[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tim Drake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: Tim_Drake.jpg (61 KB, 600x786) Image search: [Google]
Tim_Drake.jpg
61 KB, 600x786
What's so special about him?
>>
>>80989230
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING at least in his current state
>>
He has living parents.
>>
>>80989391
no they died in identity crisis
>>
>>80989230
He is cute.
>>
He's not MUH Robin, but from what I hear it's because he was the relatable, high school kid with parents who wasn't Robin because something tragic happened, but because he believed in it and because Batman needed a Robin. He also figured out Batman and Robin's identities by himself, which should not actually be an amazing feat, but in-universe it is.
>>
>>80989480
dick is cute
>>
>>80989480

He's only cute when drawn by Marcus To.
>>
>>80989230
lots of people from the 90's grew up and matured simultaneously with this robin. so you have a lot of older guys that have been reading comics for a long time that relate to time drake. i personally find him boring, but i can understand why readers may feel more attached to him than dg or jt.
>>
What's so special about any robins. They're all bland, expendable characters
>>
Nothing anymore.

He used to be the best Robin, one of the best characters.

Then Morrison came along and pushed him out. Then New 52 happened and he got Lobdell'd.

Now he's completely superfluous because Damian The Golden Child stole his spotlight.

Fuck DC.
>>
>>80989391
This and he was basically the Kamala/Jaime of the 90s. Relatable, more lighthearted, tackled some hard issues pretty okay depending on who you ask.

After Dixon left, they stuck him on TT, and they killed his dad, he started going downhill fast.
>>
>>80994172
I think the real issue is they had no idea what to do with him once he was no-longer Robin. He'd have probably been better off if he dropped the Bat-family after Bruce's "death", and got on with a normal life. Give him an occasional appearance like Vicki or Lucius, but essentially leave him alone.

But hey why do that when you can sell another Bat-book!
>>
>>80994747
>why do that when you can sell another Bat-book!
Because your a publishing company in a dying industry, that will soon only exist to give IP rights to your movie studio owner. And the only none A-list characters that can guarantee books out of the cancellation level (about 20,000) are Bruce's 4 clones. You may hate it, Anon but it's too late to change the world now.
>>
>>80994273

DC should be sucking Dixon's cock to get him back. Don't be butthurt about his politics, just do what you can to get him back on the character, DC.
>>
>>80994172
It wasn't really Morrison's fault. Drake had been in a fairly rapid decline since Identity Crisis, when they started pushing him away from "relatable Robin who's like you" and "angsty guy whose life is a mess but he's Batman's heir apparent."

It didn't help that they also started pushing other members of the Bat-family (Jason coming back, Dick taking a more central role) and it kinda made Tim look horribly generic in comparison.
>>
>>80994273

No Dixon left, they put him on TT, killed his dad, ex gf, two best friends, then turned his other female friend EVIL, then Dixon returned, rage-quit when he couldn't play with his toys the way he wanted too, and then it New 52 got him Lobdelled.
>>
>>80994167
First created to make Batman less grim and more easily appeal to children, also it gave the kids a role they could fantasize about.

> Golly I wish I could be Robin, Bucky, one of them Boy Commandos, or Captain Marvel
>>
>>80996595
>then Dixon returned, rage-quit when he couldn't play with his toys the way he wanted too

Didn't Dixon want to turn Tim into the third Blue Beetle
>>
>>80996847
Yeah, but that doesn't mean much. Every writer has plans the editors don't let them do. Gail Simone wanted to have Cass find Jesus and run around in all white like Moon Knight.
>>
>>80989230
Nothing, and that's the problem.

Him, Damian and any Robin that comes after will suffer because the writers have no idea what to do with them once they stop being Robin and fans just lose any interest in them.

Dick and Jason are lucked out because the former is the original and the latter is the Robin who dead and returned angry.
>>
>>80989230
Superboy likes his boipussy.
>>
>>80994172
I love how Timfags have nothing meaningful to say about Tim other than "b-b-b-but he's the BEST Robin!"

Well, that and "he's the only Robin that Ras Al Ghul called detective!" (which isn't even true, he's the second)
>>
>>80995330
>Don't be butthurt about his politics
Okay, but what are they?
>>
>>80997212
Outside of Morrison, Dick just gets lucky by being thrown into situations that should fail but don't. Dixon was put on Nightwing at the last second, and managed to put up an enjoyable though derivative run. DC had no idea what they were doing with Dick after Forever Evil, and just stumbled into a success when two different editors put Seeley and King together without knowing.

Jason is a one-hit wonder. He has one decent story that worked better as a standalone movie, and everything else he's been a protagonist in has been unadulterated shit.
>>
>>80997609
Revenge of the Red Hood is still a brilliant arc. Jason as a Joker-inspired Anti-Batman who's willing to kill? A dark mirror to DickBats? That idea deserved a second arc.
>>
>>80997609
Dick is well liked among hardcore fans because they loved his transition from Robin to Nightwing.

Jason is well liked among new fans because he brings something new to the Batfamily. Also, His history is not long or complicated which make it easy for the fans to get into him.
>>
>>80997327
"Smart" is my favorite personality, anon
>>
>>80989230
He got a really big team.
>>
>>80997609
>>80998896
agreed that DC editorial seldom knows what to do with dick as a character. him taking that mantle as batman was a fun arc. probably the natural conclusion to the batman mythos in my headcannon. dick works better as a character when bruce is not present. even though new-52 has shit on him to an extent dick has been able to shine with bruce having his memory wiped.

jason's characterization also works as a reflection of the era when his character was conceived when comics were getting a little edgier. in a lot of ways damian is similar to jason, the exception being his lineage.
>>
>>80997277
What kind of dickless wonder says boipussy?
>>
>>81001882
Yeah that's a big problem with modern Tim, his character is summated as being smart. He's not really a person anymore.
>>
File: tim_drake_attracting_attention.jpg (101 KB, 500x517) Image search: [Google]
tim_drake_attracting_attention.jpg
101 KB, 500x517
>>80989230
>>80989480

He's both a cute boy and a pretty girl
>>
File: Tim.jpg (44 KB, 503x300) Image search: [Google]
Tim.jpg
44 KB, 503x300
>Tim was a genius who fought with a cool bo staff and came from the most normal and relatable background

Tim is second only to Dick as Robin. His character just got shafted because he's the middle child no one cares about of the Bat Family.
>>
>>81007932
Well maybe if he weren't so bland
>>
>>80989480
>>80990078
Is there any Robin who isn't cute?
>>
File: what a qt.png (439 KB, 437x474) Image search: [Google]
what a qt.png
439 KB, 437x474
>>80989480
>>81007990
Being cute is required when it comes to Robins.
>>
>>80989230
easy self insert the character
>>
>>81007932
Tim is better than Dick as Robin, honestly. He's the only one of the bunch who could meet Bruce at an intellectual level. But he did get screwed over something fierce by the nu52.
>>
Replaces Terry
>>
>>81008229
>this is what Timfags actually believe
>>
>>80989230
I want to touch his penis.
>>
Tim is smarter and more capable than Dick was as Robin but Dick is #1 for being the first and having the superior character.
>>
>>81004046
Yeah, all the Robins (except for New 52 Jason) are smart. Everyone just has to act like they're tech-illiterate around him to give Tim something to do
>>
>>81007990
Jason in Morrison's arc, and Jasonfags threw tantrums even though it's the best writing Jason has ever had in comics
>>
>>80989230
>third Robin
>grew up and took up a new mantle that was still used by the other two Robins ahead of him
>>
File: 1408892768240.jpg (140 KB, 800x936) Image search: [Google]
1408892768240.jpg
140 KB, 800x936
Tim exists so that Dick can be a good big brother to him?
>>
>>81009108
Dick: takes up the identity of Nightwing, a name once used by Superman, as a tribute to his idol
Jason: takes up the identity of Red Hood, a name once used by the Joker, as an FU to Batman
Tim: takes up the identity of Red Robin, a name once used by Dick and Jason in other universes, simply by adding the word "Red" to his former title
>>
>>81009059

>Jasonfags

Do they hang out with Santa and the Easter Bunny?
>>
>>81009397
Jason is Tim's big bro since Dick had Damian
>>
>>81009496
Dick is more like Damian's dad tbhfam

I'll be really honest though- I love them all. The only part of DC I care about is the batfam
>>
>>81009432
Found the Jasonfag. How does it feel now that Marvel has already done two Red Hood stories (Winter Soldier and Daredevil S2) than WB ever will with their DCEU flop?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.