[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Steve Rogers has a Myspace page now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 14
File: civil-war-fl-11.jpg (100 KB, 723x381) Image search: [Google]
civil-war-fl-11.jpg
100 KB, 723x381
Do you think Steve Rogers has a Myspace page now?
>>
>>81014003
Nobody has a Myspace now, everybody who did, who still gives a shit, went to Facebook.
>>
File: Make America Great Again.jpg (520 KB, 1152x814) Image search: [Google]
Make America Great Again.jpg
520 KB, 1152x814
Is Myspace even still a social medium?
>Sign in with your facebook account
That's legitimately sad.
>>
>>81014003
I'm not american and that picture annoys me to no end. "Hey Mr Fighterman who literally fights for us, why don't you know our insignificant pop culture bullshit HUH"
I like how she brings up the worst of the worst, literally the bottom of the barrel that passes for "entertainment" in your wretched craphole of a country.
>>
Who was the last American Idol anyway?
>>
>>81014063
I think many people around the world use or have used Facebook and newer social media, definitely at least Twitter
>>
>>81014003
>Myspace
>World Series
>American Idol
>NASCAR
>The Simpsons
>YouTube
If this is what passes for writing in western comics, I'm a shoe-in.
>>
File: capnsally.jpg (236 KB, 512x800) Image search: [Google]
capnsally.jpg
236 KB, 512x800
>>81014003
The worst part of this scene is that whoever wrote it wanted us to side with the stupid reporter, they though the bullshit they had her spout was actually logical and convincing
>>
>>81014079
uhm no most people in other countries actually use other social medias and avoid facebook.
>>
>>81014079
That's true but Sally Floyd was specifically referring to Myspace. It's funny because that comic was published in 2007 and then Myspace declined from 2008 onwards.
>>
It's a legitimate concern if a soldier or long-term prisoner isn't re-adjusting to life.

I don't get what is wrong with this page at all.
>>
>>81014127
have you heard of the Arab Spring?
>>
MySpace started to focus more on music, so I think only musicians have page now.

Well...

https://myspace.com/search/artists?q=captain%20america
>>
>>81014127
kinda missing the point, social media is still social media and it's not just an American thing
>>
>>81014003
I love how Maria Hill literally tried to have Cap unilaterally assassinated for political reasons and nobody ever held it against her because she's still clever than this bitch.
>>
>>81014139
Except Captain America had a life? Outside of the chainmail he was an artist and a damn-fine human being.

Are you actually the guy who wrote this dreck? That had Captain "heartfelt speeches are my superpower" America hang his head and be unable to refute this reporter's nonsensical shallow bullshit?
>>
>>81014152
The one that used a combination of Twitter, Whatapp and text messages? Yes.
>>
>>81014152
Is that what comes before an Indian Summer?
>>
>>81014185
>twitter
yeah
>>
>>81014132
>>81014003
Also The Simpsons at the time of Civil War would be Season 17 or 18.
>>
>>81014226
he was saying that people don't use facebook, not that they don't use Twitter
>>
>>81014034

Captain America used to be someone. He used to be with it.

But then the British invasion happened.

Haven't you guys noticed yet that the British just don't DO superheroes?

Paul Jenkins wrote 'Front Line'. You can thank him for that sequence.

Civil War? Mark Millar. British.

Warren Ellis. British.

Grant Morrison is the exception that tests the rule. He also hates Mark Millar.

Garth Ennis is arguably the worst of the lot, but admittedly he isn't British. He's from Northern Ireland.

STOP LETTING THOSE GUYS INTO YOUR COUNTRY. THEY HATE SUPERHEROES.
>>
>>81014118

I thought the point of Civil War was that there was no clear 'right' side.

And boy oh boy, that character has caught so much shit... she's pretty much radioactive.

>>81014173

She what? When?
>>
>>81014393
>Warren Ellis. British.
He wrote Planetary.
>>
File: Superdickery.jpg (234 KB, 1194x748) Image search: [Google]
Superdickery.jpg
234 KB, 1194x748
>>81014393
>Mark Millar
His Superman Adventure comics were great
>>
File: CW_FL_11_Coolidge_ 026.jpg (405 KB, 1024x1613) Image search: [Google]
CW_FL_11_Coolidge_ 026.jpg
405 KB, 1024x1613
>>81014407
>I thought the point of Civil War was that there was no clear 'right' side.

They claim that but it's kind of dubious. I mean it's arguable there was no clear "right" side if you only read the main miniseries (but even then Tony's side was starting to do questionable things and Cap's reasoning for quitting makes no sense when you think more on it).

It's when you read all the tie-ins that Iron Man's side is even more overtly villified. Speaking of which, here's another part of the same comic that brought in the Myspace thing.
>>
At the time that comic came out was MySpace even still relevant? Pretty sure most of the kids were already hoping over to Facebook.
>>
File: CW_FL_11_Coolidge_ 027.jpg (411 KB, 1024x1613) Image search: [Google]
CW_FL_11_Coolidge_ 027.jpg
411 KB, 1024x1613
>>81014471
>>
>>81014407
You don't remember? She tried to off Cap before the law even passed. That's why he went rogue.
>>
>>81014449

Clark you smarmy little shit.

I love when Clark does this kind of stuff.
>>
File: CW_FL_11_Coolidge_ 028.jpg (374 KB, 1024x1613) Image search: [Google]
CW_FL_11_Coolidge_ 028.jpg
374 KB, 1024x1613
>>81014476
I think Marvel may have tried to ignore this tie-in.
>>
>>81014475
The comic was published early 2007, so I guess Myspace was hitting its peak or something. I think it was late in the year or the start of next when people started migrating to Facebook.
>>
It'd be hilarious if Steve was still behind the curve but only like by 10-15 years.

>Hey Tony, check out these cool WinAmp designs.
>>
>>81014486

What shitty reporters.

Run the god damn story.
>>
>>81014482

She was trying to arrest him when he said he wouldn't support it. That is a very SHIELD thing to do.
>>
>>81014525

Or at least send your diary to some right-wing rag.
>>
>>81014407
>>I thought the point of Civil War was that there was no clear 'right' side.
Cap's side was the clear right side.
>>
>>81014003

It's dated now so probably.
>>
File: cloud 9 happy.jpg (97 KB, 483x658) Image search: [Google]
cloud 9 happy.jpg
97 KB, 483x658
>>81014526

Before the thing was even a law.

The entire registration side was depicted as just outright evil or pants-on-the-head stupid.

After Goliath died and Spider-man decided that he didn't wanna help bring in other capes anymore - they sent two super-villains after him.

Why? He hadn't broken the law. He was registered. The only thing he said was that he didn't wanna help arrest his friends anymore.

Then there's the whole inter-dimensional prison thing and being held indefinitely without a trial or legal counsel.

Then after the war was over there was the Initiative where they basically drafted anyone with powers to be a child soldier.

Remember Cloud 9? All she wanted to do was fly around and then they send War Machine after her guns a'blazing and make her sign up to become a government killing machine.
>>
>>81014127
You completely miss the point like people who claim that they don't watch TV and then talk about how they marathoned Game of Thrones or Big Bang Theory.
>>
>>81014393
People from Northern Ireland are British though.
>>
>>81014650

They're from the UK. Britain is the landmass that England, Scotland and Wales are on. It's just now people use "British" synonymously with "part of the United Kingdom"
>>
>>81014563

Bullshit. It was not in any way clear. The duly elected government passed a law after due consideration: If you have super powers, you have to register them, just as you would a gun. If you want to use your super powers, you can only do so after you have been properly trained and gotten a license. No license? Can't use your powers. Given that some people have powers that can level buildings, this seems very reasonable.

But Captain responded, almost reflexively, that this was... what? Unfair? Unreasonable?

See, that's just it - Cap was badly written. So was Iron Man. Millar bent and twisted characters to serve his story, which had a very good concept, but was executed pretty poorly.
>>
>>81014602
>Then after the war was over there was the Initiative where they basically drafted anyone with powers to be a child soldier.
>Remember Cloud 9? All she wanted to do was fly around and then they send War Machine after her guns a'blazing and make her sign up to become a government killing machine.

See, the problem with that is, I have read that issue. And that is not what happened.
>>
>>81014139
He isn't leaving prison. He is, in fact, about to go TO prison.
>>
>>81014602

"Anything I want".

Anything. Hmmm.

>>81014650

Schtum. Schtum. Don't start that here.

For my money, Britain is an island.
>>
File: North Britireland.png (78 KB, 558x231) Image search: [Google]
North Britireland.png
78 KB, 558x231
>>81014691
>>81014650
it is culturally split,
>>
>>81014650
But that's not true.
Sort of.
>>
>>81014393
>this genre has been invented by jews and is traditionally written and drawn by jews
>BLAME THE BRITISH

That's some gud IDF right there, gentile.
>>
>>81014720

The problem there though is that a gun isn't a part of you, it's a thing you can pick up and put down. If they'd used SPIN tech on Daredevil, they've just taken away the super-senses he's relied on to function his entire adult life. Should they have the right to do that?
>>
>>81014734

It's been a while since I read it - what actually happened? Because that's how I remember it.
>>
>>81014734

Dude exaggerated, but it's true that all she wanted to do was fly around above her hometown and then a guy in weaponised power armour showed up and told her she can't do that unless she signs up to the initiative and learns how to be a superhero. And then in their first mission, she gets given a gun and ends up killing someone. If she'd washed out of the Initiative, they'd have taken her powers
>>
>>81014768

I blame the British for pissing all over it, filthy goy. Jack Kirby is my God.

>>81014777

I'd best dig up the issue in case I put my foot in it...
>>
>>81014773

See, THAT is why amendments are made. "If said abilities are integral and necessary to living a normal life..."

Meanwhile, you could argue Matt Murdock has an unfair advantage over all other lawyers. Hell! If his identity were revealed, what does that mean for all of his old cases?
>>
>>81014777
In broad strokes it is.
She was an unregistered superhuman. War Machine was the one who caught her and made her register (she ran and hid, but wasn't shown to have fought them). She was indeed given a rifle and made to be a sniper. She later grew increasingly distanced to the point where, during Secret Invasion, she shot a Skrull in the head and commented "You're just another notch on my belt."
>>
File: Avengers-TheInitiative1-009.jpg (308 KB, 1280x1931) Image search: [Google]
Avengers-TheInitiative1-009.jpg
308 KB, 1280x1931
Hmmm...

I'm gonna have to say I think you were right...
>>
>>81014824
It has been revealed. His old cases weren't effected in the least, partially because Murdock seems to make a point of not using Daredevil to fake evidence.
The main advantage his powers give him in court is basically to make him a living lie detector, and frankly, anybody can call a witness a liar, he just knows it.
>>
>>81014650
Never knowingly say this to an Irishman
>>
>>81014720
You're treating it as a metaphor for Gun Control, which is how the lead-up to it was treated in Iron Man.
However, there's also the people who's powers are part of them and can't be taken away without invasive methods, (mutants and mutates) where it has been treated as a race metaphor, particularly in the X-Men ever since Days of Future Past.
>>
>>81014720
>The duly elected government passed a law after due consideration: If you have super powers, you have to register them, just as you would a gun.
Just like how Germany had Jews register, you mean?
>>
>>81015034

And we have a Godwin.

The nerve, to compare super powers, which can be devastating, to being a Jew, which in itself means nothing.
>>
>>81015034
>>81015057
I can't tell if you're baiting, but that's how X-Men has treated registration for years.
>>
>>81015070
And is there moral ambiguity to how the X-Men are being treated?
>>
>>81015070

Which is just as bullshitty. Mutants are not a race. Mutants are born in any population, in any country.
>>
>>81014118
>See, I resent that I ever had to hide in a subway station in the first place.
Then get yourself a suit of power armor. This is the Marvel universe, lady, you can get you a decent super suit for fairly cheap if you know where to look. In the mean time, stop throwing shit at the people defending you from threats.
>>
>>81015086
Not really, partially because the guy who's mutation is to look like a bird-man (not even wings, his face just looks like a bird) is treated the exact same as the woman who literally can't hug another human without killing them.
And that "way" they're treated is to build giant robots to kill them, typically.
>>
>>81014650
Wrong. Eat shit
>>
>>81014650
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10
>>
Do you guys know you get registered and licensed when you become a black belt in a martial art?
Your body is considered a lethal weapon. Just for being able to punch and kick better than most people.
Meanwhile, marvel has people running around who can level a city or brainwash someone with a thought.
>>
>>81015693
That's a thing in Marvel too, according to Bendis.
When Iron Man tried to get Iron Fist to register as a superhuman, he countered with "I'm already registered as a lethal weapon and the courts haven't decided if I need to do both."
>>
>>81014003
>>81014118
Not only did Paul Jenkins genuinely believe that he was writing Sally Floyd as being in the right and proving why Captain America is flawed, he got extremely butthurt when he found out the fans reaction.
There's a reason writers don't use Sally Floyd anymore, she's too taintd by this horrible scene that Jenkins thought was one of the best things he'd ever written.
>>
>>81015823
Has Jenkins wrote ANYTHING good?
I felt his Hellblazer was one of the worst runs, and he wrapped up Sentry with Fallen Sun.
>>
>>81015868

His Inhumans run
Several of his Peter Parker: Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man issues were fantastic
>>
>>81015693

Wait. You don't actually believe this, do you?
>>
>>81014393
Dan Abnett is also British but he's based
>>
>>81014720
Captain America was attacked by Shield before the registration act became law, he was more than justified as treating this as just another time when supervillains had taken over the government.

Its not like he even tried to take over the country or anything, he ws just doing the same old of stopping supercrime and monstrous invasions but also stopping the literal 'cape killers' from persecuting heroes with more force and resources than they had ever used on villains.
>>
>>81014650
They're English, you mean. There's a difference.
Also, NEVER let them know that you said that, because to them, it's almost sacrilegious to have Ireland and English in the same sentence, except if "is not, was not, and will never be" is in the middle
>>
>>81014734
All she wanted to do was use her shitty cloud powers to fly, for this she was drafted and on her first day of training had a gun forced into her hands and told to shoot down terrorist jets.

Why the fuck did they send a little girl who didn't even want to be a soldier instead of the airforce? Its not like she was on the scene since they herded the in-training kids through a teleporter to the battleground.
>>
>>81015931
Considering that I have my Tae Kwon Do card in my wallet right now, certified by the world tae kwon do federation... Yeah, kinda do.
>>
>>81015931
Maybe your dojo is shit, but my body is recognized as a lethal weapon after I got my black belt.
The president himself signed the paperwork himself.
>>
>>81014754
Ireland is the middle east of the UK.
>>
>>81016202
That sounds horrible and cruel. Why was the legislation in the right again?
>>
>>81016253
I too am considered a lethal weapon. By law I'm required to wear those foam hands people wear at sport events, all the time. On my feet as well
>>
>>81016336
>not being forced to wear one on your dick too
Clearly you are not as lethal as I am.
>>
>>81015693
lol you're a fucking idiot, this "martial artists have to register as weapons" myth entered the public consciousness because of Con Air

Boxers don't have a belt system, do they have to register too?
>>
>>81014393
You take that back about ellis you sonofabitch he is a treasure.
>>
>>81016405
Not Boxers but Kickboxer have to register.
>>
>>81016386
>implying they didn't amputate it due to inefficient foam
They return it to me when my services are needed
>>
>>81015931
"MY FISTS ARE REGISTERED AS LETHAL WEAPONS" isn't actually true, but they do acknowledge that by learning a form of martial art/hand-to-hand combat, you are considered to be knowledgeable in that field
It's like if you learned to box, nobody from the government's going to tell you to register to some database, but they'll definitely tell whoever they send to chase you down when you go on a bender or something not to fight you hand-to-hand, which they never try to do anyway
>>
>>81016447
With what, the ATF? I'm curious. I've never heard of any martial artist having to register their appendages as weapons
>>
>>81014003
>logged on to youtube
>>
>>81016459
>which they never try to do anyway
Unless the president calls me for a favor that is.
I don't need guns to take down my prey.
>>
>>81015086
Not really. The US actually did build giant purple robots that randomly kill teenagers where they stand all across mainland US.
>>
>>81016799
I dislike how Marvel makes all their giant robots evil, and whenever a good giant robot shows up they either quickly job it, turn it evil again or transform it into a teenage japanese girl.

There is no Justice in Marvel, they lack a man's heart and soul.
>>
>>81017048
Remember in Avengers Academy, there was that one kid with a pet Sentinel? The Sentinel loved the kid so much that, during AvX, when a Phoenix Powered Mutant was fucking shit up, it rejected it's core programing (kill all mutants) to instead be a shield to protect the kid?
And then Hopeless killed the kid off.
>>
>>81016242
See, that's just a private registry made and maintained by the martial art's peak body. There's no statutory registry of martial artists, hell even in the UK; where they have to put warning labels on steak knife displays in shops, they don't do that.
>>
>>81014393
ok yank, enjoy your Bendis books
>>
>>81017268
If I had to choose between Bendis and Millar, you know what? I'd have to fucking think about it.
>>
>>81014003
The world series question really bugged me Steve loves baseball, as for the my space thing considering Steve's age he most likely wouldn't of used Myspace not including the ice years.
>>
>>81017549
You expect the writer who wrote this, who thought he was putting captain america in their place with his witty journalist and her deep cutting intelligent questions, to know a damn thing about Steve Rogers?
>>
>>81014003

I kinda suspect Steve does indeed know who won the last World Series. A 40s boy isn't a football, basketball, or soccer fan - he loves him some baseball.

Not like any of this matters in suggesting you cannot fight for the american people unless you like going to goddamn nascar events.
>>
>>81014393
Oh my God, the Brits killed comics before the 90's variant holo cover era did!
>>
File: 1422503508734.jpg (19 KB, 231x298) Image search: [Google]
1422503508734.jpg
19 KB, 231x298
>>81014003
I've been working with computers for over 20 years and I have no idea what the fuck is myspace

>logging onto youtube
do people really do this?
>>
>>81016320
because MUH STANFORD

MUH DEAD SCHOOL KIDS
>>
>>81014857
And she ironically learned how to use her originally harmless powers to directly hurt or kill someone because The Initiative wanted her to be a weapon. Most people focus on her being a sniper but forget about her using her cloud to choke someone.
>>
>>81018159
The rifle thing is more notable, because literally any trained adult in SHIELD could have filled the same role by taking the same rifle and slapping on their jetpack.

They forcefully conscripted and turned her into a sniper-assassin for no reason except she had a weak superpower, thats both pointless and evil as shit.
>>
>>81018235
I think it's more notable for the same reason, they didn't just turn her into someone as effective as a normal person with the same training and a little tech. They specifically made her into the kind of superpowered threat that the law was made to protect against.
>>
>>81015868
>elt his Hellblazer was one of the worst runs

Was that the "John has completely forgotten that people are right propper cunts for no fucking reason and is wearing spandex now"-run?
>>
>>81017846
>Hello young children, how do you do.jpg

>btw, we won't actually expose a dude who brainwashed a criminal and THEN put that criminal into a position of power where that brainwashed dude controlled domestic hit squads.
Tony is lucky that law and society are jokes in his 'verse and that "I can't remember shit" is the perfect legal defence.
>>
File: authority.jpg (912 KB, 1486x1408) Image search: [Google]
authority.jpg
912 KB, 1486x1408
>>81014430
And the Authority.
>>
>>81014650
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9GcEhNgFhc
>>
File: 250px-Dermott.png (78 KB, 250x252) Image search: [Google]
250px-Dermott.png
78 KB, 250x252
>>81015693
Fucking government, man.
>>
>>81014003
>Myspace is a joke
>Simpsons is a shadow of its former self

Gee you sure showed ol Cap up for not having his finger on the eternal pulse that is american myspace use.
>>
File: 207076-43383-captain-america.jpg (51 KB, 400x566) Image search: [Google]
207076-43383-captain-america.jpg
51 KB, 400x566
>>81014720
Cap's main issue with the registration act wasn't the superpowers thing, it was the fact that people would've had to reveal their identities to the government, which violates everything he stands for.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.