[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question. Us at /co are we really unable to go to a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 31
File: batman-vs-superman-concessions.jpg (101 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
batman-vs-superman-concessions.jpg
101 KB, 1200x630
I have a question. Us at /co are we really unable to go to a movie and just enjoy it for what it is, and just have a good time? Some reviews came out and half of us are acting like the sky is falling the other half is gloating, about a movie none of us have seen. Reviews mean shit if you go in with an open mind and the movie isn't complete shit you will enjoy yourself if you go in expecting it to suck it will suck. Me I got my tickets and I'm going to watch it and enjoy myself. And you know what when civil war comes out I'm going to do the same thing. Let's not be a co divided and let's remember at the very least it's not zootopia
>>
OP, you optimistic bastard.
>>
Batman doesn't fight anyone until an hour and forty minutes in. And it's a dream sequence.
>>
File: 1402856597301.jpg (17 KB, 268x290) Image search: [Google]
1402856597301.jpg
17 KB, 268x290
I'm going in with high expectations. I've been on this movies ass since the first teaser. Every article, every trailer, every interview. THREE YEARS of waiting. Already bought my tickets the minute they went on sale and took off of work to see it opening night.

No amount of /tv/ shitposting is going to keep me from giving this film a fair shot.
>>
>>81001316
I'm pirating this movie and there is nothing you can do to stop me.
>>
>>81001511
Give /tv/ a few weeks when it gets released and they'll act like this movie is reddit tier shit.
>>
>>81001893
Go right ahead.
>>
>>81001316
The movie won't be as bad as Fant4astic, but it will have the same horrible problems Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron had.

Lack of focus
Too many characters
Teasing tons of other movies instead of just getting this one done.

The movie would've been better without Doomsday, WW and all the DECU teasing for Justice League.

Hence /co/ will hate it.
>>
File: 1457713209229.jpg (10 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
1457713209229.jpg
10 KB, 255x200
>>81001316
>mfw sensible OP
>>
>post tfw Civil War shits the bed and capeshit is done for good
>>
Wait, why is /tv/ going apeshit over this movie? I thought they hated superhero films.
>>
File: 1407302161881.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1407302161881.jpg
209 KB, 1920x1080
>>81001952
I don't care. /tv/ is as bad as /v/ at this point. /co/ is the only board I browse on 4chan. It really is a nice place to discuss my two biggest hobbies which are comics and cartoons. It's just shame with all these live action adaptions /co/ had to get mixed up in the mess that is /tv/.
>>
File: 1456754307322.jpg (50 KB, 526x404) Image search: [Google]
1456754307322.jpg
50 KB, 526x404
>>81002253
>>
>>81002274
That's exactly why they're going apeshit. Also the last Batman movie gave them a meme that has lasted for YEARS without slowing down at all.
>>
>>81002253
>post tfw Civil War shits the bed but critics give it a pass and keep it with a 70 and something average
Happens with all the bad Marvel films, except Thor 2 but that still was considered fresh anyway.
>>
How do you think that guy that died of cancer felt when DC showed him this movie before he passed?

Did it accelerate his death?
>>
File: 0-1.jpg (16 KB, 112x163) Image search: [Google]
0-1.jpg
16 KB, 112x163
I saw Movie Bob coming out of the showing I was at. He just kept sarcastically sighing to a friend, "Eeeeehhhh. Eeehhhhh."

I know how much you love his reviews and value his opinions. Yeah. Though that about sums up my feelings as well.
>>
>>81002457
People at the premieres loved it, he probably did too.
>>
>people STILL saying the too many characters shit
Of all the things to pick on, you pick on the one thing reviewers aren't talking about negatively
>>
>>81002274
The people that actually hate cape are a minority there, the board isn't elitist at all. They are far outnumbered by the people with entry level knowledge that don't give a fuck about film and just came to the board in the last couple years to fabricate memes.
>>
am I wrong or the X Men movie /co/ shitposts about because of their hatred for Jennifer Lawrence-Mystique and Munn-Psylocke may end up being better than Batman vs Superman and Civil War?
>>
File: 1356374486915.jpg (107 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
1356374486915.jpg
107 KB, 848x900
>>81002495
No we didn't.
I dunno. A buncha near me I overheard naysaying it after. Plus my friend who got passes at his show kept looking over to me and rolling his eyes or thumbs downing parts. And he is usually more optimistic than I.
>>
File: 1458262953849.gif (1 MB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
1458262953849.gif
1 MB, 350x196
>>81002459
>>81002611
>people will believe this shitposting namefag
>>
File: dumbcunt.jpg (5 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
dumbcunt.jpg
5 KB, 299x168
Can we talk about this guy seriously for a moment? Tall order I know, but I really do find him to be an interesting case study, as well as the studio who hired him.

Have you ever seen a guy, spectacularly fail over and over again, and yet is kept giving the reigns by his studio to take on big projects, despite his ability to deliver? Because any organization in the interest of making money would've gotten rid of this guy long ago. Let's analyze his films for a moment.

>Watchmen

People said it was a story so big and complex, it couldn't be adapted into a movie. But WB let Zack have a shot at it, ambitions were huge, and in the end he failed. I get some people love this movie, but in general it wasn't a critical hit.

>Man of Steel

This was WB's big budgeted attempt at having their flagship hero making a big comeback in the more modern cynical era that we live in. Once again they gave Zack Snyder the reigns. Now at this point, I would've advised against him, but I can understand why they let him do it. Maybe on paper his vision really did sound amazing. But once again, he failed to deliver.

>Batman v Superman

Which brings us to this movie. Now again, if I were a big studio head I would've advised against this. But the ONLY thing that made the situation different, is the writing talent of Affleck and Terrio. Remember the age old argument that Snyder is a great visual director, he just needs a good script behind his back? Well I guess that was the mindset the studio had with this one. But at this point in time over 40 reviews are out, a good sample size, and it's rated lower than Man of Steel.

There is, and I'm gonna cap this and make myself clear, NO EXCUSE to keep Zack Snyder on board at this point in time. He has been given chance after chance, and even had an award winning screenwriter at his back. To keep this guy on board for Justice League, when he couldn't handle a Superman movie, and a Batman vs Superman movie, would be to commit franchise suicide.
>>
>>81001316
I've never understood the bragging about something being shit part. Like I never expected this movie to be good, but I'd rather there be another good movie in the world than for me to be right one time on an anonymous Tajikistan shasmaqam image board.
>>
File: 1458359148089.jpg (105 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458359148089.jpg
105 KB, 750x1000
>>81001511
> high expectations
Anon.. no..
>>
>>81002673
I think all or at least most of his movies have made money.
>>
File: 20160322_183949-1-1.jpg (165 KB, 480x728) Image search: [Google]
20160322_183949-1-1.jpg
165 KB, 480x728
>>81002662
my body was not ready
It was time to shit.
>>
i was at a screening last night and liked it and so did the entire audience giving it an ovation and some praise as I was walking out, a online friend who went to one to loved it as well so i dunno, i bet regular fanboys will generally like it
>>
>>81002673

I agree with you
I was called a shitposter in another thread a few months ago because I said something like "I just went to wikipedia to check what this guys filmography is and every movie he has made is mediocre at best"
But I was being completely honest. If you wanted great reviews you didnt pick the right guy.
>>
>>81001316
>just turn your brain off, bro
No, Snyder needs to stop butchering my favorite characters. WB needs to stop letting him.
>>
>>81002673
You forgot his Legend of the Guardians of Ga'hoole something something

That was supposed to start a franchise.
>>
>>81002536
It's the thing /co/ will hate the most, just liek they brand Iron Man 2 and AoU as "2 hour trailers for future movies" instead of films.
>>
>>81002750
It's not enough to make a profit. You want a shitload of profit plus merchandise that people will buy. You want kids to adore it and convince parents to spend money on it. You want those same kids to look fondly back on the movie so that years down the line, they'll be happy to try out the latest reboot.
>>
>>81002803
> Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

I literally forgot this movie existed.

I have never seen it. Was it good? I remember back in 2010, I saw the trailers and I thought it looks quite cool.
>>
>>81001316
All I've heard is the the movie is "okay." Just "okay." DC fans aren't looking for just "okay." They want straight up GOOD movies.
>>
>>81002673
300 was great and a perfect comic book adaptation, bruh. Watchmen was also okay, as was MoS. his only true failing was Sucker Punch.
>>
Uh, I take it the reviews haven't been positive?
>>
File: 0.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>81002673
Affleck's Batman made this movie bearable.

Snyder's Superman sucked. I feel bad for Cavill. He seems like a great guy and coulda made a great Superman.

Gadot was pretty good and people cheered for WW. Of course it is just a relief she finally made it on the bit screen. Though I got Catwoman vibes from her as Diana in civies Might be biased as I kept thinking she looked more like her. Also tbe WWI thing is still dumb. Maybe dumber now seeing this.
>>
>>81002144
Sorry... I really don't see how AOU had a lack of focus or set up further plot lines beyond Tony fucking up bad and Him disagreeing with Cap which I felt was perfectly organic.
>>
>>81001893
too bad there aint no rips of it online.
>>
>>81002673
I actually liked Watchmen. But to be fair it might not have had much to do with his direction. The casting, the characters, and the way it looked was good.
>>
>>81002951
no one's saying 300 wasn't good, but that snyders a one hit wonderwoman
>>
>>81002803
Does ANYBODY remember that movie?
>>
File: _fox wat.jpg (25 KB, 266x303) Image search: [Google]
_fox wat.jpg
25 KB, 266x303
I don't know where all these critics are getting this from, I saw it and loved it. I'm even going to a midnight showing so I can see it again

But yeah, don't let a bunch of people on the internet decide for you whether or not you're gonna like the a movie
>>
>>81002979
Except Gadot is nowhere near as hot as Hathaway.

In character that is. Leather clad ass was pretty fine.
>>
File: 36736756318.jpg (397 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
36736756318.jpg
397 KB, 600x800
>>81001316

>dat image
>>
I have the weirdest relationship with this film.

All the negative hype has pre-conditioned me to think the movie is going to be shit. In a weird double-motion now I'm trying to pretend like I don't think it will be shit.

Regardless whether or not it is shit, the fact that my perceptions are already colored have ruined this film-going experience for me. In other words, there is no way for me to watch this film without an annoying little internal contrarian fighting with another annoying little internal shitposter throughout the entire film.

I've ruined this film for myself /co/, and you all are in the process of doing it to yourselves as well /co/! It was you, YOU!
>>
>>81003182
Never trust reviews. There are people who get paid to give a movie a lowest or highest score for a movie or whatever you're readign about. Plus there are always butthurt faggots who zerg rush giving it as many 0s or 10s as possible.
>>
Pretty weird how everyone holds movies up to some bizarre numeric standard. RT really? Just watch it and make your own opinion.

One example I can give is Force Awakens, %92 in RT and I think it's the most unnecessary, boring, faulty, plastic, made by committee piece of garbage I've seen since the last Star Wars came out.
>>
>>81003182
Seriously, I talked to my buddy and some of his group who saw the film at the Toronto fan screening last night. He said he loved it but it had flaws but still gave it a solid rating, as did the casuals with him. To be fair he's that Toronto Batman character (if anyone is familiar with that) so fanboyism is expected but I know him personally and he's a smart dude and he spoke about the movie fairly highly. Really surprised to hear critics giving it this hard a time. I was mostly expecting a warm but not glowing reception when it came out. Honestly though Im going to wait till after the weekend, all the reviews will be out by then and if people really care about what the response is that will dictate it far more. It's been a few hours and we have under 50 published reviews.
>>
Oh... oh my. I just looked it up.

Oh my oh my oh my...
>>
>>81003322
Well you haven't seen it yet and you already made up your mind that its boring because of internet comments.

Of course you're not gonna enjoy it, you already made the decision not to even before watching it.
>>
>>81001316
>let's remember at the very least it's not zootopia

But Zootopia is good unlike bvs
>>
>>81003262
jokes on you I don't plan on seeing this movie, lemme know when they make a batfam flick
>>
>>81002867
It was okay. Middle-of-the-pack stuff. There's been a lot worse in the last few years, and a lot better.
>>
File: Sean-Connery.jpg (21 KB, 570x359) Image search: [Google]
Sean-Connery.jpg
21 KB, 570x359
yfw a Justice League movie ends the same way as LXG did
>>
I can't see 300 or Sin City the same way since realizing that Frank Miller is batshit insane.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (221 KB, 566x548) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
221 KB, 566x548
I officially give up.
>>
>>81003509
Sin City 2 was what tipped me off that he was losing his vitality..

>2005 Miller vs 2014 Miller

I wonder if this movie is going to be as clustered as I think it's going to be.
>>
>>81003474
LIIIVEEEE!!!

Is it gonna kill Henry's career the same way LXG killed Connery's?
>>
>>81003530
Comparing B&R doesn't make sense, it came out long ago and they have only a fraction of reviews.

Compare it with more recent movies.
>>
>at the very least it's not Zootopia
You know that movie was actually good, right?
>>
>>81003613
He' be fine.
>>
>Superman handles a human terrorist by pushing him through several walls

He didn't learn a damn thing.
>>
>>81003853
It's painful but too true.
Make /co/ great again.
>>
>>81001316
>And of course now he’s squaring off against Batman, for reasons that even the film can’t quite understand. “He has the power to wipe out the entire human race,” says Ben Affleck’s Batman of Henry Cavill’s Superman. “If we believe there is even a one percent chance that he is our enemy, we have to take it as an absolute certainty.” Bruce, you’re meant to be among the smartest men on Earth and you can’t tell 1 per cent from 100 per cent? That makes literally no sense.
This is the kind of reviewer that you're listening to with that RT score.
>>
>>81003413
>because of internet comments
Because of an overwhelming critical majority that dislike it and say it's boring, anon.
>>
>>81003928
That sounds like he reviewed the trailer
>>
>>81004151
No, it just literally doesn't make sense. The entire point of the line is the "1%" part, as he's trying to justify a full commitment against something that might be improbable. It's a Dick Cheney quote, to show how much of a reactionary asshole Bruce is at this point with Superman.
>>
>>81004245
*the reviewer's reaction to the quote literally just doesn't make sense
>>
>>81004245
The main criticism of that review kind of sounds like it's purposefully blowing a line out of proportion.

It's like a middle schooler who claims an entire literary work is fucked because he supposedly found a typo in a single line, which is just sort of willful misrepresentation of the material.

I'm not sure if this movies is going to be good, I'm already predisposed to dislike it because Batman vs Superman is a done concept, but I'm ready for people to mistake nitpicking as substantial argumentation.
>>
>>81003617
it's actually only counting 17 more reviews.
>>
What I don't understand is why a lot of the critics are complaining about the darker tone or the fact that it isn't the same as the regular Marvel formula.
Is it because everyone so used to the Marvel formula? Would BvS get better reviews if it was the R cut since everyone would be expecting a 'darker' film?

Either way, I'm going to watch this on Friday and form my own opinion. I had a couple friends who really enjoyed the film and I trust their opinion since we have similar tastes. Though they could just be buying into the hype like everyone else.
We'll see/
>>
>>81003345
Millennials are literally incapable of thinking for themselves. Can you imagine the internet being around when Blade Runner came out? Critics hated that shit.
>>
you guys need someone to talk to? this amount of emotional investment isn't healthy

>>81005416

Blade Runner sucks and is overrated as fuck. Beautiful screensaver tho and the one speech is fantastic.
>>
>>81002723
Wow, Superman Lives actually had action figures produced?
>>
>>81005489
>you guys need someone to talk to? this amount of emotional investment isn't healthy
I know a lot of people will blame /tv/, but I've been around 4chan long enough to know that /v/(and ultimately /b/) is what ruined this place. Company wars started on /v/ many years ago and has infested every board since. /tv/ is terrible, /sp/ is terrible, /mu/ is /co/ has been terrible ever since MoS came out. And they all became terrible because /v/'s obsession with company loyalty and critic ratings couldn't be contained to one board.

I just wanna talk about comics, not which billion dollar conglomerate makes the worst adaptations of their properties.
>>
>>81005697
>not which billion dollar conglomerate makes the worst adaptations of their properties.

It's always odd when people talk about liking how their favorite is a financial success. As a fan, it's highly unlikely that I'll be partaking in those profits, it's more likely that I'll be spending money in buying merchandise. I'll never really get it.
>>
File: 243rwetrhth.png (45 KB, 542x379) Image search: [Google]
243rwetrhth.png
45 KB, 542x379
>MUH FUN

when will this sick meme end
>>
>>81001316
Just saw it, i honestly give it a 7/10. Better than Avenger 1, 2 but not better than the Winter Soldier
>>
>>81002673
Remember that watchmen did so bad they cancelled any idea of an animated killing joke until recently. Why did they put him in charge?

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3832240
>>
File: 1341724832017.png (129 KB, 250x418) Image search: [Google]
1341724832017.png
129 KB, 250x418
>>81005869
>this movie is great
>but it wasn't fun so I'm going to give it a bad score

This movie is exhibit A in the case of Marvel ruining comic book movies forever.
>>
>>81001316
I'm going in expecting the worst, just so whatever good parts the movie has give me some entertainment.

At least I'm getting a popcorn bucket out of it.
>>
>>81006046
Grand doesn't mean great, pal. Heaven's Gate was 'grand' and it killed westerns and at least one studio in the process.
>>
>>81006604
I hope this genre dies soon. Bring on the era of videogameshit so I can read muh comics in peace.
>>
>>81001402
So what? The Dark Knight was short on fight sequences, and the ones it had were shit.
>>
File: 1432851946595.jpg (43 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
1432851946595.jpg
43 KB, 500x388
I can't tell if all the damage control going on in /co/ is fanboyism or shilling.
>>
The most common complaint is that the movie is not "fun". To me if this can be capeshit that doesn't just rely on stupid action scenes then I'm okay with this.
>>
>>81001316
I will be completely honest.

I tend to like Marvel more. I see DC movies and fans as pretentious just because Christopher Nolan made a good Batman movie. But I always have hope for them. I understand the suffering of seeing the main brand competition doing so well and enjoying themselves while executives at Warners are retarded.

But then they came up with MoS and people started to have hope. I didn't mind, great. Finally DC is doing shit.

And the movie sucked. It didn't just suck. People here were actually treating it like it was great because their whole DC universe depended on it. I didn't mind, the shitposting was annoying.

But then AoU came. And it wasn't as bad as MoS, but DC fans and shitposters couldn't resist the opportunity to shit on a movie getting like 75 RT score. It was really pretty childish and stupid, but it kinda got to me since the movie was nowhere as bad as MoS.

So now BvS is about to release and all these fanboys are claiming "kino" and "Oscar nominee shoe-in" to annoy Marvel. OBVIOUSLY I AM GOING TO ENJOY THE SHIT OUT OF THIS.

You brought it upon yourselves. Wish you had that barely decent Thor TDK 65% now, huh? Fucking haters.

Best wishes for Suicide Squad though. And maybe DC should switch around their tv people with their movie people.
>>
File: batman visiting his parents.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
batman visiting his parents.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>81007549
It makes me upset that Captain America is a much better Superman than Superman was in Man of Steel, and probably in Batman v Superman.

I kind of want the DC movie franchise to just crash and burn, so that they stop trying to make everything dark and gritty since Nolan's movies were well received.

Yeah, Batman is best in a shitty world like Gotham, but he works even better when he's a direct contrast to the inspiration and hope of Superman in Metropolis. And there was nothing inspiring about Superman in Man of Steel.
>>
>>81006771
Yeah but TDK wasn't a capeshit movie like BvS, TDK was a crime drama with some Batman added to it.
>>
>>81008262
Amen, brother.

Fucking Nolan ruining the tone of DC movies for a good decade or so.
>>
>>81001316
>Let's not be a co divided and let's remember at the very least it's not zootopia
Yeah zootopia was good.
>>
File: Muh Hope!.jpg (7 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
Muh Hope!.jpg
7 KB, 241x209
>>81001316
This is the right attitude, OP. You keep on truckin
>>
>>81001316
batman vs superman is finally a movie that happened. finally. after 80-ass years. and it has been disappointing at every single turn, as we've followed its development.
can you really say the sky isnt falling? does this not bother you in some deep way? This is bigger than all of us. This is entertainment itself, the phenomenon that dragged america out of the mire of shitmediocrity, the PERSONIFICATION of innovation and invention, dying. entertainment is dying. it's choking to death right now. can you really deny it anymore? this isn't just nostalgia, entertainment is fucking dying. can't you feel its pain?
>>
>>81006994
>Snyder
>doesn't just rely on stupid action scenes
>300
>Watchmen
>Sucker Punch
>Man of Steel
>doesn't just rely on stupid action scenes

you are a joke
>>
Sounds like someone has sand in their vagina
>>
>>81001316
>gloating

All I'm saying is that I fucking called it. I take more pleasure in being right than I would seeing this shit movie
>>
>>81001316
>it's not Zootopia

Oh I thought this had a cute bunny in it. Tickets cancelled.
>>
>>81008873
no need to lie anon, just admit you're a furry
>>
File: 145775345779.gif (1 MB, 250x317) Image search: [Google]
145775345779.gif
1 MB, 250x317
>>81001316
>at the very least it's not zootopia
Zootopia is good anon.
>>
File: gone.png (661 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
gone.png
661 KB, 848x900
>copy the dark knight returns because "HEY, PEOPLE LIKE THAT BOOK" without any of the context and force into your dumb man of steel sequel
>rush justice league
>try to maintain man of steel's realism and tone while sharing the fucking screen with unrealistic bullshit like doomsday and wonder woman and the flash, etc
>stunt cast so hard you're forced to turn Lex Luthor into a character that ISNT lex Luthor
>stunt cast so hard you're forced to have a holocaust skeleton they dug out of auschwitz that cant even act play wonder woman
>wonder why your movie sucks dicks

FUCK

WARNER

BROTHERS
>>
>>81001316
Of course I can...when the movie offers content that enables my having a good time. Unfortunately most of the reviews released today complained BvS didn't have enough of that kind of content, which really shouldn't have been as much a surprise as some anons make it seem, as MoS was lacking in the same department as well.
>>
>>81008262
>want the DC movie franchise to just crash and burn
What franchise? You're talking about two Snyder movies... That's it.
>>
>>81011721
WB should just sell DC to Disney already.
>>
I have a good time if the movie's good. I liked Man of Steel, I don't care about RT "scores", and I'm optimistic that I'll enjoy Batman Bin Superman. The only people I don't dig are the ones who can enjoy ANY movie by turning your brain off.

Fuck you. You turn your brain off at school, work and probably even enjoy a couple of substances that turn your brain off FOR YOU. The least you could do is make an effort on the behalf of your own pleasures.

I will enjoy Batman vs Superman with my brain ON because seeing these films is what gets me through the shit where Ieave it off.
>>
>>81011792
>I have a good time if the movie's good. I liked Man of Steel, I don't care about RT "scores",
This, not sure when 4chan became so hungry for critic dick, go watch it yourself or don't.
>>
>>81008549
>Crime drama with some Batman added to it
>implying Batman didn't start as pulp crime story title, and was only changed to a generic superhero in the 60's because Comics Code didn't allow crime books anymore
>>
>>81011776

They should just cut DC loose period. Give the company a chance to become untangled from the corporate mess that is WB's movie-making process. Hell Marvel managed to put together some solid movies before being bought by Disney.
>>
>>81011792
> I liked Man of Steel, I don't care about RT "scores", and I'm optimistic that I'll enjoy Batman Bin Superman.

I'm optimistic you'll like the movie too, because you apparently like shit Superman movies.
>>
>>81011899
>Hell Marvel managed to put together some solid movies before being bought by Disney.
three
>>
>>81011916
I like the originals too. I hold those movies above even Star Wars.

Why can't we like different versions of stuff? Why does it irk you so?
>>
>>81002768
>white
>fat
>batfag
Of course.
>>
>>81011923
Three is some, anon.
>>
>>81003970
>I only like things other people tell me to like
???
>>
>>81001316
>and let's remember at the very least it's not zootopia
It's not surprisingly enjoyable and nuanced then?
>>
>>81002611
man, your friend sounds like an attention whoring dickhead.
>>
File: Woo_woo!.gif (1 MB, 200x320) Image search: [Google]
Woo_woo!.gif
1 MB, 200x320
>>81001316
>it's not Zootopia
Anon, you want us to watch things without worrying about reviews and opinions and to keep open minds; at the same time though you are harbouring preconceived notions about Zootopia that make you not want to see it.

I feel sorry for you, and I hope you come around soon and manage to see Zootopia. Ignore the memes, reaction faces, continual run of threads. Just go see it because it's a great new Disney movie with a vast amount of love and very hard work put into it by all the crew.
>>
File: 1457902661540.gif (215 KB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
1457902661540.gif
215 KB, 500x209
>>81012306
>>
>>81001316
>it's not zootopia

That explains why the movie is shit.
>>
File: 1358726837855.jpg (35 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
1358726837855.jpg
35 KB, 667x670
>>81001316

I really had hope critics would like it this time but now that the almost worst case happened, I feel a little sad but more indifferent than anything, because I still am gonna see the movie and enjoy it but I sure know the movie-threads are gonna be unbearable from now on and the critics might affect the DCEU as a whole.

I kinda feel bad for Cavill and Ben too, as they seem be enjoying what they are doing, I don't want to completaly blame Snyder though, I loved watchmen and 300 and pushing a lot of JL stuff into this movie seems more like a WB exec decission to me.
>>
>>81013573
Eeeehhh, who knows? It's only day 1. As some anon said, we'll see how the week goes. It might go up to the 40 range. But probably not to 80s like many wanted.

Best wishes to Affleck and Cavill.
>>
>DCCU threads getting deleted

Holy shit, this is stupid.
>go discuss this thing completely related to comics translated into another format on /tv/!

What, if it's live action, it's suddenly not comic related? Would you tell people discussing the Ratchet and Clank film on /v/ to boot it to /co/?
>>
>>81013637
Mod doesn't want to make a sticky.
>>
>>81002611

Xenos is a grade A shitposter, he doesn't even leave his house, don't listen to him
>>
>>81003410

oh look is Boco the piece of shit trip fag, now the thread is complete!
>>
>>81009606
All will be well...
>>
>>81013737
Hey, cut it some slack.

It was 35% an hour ago.
>>
>>81002673
They should not gave him a shot at BvS when they saw what happen to MoS, it's awfully clear that this guy reek of problem.

Watchmen make it very clear that he can't handle the movie with good script and MoS make it clear that he can't do the box buster right.

They let him direct BVS after those 2 disaster is insane.
>>
>>81002536
Yeqh because its still a major problem with some of these movies. I mean fuck its part of why both Spidey series died. Juggling a large cast is very difficult especially when you're seeing all or most of them for the first time in that movie.
>>
>>81006046
The movie is fucking shit yet you dumbfucks still try to blame Marvel. It's NOT good. Get over it. You people are pathetic.

I knew BvS wasnt gonna get a high rating, but I desperately wanted it to be great.

Maybe they should just fire Snyder.
>>
>>81013824

X-men did it from the get-go. Many characters isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>81001316
>half of us are acting like the sky is falling the other half is gloating
Actually, most probably don't give a shit.
>>
>>81002673
He is jewish.

>>81002951
300 was pretty much just a transcript of the comic. The story was there already and the book was short anyways.
>>
>>81014033
>Snyder was born in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and raised in Riverside, Connecticut. His mother, Marsha Manley (née Reeves), was a painter and a photography teacher at Daycroft School, which Snyder later attended. His father, Charles Edward "Ed" Snyder, worked as an executive recruiter.[1][2][3] He was raised as a Christian Scientist.[4] Snyder attended Camp Owatonna in Harrison, Maine, during the summer months as a child. Snyder's mother inspired him to study painting a year after high school at Heatherley School of Fine Art in England, although he had already begun filmmaking. Afterward, Snyder attended the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California (where he was classmates with Michael Bay).
>>
File: 1368509690115.jpg (86 KB, 600x608) Image search: [Google]
1368509690115.jpg
86 KB, 600x608
>>81014085
>where he was classmates with Michael Bay

That explains everything.
>>
>>81014085
>Christian Scientist

Explains way too much.
>>
>>81013753
>>
>>81001316
>At least it's not zootopia
Wha-? Zootopia is good. Hell, I'm not a furry, and I want to see it again.
So, does that mean, you have no faith in this film?
>>
>>81001316
>Let's not be a co divided and let's remember at the very least it's not zootopia
What exactly is this supposed to mean?

Did you intend to completely fuck over your entire statement with that?
>>
>People quoting the 36% on Rotten Tomatoes
You people do realize that that number isn't the actual average critic score right?
>>
File: 1390063418792-2.jpg (85 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
1390063418792-2.jpg
85 KB, 600x602
>>81014444

It doesn't matter if it is for shitposting purposes. I'm not really suprised /tv/ is shitposting on /co/ as well, I mean people are easier to troll here than on /tv/ where everyone is doing nothing but shitposting.
>>
>>81001316

I'll go see the movie.

I also know that MoS had A LOT of narrative problems.

So I'm not expecting this to wow me. Specially no with the crictique it's getting.

I'll probably enjoy the spectacle, and leave the theater with a slight headache, just like it happened with MoS.
>>
>>81002673

Well, 300 was alright.

He completely fucked Gahoole.

And let's not even speak about his baby Suckerpunch.
>>
>>81002867

It's a generic epic with owls instead of people.

The owls fight against eachother with helmets and metal talons IN SLOW MOTION.

In the movie's favor, the I found the owls really beautiful.
>>
>>81003922
We'll build a wall and make /tv/ pay for it
>>
>>81002867
>>81014752
>mfw it has a higher score than BvS
Fuck this fucking fuck world.
>>
>>81001316
It costs over twenty bucks to see a movie at the cinemas in my city. That's eight litres in wine. I only go to the cinema if I have it on good faith that I wouldn't have more fun getting drunk and streaming movies at home.
This isn't about company wars. I liked Nolan-Man pt. 1 and 2. I liked Deadpool. I liked Winter Soldier. Those movies had something to offer me.

BvS has NOTHING to offer me that I want. Everything I've seen and heard of it is so unappealing I'd hesitate to go see it for free because that would still be an afternoon I'd never get back. I'd honestly rather invite some friends over and rewatch the Schumacher movies
>>
>>81014791
>It costs over twenty bucks to see a movie at the cinemas in my city
Jesus christ, where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>81014800

Anywhere USA? Have you not paid attention to how much movie ticket prices go up? Or do you only go in the morning for matinee prices? Jesus.
>>
>>81001316
I know I am late to this thread, but your main issue here is that you seem to be listening to what /co/ says.

/co/ is gibbering mental patient whose mind is a constant battleground for publisher wars, cartoon autism and whether movies are /tv/

as for myself, I avoid trailers and reviews of films and will decide to see a film based on the characters/actors in it. in the case of BvS I hated Man of Steel so won't go out of my way to see it but if my friends are going and invite me along then i'll go
>>
>>81014085

That makes so much sense.
>>
>>81014820
I live in one of the most expensive cities in the USA, and I'm paying 10 bucks to see movies in major theaters. I mean, it ends up around 20 if I want to buy shitty food, but it's 10 all day otherwise. Looking at prices for BvS, it's $11~$13 or so for the big openers.
>>
>>81014791

I'll have to pay 50, or 100 if the only showing that matches my schedule is 3D.
>>
>>81014085
>Christian Scientist
>Classmates with Micheal Bay

Well, this explains a few things.
>>
>blaming the reviewers for giving Snyder, the genius behind Sucker Punch and Legend of the Guardians, a mediocre score
he's not some fucking arthouse director, he's not misunderstood, these movies are just shit

what is so hard to believe about that?
>>
>>81014820
I live in LA and it's 9 bucks near my theater and it's a pretty nice one too. When I went to Palo Alto with a friend to watch the Martian at this swanky ass theater with reclining chairs and reserve seating, it was also only 10 bucks.
>>
>>81014444
>>81014628
5.1 isn't that much better of a number to be quoting
>>
>>81001316
>Implying Zootopia is bad
fag
>>
>>81014085

>He was raised as a Christian Scientist

Oh, so that's why there's Jesus imagery everywhere.

I'm not even surprised.
>>
>>81014909
>if the only showing that matches my schedule is 3D.
god I hate it when that happens. paying double for chromatic aberration and maybe two shots that actually pop out, and having to put up with 3d glasses over my actual glasses
>>
>>81003070
AoU is complete shit with false marketing where Ultron was marketed as a threatening villain and he was a literal fucking joke in the movie.

Just understand the following, up till now there hasn't been a single villain in MCU that has completely kicked the teams ass.

I honestly fear for Thanos.
>>
OP looks like it should be on fucking reddit.
>>
>>81015133
and everyone has blamed Whedon for that hands down. But the movie is still good.
>>
>>81015109

Well, 3D was the only showing I could get for KFP3, and those 100 were fucking worthy.

What a spectacle.
>>
>>81015109
>shots that actually pop out,
He falls for the fake 3d.
>>
>>81007549
I like how marvel fags pretend that they didn't start that shit by shitposting about MoS every five seconds
>And maybe DC should switch around their tv people with their movie people.
No, fuck you
Daredevil and Winter Soldier are better than anything MCU produced in a long time
Fun and camp isn't the only way to fucking go
Fuck DCTV and it's retardedly written camp in a bad way shit
>>
>>81015133
At least it has a core story and a theme...BvS was just try hard dark and gritty shit without story and shit. Hell, even Affleck and Terrio can't pull it, I bet the original script must be godawful.
>>
>>81014324
nice facebook tier post
>>
File: its ok if it is fun.jpg (43 KB, 739x276) Image search: [Google]
its ok if it is fun.jpg
43 KB, 739x276
>>81015190

and yet the same excuse is being used for everything "fun".
>>
>>81015149
I might be bitter about BvS being shit, but that doesn't change the fact that AoU was never a good movie, it was an okay movie at best and a huge letdown.
Again not as much as BvS but I did not enjoy AoU and as I said I fear for what Marvel will do with Thanos when shit is actually supposed to get threatening for real.
>>81015174
That's not "at least"
Titular character of the movie was a shitty mess, Ultron in the age of Ultron was a joke.
Story is coherent, sure, but the core of the movie itself, Ultron, is meh at best and nothing like what he was marketed as.
>>
>>81015227
If I wanted to turn my brain off, I'd watch your average Marvel movie. This is looking like a disaster and I'm not going to pretend otherwise. I am still going to see the movie which is probably going to decide if I'm ever going to watch another superhero movie again. There are a lot of great superhero comic books (hardly any ongoing, though) where you don't have "turn of ur brain and just have fun!!" but none of the movies come close. They either try too hard or are just a complete joke no one seems to be in on (Age of Ultron).
>>
>>81013853
It's actually a terrible thing for the X-Men movies, because the vast majority of the cast is fucking wall paper and utterly pointless. Those movies are carried solely by the performances of a few spectacular actors
>>
>>81015247
Look I agree AoU was a letdown but I think it had at least a general direction of what it was doing even if the Ultron was below expectations. Plus, pretty much everybody agrees it's a step down from the previous movie and not some misunderstood capekino masterpiece like people are doing here
>>
what comics should I read to get all the references in Batman v Superman?, I have the feeling you need a lot of comic knowledge to get half of the film.
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.