[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Simpsons producers announce they're cancelling the show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: Holidays_of_Future_Passed_116.jpg (247 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
Holidays_of_Future_Passed_116.jpg
247 KB, 704x400
>Simpsons producers announce they're cancelling the show for good
>they ask you to pitch the finale which will be a movie

How will you send off The Simpsons, /co/?
>>
>>81922697
Full frontal Lisa nudity. The whole movie is about Lisa being naked in front of everyone and her extreme distress and embarrassment.
>>
An episode in which Bart finally gets his circumcision.
>>
File: 1455071032809.jpg (59 KB, 1190x898) Image search: [Google]
1455071032809.jpg
59 KB, 1190x898
I'm not kidding when I say feature-length clip show.
They might as well at this point. Rather than try to get any great climax, just milk nostalgia.

Show the entire length of the series and all the classic jokes, end with some real life footage of people saying how much The Simpsons has impacted the world with slightly sad piano music over it.

Close with Simpsons theme.

It wouldn't win any Oscars, but at least it might trick some people into thinking they ended on a high note, but reminding them of funny jokes from over a decade ago.

Then the sweet embrace of death.
>>
>The show begins with the family watching an Itchy and Scratchy ep called “I only have flies for you”
>Itchy, dressed as a pilot is teaching flying lessons, Scratchy signs up, Itchy covers him with honey and large swarm of flies engulf him, Scratchy then starts to fly (thanks to the flies covering him) then a gigantic Jeff Goldblum holding a flyswatter rises from the ground, he says “Hi, I’m Jeff Goldblum” Scratchy screams and Jeff then swats the cartoon cat, Itchy then giggles at Scratchy’s swatted corpse, which is twitching like a dying insect
>Afterwards, Krusty announce that the show is coming to an end and the entire family gasps in horror.
>The first third of the ep is about how Springfield reacts to Itchy and Scratchy’s cancelation
>Homer reminisces about the limited animation Hanna Barbera ripoff Itchy and Scratchy, Abe reminisces about the Popeye inspired WWII Itchy and Scratchy, Comic Book Guy reminisces about the crude, edgy, Ren and Stimpy inspired Itchy and Scratchy, his wife reminisces about an Itchy and Scratchy anime parody and the Flanders reminisce about an Itchy and Scratchy Veggietales ripoff
>>
>>81922697
Send it off with a whimper.
>>
>>81922856

>Krusty shows a sneak peek of the cartoon replacing Itchy and Scratchy, The Adventures of Akbar and Jeff, this just makes The Simpsons dread Itchy and Scratchy’s cancelation more
>Krusty announces that the last episode will be aired in a years time, and until then, a contest will be running; this contest will offer the winner the chance to write what will happen in the finale. The entire Simpson family applies.
>Roger Myers, Jr is in charge of choosing the winner. He falls in love with one of the Simpson's idea and puts it in winners box. He makes a mistake though, he puts all five of their ideas in the box by accident and during Krusty’s show, he pulls out five cards out of the box. Stumped, he reads all five names out, "Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie.
>>
>>81922871

>Flash forward a year later and Bart is in class describing his take on the Itchy and Scratchy finale to Milhouse, while showing us Itchy and Scratchy with Bart's voice-over. He finishes and the class is silent, His new teacher is staring at him and says, "After-school detention."
>The scene then cuts to the power plant and Homer is describing his finale to Lenny and Carl. He finishes, a bell rings and he gets in a radiation suit.
>The scene cuts to a supermarket and Marge is describing her take to Helen Lovejoy, she finishes and strolls Maggie in the trolley to another aisle. Here, Maggie sees the unibrow baby and starts describing her take via waving and motioning.
>She finishes and the scene cuts to Lisa, she begins describing her take to Sherri and Terri. She finishes and picks up her saxophone to go to music practice. She walks in the music room sits down and then sees the time. She realizes the show is going to be on in ten minutes. She plays the Itchy and Scratchy melody on her sax and bolts out. It cuts to Bart, he's writing on the black board: "I will not talk in class ever again" he hears a bell, realises the time and runs out. Cut to Homer holding some plutonium at a conveyor belt when a bell rings at the plant and he too realises the time and runs off, dropping some plutonium. Cut to the supermarket and we see Marge and Maggie checking out and running through the exit doors. Cut to a birds eye view of their home and we see everyone rushing to take a seat in the couch. They look at each other, they smile, the Itchy and Scratchy music plays, and it cuts to credits.
>>
the Simpsons will never stop. they will just keep geting new writers, animators, ect. and will keep going long after we're all dead.
>>
>>81922856
>>81922871
>>81922884
I don't know if this is copypasta or not.
>>
It doesn't deserve a good sendoff at this point. Just make another trash episode about the Simpsons meeting the latest flavor of the month pop singer playing himself and kill this shambling zombie of a TV show already.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
An entire episode of quick vignettes from pic related.
>>
>>81922884
I like it.
>>
A Marge voiceover monologue reveals Homer died of a heart attack around season 9 or season 10 and everything after was Marge's what-if fantasies to use for a book she's writing loosely based on her family

In the final moments, after looking over her book, she goes upstairs and sits on the couch. The show fades to black and her trademark laugh is heard one last time.
>>
>>81922697
>the Simpsons died on their way back to their home planet
>>
>>81922915

It was originally someone else's idea, but I updated it
>>
>>81922697
An exact copy of the first episode in the current style. At the end they all look at the camera. It holds for 15 seconds before credits roll.
>>
I don't know what the story would be, but it'd somehow end with Homer at work, Bart in detention, Lisa at band practice and Marge and Maggie out shopping. The final scene would be a recreation of the opening theme, with the very final shot being the family sitting on the couch together.
>>
>>81922697
Just 1,5 hours of Poochie and nothing else
>>
>>81922697
The plot is set in real time, only an hour and a half passes over the course of the film.
It revolves around Homer trying to take the family out for frosty chocolate milkshakes and the hi jinks that ensue on the way
>>
>>81922856
>Comic Book Guy reminisces about the crude, edgy, Ren and Stimpy inspired Itchy and Scratchy, his wife reminisces about an Itchy and Scratchy anime parod
Wait, wait. CBG is married?
>>
File: Screenshot_99.png (36 KB, 973x450) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_99.png
36 KB, 973x450
I'm just going to leave this here.
>>
>>81923220
She's a more recent character, a Japanese girl
>>
Sideshow Bob kills the Simpsons family. The rest of the movie is interviews with the townsfolk who talk about their memories of the Simpsons.

At one point in the movie Matt Groening apologizes for seasons 9 to 27 of The Simpsons.
>>
>>81923224
Does that person write for Family Guy?
>>
>>81923001
ive been recently creating a reason for why the simpsons have never aged. its that they do, but the show takes place over a 3-5 year time span.

With over 592 episodes, The Simpsons adventures take place over 1095 - 1825 number of days.

As for the Christmas episodes that signify different years, some Christmas episodes can integrate with other Christmas episodes, and other Christmas episodes where it isn't actually Christmas day in the episode can be set before (or after) the Christmas day episodes.

For example:
Skinners Sense of Snow - Marge Be Not Proud - Simpsons Christmas Stories - Miracle On Evergreen Terrace - all happens on one christmas

As for the characters ages, all episodes that mention characters ages (Bart being 10, Lisa being 8) can be set when the characters are that age, but at the start of the shows timeline they start two years before their current age and end two years after.
So at the start of the shows timeline Bart is actually 8, then ages to 13, Lisa starts as 6, then ages to 11, and so forth. For Maggie it doesn't really make sense though because she'd be 5 at the end of the timeline and still look like a baby. I guess we'd have to imagine her as a underdeveloped 5 year old who still uses a pacifier and crawls around.

Sounds autistic I know but its nice to think that its this way and they haven't been stuck at the same age for 27 years
>>
>>81922871
>ackbar and jeff
You my friend have read the bongo comics? I thought there were only a handful of others
>>
>>81922832
this, i'd love an entirely self aware clip show that talks about how great the show was and were it fell for an ending
>>
>>81922697
Marge looks good woth grey hair. Lisa looks downsy.
>>
>>81923689
Were those the one's that had a bit at the end where people could send in art or questions and some sarcastic cunt would answer?
>>
A documentary about the series influence that halfway through has honest interviews with creators, writers, cast, etc. speaking frankly about when and why they think the series turned to shit, how Fox is a terrible network, etc.
>>
I would go to the studio, ask them to pick which episode they think that we should show last, then choose a different one. Air it last. Make no fanfare. No movie. The end. Cancelled just like any other show would be: with the executives being dicks to the production crew. Because it is any other show.
>>
>>81922899
>ect
>>
completely destroy it so they don't bring it back after 5 years
>>
>>81922697
Remake of the first episode in the series.
>>
I'd remake the first episode with their new garbage animation and shove in as many pop culture references and guest stars as possible, then I'd kill every family member

Really dance on the grave and make sure its dead forever
>>
>>81922697
Springfield gets sent into the future and winds up next door to New New York City
>>
>>81923187
I laughed too hard at this.
>>
>>81922736
Didn't they do that joke in an episode?
>>
File: lisasimpsonskateboard.jpg (624 KB, 1704x2272) Image search: [Google]
lisasimpsonskateboard.jpg
624 KB, 1704x2272
>>81922719
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.