[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Reboot the DCEU *again*
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
I'll start with the Movie Schedule
>Justice League
>Superman
>Batman
>Wonder Woman
>Justice League 2
>Superman 2
>Green Lantern
>Batman 2
>Flash
>Wonder Woman 2
>Shazam: TV series
>Superman: Trinity War
>Suicide Squad: TV series
>Lobo
Teen Titans: TV Series
>Green Lantern 2
>Flash 2
>Justice League 3: Part 1
>Justice League 3: Part 2
>>
>Superman Trinity War

Wew lad
>>
Fire Snyder and Johns (he did green lantern and the CW shows, he's shit).

Get a good creative team, the rest will follow.
>>
focus on the two biggest properties, do some c/d-list movies inbetween

>Batman 1
>Justice League 1
>Suicide Squad

>Batman 2
>Justice League 2
>Lobo

>Batman 3
>Justice League 3
>Sandman

>Batman 4
>Justice League 4
>Swamp Thing

>Batman 5
>Justice League 5
>Doom Patrol
>>
>>80996783
>Johns (he did green lantern
He was one very small piece of a very large fuck up.
>>
>>80997060
Fair enough mate, just don't think he's a good screenwriter.
>>
>>80996438
First things first, don't call it the DCEU.
>>
>>80996438
At this point I think they're just going to give up. They've burned so much money on this and aren't going to see any return on it.
>>
>>80996783
If they would straight up adapt Johns stuff (Secret Origin and that pretty gay issue where Bruce was jealous of Lightning Lad for BvS) they wouldn't be in this situation
>>
>>80997248
Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are done, they will release. Warner Bros can afford to have a movie bomb - they might well still chance the Justice League as long as BvS is not a commercial failure (which is very unlikely).
>>
>>80996438
cinematic universes are a mistake

adapt classic stories into stand-alone movies with new cast/directors each time, like...
>Kingdom Come
>Superman: Red Son
>Batman: Long Halloween
>Batman: Gotham By Gaslight
>Green Lantern/Green Arrow
>>
>>80996438
You guys are acting like BvS is flopping hard. Heck, the movie is not out yet.

Like seriously, who cares what bunch of critics or fans said. Go and make your own opinion on the movie.

DCEU isn't going anywhere as long as this movie doing well in BO.
>>
Every time I see a "how would you handle the DCEU?" thread it's always
>Batman
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
A million titles featuring them. When will people realise that having to rely on B-listers and C-listers is what forced Marvel to actual develop halfway decent scripts and put out acceptable movies?

If you can't bank on people buying tickets just because the heroes are the big names, you've gotta step up.

Point is, these hypothetical threads would be much more interesting if they went "oh btw Fox has the rights to Batman, Superman and their related characters, you gotta make a cinematic universe without them!" to see what anons can actually come up with creatively.
>>
>>80997517
That's fucking stupid. Those stories already exist, let the writers write what they chose for better or for worse.
>>
>>80996783
Why everybody is forgetting about Goyer? He is just terrible
>>
Just get rid of fucking Snyder. Do DCfriends not want their blockbusters to be universally liked instead of these extremely divisive, contentious black holes of shitposting?
>>
>>80996438
If i'm rebooting DCU? Here is my method that nobody would ever watch and would fail and only i would love

>First movie (and trailer) begins with a ww2 transport ship with a burning engine about to go down. Its at the tail end of the war right before the Germans surrender. Suddenly something shoots by causing a Nazi fighter to get clipped in the wing as it closes in for the killing blow. A buckling of metal as something comes from underneath, leveling out the plane, bringing it safely to the ground.
>The troops pour out of the transport and look up, a silhouette there in front of the sun you can't make out until a slight shift in the angle reveals Captain Marvel.
Basically the entire universe would be a series of period super hero movies taking place in a DC universe that exists for the most part post ww2.

>2nd movie: Sandman
We introduce Sandman in an old dark pulp noir style and also bring in Black Canary

>3rd movie: Wonder Woman
Movie will be about her journey through world war two and how she should interfere in the world of man as a representative of themyscria

>4th movie: Hawkman
We also use this as an introduction to Doctor Fate

>5th movie: JSA
Would also introduce Jay garrick Flash

>6th movie: Green Lantern

then you can just spin off from there adding more solo stuff and sequels as needed.
>>
>>80998488
Yeah he's shit too, but his script was re-written and he isn't involved with JLA.
>>
>>80998369
That's basically what happened with CW-verse
>>
>>80996438
Movies is not working for DC, so do not use movies as a first step. Focus on what is working now.

Step 1: ignore all previous DC movies

Step 2: Double down on what even slightly works:give the Arrow/Supergirl/Flash/Legends Of Tomorrow shows movie money for WRITING AND CASTING and better practical effects.

Step 3: Two netflix series: All Star Superman For All Seasons, Batman Year 0
Both start with origin stories which the movies havent actually done and so have not been run into the ground. the first 1/4 of each runs through them going form childhood to the put on the cape moment. They are concurent in time. The Waynes are shot the night the Kent's find the pod. Themes of family, hope, of using and not using power. We see Bruce become obsessed with stopping crime through programs and scholarships and fundraisers and then selfdestruct into playboy mode when he realises its all down to high level corruption and institutional shit. We see Clark the kid sci fi nut learn of his powers, fall in love with using them, discover the pod hidden in the barn and become terrified of using them lest the government take him away. Then we get year one stuff for the rest of the series.

Step 4: Introduce movie properties that have not been run into the ground: King Aquaman, Wonder Woman of Themyscyra, SHAZAM. Focus on the high level super powers and mythological themes that marvel has done poorly with.

Step 5: Use those to introduce Justice League, bringing together Aquaman, Wonderwoman and Shazam (not Captain Marvel, to confusing for the audience and marvel will probably get that one first) and showing of Batman and Superman with newcomers Cyborg and Martian Manhunter.

Step 6: Diversify into street level and magic (Hellblazer Show with Deadman, Zattana Show with Dr Fate) while using Justice League movies to keep the already introduced properties in the public awareness. Introduce the sidekicks in a movie and give them a spinoff show. Lantern Corps event.
>>
>>81000141

>Arrow

It was good for the first two seasons. It needs to end.
>>
>>81000141

> Themes of family, hope, of using and not using power. We see Bruce become obsessed with stopping crime through programs and scholarships and fundraisers

You literally just described a sub-plot of Gotham.

>We see Clark the kid sci fi nut learn of his powers, fall in love with using them, discover the pod hidden in the barn and become terrified of using them lest the government take him away. Then we get year one stuff for the rest of the series.

And here you're literally describing the plot of Smallvile

What are you doing kid?
>>
>>81000477
But unlike a lot for the DC liveaction stuff it has at least sort of worked for a while. Doubling down doesnt mean more of the same, it means take what you have and put more effort into it.

End it, give the team a break, improve them with movie money, turn "Arrow" into "Green Arrow" (as in show title to separate it a little).
>>
>>80997183
He hasn't written any DC movie????
>>
>>81000581
Smallville ran for a DECADE but suffered from it and tried to bring in wayyy to much for its budget. Retold tighter and shorter as something like a netflix series it could be incredibly popular at the moment, especially if it lets the smallville part actually end and lets Clark do the Superman thing properly.

I mean, yeah, its been done before but not quite in the same way. Plus it was six years ago now.

As for Gotham thats the one DC show I haven't watched yet because I heard it was all about the villains and bitplayers backstories, but in a way that was overly focused on the "ooOooOOh look its young scarecrow/penguin/harvey dent/gordon" without actually going into their character so much. Batman has one of my favorite rogues galleries but because they are all actually fairly complex as characters I've been kinda scared to see how they would be treated.

Maybe I'll check it out.
>>
>>81001147
>>81000581

Oh plus the one thing I always hated about smalville was that it WASNT an origin story. It was like an alternate universe "what if superman was superman in highschool" instead of "how does the baby Kal El become the child Clark Kent who chooses to eventually become superman".

It feels like it skipped several very important steps in the characters development to have an excuse to use Superman early for audience satisfaction through "The O.C. but with super powers".

I was thinking more like... three 45 minuet episodes that start with the pod crash landing and the kents going "holy shit super baby" and kind of teaching him to not use his powers out of fear, a middle of him adjusting and experiencing earth and becoming human and having friends but getting fucked up by finding the pod and having a personal moment of repression, to go "no no im normal", and an end in the third ep with teen Clark discovering the pod and being given some reason to actually use his powers (like maybe his Pa almost being killed by a twister) with the episode ending with him moving the pod to the Arctic and tunneling a radar/satalite imaging proof cave where he sits and thinks alone for like a month before deciding he cant do nothing any more, but to not hate himself for not doing something earlier, because he is human.

The fourth ep would start with him catching the plane in costume.
>>
>>80997248
This is gonna be transformers the more critics hate it the more money it makes
>>
A real challenge is to make a DCEU that doesn't use Batman, Superman and Flash (and I guess Green Arrow). Call it the TV Embargo to mimic how Fox and Sony having Spidey, X-Men and F4 forced Marvel to step up their game.

Basically it's as if Arrow, Flash, LoT, Gotham and Supergirl essentially freeze out use of the primary heroes and villains associated with these shows.

In such a case, here's how I'd do it:

>Blue Beetle
The Iron Man to kick off the DCEU. A charismatic Ted Kord could help out immensely.

>Aquaman
To be honest I don't really have a great idea for a Hulk equivalent movie but since it's the most forgotten movie of the MCU it's best not to emulate it anyway.

>Blue Beetle 2: Blue & Gold
Booster Goooooold.

>Wonder Woman
She can be the Fish Out of Water for a Thor-like movie with fantasy elements.

>The Power of Shazam!
Billy Batson's wholesome youthful innocence will serve as the League's moral compass.

>Justice League
Cyborg, acting as a government-owned operative who is part Nick Fury, part Hawkeye and part Iron Man, gathers Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Shazam to fight an alien menace, and they rescue Martian Manhunter halfway through, who was the one telepathically communicating the warnings to the government.

>PHASE 2
>Aquaman 2
>Wonder Woman 2
>Shazam 2
>Green Lantern Corps (anyone but Hal, he's box office poison to the producers)
>The Atom
>Justice League 2

>PHASE 3
>Shazam 3
>Zatanna
>Green Lantern 2
>Wonder Woman 3
>Swamp Thing
>Justice League 3 Pt 1
>Atom 2
>Captain Atom (gonna have to market this differently so plebs don't confuse the two films)
>Justice League 3 Pt 2
>Last Son of Krypton

>PHASE 4
>The Caped Crusader
>Zatanna 2
>Cyborg & the Teen Titans
>The Fastest Man Alive
>Batman 2
>Hellblazer
>Justice League Dark
>>
>>81002551
I could get behind this, even if its just becuase its similar enough to the mcu that it would probably do well.
>>
>>80996438
>Reboot
Ain't happening. Snyder will get cut off and still have some small involvement with the DCU in title only so that WB can pretend the backlash didn't affect their decisions. They won't do over, this is it flops and all.
>>
>>80996438
Chris Pine would be an interesting Batman.
>>
>>81003682
>Barry ends up in Earth-4
>meets Oliver
>"Hi, I'm Bruce Wayne"
>Later on Barry tells the story to diggle
>"Who the hell is Bruce Wayne?"
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.