[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to watch this movie, but I've heard people say it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: robin-hood-and-maid-marian.png (834 KB, 1109x720) Image search: [Google]
robin-hood-and-maid-marian.png
834 KB, 1109x720
I want to watch this movie, but I've heard people say it's shit.

Is that true?
>>
it's not shit, it's just extremely cheap looking.
>>
>you will never have MM curl up in your lap by a warm fireplace as you lovingly caress her long, fluffy tail
>>
>>81018525
We have finally come to the point in history, when grown ass adults are afraid of watching a cartoon.

There was once a time when you were afraid to leave your home, since the neighboring village may be doing a raid and you may get stabbed with a spear. People were afraid to enter the woods, since they may get mauled by a fucking bear. People were afraid they might not make it to 20, and die of some disease.

But NOW, people are afraid to watch a cartoon, cause.... cause... *sob*..... cause they may get disappointed! :'(
>>
File: 1425150651905.jpg (84 KB, 746x569) Image search: [Google]
1425150651905.jpg
84 KB, 746x569
>>81018525
why don't you watch it and find out
>>
>>81019105
>Commenting about the alpha men of the past whilst sat here shitposting on an anime imageboard

I get your point and you're right but come on lad
>>
>>81019198
I may have been talking about the women of the past, you never know ;)
>>
>>81018525

Just watch the movie faggot

Its been around longer then your thought about your existence
>>
>>81018525
Only people who say this movie sucks are anti-furfags because they're retarded enough to believe the meme that this movie created furries.

It's a good retelling of Robin Hood and has one of animation's best and under-rated escape sequences.
>>
>>81019105
Time is a limited resource, dummy. Why waste time watching bad movies when you could watch good ones?
>>
File: 1456716105623.png (29 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
1456716105623.png
29 KB, 300x162
>>81020275
Ah, the old tried and true "My time is valuable yet here I am posting on 4chan" routine.
>>
>>81018525
It's pretty good, actually.
>>
>>81020612
Time is limited and that's why I post on 4chan: it's fun. What I don't get is when people who don't like it waste time on 4chan.
>>
>>81018525
turn it on for background noise

if you glance at the tv 3 times to see what is happening, you HAVE to watch the whole movie.

that is how i do shit
>>
>>81018525
It's pretty mediocre. Wouldn't say it is a bad movie, just incredibly forgettable.
>>
File: dawww.jpg (22 KB, 210x229) Image search: [Google]
dawww.jpg
22 KB, 210x229
>>81018525
>that scene in the forest where robin brings marion to dance and feast with the merry men as fireflies light up the night
>that romantic scene under the waterfall

it's comfy as fuck, go watch it faggot
>>
>>81020275
If you honestly believed that you would not be here
>>
>>81021618
Fuck, I had sorta forgotten about that. The music gives me goosebumps because it's so beautiful. (the one with the fireflies that is)
>>
>>81021646
Read the next post. Having fun on 4chan isnt the same as watching a bad movie.
>>
>>81018525
The rooster singing is always catchy
>>
I liked it.
>>
It's charming. The animation is cheaper - and recycled - and the whole thing has this sort of lazy, go-with-the-flow feel to it.
>>
>>81018525
The art and characters are charming.

The story barely exists and every single scene is about twice as long as it should be. I can barely remember what actually happens in it.
>>
YIFF IN HELL FURFAGS
>>
>>81018525
How the fuck did you get to adulthood without seeing Robin Hood?

It's one of the only Disney movies that never entered "the vault" so every single summer camp and school sleepover had a copy.
>>
I like it a lot. Really good movie, doesn't deserve the hate it gets.
>>
>>81018525
who the fuck says that? it's one of the most fun disney movies.
>>
File: SMUGGED.jpg (66 KB, 1000x530) Image search: [Google]
SMUGGED.jpg
66 KB, 1000x530
>>81022686
>>
>>81018525
I've brought it up before but i'll do it again. It's comfy and it doesn't feel like you wasted your time.

It was done on a budget. All the baby boomers from WWII had grown up, there was less kids in the west to put it frank. Disney was suffering economically. Thus this movie if you compare it to both older and newer ones, has less frames. Characters sometimes stand completely still and only blink their eyes, fewer frames meant less time spent for the animators and also saved money on paper and ink. They also re-used animation cycles from earlier movies, The Jungle Book and Snow White for instance, because again, it meant less time for the animators to come up with anything new and movie could be done faster.
It doesn't try to present itself as a masterpiece like some of the older and later ones did. It's just a cozy story/re-imagine of Robin Hood as animals.

Personally, i like it. I can appreciate it for what is in the same way that i also like The Sword in The Stone.
>>
>>81018525
It's not amazing or epic or anything, but it's a really fun and charming little movie.
It's cheaper looking than other Disney films and has a few instances of tracing, but the animation is still pretty great - made by Disney's fabled old school animators deep in their comfort zone of anthromorphic animals doing funny things.
I definitely recommend watching it.
>>
>>81025197
>It was done on a budget. All the baby boomers from WWII had grown up, there was less kids in the west to put it frank. Disney was suffering economically
This is true and it also affected the comic book industry. Aside from demographics, there were the economic problems of the 70s especially mounting inflation which made Disney's operating costs go up at a time of shrinking profits.
>>
"It was a very dismal time for the industry. Nobody was still doing theatrical animation except Disney, but the animators were old and tired and it showed in their work."

-- John K
>>
>>81027873
>>81027837
That's also true. The core Disney animators were getting old and didn't really have the stamina for these huge projects anymore plus no Walt left them leaderless and directionless.
>>
It's a good movie. It's nothing groundbreaking or revolutionary but it has a good cast, good music, and it's funny. It's definitely worth a viewing. It was made during Disney's "dark period" so it gets a bad rep. But Great Mouse Detective was also made during that time and I think that's one of Disney's best. Ultimately, it's best to watch it and decide for yourself. Report back your findings, OP.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVSevh8dhXY

Watch it.
>>
>>81027930
>>81027873
While it's true that some of them were running out of gas by the Nixon years, Milt Kahl was still producing some exquisite work.
>>
The 70s was not a family-oriented decade anyway. By the Reagan years when the boomers were all having kids, then things started going back to that.
>>
>>81019105

>:'(

A touch too far but you've already scored your couple of (you)s.

Work hard on your shitposts, anon, you'll get there.
>>
File: 1456694385924.png (139 KB, 284x354) Image search: [Google]
1456694385924.png
139 KB, 284x354
>>81028107
>"Now you're all grown up inside of me."
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.