[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this the best fantastic 4 film? not including the one that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
is this the best fantastic 4 film? not including the one that was never intended for release.

i'm watching it again right now and aside from every scene involving johnny, it's almost decent.
>>
I'd argue for the 1994 film, but c'mon now
Charming bad does not equal good
>>
>>81925549
good casting. Doom wasn't too bad. They did the origin wrong but the design was ok

should have been something like:
>Doom has been badly injured by an explosion either by sabotage or his own impatience with severe internal injuries and a small scar on his face which he is more angry about than his other injuries
>he is told he is not going to live so he is approached by some friends of his mothers who believe they can keep him live through magic
>he dons the metal suit partially as life-support and also as traditional Latverian armor, he puts on the mask while it is still hot and, because of his impatience, burns his face
>Doom had become a figure of inspiration for the people of Latveria after surviving against the odds, also because he is a leading scientist
>the cloak/hood he wears is due to his high status in Latveria
>Doom uses tech based weapons, as well as magic and augmented abilities due to his suit
>>
Jessica Alba is hot

That's +50 pts.
>>
>>81925574
i've seen bits of it on youtube and it really is pretty charming in that old lifetime original film kinda way. i guess it's the best we could hope for from a film with a nonexistent budget.
>>
I liked the game based on it.
It wasn't that bad for a quick movie cash-in.
>>
File: The_Incredibles.jpg (163 KB, 255x382) Image search: [Google]
The_Incredibles.jpg
163 KB, 255x382
>>81925549
This is the best Fantastic Four movie.
>>
>>81925549
i watched this yeasterday-watching thru all the FoxCU- it really feels like a director from the 50's made this movie.
>>
>>81926839
great co-op gameplay.
>>
>>81925549
I think it is a nice movie. 00's broodyness really wasn't ready for it, so people didn't like it, but it was kind of charming at times.

It's riddled with heavy faults, but the tone was criticized at the time and would be a + now, instead of a - then. I even like the Galactus' interpretation if they had put the purple man at the centre of the space-hurricane to make him skyscraper tall instead of planet-sized.

GOAT Ben/Silver Surfer casting. Great Johnny/Reed. Good Doom. Shit Sue.

Shitty plot-writing of course, but the characters had their moments, especially Johnny/Ben.

With a well-written, less jumpy plot, real Doom and a new, MILFy Sue it'd be pretty great.

>>81927204
It's got the general character dynamics, but there isn't a direct correlation of character to character except for Sue/Elastigirl.

The adventure was cool but I think they could go full Rick-and-Morty adventure on a movie now. Just with non meta-edgy characters.
>>
File: 1457124862689.jpg (50 KB, 700x640) Image search: [Google]
1457124862689.jpg
50 KB, 700x640
>>81925614
>Doom wasn't too bad.
>>
>>81927424
The suit was okay for the time. It's gotten worse at each iteration, though. The actor was perfectly fine for a well-written Doom, but that's not what we got.

Repeatedly mixing his origin with the four is retarded.
>>
bunp
>>
>>81925638
Yet she was the worst character in the show.
>>
>>81925549
>aside from every scene involving johnny
He was the best part of the movie
>>
>>81925549

I'd argue the sequel was better by virtue of things actually happening.

That first Tim Story F4 is just so fucking boring. Nothing happens in the movie beyond saving people on a bridge and a 45-second tussle with Doom that looks straight out of Heroes. And the emotional/character work was just complete junk.

Rise of the Silver Surfer was junk too, but it was shiny junk and it had things happening for the entire movie. The first one is in serious contention for the dullest cape film ever made, it seriously feels like an extended pilot for a really terrible 2000's TV show.
>>
>>81925549
>is this the best fantastic 4 film?
The very definition of "Not saying much".

The rest of the movie was pretty cheesy, which is good, I just wish they had embraced that same cheesiness for Doom.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.