[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come there are so many comics out there about friendly, helpful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: BEAUT_DARK_cover-full.jpg (2 MB, 2475x3369) Image search: [Google]
BEAUT_DARK_cover-full.jpg
2 MB, 2475x3369
How come there are so many comics out there about friendly, helpful and cheerful characters becoming psychotic murderhobos because people = shit (pic related), but so very few about psychotic murderhobos becoming friendly, helpful and cheerful, because people, while flawed, aren't all shit?
>>
>>80985066
Do you have some other story in your mind beside the pic related?
>>
That's a poor example fampie.
>>
>>80985066
Beautiful Darkness is more about a reversal of fairy-tale ideals and the decay of society WITHOUT altruism. The story never implies people are inherently bad, just what happens when childish/simple characters are thrust into a world far too complex for them.
>>
was the guy in the hut a pedophile who killed the little girl and that was the reason mc was so obsessed with him?
>>
>>80985783
No, there is zero evidence that he had anything to do with the girl's death.
>>
File: Fuck you.png (78 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.png
78 KB, 200x200
>>80985066
>the one girl who was buried alive
>no one tried to save her
>just dumped her body out without a care
Holy shit I'm mad after all that time.
>>
File: Timothy Pictures.jpg (3 MB, 1780x1980) Image search: [Google]
Timothy Pictures.jpg
3 MB, 1780x1980
>>80985825

Why didn't you protect her smile?

>tfw you'll never find a safe place raise your adopted babby together
>>
>>80985066
>How come there are so many comics out there about friendly, helpful and cheerful characters becoming psychotic murderhobos because people = shit (pic related)
Honestly I think that's just Kerascoët.
>>
>>80985783
I thought he was maybe the dad or something but honestly I don't know what fucking anything in this comic meant. Only thing that seemed for 'sure' was that I don't think anyone was actually evil, they just didn't know what they were doing, or understood consequences or something.

There's also no reason to believe the little girl was killed by someone either.
>>
>>80986597
I like the theory that she ate poisonous mushrooms.
And, I still can't figure out how they killed Jane.
>>
>>80986650
Some people speculated she fell out of a tree and hit her head, or fell on her colored pencils. Who knows.

I feel like even if this comic was explained by who made it, either absolutely nothing about it would be even remotely straight forward or literal(muh symbolism) or the author would be like "i dunno i just drew a thing."
>>
>>80986846
Its the kind of thing that's open up to any interpretation. Like, are the kids pixies that happened to live in a dead girl, are they her fantasies and personality given life by the time of her death?
>>
The author made them act like toddlers for a reason OP
>>
>>80985066

Storytime?

>>80985748

Sounds neat. The art looks great.
>>
literally the best comic I've been ever read
good ass shit
>>
>>80986952
I thing I like about it so much is how incredibly stupid it makes me feel. Like on one hand, fuck yeah interpreting things is fun but this just gives you so little it actually makes me mad.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.