[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it go so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 570x300
Where did it go so wrong?
>>
All the good people left

Really the second they announced Monsters U.
>>
>>81018826
When they let John Lasseter and Ed Catmull get greedy and started making a billion sequels to movies that didn't need them. Their entire schedule is sequels and the only good films they did the past 5 years were Inside Out and Monsters University.
>>
File: 1447578944539.png (38 KB, 175x200) Image search: [Google]
1447578944539.png
38 KB, 175x200
>>81018888
>>81018881
This too. Literally all of the original braintrust left. Andrew Stanton, Brad Bird, Joe Ranft (who died), etc. All that's left is these newbies who don't know how Pixar films work.

>tfw there will never be another film as good as Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Wall-E, or Up again from Pixar
>tfw Pixar finally admitted defeat and began making pointless sequels for cash
>>
>>81018826
Too many sequels.
>>
>>81018826
When the lamp did the big jump. I think it was about the third leap.
>>
File: Jiggle Physics.gif (1 MB, 160x191) Image search: [Google]
Jiggle Physics.gif
1 MB, 160x191
Not enough ass jiggling
>>
>>81019943
THICK
>>
>>81018984
Did you even try Inside Out, Anon? Don't be such of a nostalgia fag.
>>
>>81018984
>Andrew Stanton

Directing Finding Dory.

>Brad Bird

Directing and writing The Incredibles 2
>>
>>81018826
When Disney bought them.
>>
>>81018984
Pete Doctor is still there (he directed Inside Out), Andrew Stanton is directing Finding Dory RIGHT NOW, Brad Bird was never part of the original brain trust and was brought in as an outsider for The Incredibles to help shake things up and stayed for Ratatouille because they really needed help with it, and now just helps consult.

The real issue is that Lasseter, as much as hes a lackluster director, is a great producer and can identify weaknesses in a project, but isn't able to focus on Pixar like he used to be able to because he splits that with Disney. So he kind of lets Pixar run normally until shit goes off the rails and his reaction is to just gut the project and replace the director, which is fine for making decent movies that work functionally, but if you want to make an actually great movie you need to be supporting it from day 1.

That being said, Pixar has always had greater and lesser films, even now. Inside Out and A Bug's Life, for example.
>>
>>81018888
don't lie to yourself. Monsters U, and inside out are "okay", but they are by no means "good
>>
>>81018826
I blame Disney
>>
>>81018888
>Inside Out and Monsters University
>Good
I mean they were enjoyable but they are nowhere close to the best Pixar films
>>
>>81022290
A lot of people consider Inside Out overrated and mediocre including me and I don't think that has nothing to do with nostalgia
>>
>>81022478
I thoroughly enjoyed Monsters U. "Pixar does an 80's college comedy" was what I expected and I actually got a little bit more than that. The film's most egregious flaw is stepping on the established timeline of the original.
>>
>>81018826
Disney poached all the talent for their in house animation studio and it's starting to show.
>>
>>81018984
Isn't Brad Bird working on The Incredibles 2 though?
>>
It didn't.

Well, they made a lot of movies. It's hit or miss, and Pixar is always a big hit or a super miss.

Cars and Cars 2, Brave, Monster U, Good Dinosaur, and the last half of Up. These all sucked balls or were too much for kids compared to their usual releases. And most of the short filmes before the movies suck hard anyway.

But still, that's 5 out of 16 movies. That's better statistics than most movie companies get.

So chill, OP.
>>
>>81024015
>But still, that's 5 out of 16 movies
4 of those are consecutive movies (with the exception of Inside Out)
>>
If they're getting worse over time is because rou're getting older, OP. Animations are for kids.
As an adult, your job is to try and extract good things out of everything, cause life suck in general. Just enjoy the movies.
>>
>>81024073

That's statistics for you. There's no visible pattern, because there're not enough movies to get a conclusion. Inside Out being good just proves me.
Who knows, maybe they're entering another good movie streak?
>>
>>81024138
>If they're getting worse over time is because rou're getting older, OP. Animations are for kids.
Bullshit, the latest Disney movies have been fantastic (well Frozen was okay). It has nothing to do with age.
>>
>>81024271

I'll give you Zootopia's plot was not for kids. But that's it.

Adults are not the target audience, so why do you even bother getting 100% satisfaction? People on /co/ take it for granted, when they should just sit back and enjoy.
>>
>>81024606
I never said those movies weren't for kids, I'm saying they're for all ages. And not like the rating system as in all ages=kids, I mean movies anybody can enjoy. WiR has a fair amount of jokes that older people who played video games would get
>>
File: Wiggly Booty.webm (960 KB, 1920x808) Image search: [Google]
Wiggly Booty.webm
960 KB, 1920x808
>>81019943
Better version
>>
>>81024606
>I'll give you Zootopia's plot was not for kids.
How was it not for kids? There is nothing in Zootopia outside of a handful of jokes that kids would have trouble understanding. Children aren't that stupid.

Sure, the plot isn't JUST for kids, but that can be said about most Disney and Pixar films.
>>
>>81024138
Going by critics, its not age.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.