[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't be the only Marvel fan who hates the MCU can I?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 16
File: 1439360238347.png (171 KB, 335x358) Image search: [Google]
1439360238347.png
171 KB, 335x358
I can't be the only Marvel fan who hates the MCU can I?

I can't be the only one with good taste still
>>
>>81004228
>I can't be the only Marvel fan who hates the MCU can I?
No, not at all, in fact it's killing my love piece by piece.
>I can't be the only one with good taste still
Thinking you have good taste just proves your shit taste.
>>
>>81004228
Are you shitting me?

There's like an entire subculture on this board dedicated to hating on moviefags and showfags threads, claiming it's ruining comics and/or the board.
>>
File: 1441843154850.jpg (201 KB, 1832x797) Image search: [Google]
1441843154850.jpg
201 KB, 1832x797
>>81004228
>>
Really I just hate that a ton of storylines got shafted for the sake of MCU with Marvel Now.
>>
>>81004292
you guys need to honestly get your shit together. i come to this board from another board to get updates on the books but all that ever gets discussed is the movies, which i have no problem with but its ridiculous.

its a problem when im getting more info from anons on /v/ than the comic book board. now get mad at me for saying this.
>>
File: shittastepizzazz.png (2 MB, 1988x1408) Image search: [Google]
shittastepizzazz.png
2 MB, 1988x1408
>>81004228
>>
File: op.jpg (22 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
22 KB, 500x376
>>81004228
>>
File: 1437365463699.png (24 KB, 698x889) Image search: [Google]
1437365463699.png
24 KB, 698x889
>>81004228
>>
>>81004292
Hating movies in general is different than being a Marvelfan and not liking their movies

I'd wager the retards who keep yelling about movie threads don't even read comics or make comic threads, because if they did they'd have nothing to bitch about since they'd be discussing things they liked

Shitposters and trolls, every board has them
>>
>>81004422
Use the catalog.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 720x720
>>81004228
I really hope all cape dies now so we can all just forget about it and hope that it never happens again
>>
>>81004426
If Roxy isn't your waifu, your taste is shit
>>
>>81004538
no, /tv/. the movie bubble hasn't burst yet.
>>
It's impossible to generalize the MCU, as far as I'm concerned: for every brilliant powerhouse like The Winter Soldier, you have boring filth like Thor 2.

For every genuine knockout like The Avengers, you have formulaic shlock like AoU.

For every fabulous surprise like GotG, you have likable-but-lackluster films like Antman.

It's rarely outright BAD, but it often averages as very-mediocre.
>>
I am torn.

I love the movies and I sort-of like some parts of some of the TV series.

However, I *absolutely hate* how is MCU overtaking Marvel.
>>
>>81004228
Great thread dude! I love company wars! Let the battle commence!
>>
>>81004422
Hmm if only there was a way to not click on movieshit thread links.

oh yeah.......just don't fucking click on them. What are you a fucking child? Click on the other shit.
>>
>>81004623
This here.
If I knew without any doubt that the movie shit wasn't effecting the comics id be fine. But with the inhuman push and what theyre doing to the mutant side of things that is simply clearly not the case.

Which blows because i'm easy to please and love just about every mcu flick beyond thor and iron man 2.
>>
>>81004641
Are you dense?
>>
>>81004228

There are a lot of X-fags like myself who hate the MCU.
>>
>>81004641
>Company wars
>Strictly talking about Marvel

GTFO newfag
>>
>>81004641
m8 this is a Civil War
>>
>>81004538
>Thinking people won't come up with heros even if all the current ones are cancelled forever.
What's it like living in a dreamland?
>>
>>81005130
Eh if comics and cartoons weren't still in the majority id figure that might be approaching a sensible suggestion. But it still aint the case. Even now with DD season 2 just out, and BVS in a few days.
>>
>>81004472
its a figure of speech, autist.
>>
>>81005366
i'ts still a dumb thing to say when one is on a fucking board that hates on shit consistently day after day. I mean you can go into any single solitary thread about the MCU and know there are a large number of people who also hate that shit.
Fuckers just say 'i feel like im the only one' so they think they're a special snowflake.
>>
>>81005366
it's an obnoxious figure of speech worthy of derision
>>
reddit or forums strictly for comics. i've given up on reading comic books and don't like the movies so i spend my time on /v/ mostly and come back here for the drawfags
>>
>>81004779
>go to /tv/
>front page is Star Wars, Zootopia, Marvel Movies, Daredevil TV Shows, BvS, DC show thread, meme threads
>go to /co/
>front page is Star Wars, Zootopia, Marvel Movies, Daredevil TV Show, BvS, DC show thread, cartoon generals, /tv/ meme threads

When Iron Man came out I actually defended live action.
How could I have known.
HOW COULD I HAVE KNOWN.
>>
>>81005130
Comic threads exist, if you read comics you'd notice

I am in comic threads all the time, they arent as "hype" because comics are constantly coming out and are also usually shitty

Movies get hype because we all want to see our heroes on the big screen the way we always wanted, so weather its rage or joy we're excited for it

Going back to my point that the one faggot who is anti movies probably doesnt even read comics
>>
>>81006161
I'm anti-movie and I spend most of my time on /co/ in the recent purchase thread when it is active, or refreshing the catalog looking for an interesting comic thread.
I'm not too big of a fan of big two anymore so I rarely go into those threads.
>>
>>81005919
Jesus christ man, if you're going to discuss comics at least do it on /co/ and not reddit like a barbarian.
>>
File: fuck you marvel.jpg (140 KB, 596x490) Image search: [Google]
fuck you marvel.jpg
140 KB, 596x490
I wouldn't hate the movies if they weren't literally ruining the comics themselves

guardians is now REMEMBER THIS SCENE FROM THE MOVIE?

Iron man is now being pushed to be extremely likable after him being straight up evil/ totalitarian for the past 10 years after the iron man movies made money

The inhumans are being pushed so hard and the xmen are being basically shoved out of the way because marvel is disneys bitch

stories are being retconned to fit the movies now(the aliens from the movie were retroactively put into a storyline)

The characters are now being drawn like the movie actors instead of how theyve been drawn for decades

fuck you marvel, fuck everything you stand for
I haven't bought any of your fucking bullshit for the past 3 years and Im never going to support you ever again
>>
I watch the films and honestly enjoy most of them-- even if I tend to forget everything about them the next day. They really have become formulaic as fuck lately.

The reason why I tend to view the MCU negatively is because Marvel sees it as an excuse to fuck over the comic universe. The X-men books have been shoved because of this. You like the Fantastic Four? Too bad, we don't own that so fuck 'em. Also, Bendis is popular so the GotG are now memesters which is reflected in the movie.
>>
>>81006499
I completely forgot that secret wars was marvels two birds one stone.

They were able to push another needless event with a shit ton of tie ins, while at the same time disbanding the fantastic four for good.

Its fucking disgusting
>>
i also wish we could still talk about comics on /co/
>>
>>81004228
I only really like the fist avengers even that was very meh
>>
>>81006698
We do, but only on Wednesdays. Not to be that guy in the Win-o'-Thread but it truly is the best day to be on /co/.
>>
>>81006698
If you read comics, you could, cause you'd be in the constant storytime threads

But you don't, so you miss out on them
>>
>>81006408
>The inhumans are being pushed so hard and the xmen are being basically shoved out of the way
X-Men characters have more ongoings than Inhuman characters.
>>
>>81006772

There's a lot of story times I'm not interested in or have already read
They rarely have discussion anyway

>>81006766

even then it stops at like noon
>>
>>81006806
shit aint instant. X-men were the most dominant force in comic books sales wise in the early 90s. I would not be surprised if the highest selling comic books of all time were X books. This trend to diminish the mutant foothold in marvel comics is a recent one born out of a look at the long game. Marvel isn't gonna shit out one of their most profitable categories of titles all at once. But lo and behold suddenly its inhumans everywhere, and inhumans suddenly occupying the public headspace in the marvel universe mutants once did (feared and hated) while mutants are dying of some spooky inhuman disease. Cyclops, proff x, jean grey, wolverine. Dead (obviously i mean the original versions not teens from the past). Angel...fucking mindless husk as good as dead. Shit the only two original x-men even fucking left standing are beast and iceman. One of whom they turned into the biggest asshole of all time and the other a sudden closet homosexual for the dumbest reason of all time.

Sure the x-men are prominent but if you dont think theyre gradually being flushed down the fucking toilet you are simply not looking at the signs.
>>
>>81006772
Barely any discussion in story time threads unless you're posting something shit and/or controversial.
>>
>>81004472
>seven billion
The fuck happened? Last time I checked it was six billion. Is overpopulation meme real?
>>
>>81007074
Mods ban us if we speak out too much against the live action.
>>
File: 1450828361621.jpg (193 KB, 916x758) Image search: [Google]
1450828361621.jpg
193 KB, 916x758
I sorta agree with you. I prefer the FOX Xmen movies over MCU. They're more adult. MCU movies are pretty much kids movies.
>>
>>81006806
they straight up told their artist to never draw ANY xmen, or fantastic four character in ANYTHING outside of the comics

and the only reason they haven't outright cancelled the books is because contracts and money

if they could cancel it they most definitely would,

fucking marveldrone
>>
File: 1458007597674.png (360 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458007597674.png
360 KB, 500x500
>>81004228
>>
>>81007403

why are there so many X books and not just 1?
>>
>>81007442
Because they sell.
>>
>>81007205
ur mom just won't close her legs, m8
>>
>>81004228
Guardians, Winter Solider, and Iron Man 1 are decent blockbusters. Everything else is pretty forgettable. Daredevil is fantastic, though.
>>
>>81004228
No, current marvel comics are an abomination that you could not pay me cover price to read.

I am so, so happy that the MCU exists; now I never have to read a single new marvel comic in order to get my fill of the characters and stories.

I'll stick to the 50 years of actually good Marvel comics and the movies and shows.
>>
>>81007205
in 2013 it was 7.125 billion, and current estimates for 2016 put us at 7.4 billion. at this rate of growth we'll hit 8 billion in about fifteen years
>>
>>81006301
One of the mods for the comicbook subreddit is basically what you see if you look up neckbeard.

He, also, loves Squirrel Girl.
>>
>>81007788
So what you're saying is...

You hate bad comics, but love bad movies?

Great logic..I mean personally, I want good comics and good movies, but hey, to each their own
>>
>>81004292
Are you trying to say that live action does not dominate cape discussion on /co/mblr?
>>
I fucking hate every movie except Cap, IM and Hulk 1.

I'm also pissed Tony isn't a drunk, Thor never wears his helmet, and everyone quips to high heaven.

I fucking hate these movies. They're ruining the comics and films.
>>
>>81008953
>We will never get a mature Iron Man movie
>all future movies will only be marketed to children and manchildren

fug
>>
>>81009039
>only be marketed to children and manchildren
You know when I see people on here stop bitching about how SJW's are ruining comics because they're making the slutty costumes go away and 'hey its juss comics thats how it is' I'll buy into the idea that the movies should stop pandering to the manchildren too.
>>
>>81007205
Chinks upped their child allowance to 2 kids. Prepare your butthole.
>>
>>81009039
Fucking this.

I want a Tony Stark who drinks all the time, has a bottle in his right hand, and two girls in the other. Then he goes to his lab and makes some cool shit, and wrecks it when he's drunk.

He also installs a wine chamber in his suit, and refills it during the Invansion of new york, while fighting the aliens.

Then he destroys his life from the drinks, and decides to quit.

Then he learns about extremis and substitutes it for wine. It deteriorates his body, but Tony lives for thrills and fails to gauge his own future. He increases his intelligence, makes his body stronger and makes his suit integrated to his body when he ups his dose of Extremis. He thinks Captain America is the problem (he is) and then mistakenly tries to take all the power for himself, and others don't want him to. This leads to civil war. Panther has trust issues with tomy, while Peter is enamoured by him. So, he makes the Iron Spider for him, and eventually manages to piss T'Challa off, which makes him retreat, and then Tony takes on the Avengers with his suits.

Captain America, Bucky, Falcon, Black Widow, Vision, Ant-Man, T'Challa, Wanda and Clint.
He wins in the end, but his suit is puntured by Vibranium spears from T'Challa's private army. Tony is brought to Wakanda, and has a hearing. He is locked up and not allowed any contact with the rest of the world.

The postcredits of the movie show a Prison cell with a hole in it and a sheet of metal incribed with text that reads "I am Iron Man".
>>
File: image.jpg (293 KB, 1626x1223) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293 KB, 1626x1223
I couldn't find interest in marvel little by little from the moment they threw away the most important scene from Civil War when Spider-Man unmasked.
>>
File: StateTheObvious.png (342 KB, 762x570) Image search: [Google]
StateTheObvious.png
342 KB, 762x570
>>81004228
>I can't be the only one with good taste still
You realise you're still a capefag, right?
Or are you completely incapable of seeing the irony?
>>
>>81004269
>not acknowledging your own good taste

Plebian scum.
>>
>>81004422
You are 100% right. This board is dominated by live-action shit. I couldn't tell you what I would do for a comics only board.

This is coming from someone who doesn't really care too much about superheroes, but absolutely loves the comic medium.
>>
>>81005130
>either do this or just leave
I would HAPPILY go. Give me a board to go to and I'll be pleased as punch.
>>
>>81009583
This is the movie adaptation I would pay to see.
>>
>>81010175
This.
/co/ and /ca/ when
>>
>>81009583
>He also installs a wine chamber in his suit, and refills it during the Invansion of new york, while fighting the aliens.
I had no clue I wanted to see this.
>>
>>81008218
I'd rather discuss comics with a neckbeard, the original target demographic of comics, rather than /co/mblr
>>
>>81010096
I do read some cape stuff but I read a ton of indie and I agree. I'd love a comics only board. I'd settle for a manga and comics board, too. Even though it'd bring about a different Us vs Them between weebs and capeshit, at least the subject matter is more similar.
>>
>>81011814
To be fair, /a/ mostly talks about anime.
Or at the least the posters who read manga more aren't casuals as often.
>>
File: 1457342243737.jpg (60 KB, 693x663) Image search: [Google]
1457342243737.jpg
60 KB, 693x663
>>81004228
>>81004269
I'm conflicted. Marvel comics are unreadable. Absolutely horrendous excuses for literature. The cartoons are even worse.

The only joy to be had from the Marvel franchise nowadays is from the films, where continuity is simpler, easy to follow, and not contorted by SJW propaganda.

And yet, a large part of why Marvel comics and cartoons are so awful, is attributed to synergy with the films. Gaurdians of the Galaxy books wouldn't be nearly as bad as they are now without the meme film that inspired the need to change.
>>
>>81006408
>Iron man is now being pushed to be extremely likable after him being straight up evil/ totalitarian for the past 10 years after the iron man movies made money

The most recent Iron Man comic was about him trying to fuck over everyone Big Brother style. And still nobody cares about him, people only like RDJ
>>
I still wish they'd get over their aversion to magic.
>>
I don't hate it because the MCU is currently a lot better than the comics.
>>
>>81011983
Have to disagree. I had more fun reading Ellis's Moon Knight than from watching the entirety of the MCU.
>>
>>81009933
It's all relative
>>
I don't hate it but I do hate parts of it.
It's got some trash movies sure but it has just as many thanks are fun rides.
Though the changes the movies are makimg to the comics doesn't help my opinion of it.

[/spoiler]My favourite marvel team is nothing like it once was. While I'm glad more people like GotG and it's more popular, all I feel is salt.
>>
>>81012017
We just need Bendis to get the fuck out and everything will be better again... r-right?
>>
>>81010096
>I couldn't tell you what I would do for a comics only board.

You do realize...comics alone isn't enough to sustain it's own board right? Hence comics and cartoons.

My Little Pony itself is more popular than simply comics, a comics board would be utterly useless and have zero traffic

The funny thing is people think movies kill discussion here, they don't...there are comic threads, and you have every god damn moment to make a comic thread...there just isn't that much to discuss about modern comics, if it isn't a storytime who cares
>>
>>81012000
One good comic doesn't make everything else less shit.

For every Moon Knight you have like 3 Angela Queen of Hel, while for every AoU you have at least 3 GotG in the MCU.
>>
>>81010096
>This is coming from someone who doesn't really care too much about superheroes
Shocker.
>>
>>81012074
You think i'd have a problem with a slow board? We've got a god damn papercraft/origami board, comics can sustain a board just fine.
>>
>>81012074
>comics alone isn't enough to sustain it's own board right?
80% of the shit I see on /co/ are fucking capes.

If anything a Cartoon only board would be the one having problems staying afloat.

Look at /vp/, they are only relevant every 4 years when a new game is released and they're still alive. Now, every 2 months a movie about superheroes is hitting the theaters giving people something to discuss and every 4 months there's a new event that will change the multiverse forever (... forever... forever...forever).

If there'd be a comics only board, it would have enough material to survive just fine.
>>
>>81012236
>We've got a god damn papercraft/origami board
Anything weeb is far more popular than western media

>>81012325
>Look at /vp/, they are only relevant every 4 years when a new game is released and they're still alive.
You underestimate Pokefags and how they can make discussion out of absolutely nothing
They are also larger in numbers than the people who read comics
>>
>>81012532
>You underestimate Pokefags and how they can make discussion out of absolutely nothing
Like if Capefags weren't equally or even more autistic than them. Even without movies they'd just complain about CW or shitpost about Kamala all the day, everyday, and the board would be faster than /x/ or /ck/.
>>
>>81012532
>They are also larger in numbers than the people who read comics
>implying people who read comics are the only ones posting in superheroes threads
Oh my poor innocent anon.
>>
>>81012594
>>implying people who read comics are the only ones posting in superheroes threads
No, there are also people who like cartoons and movies, which is why this board is about as fast as all of /MLP/ when there isn't a movie premiere

>>81012574
You overestimate how many people read or care about comics
>>
>>81012642
>>81012532
See >>81012325
>>
>>81012677
See >>81012642

>>81012594
See >>81012642
>>
>>81012706
>>81012677
see
>>81004450

>>81012532
>>81012574
see
>>81004292
>>
>>81012706
Done. I don't see how anything you said refutes this part:
>"Now, every 2 months a movie about superheroes is hitting the theaters giving people something to discuss and every 4 months there's a new event that will change the multiverse forever (... forever... forever...forever).
>If there'd be a comics only board, it would have enough material to survive just fine."
>>
>>81012732
>>If there'd be a comics only board, it would have enough material to survive just fine."

No there wouldn't, because not that many people read comics

SURPRISE

Capeshit is made up of an equal part of nostalgic cartoon fans, movie fans, and comic fans
>>
>>81012824
Go look at the catalog. Take out anything cartoons related, and it'll look exactly the same. They don't read comics but still shitpost about it, they watch the movies and the Netflix series and that alone can make a board sustain itself.
>>
>>81012855
So what is your fucking point....the point I was responding to was that there should be a board for comics, NOT cartoons and live action discussion allowed.

Now you're saying that there are no comic fans and that they are all really fans of live action....what the fuck are you arguing? You're proving my point you god damned idiot.
>>
>>81012930
Nice change of goalposts, fagster.

I started to replying because there was this faggot who said a comics-only board would not survive alone.
>>
File: alan-moore-016.jpg (86 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
alan-moore-016.jpg
86 KB, 620x372
Hate is a little much, but the MCU kickstarted the current superhero trend, and I am already tired of it. I love capes, but they don't have to be in everything everywhere.

I also kinda agree with this guy, to a certain extent. Superheroes are largely a mid-20th century thing. Pop culture should go back to making new stuff instead of digging up old stuff and making it look brand new.
>>
I unironically like both the Thor movies, the entire Iron Man Trilogy and Ant-Man

I don't like the Avengers movies besides Scarlett Witch appearances and Cap movies are overhyped
I think AoS is the best Marvel series and all the Netflix ones are pretty much trash
>>
>>81012952
Then why would you reply to me, who was the one arguing against that all along

What are you, drunk? Get your fucking shit together
>>
>>81013151
>this much shit taste
>>
>>81004541

She kind of looks like Jasper. I wonder...
>>
Shit taste: the thread.
>>
>>81013054
I wouldn't even mind new cape comics if they made new characters (not new people wearing the old costumes) and stories around them. It's just been rehashing for the last few decades.
>>
>>81004538
Ooh! That's a *rare* Pepe!
>>
>>81014332
The only people with shit taste are the casual scum who like the MCU, faggot
>>
>>81006408
>The characters are now being drawn like the movie actors instead of how they've been drawn for decades

I don't really mind this. I find that many artists would take their liberties with a character and have a jarring effect when the artist changes mid-run. If everybody has the same subject to model their shit after things'll be a little more uniform. The movie casting was really good anyway, everybody looked the part somewhat.

Shoving black Nick Fury into 616 was unacceptable though. It will always be a shit-tier storyline.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.