[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man, fuck Snyder and WB. I wanna get into Marvel now. Recommend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: the american captain.jpg (378 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
the american captain.jpg
378 KB, 1280x960
Man, fuck Snyder and WB. I wanna get into Marvel now.

Recommend me some good Avengers and Captain America comics, /co/.
>>
>>81015460
Thats retarded.
>company makes bad movie but comics are gine
>oh i know as opposed to just ignoring the movie and continuing to read comics ill just read amother companies comics
>>
>>81015460
>Thats retarded.
Who say that comic book fans aren't?
>>
File: 366.jpg (12 KB, 159x311) Image search: [Google]
366.jpg
12 KB, 159x311
>>81015460
>there are only DC and Marvel
>>
File: 1451413547226.png (145 KB, 324x370) Image search: [Google]
1451413547226.png
145 KB, 324x370
>>81015911
no. fuck off. these comics are mine and not for you.
>>
>>81015911
Read ANAD, you seem like the kind of anon who will love it.
>>
>>81015911
Well the Brubaker run is basically what defines modern Captain America (as well as the run that brought back Bucky as the Winter Soldier). That's a MASSIVE run taking up basically two volumes, so you'll have your hands full reading that.
As for Avengers, you can't go wrong with the classic Busiek run from the late 90's to early 00's. If you don't know ANYTHING about Marvel history, you can instead go with Bendis's New Avengers. That's the kind of thing where, the more you know about the characters, the more infuriating it gets, but in a vacuum it isn't AS bad. After that is the Hickman run, but as half of /co/ will tell you, in the end it isn't even really an Avengers story since the Avengers are basically irrelevant.

What I just gave you should take you at least a couple of days, assuming you don't have other things you need to do, so I won't bother giving recs for other MCU characters.
>>
>>81015460
Brubaker's s run on Captain America

Hickman's run on Fantastic Four + FF + Avengers + New Avengers + Infinity + Secret Wars is a fucking ride. Several of them intertwine, but I'm sure there's a reading order out there somewhere. You could just skip the fantastic four, FF, and secret wars if you only care about Avengers, but they really do compliment each other.
>>
>>81015460
Ok here.

http://corecommendedcomics.wikia.com/wiki//co/_Recommended_Comics_Wiki

search whatever you want recommended to you before making a thread, also if anyone who sees this could contribute that would be great.
>>
>>81016055
Wow why don't we have a sticky for this shit
>>
File: cap.jpg (513 KB, 654x900) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
513 KB, 654x900
>>
>>81016073
Because our mods couldn't give a shit.
>>
>>81016073
First all because mods don't care about /co/ unless it's about addressing people complaint about shit that has nothing to do with comics and secondly because that wiki is old as shit and is worthless compared to other board wikis.
>>
File: avengers.jpg (284 KB, 1280x1185) Image search: [Google]
avengers.jpg
284 KB, 1280x1185
>>
>>81016085
>>81016105
comraderecs.tumblr.com if you want other rec images
>>
>>81016105
See, this image bugs me.
How the hell is the Byrrne run on West Coast Avengers on there (after everything he did to Vision and the Scarlet Witch), yet the Englehart run isn't allowed? Yeah the dude was fucking obsessed with Mantis but he didn't ruin anybody.
>>
>>81016085
>Captain America #110-111, 113

Damn, I really shouldn't have bought that Silver Age Captain America Omni, should I?
>>
>>81016149
Who the fuck buys a omnibus as a blind purchase?
>>
>>81016164
I remember the stuff there being good when I read it a few years ago.

But I also remember liking Civil War, so liking it a few years back isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.
>>
>>81016073
Because It's very limited I suppose.
>>
>>81016378
You know the old comics are still there, right Anon? If you dislike the modern stuff, rec the old stuff.
>>
Lol Mods deleted my post so I'll say it again. Marvel comics suck now, don't get into them

Apparently being critical of bad comic books is worthy of deletion
>>
>>81016729
And as I said before, what are the OLD Marvel books you'd recommend?
>>
Read "Winter Soldier"
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.