Human Torch one-shot, May 2009, and became the Batman writer starting from September 2011. Strictly with DC stuff, he started American Vampire in March 2010. (as a comparison: King got his "own" series with Omega Men, starting June 2015)

But yeah, essentially the same speed.
>>
>>81021136
>Grieving father acts like a jerk and a hypocrit towards the black sheep of the family

Sounds about right. One of the very few times in the New 52 that Jason was actually sympathetic
>>
>>81020462
Kill yourself my faggot friend.
>>
>>81021233
Snyder did start off with higher profile work, though. Detective Comics is a big title, and American Vampire won an Eisner. King's best selling book is Grayson, which he co-wrote.
>>
>>81020569
Tomasi is a safe and reliable writer who can write character-driven stories very well. Superman needs safe and reliable after the shitfest it's gone through
>>
>>81021167
June 15
>Titans Rebirth #1

June 22
>Teen Titans #21

hmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>81021377
Titans refers to the older gen

Titans Hunts #8 in May
Titans Rebirth in June
Titans #1 in July

makes sense
>>
>>81020220
>Wah Morrison pitched a better WW than I did a bloo bloo
Eh, meh.
>>
>>81019839

isn't Jim Lee co-writing SS?
>>
>>81021499
No, he's one of the artists.
He'll do about 3 issues and then leave.
>>
>>81021499
He's drawing SS, but for how long is everyone's guess
>>
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/23/vertigo-comics-to-get-its-own-rebirth-at-eccc-for-july/

>The recent attempt to look like more like Image Comics with an expansion of creator-participant titles delivered no breakout comics and saw a market that seem disinclined to support them, however good they were. And some were very good indeed.

>I am told that Vertigo is going to rebrand itself, with an emphasis on a more “classic” Vertigo tone with work-for-hire mature reader takes on lower profile DC Comics superhero properties. Like they used to do.

>And the Becky Cloonan/Gerard Way Doom Patrol book will be a flagship title for the imprint, leading up until the Sandman Spin Off books, based on ideas by Neil Gaiman, are launched before Christmas.
>>
>>81021761
Finally I will have the Harley & Ivy lesbian book that I always wanted
>>
>>81021761
We truly do need some pre new 52 Vertigo edgefest.
>>
>>81021290
Come awards season this year Omega Men adn The Vision will be raking it in. Probably the Vision because the general preference seems to be for Marvel over DC.
>>
>>81021916
Its fine if its a separate imprint
>>
>>81019587

what is flash doing with his hand in this picture?
>>
File: ronniejamesdio1.jpg (1007 KB, 2000x1922) Image search: [Google]
ronniejamesdio1.jpg
1007 KB, 2000x1922
>>81022594
The typical horns thing
>>
>>81022594
Showing us his metal cred.
>>
>>81021761
This I would also be okay with.

All the vertigo books except for Astro City are selling poorly, so aside from being a few writers' playground for their own books, some mature stuff for things that have been mature in the past, like DP and Wildstorm properties.

Buuuuuut this and Rucka sound too good so it probably won't be true. ;_;
>>
>>81022658
>>81022704

Welp, that settles it then. That guy is definitely Wally.
>>
>>81022874
If it's not... what the fuck, DC.

The fact that we don't have a book specifically for Wally makes me think he's just going to be the secondary lead on both Flash and on Titans. Would've been nice if he had his own book, but I doubt DC wants more than one Flash book on the shelves right now.
>>
SECOND TEASER IT'S UP!

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/712702215262117888

JESSICA CRUZ AS NEW GL
>>
>>81022982
>>81022874
Black Wally will be in Super Sons and the guy at the front of the first teaser will be Bart.

>>81023052
That sure is a green Lantern design
>>
>>81023052
Guess that confirms its not Supergirl, good call anon
>>
>>81023052
Interesting.
>>
>>81022874
>black people
>metal
Kidding. I seriously doubt DC will replace black Wally with white. Media would crucify them.
>>
>>81020220
Has Rich ever said how his "sources" tell him the info some of the times?

Because there's a difference between

>Bennett is going to be on a well known and popular heroine
>Bennett is going to be on Wonder Woman

The latter is straight forward whereas the former implies she can be on Wondy, Batgirl, or Supergirl, and he just assumes she's on Wonder Woman.
If Bennett is on Batgirl or Supergirl then I'm assuming that his sources do that to him for shits and giggles.

Same with Snyder on 'Tec. If he didn't assume Snyder was on 'Tec going by Snyder's tweets about being off Batman and wanting to write more Batman, his "sources" telling him "Snyder is on Batman book" is different from "Snyder is on 'Tec".
>>
>>81023124
>Supergirl
>No cape
Anon, come on. The first Rebirth teaser specifically showed a Supergirl with a cape.
>>
>>81023087
>Super Sons
>Anyone other than the sons of Superman and Batman
No, it won't be Wally. It'll be Jon and Damian's book. Tim and Kon, too, if those two are lucky.
>>
>>81023245
>yfw it's a every Superboy and every Robin team up book
>>
>>81023292
>Robins
Damian
Tim
??? (Duke?)
>Superboy
Jon
Kon
Chris
>>
>>81022982

Who knows, they can drop the solo later. If he's not Wally (which I very much doubt at this point), I'll back to my own business like usual. It's been 10 years, I'm tired.

>>81023087
This guy is pretty adult looking and acts very un-black. I doubt it anon.

>>81023172
Who cares, they will be selling more than what they do with the black Wally. No one cares about him, and his existence hurts Barry too. They will probably keep him as new Impulse then use him as a canon fodder in next event.
>>
>>81023345
>older Chris and Dick hanging out because they were both Nightwing
>>
>>81023292
With the image having Damian next to an unknown kid , probably Jon, it's hard to believe it'll be anything but. If it was general Bat/Super team ups it would probably be a worlds finest, and Jason's Super twin Is Kara. The fact that it specifically says sons implies to me it's just the little boys
>>
>>81023495
Have you ever seen the classic Super Sons stories? They were specifically the actual sons of Superman and Batman. So Jon and Damian. It's just that Kon was on that first Rebirth teaser, yet he doesn't get his own book. So:

>Damian stars in his "own" book
>Jon gets his chance to be developed as a character
>Kon gets to return to be well-liked again
>Tim is involved because he is also a "son" of the Bat, and he's Kon's bro. He could use a Rebirth himself.

Just my reasoning for it, but yeah, I'm with you on the fact that this is Jon and Damian's book.
>>
>>81023410
>Nightwing is actually a team-up book between Agent Grayson and Chris Kent
>>
>>81021124
>HOPE
>Superman
>Written by Tom Taylor

Please god no
>>
>>81023677
Ew no

SeeKing must keep on with their plans.
>>
>>81023677
>wanting Nightwing to be anything but the adventures of Dick with appearances by Midnighter, Tiger, and his family and exes
How could one Anon be so incorrect?
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.