[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel like the finale was a little over-dramatic and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (102 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
102 KB, 680x478
Anyone else feel like the finale was a little over-dramatic and rushed? A lot of that Matt/Elektra dialogue was operatic at best (the relationship itself felt way too inconsistent, but thats another thread entirely). It wasn't nearly as bad a finale as JJ, but as a whole I think season 2 hit its stride whenever Frank or the Kingpin were on the screen. I have a feeling we'll be getting a mix of Punisher MAX and Born Again for season 3, with Bullseye tearing shit up left and right.

Also what happened to Foggy/Karen? I understand she's essential to Born Again as a love interest but it hurt that they threw away all that chemistry.
>>
File: thank you wesley.jpg (206 KB, 592x2008) Image search: [Google]
thank you wesley.jpg
206 KB, 592x2008
I still feel cucked from not having the ninjas get minigunned.
and more importantly they opened so many cans of worms and didn't explain shit about the hand
>>
Early Episodes
>WOAH PUNISHER
>Elektra? er okay
>Is Punisher going to fight Elektra????

Mid Episodes
>wtf Ninjas
>Ehhhhhhh
>Matt isn't going to defend Punisher in court?
>They better have Punisher killing ninjas man.

Late Episodes
>ninjas ninjas everywhere
>He's gunna show up and gun down these freak ninjas, right? There's so many of them
>Leave some for Frank!

Last Episode
>WOAH WOAH
>DOSE GUNS
>DAT SKULL VEST
>HE GUNNA GUN THEM FRANKEN NINJAs TO THE GR...
*ploop* *ploop* *ploop*
The fuck
>>
>>80986609
>I still feel cucked from not having the ninjas get minigunned.
Why do people keep saying this?

He got the minigun AFTER he sniped the ninjas, not before
>>
>>80986813
he got it the same time he got the vest
>>
>>80986813
The minigun was in the guns shed.

And I loved the episode despite Frank not Franking all the ninjas because it had one of my favorite tropes: the heroes, about to face insurmountable odds, coming to terms with their almost inevitable death and making what if plans on the off chance they make it.
>>
>>80986813
But that's wrong.

He found the minigun in Blacksmith's shed, then he went home and started up his own murdershed which is when he heard the Ninjashit on the radio.
>>
>people complaining about ninjas in a daredevil show

sigh
>>
>>80987068
DD2 has some of the best live-action representation of ninjas...

But they appeared in the same show as Punisher yet Frank barely got to fight them, man.

That's just not Frank, you know?
>>
>>80987160
It's a bit disappointing but I understand why. Him just taking a break from his very personal story to fight ninjas would be very jarring and ill-fitting.

I do wish that he'd use the minigun at the end, though.
>>
>>80986781
Man, the quality of posting has gone way down here.
>>
>>80987160
Yeah but the show is called Daredevil
>>
What do you guys think was the best moment of the season?
I think I'd have to go with either Wilson going apeshit at Matt or the Punisher-Kingpin interactions as a whole.

The latter because I really love when Kingpin has a hero in a moral vicegrip.
That "I'm gonna help you take down this guy because it's gonna help me in the long run, and you can't really refuse the opportunity" thing.
>>
>>80986516
movies, comics, tv
Marvel just cannot into endings
>>
DUDE NINJAS LMAO
>>
Has Jeremy's review been posted here yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J33Poy5NJww
>>
>>80986516
>I think season 2 hit its stride whenever Frank or the Kingpin

You share the opinion of the vast majority of /co/ & /tv/
Perhaps the entire internet as well.
>>
Yeah, I dunno, the final battle just wasn't that satisfying to me. It wasn't really bad, but I guess because the rest of the season was so stellar I expected something great to finish it up. It would have been nice to see something new since we had already seen DD and Elektra taking down hordes of ninjas plenty of times already.
>>
>>80987860
Anytime Frank got a monologue was a highlight for me.
>>
if you ask me daredevil is better as a side character and not a leading role
>>
>>80986516
I agree. Same thing happened in the first season.
>>
>>80988348
Who the fuck is Jeremy?
>>
>>80988565
Jeremy Jahns, YT critic who does capeshit reviews.
>>
The last two episodes were definetly the weakest run of the seasons.

Still, the show was great
>>
>>80988439
That's true but it tied off Stick and Electra well. Stick is my favourite character from DD so to see him end it made me very happy
>>
The last two episodes were terrible, with the finale being Arrow-level garbage.

They also basically dropped the entire point of the first half of the season, about whether vigilantes have a valid place in society and if so how far they should go.

In the beginning Matt was going to great lengths to stop Elektra from killing anyone, by the end they were fighting side-by-side while she killed and he says nothing.

Oh, and he threw Nobu off of a roof.

Guess he owes Frank an apology.
>>
>>80988759
>In the beginning Matt was going to great lengths to stop Elektra from killing anyone, by the end they were fighting side-by-side while she killed and he says nothing.
>Oh, and he threw Nobu off of a roof.
>Guess he owes Frank an apology.
I think that was the point, matt realizing the batman method doesn't work and the only way to save the city is to become a killer
>>
>>80988759
>We need to drag Nobu into the light!
>He'll rot in a cell and the Hand will see that he's just a guy!
>Throw him off roof and forget about him even though you know he can come back from that
at least the wire move whern he throws him was cool
>>
It was pretty obvious they were going to have Karen leave Matt after encountering Elektra, they just teasing it what with Karen getting suspicious of Matt and Elektra calling up Matt at random times. I figured it'd happen when Matt and Elektra were hanging out half-naked, or when Matt started recording his speech and got a call from Elektra in the middle of it- I thought Karen would hear the recording and draw her own conclusions. Instead, she finally barges in when Elektra is in Matt's bed, but Matt is fully clothed and he's hanging out with a fucking old blind man. Why was that the specific moment to get Karen to walk in to the old "this-isn't-what-it-looks-like!" cliché? Matt and Elektra weren't in bed together, and there was a fucking old blind man hanging out in the apartment! Really, Karen? You think Matt decided to cheat on you and invite his blind buddy in on the fun?
>>
>>80987860
>I think I'd have to go with either Wilson going apeshit at Matt

Matt is such a fucking moron in that scene.

Did he really think Fisk wasn't going to care about Nelson, the other partner in the firm that put Fisk in jail? Matt acts so shocked when Fisk threatens Foggy, like he never even considered it.

The world doesn't revolve around you, Matt.
>>
>>80988759
Did you forget that Matt said he'd do anything with Elektra at the end? He gave up his no kill for her.
>>
>>80988814
Then he needs to find Frank and tell him he was right.
>>
>>80988979
That is the entire point of the season. Matt ducks over everyone cause he's a junkie getting his high
>>
I was crazy drunk by then and barely remember what happened in the last two episodes after Elektra found out the Hand want her to lead them
>>
>>80988949
I joked with a friend of mine that she just assumed he was really kinky.
>>
>>80989036
Well he did tell Frank that he was going to help him kill the Blacksmith on that boat. I'm pretty sure he said Frank was right in that case.
>>
>>80987860
Yeah, Wilson grabbing Matt was my favourite moment, along with the graveyard scene in episode 4.

It's so intense and it really underlines that he's properly become the Kingpin now.
>>
>>80989058
Matt gets Elektra and Stick out of the Hand's lair.

In a complete anticlimax, The Punisher discovers the guy responsible for his family's death is the military guy who was on screen for like 5 minutes during his trial. Kills him, finds a giant stash of weapons, ends up making the skull logo shirt. Is now The Punisher we all know and love.

Matt and Elektra confront Nobu and the Hand in a kind of lame final fight. Matt tosses Nobu off a roof, Stick decapitates him.

Series ends with Matt revealing he's DD to Karen.
>>
>>80989147
Oh, and Nobu kills Elektra during the final fight, but in the last scene we learn the Hand dug her up and resurrects her.
>>
>>80989106
Matt really, really fucked up by threatening Vanessa.

Fisk's a dangerous guy in general, but he goes apeshit when it comes to his woman.
>>
>>80988603
>>80988348
no thanks reddit
>>
>>80989147
Yeah punisher story went nowhere after he escaped from prison. Only cool part was him saving Karen.
>>
>>80989297
I was really hoping they'd find some way to bring him into a team-up with Daredevil and Elektra for the final battle. As it was getting closer and closer to the end I was just thinking "how and when are they gonna get Frank in on this". Matt and Elektra know they're going up against what they call an army, so they need as much help as they can get-- obviously it's the perfect time to bring in Frank, right? Matt cares less and less about killing people, then when it's revealed that these guys can come back from the dead anyway, he's gotta care even less... bring in Frank! Hell, Matt even sort of reconciles with Frank when they're after the Blacksmith. All the pieces were there to have the Punisher kill a ton of ninjas... but then he just shows up with to snipe a few at the end.
>>
>>80988949
I at least expected Matt to explain the situation
>This is an old friend from college
>She a crazy bitch but she loaded so I'm doing some law work for her
>She did something stupid and almost died
>Sorry, Karen. I don't like to talk about her
>>
>>80989550
Yeah, the solution was obvious and it even seemed like the show was setting it up with the mini-gun in the shed:

Matt and Elektra make their desperate attack on the Hand. Steel themselves for a final, suicidal battle against a million ninjas. Run out onto the roof...and Frank mows all the ninjas down from another roof.

Only Nobu is left standing, and he and Matt and Elektra have their final fight. It would have been perfect.
>>
>>80989591
I liked how Karen never brought up the old blind guy who was there.

Matt should have said it was his uncle and cousin visiting or something.
>>
>>80989721
Stick looks like a fucking pimp. So I can see where she got the wrong idea. Stick is awesome
>>
Nobu was weak as FINAL BOSS of the season. The defeat of Fisk at the end of S1 felt more substantive. And I'm not just saying this because Nobu killed Elektra, it's fine to have a bittersweet victory, but Nobu being beaten left me feeling like, "Okay, but who's the REAL final bad guy of the season? Wait, that's it?"

Like, even if Madam Gao showed up suddenly and she was FINAL BOSS for no reason, that would have been better than Nobu.

It was a great season overall, but that anticlimax bothered me.
>>
>sup elektra, just so you know you were our most powerful and valuable weapon all along, that's why we tried to kill you on multiple ocasions throughout the season, k? bye bye

This, and the fact that they butchered the rooftop scene making Matt not give in to Frank's way under pressure, just for him to do just that later in the season, made me very upset.

>>80989970
Gao is probably being saved for Iron Fist, if the Mother Crane theory is proven to be true.
>>
>>80990331
They keep building up Gao, she better be.
>>
>>80990450

This may be nothing at all, but since Gao said she drinks booze instead of tea, I hope that means she had been up to some shit when she was gone and it stressed her out.
>>
Another fucking cliffhanger ending....are they seriously banking on a third season? Man, we won't see The Defenders before Infinity War hits the theaters, will we
>>
>>80990883
Of course they're banking on a third season. The show is a huge success, they want people to continue watching and they're clearly planting the seeds for Iron Fist and the other spin-off shows.

DD S3 is likely going to be some form of the Born Again story.
>>
>>80988814
or he realized that hes fighting fucking zombie ninjas and the kid gloves arent necessary
>>
>>80991073
But he didn't.

He specifically says, many times, that he doesn't believe in any of the mystical stuff.

He even says this to Elektra in this final episode right before they go to fight the Hand:

>Matt: You know, whatever you're feeling it's gonna pass.

>Elektra: What do you know about what I'm feeling?

>Matt: Just...consider the possibility that there is no such thing as a Black Sky. That it's...it's mysticism, you know? It's nonsense.

>Elektra: I've been trained to kill it since I was a kid.

>Matt: Yeah, maybe everything they taught you was a lie.

>Elektra: Stick says I have a gift. The special kind very few people have --

>Matt: Yeah, "the kind very few people have or deserve." I know. I got the same speech. Stick likes his fortune-cookie wisdom, but that's all he needed 'cause he was training children to fight a war.

>Elektra: You can't deny it. Some of what the Hand does defies explanation.

>Matt: Just because I don't understand something doesn't mean I'm ready to chalk it up as some fairy tale.

Matt clearly thinks that he's fighting something like the Yakuza only they believe in some crazy cult religion. From other dialogue he also seems to think Nobu is in charge, and once Nobu is gone it's over.
>>
>>80989970
Thats just because the season wasnt about the Hand, it was about Matt's relationships and it did great on that department. Nobu wasnt the focus as much as Fisk was in the first season.
>>
I don't know how the fuck to explain why daredevil doesn't kill to my dad. He's always going off calling Matt an asshole when Elektra almost gets killed but I don't know how to explain why He doesn't kill people to him. I told him he's a devout catholic and he brushed that off by saying he's catholic and so is Frank.
>>
>>80992194
Frank's lapsed, he says so in the rooftop scene when he has DD chained up.
>>
>>80988979
One of Matt's biggest flaws is he's very selfish and self-centered, I think without really trying to be. He's kind of shit at being a person.
>>
As someone who's in college for journalism, I find the idea of the secretary just up and out deciding to write for a paper slightly insulting
>>
>>80986516

The dialogue of the last 2 episodes of the season felt like they were written in crayon.

Also when did they officially start calling him daredevil? It literally came out of nowhere.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.