[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I pick this up again? I stopped at the part where Finn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 143
File: dsfsdfsd.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1406) Image search: [Google]
dsfsdfsd.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1406
Should I pick this up again? I stopped at the part where Finn first meets his dad in space I guess? And I never continued from there. He also lost his arm.
>>
>>80985381
Yes. Season 7 has been great so far with every ep.
>>
You should absolutely. Season 6 starts out great, but then has a few hiccups later on, but Season 7's been great throughout.
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1334x750
>>80985381
The only AT episode that was objectively bad was the one with cinnamon bun saving the flame princess while Finn is extra baggage.

I don't know how people hate on S6 so I can't say you will like S7 any better, but there does seem to be some concensus on /co/ that this season has been better overall and some have said best season so far. Doesn't hurt to give it a shot anyway.

Pic related episode has been a mindfuck for me because of how long I've liked that character (wizard battle) and how long I've shipped her with Finn(only time in any medium I've ever shipped anyone), which began with blade of grass (when it implied in Finns dream the grass sword was a curse and that it was now a part of him).
>>
>>80985381
Yes, but skip season 6 completely and pick it up at the start of season 7
>>
>>80985865

Breezy was pretty shit too, though.

I also, personally, dislike a lot of the episodes where the writers clearly just shit on Finn and Jake. There were a lot of those.
>>
>>80985381
Season 6 starts great but by the end it becomes the seasons with both the best and worst episodes in the series. It also has an overall lowkey, downbeat tone to it, which isn't everyone's cup of tea. I still think giving finn his arm back was a result of executive meddling

Season 7 is better overall, and more upbeat
>>
>>80985865
>voiced by my crush jenny slate
loved it.

also the hall of egress was such a good dungeon episode.
>>
>>80985907
Don't do this

At least watch the episodes involving Martin and the ones involving Sweet P, as well as the final five if you want to be up to date on the story.

Also, if you're a fan of FinnxBubblegum, watch Pajama Wars aswell.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 1334x750
>>80985930
> Finn shouldn't have gotten his arm back or wasn't supposed to

Yeah, no. Finn was going to get his arm back the moment a flower grew from his arm. The hero being one with nature trope has always been part of Finn's character and his arm is now an avatar of nature. This was intended from the moment he was cursed with the grass sword.

This also makes him perfect for HW.
>>
>>80987233
Is the anon that requested this in this thread?

If you are, did you mean like, adult Finn in Puhoy old, or just older?
>>
Season 6 was largely alright, season 7 is shaping up to be one of the best seasons in recent history.
>>
>>80987542
The flower growing was implying the exact opposite of what you're saying. It made it seem that the grass sword interfered with the guardian goo so that instead of growing his arm back like Martin's leg he only grew a flower.

You're some kind of dummy if you think that was totally foreshadowing that a bee would ejaculate all over Finn's flower and grow his arm back.
The grass thorn is lame and Finn growing back his arm after a whopping 3 episodes will always be a terrible, shitty thing the show did.
>>
It's amazing how /co/ went from absolutely reviling this show to loving it again in just one month.
>>
>>80987807
With GF ending and WoY getting the axe, we had little else to hold on to.
>>
>>80985381
I don't know why you would have stopped after such an amazingly awesome season opener, that was the last time Adventure Time was unequivocally incredible to me.

But at any rate season 6 is alright, there's a good amount of shitty and mediocre in it but also a bunch of good stuff too. The plot will always be atrocious though, don't believe their lies.

Season 7 is better than 6 but not my much, the main positive is that the show got its head out of its ass after some of the dumb tangents they went on in 6. Been good fun and there haven't really been any bad episodes, just some mediocre ones.

If you care about the show enough to endure the really shitty parts go for it.
>>
File: tumblr_o4f0h5F0Df1sz4x0qo1_540.jpg (118 KB, 470x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4f0h5F0Df1sz4x0qo1_540.jpg
118 KB, 470x810
Bumping with 4th best girl
>>
>>80988716
She's second best girl from the show in my book.

S1-2 Marceline is still my favourite.
>>
>>80987734
Not that guy but I posted the DC image in the last thread. I think Finn should be older (late 20's) and no beard or at least not a big one. He might just look like the knight from DC without the beard though.
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 900x1198) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 900x1198
>>80987798
I didn't see breezy and events unfolding how they did, but I predicted the flower would bloom into a new arm with the power of love or when his heart was healed immediately after the citadel aired.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-06-27-14h40m02s127.png (292 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-06-27-14h40m02s127.png
292 KB, 1364x768
>>80987859
>
>>
>>80989027
SU might as well be canceled at this point. Infinitely on hiatus isn't much different than cancellation.
>>
File: tumblr_o3n12cR1Xf1vnx6d2o1_500.png (188 KB, 492x440) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3n12cR1Xf1vnx6d2o1_500.png
188 KB, 492x440
While I agree with other anons saying that S7 is a step in the right direction after both S5 and S6, there are some elements from this show that still feel like a franchise fatigue.

The characters have lost that dynamism and versatility back from the first three seasons. Characters feel like blank sheets than characters with firm personalities and approaches. Even the message feels more and more like pieces of dejà-vu rather than interesting takes like His Hero back from S1. I think the biggest fault of this is the fauxlosophy that started being shoehorned in this show since season 4. Also, the approach at a more "serious" storytelling might have hurt this show as well.
>>
>>80989027
What was that guys name again? Its been so long..
>>
>>80989124
Mike Ross
>>
>>80989091
Your going to have to give examples of how characters were more dynamic in the first three seasons because most wouldn't be able to follow you there without some more input. As far as the messages each episode has being more vague, I don't remember the first three seasons having many messages for its audience.
>>
>>80989218
>Your going to have to give examples of how characters were more dynamic in the first three seasons because most wouldn't be able to follow you there without some more input.
I'll try.

Think of Finn, for example. Back in S1 and 2 he was the heroic adventurer but also a kid that tries to enjoy his lifetime with Jake and friends in the most fun way.

Look at Finn in S6 or maybe even now. He is... tired. The way he approaches to the world, the way he interacts with other characters. Heck, we can even see him talking about creativity and sadness which is completely out of character for a dumb kid like Finn. It's really rare to see him actually happy.

Even the animations make this tone shift really noticeable. Went from a really dynamic show to a show were characters look more static, both in an actual movement and in terms of showing their expressions and feelings.
>>
>>80989124
Jeffery Galaxy
>>
>>80989462
its called growing up. Seriously sometimes I wish to be a kid again. becoming an adult sucks and Finn had seen a lot. But he still tries to live his life to the fullest.
>>
>>80987807
What happened in S7 to take away all the angst and whining and make people love it again that much? It's like the perception on here has taken a 180.
I even see people defending Season 6 retroactively now.
>>
>>80990131
>What happened in S7 to take away all the angst and whining and make people love it again that much?
They stopped rubbing Finn's misery. For now
>>
>>80989462
>Look at Finn in S6 or maybe even now. He is... tired. The way he approaches to the world, the way he interacts with other characters. Heck, we can even see him talking about creativity and sadness which is completely out of character for a dumb kid like Finn. It's really rare to see him actually happy.

Character growth is not "Out of character." It's a sad facet of reality. Isn't Finn like, 16 now? He should be getting more heroic but he's seen a lot of shit and grown less idealistic over the course of the seasons. He's not the plucky headstrong 12 year old paladin anymore that can jump out of bed and punch monsters on a moments notice.

The downside to this is while he's largely grown out of his youthful boy phase, we haven't really seen him 'grow in' to any more adult or even adolescent advantages yet. He's lost the youth to his character, but gained none of the maturity or positive signs of age that come with it.

So now he just feels like a really tired jaded 12 year old, and not anyone ever ready to accept adulthood or understand their unique place in the world growing up.
>>
>>80990131
they'll hate it again when broke his crown comes on since finn is not in that ep.
>>
>>80989462
Finn ages at a rate of one year per season. He's gone from 10yo to 16yo
>>
>>80990318
*12 to 16
>>
>>80990318
>one year per season
>12 to 16
You have some problems with math or you just need to sleep.
>>
File: cucktress wizard.jpg (435 KB, 721x1000) Image search: [Google]
cucktress wizard.jpg
435 KB, 721x1000
>>80988871
>>80985382
>>80987233

Here you go, I spent way too much time on this.

I'm poor, I don't own a tablet
>>
>>80989989
>its called growing up.
wow, no. I'd hate to have your life.
>>
>>80990264
>He's lost the youth to his character, but gained none of the maturity or positive signs of age that come with it.
Well, that's not growth then. Just the writers getting tired and being unable to write him like they used to. If there's no positives to "maturity", why do that to the character? Lots of season 7 eps would benefit from original Finn, not tired jaded Finn.

This kid had already seen a lot of shit at the start of the show. I refuse to believe the real Finn would lose his ridiculous resilience and zest for life. It's sad the only thing they can think to do to grow him up, is wear him down.
>>
>>80987542
maybe the network was like "okay let's compromise: you can take away his arm, but you have to give it back after a few episodes" so when they took away his arm they knew they had to have it grow back after a few episodes
>>
File: image.jpg (408 KB, 1280x1728) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
408 KB, 1280x1728
>>80989462
Finn is getting older. As he ages, he sees the world is not all sunshine and rainbows. Teenagers go through a great many emotional crises and Finn is no exception. Growing up is tough and most would be able to relate to Finns experiences, both his successes and failures. Even adults, many who enjoyed the show from its beginning, find these to create very relatable lessons making for a very meaningful viewing experience.

You really need to expand more on how you feel the characters are less dynamic. Not saying you're wrong, I personally just don't see it
>>
>>80990480
Well Done!
>>
>>80990798
This is a very real possibility but it still doesn't absolve the staff from doing what they did.

If you know for a fact that you can't give a plotline like that the importance it deserves, then you shouldn't go through with it since all it'll end up doing is being half assed and disappointing. Go hard or go home.

The writers seem to think doing anything with massive plotlines like that is enough when it's a super dumb way of thinking. If you can't give it the justice it deserves don't bother going through with it.
>>
>>80990798
That's even worse. You don't do something like that if it's only going to be temporary. If the end goal was the new weapon-arm, just do that. Don't bring in the drama of an amputation and lead the audience to believe he's going to be crippled.
>>
>>80989085
based lauren faust
>>
>>80990799
Remember His Hero? He's never not known the toughness of the world, but he had better coping skills as a child. Granted, they've had lots more terrible, demoralizing things happen to him since season 1. I can accept that he's going to despair and feel lost. But I know he'd find renewed purpose rather than drifting in a mild depression all the time, doing the same things as always but in a more passive way.
>>
>>80990873
>The writers seem to think doing anything with massive plotlines like that is enough when it's a super dumb way of thinking.
They know the fans will protect them to the ends of the earth, so as long as they poke at something big, it's basically as good as doing it fully. We'll pick up fragments of storylines and glue them together and go oh damn, all according to keikaku. And they win.
>>
>>80991301
I'm looking forward to AT ending so that all the fans can look back over the series and agree that the storytelling was atrocious.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1334x750
>>80990798
Absolutely not

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InHarmonyWithNature

This trope's theme has been part of folklore since stories were first told of the earliest heroes. Even Beowulf references the trope, aligning its titular protagonist on the side of the earth/nature(and also states that he changed in his old age before he is killed and only fights for his own greed and glory). Finn has always been in harmony with the earth making a legendary hero. The grass sword and now his arm are symbolism of him being no longer simply in harmony with nature but now it's very avatar who will defend "life"/nature. Finn's losing his arm was losing the last part of what made him a child and the growth of his new arm is his rebirth has a hero for nature. In tolkiens "the hobbit" this is when bilbo squeezed his way out of the goblin mine and lost his coat buttons so Finn still has a long way to go but he is making progress.

If everything was easy for Finn, then he would never be able to "grow" into a true hero (or an adult for that matter) nor would the audience be able to relate to him.
>>
>>80991054
It's not coping skills. Finn is gifted and things come naturally to him. He rarely faced challenges he couldn't deal with and the ones he did were ridiculous enough that they were out of the realm of possibility for most others to attempt. He wasn't in a rut for long in that episode because the solution was right in front of him. He did not experience any "loss" that he needed to cope with.

His struggle against adversity is what will allow him to truly "grow" as a man and a hero.
>>
File: 1458375038015.jpg (26 KB, 309x309) Image search: [Google]
1458375038015.jpg
26 KB, 309x309
>>80989124
James Vega
>>
>>80991634
He managed to deal with his original challenge (the loss of his parents, being adopted, then being a double orphan) okay. It'd be nice if all the new shit that got dumped on his head (mostly being rejected and unloved by a long line of people) has helped him, but like >>80990264 said it doesn't seem like he's gotten much positive out of it. I think he's a little more thoughtful before jumping into situations, but that's only selectively true -- with the right motivation, wink wink, he's perhaps even more reckless than before.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 595x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 595x449
>>80990908
The show has hinted at Finn losing his arm for a long time before it happened. In those instances of foreshadowing, Finn was shown to have mechanical arms as opposed to a natural or organic one. Finn was destined to lose his arm by design and his "grass arm" was also part of the plan. Finn is now much closer with "nature" (really meaning all life here) and being its hero and protector.

The question remains though, that is the rest of Finns body destined to be overgrown by the "curse" of the grass sword, as we saw in his initial nightmare when he got it.
>>
>>80992256
If that's what they were going for then leaving him with the flower or giving him an actually grass arm (not one that's identical to his original arm even though it's totally made of grass you guys) would actually show that. Giving him a thorn that isn't there 90% of the time barely connects with that theme and is only used when they need a way for Finn to conveniently kill a bad guy.

You're really stretching here.
>>
He's gonna lose the thorn next season, finally making all these foreshadowings completely pointless. Mark my words.
>>
>>80992256
>In those instances of foreshadowing, Finn was shown to have mechanical arms as opposed to a natural or organic one. Finn was destined to lose his arm by design and his "grass arm" was also part of the plan.
so, conveniently, the show foreshadowed Finn getting a mechanical arm (which is a permanent accessory that's noticeably different and hard to draw) but ended up giving him an organic arm which is hidden (looks just like a normal arm) 95% of the time. Pretty sure that was a "do what's easy" choice rather than a thematic choice.

>is the rest of Finns body destined to be overgrown by the "curse" of the grass sword
it might happen but it would have to be cured. foreshadowing doesn't count unless it makes things easier.
>>
>>80992058
> Finns sad childhood

Finn was a baby and never met his parents so there was no loss for him. He was said and alone abandoned in the woods, but was adopted by caring parents. When they died he still had jake so he was never alone. relationship hiccups with PB and FP just made him sad the way any teenager would be over a breakup. It's not being abandoned/betrayed by your father and losing an arm. Flute spell shows that Finn is indeed maturing from his experiences. It's not a quick process and some members of the audience would like to see Finn become an adult in the span of time it took him to grow back his arm, but the adventure is in growing as a person, not the destination.

The last thing the show would need is a Mary-sue Finn.
>>
>>80992595
I'm expecting either that or he'll lose his arm a second time which will be really stupid and not have an ounce of the emotional impact of Escape from the Citadel.

Really wondering what they'll do with Finn's arm by the end of the show, endgame for Adventure Time has to be one of the most unpredictable things ever.
>>
>>80992595
like >>80992391 said the grass arm is a deus ex machina that pops out to kill tough bad guys. it's here to stay. even the damn thorn is invisible unless someone chooses to mention it. and I thought the little green wristband back in Blade of Grass was lazy.
>>
So what season is the absolute worst? I've only watched the first couple seasons. I've heard that Breezy is possibly the worst episode because the writer was basically going full fedora.
>>
>>80992821
>he'll lose his arm a second time which will be really stupid
Yep, unfortunately whole losing arm ark has to end. I'm expecting thorn to either burn out from overcharge against something serious or becoming a real problem and be cured.
>>80992869
And it's already overused. Even AT writers can't beat this horse forever.
>>
>>80992989
Kind of depends a whole lot on personal opinion but for me 5.1 or 6. But even then they have a whole lot of good episodes (maybe 5.1 moreso than 6 but it's hard to compare them).

I think one of those would have to be the worst. It's sort of hard to judge since on one hand you have seasons like 3 to 4 that are just 26 episodes and seasons 5 to 6 are 52 or 44 episodes.
>>
>>80992989
Objectively season 6.

5 had some pretty low points, but was overall just fine. 7 hasn't really disappointed yet.

1-4 were GOAT
>>
>>80992781
>When they died he still had jake so he was never alone
aw come on, both his loving adoptive parents died in some accident when he was like 7-10 years old. He buried his own fucking father (apparently). Finding out your bio parent you never knew is a piece of crap doesn't beat that.

>Flute spell shows that Finn is indeed maturing
nah. he fucking metaphorically murdered himself over a girl he just met. he's that desperate for affection. accepting another rejection with a straight face doesn't prove shit.
>>
>>80992598
Would you be happier if his mechanical arm was like Luke skywalkers prosthetic hand? The look of the prosthetic is not the issue so much as them not being organic.

Finns joy at getting his arm back and his incompatibility with the mechanical arms further demonstrates Finns "harmony with nature" trope. Finn is organic and of the earth whereas the prosthetics were artificial and Finn, being part of nature, isn't able to make them part of himself.

> would have to be cure
That's implying it would kill him. Finn may have no problem with it making him no longer human saving him dying from it.
>>
>>80993231
I just want them to prove they'll commit to something inconvenient rather than weasel out like little bitches.
>it's grass that looks like flesh, you guise!!
Go to hell.

>Finn is organic and of the earth whereas the prosthetics were artificial and Finn, being part of nature, isn't able to make them part of himself.
That's some crazyass rationalization familia. He was never even offered a half-decent arm, despite how Bubblegum is an expert roboticist. He never got a chance to have his dream of wicked rocket launcher attachments and all that fun stuff. I like the idea of him becoming nature boy but there's not any evidence in the show of that, as far as I know. The grass sword is simply a sword he has, same as the others except it has tentacle powers.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 750x422
>>80992595
His arm is no longer a human arm. If anything the arm will begin to spread to the rest of his body. That thorn ain't going nowhere because that's what his arm is now.

>>80992391
The appearance of Finns arm has nothing to do with the theme. They could have made it look monstrous and it still wouldn't change the theme of the arm connecting Finn the hero with nature/life. (Also Finns rebirth into a "true hero" avatar of the earth).

These are old folklore trope's but very relevant in fantasy plus are well known and easy to understand. That's they are using them.
>>
File: image.jpg (285 KB, 650x986) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285 KB, 650x986
>>80993621
> weasel out
If you think they did something like that then cite evidence to back up that theory.
> Go to hell
Grow up

You think Finn would have liked the prosthetic better than an organic arm? He made it pretty clear that they weren't working for him. A machine gun attachment would not likely Change his mind.
>>
>>80994091
>If you think they did something like that then cite evidence to back up that theory.
anon, his arm looks like it did before anything happened to it, almost always. they justify this by saying it's really a new arm that happens to look exactly the same. havin that cake and eatin it too like a motherfucker.

>He made it pretty clear that they weren't working for him.
well yes, because they were garbage. the game was rigged. he only got a couple token useless replacements (it was a gag, not serious) to make sure he was stuck until the planned reset came.

That wall of arms from the comics probably would have lifted his spirits a bit.
>>
>>80993231
you're trying really really hard to fit this into a nice little tvtropes box, so much that you're ignoring what the show itself is actually telling you.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x528) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x528
>>80994669
If you don't have an actual argument, why bother posting?

Also, That trope is not a "TV trope", it's a historical theme in mythology and folklore often used in everything from modern literature to cinema. The adventure time crew have applied it here and adapted the story around it.
>>
>>80993734
>connecting Finn the hero with nature/life. (Also Finns rebirth into a "true hero" avatar of the earth).
You were hit too hard by HW episode. Yes, there a lot of episodes about inner harmony and Finn has good survival skills which is natural for his profession, but it doesn't make him Champion of Nature.
Grass arm is a curse. Curse. Vile magic. The opposite of natural order.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 750x1291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 750x1291
>>80994542
the arm looking the same is not evidence that it was done to cut production cost as you've implied. You are simply implying it means that.

> the game was rigged! Those arms weren't cool enough!
Literally grade school rationale. Some of the arms were gags, but the others were serious prosthetics made for him that he found himself to be incompatible with. Just because you found them to be "uncool" does not mean Finn hated them for the same reason you did.
>>
>>80993222
Not him. But you're really projecting.
>>
File: image.jpg (427 KB, 797x1002) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
427 KB, 797x1002
>>80995095
> hit to hard by the GW episode.
I predicted this episode would happen (or at least wished it) the moment Finn's arm transformed to defeat orgalorg. That was the episode that hit me hard with this concept. Receiving ascetic training from the HW was the next logical step for the show to take and I predicted it when that episode had aired (although I was still admittedly shocked that the episode happened. I figured they would introduce a male character to fill those shoes and leave HW in the background).
>>
File: image.jpg (552 KB, 1200x1455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
552 KB, 1200x1455
>>80995095
> magic is a giant the natural order
Magic is often used as an extension or manifestation or nature. Star Wars mystical Force is the magic in that series and it is indeed all around and those wizards who go through ascetic training to learn how to use it are Jedi. Just one example of many. Adventure time itself had the forest wizard who maintained the natural order of the forest using magic. Cosmic forces for good.

Posting favorite ascetic. Ibara kasen
>>
>>80995624
>Receiving ascetic training from the HW was the next logical step for the show to take
>implying that's going to happen
you dumb shipper slut

Hell, if someone were gonna train Finn it would have been Rattleballs.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 800x600
>>80996424
It has already begun. Canonically. A few weeks worth of it in fact. The question is can Finn continue training under her platonically after they have both openly admitted there feelings for each other.

> rattle balls should train Finn in ascetics
As much as I'd love to see Rainn Wilson return to the show, rattleballs is not part of the natural order and is not fit to teach an organic being ascetism. What he can teach Finn is swordsmanship and they already have a student/teacher relationship.
>>
File: adventure-time-finn-the-human.jpg (122 KB, 575x321) Image search: [Google]
adventure-time-finn-the-human.jpg
122 KB, 575x321
>>80995297
>but the others were serious prosthetics made for him that he found himself to be incompatible with
did I miss an episode because all there was was an ice cream arm, a jelly arm, and some other thing? nothing remotely workable. absolute minimum of something serious would be Ice Finn's ghetto piece of shit that he put together as a stupid farm boy.
>>
File: 1356911956310.png (2 MB, 1088x1400) Image search: [Google]
1356911956310.png
2 MB, 1088x1400
>>80996739
>continue training
It never begun. HW needed training, not he.
>>
>>80996739
He was playing the flute for her and she was waiting around hoping it would be the right song. No indication she was teaching him or even really talking to him much. He was waiting in silence for the opportunity to merely touch her hand.

>The question is can Finn continue training under her platonically after they have both openly admitted there feelings for each other.
heh, yeah I'm sure that'll work. she ran away to fight the temptation to jump his bones and compromise her ASCETICS.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 619x713) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 619x713
>>80996912
>>80997180
Finn tells jake that he is learning ascetics from Huntress Wizard and that they were collaborating on summoning the spirit of the forest. Literally tells jake when they are talking in the tree tops.

Can't argue that continuing the ascetic training with her would be difficult for them but great for the audience.
>>
>>80998245
>Finn tells jake that he is learning ascetics from Huntress Wizard
But this was in the course of fibbing the whole episode long, to try to prove Jake wrong. Of course he wasn't just following her around because he had a crush, they were doing very important business! Jake wasn't wrong though. I mean you know, she has her eyes on the prize. Why would she waste her time training him? She wanted the summoning done and that's it.
>>
>>80996912
Man monster Finn looked so fucking cool. I love how the nubby ears of his hat mutated into protrusions on his eyes that made him blind.
>>
File: image.jpg (231 KB, 1024x1216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231 KB, 1024x1216
>>80998710
His intentions behind it were indeed a lie even to himself. It does not change that he was in fact being trained by Huntress Wizard as I stated before. He didn't lie about what has happened, only his reasons for being with her.

We also saw that HW was with Finn because she liked him too, but was not honest with herself about her feelings. She convinced herself that she wanted him only for his flute playing and training him was a gesture in return for his helping her. When she admitted those feelings she realized she needed to part ways with him because of her dedication to her training and lifestyle (also because it seems her heart was weak to entering any new relationships which it can be deduced is why she trains in magic at all).
>>
File: CeKXr5jUIAEjdWu.jpg (405 KB, 1976x3001) Image search: [Google]
CeKXr5jUIAEjdWu.jpg
405 KB, 1976x3001
>>80999967
Are you posting from an iPhone or something?
>>
>>81000575
>image.jpg
yes he is
>>
>>81000575
Yup.
>>
>>80999967
>She convinced herself that she wanted him only for his flute playing and training him was a gesture in return for his helping her.
She doesn't seem like the type to care. I got the impression she kept her distance and Finn grasped at this because it distracted from what *he* was doing (chasing her). "oh uh, maybe she's trying to teach me her ways?" Finn's unfortunately a dirty little liar when there's a woman on the line.

Man, fuck them sideways for not showing us anything at all from this long period when Finn/HW supposedly interacted. God forbid if they had some kind of connection or chemistry, gotta cut that out. NO FUN ALLOWED. For a fanservice episode it was torture.
>>
File: 1321853361450.png (355 KB, 1300x1787) Image search: [Google]
1321853361450.png
355 KB, 1300x1787
>>81000725
Yeah, >>81000691 made me think so.
>>
>>81001043
who the hell is that?
>>
>>80999967
>that bulge
why
>>
File: 1363823213930.png (254 KB, 648x580) Image search: [Google]
1363823213930.png
254 KB, 648x580
>>81001662
Bell Princess, probably one of 10s of OC Princesses made on /co/, I think.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 220x220
>>80989124
Steffan Dimension
>>
>>81000932
> didn't seem like she cared

I thought she found herself in the same situation as Finn, where having him around after weeks of failure was secretly (in her heart) because she liked him. She was also being dishonest with her feelings as Finn was.

There may not be a relationship in the near future, but it would be nice to see her become a regular in the series from now on (I've been a fan of hers for a long time). Also her voice actress was amazing.
>>
>>81001687
Dunno. Artist error? Trap wizard?
>>
>>81002233
>trap /ss/
wowie. that would explain why she liked him. turns out, Finn's biggest asset is his ass.
>>
>>80990480
OR here, thanks Wizard Senpai.
>>
>>81002508
Well now that she's starred in an episode we can expect to see a lot more fan works for her. Fans are finally getting what was coming to them and that something will probably include /ss/ and trap /ss/.
>>
File: 1382051141767.jpg (257 KB, 621x1236) Image search: [Google]
1382051141767.jpg
257 KB, 621x1236
>>80993734
this scene was cute was fuck

when da next ep airs
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 239x211
>>81003353
> Flame princess in yoga pants

They need to do a Pilates bit with her in the next graybles episode.
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 690x806) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 690x806
Who excited for new episode?
>>
>>80995297
>>80988716
>>80988931
>>81000575

>Big question; How does the weather affect to HW?
>>
File: 1458521336767.png (425 KB, 1280x1700) Image search: [Google]
1458521336767.png
425 KB, 1280x1700
desu S1-2 Marceline is best girl
S4-5 onwards Bonnie is second best
>>
File: 1458433777813.jpg (983 KB, 800x967) Image search: [Google]
1458433777813.jpg
983 KB, 800x967
>>
File: 10outta10.png (469 KB, 640x1077) Image search: [Google]
10outta10.png
469 KB, 640x1077
>>81006912
>>
>>81006912
THICK
>>
>>81005493
Meh, it's a PB and Marcy episode combined with Ice King drama. No real hype on my end for all that.
>>
File: Staring%2BUp[1].png (67 KB, 379x379) Image search: [Google]
Staring%2BUp[1].png
67 KB, 379x379
>>81006317
Marcy and PB is the past.

Also post more Canyon and Me-Mow
>>
File: 1458450255665.jpg (510 KB, 900x1068) Image search: [Google]
1458450255665.jpg
510 KB, 900x1068
>>81008137
>>
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 1334x750
>>
>>81008137
Canyon and HW are boring as fuck tbf
>>
File: image.jpg (926 KB, 900x5491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
926 KB, 900x5491
>>81013003
so which girl do you prefer friend?

Who's not "boring tbqhfam"?

So which ADTIME WUD U FUG
>>
>>80989027
fuck you
>>
>>81005617
this idea is awesome
>>
>>81003207
YW la familia
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 1000x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 1000x680
> Marcy won't get a starring role ever again without bubblegum also being there. Relegated to supporting character for a supporting character.
>>
>>81014918
Good. We know more about her past than the main characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 800x1000
>>81015011
Doesn't have to be about her past though. She's still got a lot to learn herself as she is still immature.
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 789x1012) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 789x1012
>>81005617
> changes with the seasons
> during spring her hair is cherry blossoms

Add Japanese motif and you've got quality fan art
FUND IT
>>
>>81015723
>She's still got a lot to learn herself
She's been alive for 1000 years. You would think that would be enough time to learn about herself. Also her episodes don't have to be about her past but there's really nowhere else to go with her after stakes that doesn't involve her past. She had been carrying the backstory of this world for at least half her episodes to the point that I think they forgot about her father or how she used to go around and play for people.
>>
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 600x800
>>81016101
Marceline still has a lot of issues to work out and her failure to mature into an adult is because of her background and being a vampire.

What happened in the past will be the foundation for Marceline's trials in the present. That doesn't mean she will be fighting more literal enemies from her past. Instead, she will need to overcome her personal weaknesses and failures that are blocking her progress in her search for self fulfillment.
>>
>>81008137
>>81008470
>>81008616

Has anyone noticed, what these three are the classical rpg triad?

>Fighter, Mage, and Thief.
>>
>>80985929
>stakes
Finn and Jake were 2 dump goofy fucks
>>
>>80989085
SU airing schedule:
Hitatus
Hitatus
Hitatus
Hitatus
BOMB
Hitatus
Hitatus
>>
Title cards Wednesdays
>>
>>81018798
The middle one looks more like a monk, and the one on the left looks like an assassin more than thief.

What are these from?
>>
>>80993222
In the comic, he actually has a adopted sister name "Gata"
>>
>>81007109
DID SOMEBODY SAID "THICK"?
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 600x800
>>81018897
New episode "broke his crown"

50 second Sneak peak
http://youtu.be/7W8iyE8yXeA

Airs Saturday, March 26, 5pm
>>
>>81019457

* correction: will air at 7PM EST
>>
>>81019457
Why did they have to be dressed up?
>>
>>81019945
Because they're fancy bitches and like to flaunt that fact most likely.
>>
>>81018897
It oozes "serious business". Noice.
>>
>>81019457
Not Swirlix or Porygon-Z, blasphemy!
>>
>>81019999
Marceline likes being fancy....good one.
>>
>>81014918
I like how well the 2 characters work off of eachother.
They're 2 sides of 1 coin.
>>
>>81018897
Finally PB&Marcy episode!
>>
>>81020473
> things /co/ never says
>>
Someone post the screenshots Betty is in it and Human Simon. Also PB is NICE to simon.
>>
>>81020237
It's Simon we're talking about here. Of course she'd dress up for dinner.
>>
>>81020630
Spoiler tags are nice, you know
>>
File: MQLifpI4t2.jpg (171 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MQLifpI4t2.jpg
171 KB, 1280x720
>>81020630
Alright, I think I get the plot, now.
>>
>>81020648
Simon is like her father though....
>>
File: sMwm2qrR7F.jpg (136 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sMwm2qrR7F.jpg
136 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>81020720
PB finally being nice to Simon.
>>
File: eaVXw4xc32.jpg (157 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
eaVXw4xc32.jpg
157 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>80985381
> I stopped at the part where Finn first meets his dad in space I guess?

And the next episode Finn forget his Dad, that meeting never happened.

>He also lost his arm.
And the next episode magical bee restore Finn arm, his lost never happened.
>>
File: upYa51b380.jpg (264 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
upYa51b380.jpg
264 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: c3hZurwqUS.jpg (310 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
c3hZurwqUS.jpg
310 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: EM3ROupLUo.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
EM3ROupLUo.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: JDeOTGoti5.jpg (179 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JDeOTGoti5.jpg
179 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>81020753
>>81020769

>bubblegum still using that ridiculous crown
>>
File: 2iFC9IdwoS.jpg (176 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2iFC9IdwoS.jpg
176 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: SJgOd0mIk3.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SJgOd0mIk3.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
http://b.1339.cf/ejgfxwb.mp4
>>
>>81020769
So this little shit is in there. Oh I already fell the burn from him getting happy ending
>>
>>80989124
Donald Trump
>>
God this just looks like it's trying too hard now to be something epic but ultimately fails in the end. Why do 15 minute shows try to do this constantly
>>
>>81020868
>feel
>>
>>81020852
>http://b.1339.cf/ejgfxwb.mp4
What's this? the leaked 2 minutes preview?
>>
This show is a bad reddit meme and only dumb normies enjoy it.
>>
File: REKT M8.jpg (9 KB, 239x136) Image search: [Google]
REKT M8.jpg
9 KB, 239x136
>>81020920
heres ur reply
>>
>>81020721
Your ellipses don't make you look any smarter you know. Go to /trash/ if you want to write like that.
My point still stands.
>>
Watch out for the leaked image previews. This time around they seem to be really spoilerous. You can actually figure out the plot of the episode out of them.
>>
>>81021145
What Point? Simon is her father figure.
>>
>>81021207
The plot of PB being nice to Simon?
>>
File: 1458751348530.jpg (194 KB, 700x720) Image search: [Google]
1458751348530.jpg
194 KB, 700x720
>>81020720
>>
>>81016101
>but there's really nowhere else to go with her after stakes that doesn't involve her past
They remember what to do with her, sometimes...like that episode with LSP. But it invariably sucks ass so they stick with backstory, but that doesn't mean they couldn't just use her as a fun trickster musician.
>>
>>81020833
da fuck?
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 600x809) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 600x809
>>81020755
Oh he lost it anon. It's fucking gone.

He has a new arm, but it ain't necessarily human.
>>
>>81020881
Adventure time does do "epic", but it tries to be insightful and significant. Episodes like egress where you may need to read a 2deep4u interpretation are some of my favorites. So many different anons walk away with so many different interpretations. It feels like it was crafted more lovingly for the fans.
>>
>>81021675
technically. but only someone following the show would know that, which is lame.
>>
>>81021815
I mean, whenever they bring it up, they aren't really hiding that it's a grass arm.
>>
>>81021815
Don't we want them to cater the show to us, the fans who actually watch the show?
>>
>>81021247
No, the plot of them going inside IK's crown to see what's wrong
>>
>>81021851
>whenever they bring it up
Right, whenever they feel like it. They gave themselves the pass to ignore it at all other times. If say, he had an obvious grass arm ALL the time, he'd end up using it as his default, which would be better thematically and might force some kind of character development if he had to negotiate with the sword and keep it under control, since it's so ridiculously op.
>>
>>81021212
You don't dress up when you go to have dinner with relatives?
>>
File: CeQBHcRUkAATnxA.jpg (75 KB, 709x962) Image search: [Google]
CeQBHcRUkAATnxA.jpg
75 KB, 709x962
>>
>>81022126
Old Marceline definitely wouldn't wear a cocktail dress. This Marceline might? It's weird though, like the artist is dressing her up like a paper doll.

I wish these people would apply the passion for fashion to all the characters not just the pretty girls.
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 740x1079) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 740x1079
>>81022430
Marceline does what she want.

Daddy tells her to dress up nice? fuck him, she's dressing like a punk.

Some fans say she can't wear a dress? Fuck them! She's dressing like a motherfucking princess.
>>
>>81022055
> if it was visible all the time he'd us it by default
He has no control over the grass/plant arm. It comes out during times of crisis, so far only when all life on earth is at risk. He is now the avatar of the earth/nature/life, and is "in harmony with it" or growing towards that.
>>
>>81022864
>He has no control over the grass/plant arm.
and the writers wrote it this way so because it's more convenient for them. it'll only come out when the plot requires it, otherwise it doesn't matter. but that's not the only option, you can write it however.

can you imagine how tough it would be if he had this sentient thing --that wants to protect him, but also has its own motives -- attached to his body, bothering him all the time, fighting him for control? but for good rewards you have to do things that are hard. this "in harmony with nature" theme you're talking about would work better if he had to learn to work with the thing rather than letting it lead and do his work for him. This is the first sword Finn's had that he doesn't really use himself.
>>
>>81022430
Dude Marceline wore a dress in her second appearance just because she felt like it.
She'd do whatever the fuck she wanted.

Clearly she's dressed up here because she wanted to dress up like that and that's all that's required for it to actually happen.
>>
>>81023299
Well Bubblegum is also dressed up. Maybe she actually did it to look good in front of her?
>>
>>81023394
They're super lesbos apparently so that's also a valid option.

Maybe that or Marceline knew PB would dress up all fancy and didn't wanna seem trashy in comparison or something.
>>
>>81023299
This one? Lookin like a goth ragdoll is a little different than lookin like you hit up JC Penney.
>>
>>81023483
And Marceline's tastes are eclectic enough for me to buy her wearing either.
She's worn some pretty trendy looking stuff sometimes.
>>
Skip any episode that gets too preachy, shippy and/or SJW'y. You know the ones.

>>80987542
>This also makes him perfect for HW.
>Shipping garbage.
Fucking yuck.
>>
OK that second Preview, they really are milking it.
>>
>>81023748
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR5Il4-g2KA

Wow you weren't kidding.
>>
>>81023931
awaiting the porn that will arise from that little lick-face gesture
>>
>>81023181
The whole "learning to cope with the grass arm" sounds like the same argument for not getting a new arm and using a prosthetic. There is a sect of the fan base obsessed with seeing Finn struggle with a disability. It would be interesting but it's really no great loss to not have that plot.

Finn is not the spokesperson for the disabled and not was never supposed to be. The second people saw a flower grow from his remaining limb, they should have guessed that something along the lines of a new arm growing would happen. Also, the grass arm is not a sword. it's his arm and he does control it when it comes to his aid. He just can't seem to choose when it appears.
>>
>>81023931
They act like they are dating.
>>
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 1334x750
>>81023560
I don't have to ship it. They like eachother. It's out in the open. Just have to let the show carry it on from here.
>>
>>81024080
>There is a sect of the fan base obsessed with seeing Finn struggle with a disability.
It's more there's a fanbase for Adventure Time to fucking grow some balls and stick with the big changes they make instead of making a big change and then negating 90% of it like they always do.

If they didn't want Finn to be disabled then crippling him sure is a bad idea isn't it? Show staff is dumb, and even if CN is fucking over their plotlines they're still choosing to create the shitty gimped ones that appear in the show.
The flower in no way told the audience it's growing back, if anything it made it seem like his stump was permanent based on the interaction with the guardian goo.

Plus he doesn't control the grass arm.thorn at all, it chooses when to comes out and acts on its own. This was shown in Billy's Bucket List and that part in Crossover where it was indiscriminately wacking everything when Finn didn't want it to.
>>
File: 1331858524873.png (15 KB, 471x359) Image search: [Google]
1331858524873.png
15 KB, 471x359
>>81024145
>Just have to let the show carry it on from here.
>>
File: 1355968706986.jpg (286 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1355968706986.jpg
286 KB, 1000x750
>>81024145
>Just have to let the show carry it on from here.
>carry it on
>Adventure Time
Tell me you are trolling.
>>
>>81024102
Dont forget it's the second PB and Marcy centered episode in this season.
>>
>>81024080
>Finn is not the spokesperson for the disabled
lol why not? Finn could be a good role model that way. But, is Guts a spokesperson for the disabled? It doesn't define a person like that, it's just an extra challenge and point of badassery.

I mean if the show is gonna toy with the idea to the point where Finn falls into rage-depression over his loss of limb and what that represents (his biological father doesn't love him), isn't it insulting to the disabled to NOT go through it? Implying serious disabilities can simply be fixed with magic, and by extension *emotional* wounds can be instantly healed. Way to make disabled children cry, Adventure Time. Nice.

> the grass arm is not a sword.
Fine, it's a weapon. It functions like his weapons in the past have. It kills bad guys.
>>
>>81024408
A good chunk of Stakes was centered around them too.
They've really ramped up Bubbline this season. Guess you gotta get back those ratings somehow.
>>
>>81024338
>>81024262
Sarcasm doesn't carry well in writing. It's at least nice for fans of the ship that they have both confessed their feelings to eachother.
>>
>>81024408
The lick thumb to face though
>>
>>81024484
is it wrong for a grown man to like bubbline?
>>
>>81024486
You'd have to be pretty desperate. I'd rather not hear about it at all then get a confession along with an excuse for why they won't get together, despite wanting each other. She likes him but she doesn't want to feel that way. Great?
>>
>>81024557
We all got weird things we're into bro, plus you already like cartoons as a grown man to start with so layering on some cartoon lesbians doesn't add that much more in the long run I think.
>>
So is anyone actually going to watch this ep?
>>
>>81024738
Totally, it sounds pretty interesting for a variety of reasons.

I'd imagine even people who hate Bubbline with the force of a thousand suns and all that would be drawn in due to the plot progression and shit.
>>
File: 1327585300009.png (542 KB, 473x667) Image search: [Google]
1327585300009.png
542 KB, 473x667
>>81024738
Here? Without a doubt, if only because some people are stuck on the show and nothing better to do.
Elsewhere? Absolutely, Bubbline is so popular, like holy shit.
>>
>>81024770
>plot progression
literally how? They can't cure Ice King until the last episode (you know they will) so I'm tryin to imagine where this could possibly go, for now.
>>
>>80985930
Finn's arm growing back was just a result of lack of creativity and foresight by the writers.
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 800x600
>>81024483
> way to make diasbled children feel disabled.
I knew that argument was coming. Focus on how Finn lost his arm. He held on with his own will to Keep his dad from escaping and the arm severed where the plant part ended and the human Finn continued. The new plant/grass arm grew out of the flower and only replaced the part that had been consumed by the grass sword curse. It was false to think his loss was ordinary and not fantastic to begin with.

Gonna use the "harmony with nature" bit again on the episode The Tower. Finn built that mother using what was basically "the force". In Star Wars "the force" was part of nature that could be manipulated by those who underwent ascetic training (Jedi) to become one with the force(nature).

Also, I thought of Guts too, but Guts doesn't let his lack of an arm get in his way almost to the point where you wouldn't know he didn't have it unless you saw him without his gauntlet. Guts is just to high on the badass scale to fairly compare anyone to him.
>>
>>81024841
They're still inching there bit by bit.
Plot progression happens gradually. And in Adventure Time is happens VEEEEERY gradually.
>>
>>81024507
So cute.
>>
>>81024869
Then it sounds like the writers are getting too high on their fantasy boner to be writing about issues as real as deadbeat dads, depression, and messing around with a bunch of ladies because you're feeling so empty inside.

If they can do stuff like that in a fantasy land why is having a disabled main character off the list? They pick and choose what's realistic and what's fantastical based on what's easier to do man. They're not as intricately concerned with theming as you think.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 1334x750
>>81024645
Huntress wizard said she had something she was "searching for" (dunno if figurative or literal) and she is afraid of losing that purpose and meaning to her life. She believes that a relationship with Finn will get in the way of her having a purpose and does not wish for one at this point in the story. Maybe at some point the two will get together, but it would probably be a bit further down the line.

For now we should just hope that she becomes a recurring character so we get to see more of her.
>>
>>81024843
I want to believe that CN higher ups are the ones to blame
>>
>>81024738
Not only that but I'm looking forward to it. Adventure time is progressing excellently as a show with just one instance of me hating it (the one where cinnamon bun ones up Finn to take down the flame King)
>>
>>81024893
>implying they wont revert to status quo
>>
>>81023931
The Morrow is a BIRD
>>
File: 1448496640361.gif (463 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1448496640361.gif
463 KB, 500x280
>>81025056
>inb4 several more years of brief meaningless cameos before the show finally ends
>>
>>81024226
>The flower in no way told the audience it's growing back, if anything it made it seem like his stump was permanent based on the interaction with the guardian goo.
The stump was also permanent for every other Finn in the multiverse. Our Finn is the only one who gets the fancy biological replacement because protagonist magic.
>>
>>81025150
I figure they gotta set some stuff up for the eventual finale where all the plots are neatly wrapped up in 22 to 33 minutes, so whatever advances made to Ice King's situation will stick even if it takes a long time for them to amount to anything.
>>
>>81025156
that was a great joke.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 500x387
>>81025002
Because those are all based on Finns personal choices. How he chooses to deal with them makes him who he is, for better or worse. Part of Finn making poor choices is to show his immaturity and to give room for him to grow from those experiences. Finn is definitely making baby steps there (Flute Spell is easily the greatest demonstration of progress he's made), but the payoff will be worth it.
>>
Im so tired of the AT art style, its really preventing me from giving it another try
>>
File: Down in the Dirt.gif (2 MB, 491x626) Image search: [Google]
Down in the Dirt.gif
2 MB, 491x626
Threads like these make me glad AT got less popular on /co/.
All the super spoilers and idiots projecting themselves or their pseudo-intellectual bullshit onto the characters. I mean some of it makes sense, but most of it is just reaching really fucking hard.
Beh.

It's almost as bad as the fags in the "not"-/sug/ threads that apologize to one another offending.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 1034x878) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 1034x878
>>81025158
If so, then that's how it is. Part of growing up is accepting that the universe doesn't always go the way you want it to.
>>
>>81025174
Shoko regrew her arm aswell.
>>
>>81025351
That's a really stupid distinction to make.
So when Finn chooses it to be the world is real and full of pain and trouble just like ours, but when he's just chilling it's a fantasy land where bee jizz= instant limb retrieval.

That means all Finn needs to do to get over his problems is sit around until a fairy comes and douses him with powder of girlfriends and biological parental love and he's set.
>>
>>81024893
>tually going to watch this ep?
they already blew their load with this in Betty. the show proved it can pull something out of its ass to cure IK in five seconds (got undone of course, it was too early).
>>
>>81025474
While she was on the verge of death.
And nuclear radioation makes a lot more sense for that than some bee juice.

Also, Shoko lived most of her life with one arm. How long did Finn do that? Like two weeks in universe?
>>
File: 1458515582389.png (294 KB, 573x442) Image search: [Google]
1458515582389.png
294 KB, 573x442
>>81025378
>super spoilers
The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>81025378
After all the retarded stuff the show's done the only ones sticking around here are those that care enough to come up with dumb theories.
>>
>>81025503
I didn't say that it justifies Breezy, I meant that it justifies him getting his arm back. I still agree that they could've waited longer than, like, six episodes before giving it back, though.
>>
>>81025378
You have to accept that adventure time is a surprisingly deep show at times. Go ahead and try to explain what message they were trying to tell in Hall of Egress for one example. In its own way the plot can be secondary to the messages they wish to bury/convey. This is no excuse for lazy or slipshod plot writing and advancement but it does give you better insight into how the writers of the show craft each episode.
>>
>>81025503
It's not much better, Shoko mutating into that giant ghost lady at the last second (to force the narrative that they were the same person) was just as much of an asspull as Breezy. But I guess asspulls foreshadow further asspulls, that's the surest foreshadowing of all.
>>
>>81025559
In AT's universe there should easily be a million and one ways for Finn to magically get his arm back, or a million prosthetics that would be just as good or even better than the old arm he had.

The thing is though, if they were gonna slap something new on him ten seconds flat then all the drama of him losing it is pretty dumb and might as well not have happened. That was a situation where the setting kind of should have been ignored and stuff.
They just wanted the free drama and few consequences afterward.
>>
So are they dating?
>>
>>81025679
>if they were gonna slap something new on him ten seconds flat then all the drama of him losing it is pretty dumb and might as well not have happened.
Tell that to real people with prosthetic limbs. You want realism? That shit still isn't easy.

From a narrative perspective, at least, a prosthesis would be a sign that something changed. To represent a new phase of Finn's life despite past losses, the scars of which never completely fade. That would be an okay alternative if they didn't wanna do a stump like Shoko (which like you said doesn't make sense in Ooo anyway, there's no reason to stay crippled in a magic land).
>>
I'm still annoyed that Finn and Marceline could have some in-depth conversations about how Finn is the last human and Marcy was once human and both of the characters could grow from it, but the writers either don't know how to write that interaction or just don't want to because they've kept Finn and Marcy at arms length since like season 2.
>>
>>81025785
They probably did date and I guess are getting back into it according to recent episodes.

The show's too much of a pussy to come out and say it though so who cares, the shippers are gonna jizz buckets no matter what.
>>
honestly i just want more hw fanart
can anyone post some
>>
>>81025846
Bro the time and place for that has passed long ago.

Even if Finn and Marceline actually still talked to each other Finn's never cared much for ancient humans, and now there's so many half humans and pseudo humans and 'were a human but is now something different' in the show that it wouldn't really be special enough to be something only shared between Finn and Marcy.
>>
>>81024738
Lesbian Time
Come on tell your gals
Learn how these two are more than pals
With Marceline and Bubblegum
The fun will never come
Lesbian Time
>>
>>81025834
For Shoko it made sense because she was poor as shit and the land wasn't all too developed yet. Not that much magical stuff around.
>>
>>81025846
Yeah it's nuts. Marcy probably knows where the last surviving humans are, even, and could point Finn towards them. I'm assuming some still exist off Ooo.

As extra protection against difficult protection, Finn only cares about other humans when it's convenient. He can be right in front of Betty and not say jack.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 1102x725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 1102x725
>>81025475
It's not the world but Finn's attitude toward it that changes. The episode the tower tried to convey this with the lesson bubblegum taught to Finn, helping him overcome his desire to kill his dad. Nothing the show has demonstrated (or that I have posted) implies that we should all wait for forces of God/nature to solve our problems for us. Finn growing a new arm should certainly not have led you to believe that.

It is the circumstances of how Finn lost the arm that made the idea of it being permanent suspect. Most people I know who watch the show (including my kid sister) guessed that he would literally grow a new arm. Some just though it would be green.

If anything about growing a new arm should bother you, it's how the grass sword "ate/fused with" his arm in The Citadel. If it happened once there is nothing to say that it won't spread further into his flesh.
>>
>>81025996
difficult *questions
>>
>>81025414
Damn you'll do anything to justify AT's laziness.
>>
>>81025834
> Tell the people with real prosthetic limbs

So Finn isn't their cripple idol? So what? They still have motherfucking Guts.
>>
File: LadyRainicorn.png (16 KB, 293x462) Image search: [Google]
LadyRainicorn.png
16 KB, 293x462
>>80985381
Anon, AT is always worth watching man
>>
>>81025957
I'm just dying for some actual character development. Not finn learning a lesson or B-mo being cute, i mean a character actually learning and growing as the show has gone on. PB is probably the only example of that.

It's interesting how being the last human doesn't really weigh on Finn. The most we got is that one ep when he says to PB "I can't think about it too much or I get all weird" and that was pretty much all we heard about it. He hasn't even taken most of the chances hes had to learn more about his race and people. You would think that'd be important to him, considering his world is largely defined by the leftovers of that civilization.
>>
>>81026002
>we should all wait for forces of God/nature to solve our problems for us. Finn growing a new arm should certainly not have led you to believe that.
But that's exactly what happened in Breezy. Finn was at his lowest point, then Breezy (an outside force of nature) came and cured everything for him. Finn played no part in that.

No matter what the audience thinks (and judging from reactions I've seen I'm pretty sure most people were under the impression it would be permanent) the narrative made it seem like this was a big deal and something that would stay, not be patched up in 5 episodes and then sporadically touched upon years later.

The deal with the grass sword curse seemed done after Citadel. Finn lost his arm but the curse was still there in the flower, and the curse being present is what caused the guardian goo to not fully heal his limb. Pretty clear cut to me, but I guess I'm not in sync with the hilariously dumb logic the show writers are using.
>>
>>81025846
Finn lives in the moment. History lessons would put him to sleep. He's far more interested in the Marceline who currently exists is, the one he actually knows.

The same way he was interested in his dad as being his "dad" and not that he was another living human.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 143

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.