[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What hero should they use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: 2853250-marvel1.jpg (23 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
2853250-marvel1.jpg
23 KB, 650x366
And why should it be daredevil
>>
Cage & Iron Fist
>>
>>80981888
They are doing a Batman game also, so I would like something completely opposite from that.

Let's get some Power Pack up in this bitch.
>>
What's going on here? Proper PC game or app shit?
>>
>>80982298
They make very good 'point and click' adventure games for a variety of platforms.
>>
Fantastic four
>>
>>80981888

I'd say the X-men would be the best but we all know why that'll never happen.
>>
>>80981888
No x-men and f4 i am sure, maybe a deadpool cameo
>>
>>80981888
Fuck Telltale shit, do actual games like Batman Arkham, i'm tired of playing LEGO shit.
>>
Runaways.
>>
>>80982474
You're thinking of Traveller's Tales, they do the Lego games. Telltale does episodic adventure games like The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us.
>>
>>80982526
I know, i'm just saying that I want an actual game, not some Teltale movie game or more LEGO games since these last ones are just pretty much the same over and over.
>>
>>80981888
It SHOULD be Scarlet Spider & Hummingbird.

But it won't.
>>
>>80981888
Howard the Duck
>>
Silver Surfer
>>
Moon Knight
>>
>>80981888
>still no Telltale Question game
>>
>>80981959
this
or
>>80982908
this.
>>
Ms. Marvel
>>
>>80982329

Game is a strong word.

The stuff that Telltale puts out these days are more like interactive movies with occasional dialog choices or QTEs.

Which is fine, you know? Different strokes, that kind of shit just doesn't appeal to me. Especially not in the forced, no longer necessary in 2016 episodic format.

But to be honest I can't say that I'm not a little bitter that we won't be getting a proper Adventure games based on Marvel IPs.
>>
PLEASE don't be one of the Spiders. Maybe She Hulk or Dr Doom. Cable could be good, or the Warriors Three.
>>
>>80983078
Or DC, we only get Batman games lmao

Even Injustice is deep in Batmans pants his characters make up half the roster and he has more stages based off his shit

Batmans normie fame and MCU's normie fame had kinds ruined the media of both
>>
itll probably be deadpool or spiderman
>>
It better fucking be Moonknight
>>
It'll be Kamala or Doreen.
>>
>>80983135
Just buy more comics from other characters. If the company sees more sales on another character, they'll start promoting him.
>>
>>80981888
Lots of different heroes (like one street-level, one outer space, one magic, one shield related) and all told by Uata the watcher
>>
>>80981888
It should be Howard the Duck, because tell me the studio behind Sam & Max wouldn't make a good Howard the Duck game.
>>
>Telltale""games""
Also it would probably be mobile only shit so who cares
>>
>>80981888

With Daredevil you could save on graphics budget.
>>
>>80982908
Wil we see more of him in GOTG2?
>>
>Deadpool
>LEL SO FUNNY RANDUMB STUFF
>Deadpool constantly 4th wall breaking your decision making
>>
File: CXVYnsdUoAEQFJH.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CXVYnsdUoAEQFJH.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
Agent Coulson: The Untold Adventures
>>
>>80983078
You sound like a fucking sperg

>Hey check it out I just got that new Walking Dead game
>*scoffs* hardly a game in my book. I don't have a million flashing colours in my face. Even though this is a 100% improvement on what point-and-click PC games were in the past, I'm gonna go ahead and deem this a movie
>>
File: 3540007-7426960617-Dr_St.jpg (188 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
3540007-7426960617-Dr_St.jpg
188 KB, 500x669
>>80982932
>>80981888

Either Silver Surfer or Dr Strange would be a fit for a PnC game.

Marvel doesn't seem to have a good fit for a puzzle hero, really.

>>80987941

There you go. Have a dedicated button for 'going dark'
>>
>>80982329
They haven't made a point and click game in forever, their Heavy Rain format is what gets em dosh now.
>>
>>80987778
>>>/v/
>>
>>80988053
Interactive dramas are what the neckbeards are calling them now.

Because Games are holy treasures that need their definition locked to only Dark Soul's type of games
>>
Nelson & Murdock: Attorneys at Law
>>
>>80988053

To be fair, ttg at their worst was a 20 minute episode of TWAU where you, at most, moved forward ten feet before more dialogue and cutscenes.
>>
>>80981888

Fantastic Four or Spidey.
>>
>>80981888
What If?

Have each play through be its own timeline. Have a big multi-character event happen to begin with, and then give each character a timeline or two to play around with where they go to their own microcosm and deal with the effects of it. Game starts with a monologue from Uatu of course.
>>
>>80981888
They should just go to DC and get Hellblazer.
>>
>>80981888
I could really go with a Jessica Jones story. But that may be too much wolf amoung us
>>
>>80988472
No they should use Ghost Rider and the rest of Marvel's supernatural characters.
>>
>>80983078
But these games are the closest we get to a kings quest style game. Its part choose your own adventure part puzzle
>>
>>80988472
That would be fucking amazing
>>
File: 1447969545272.png (244 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1447969545272.png
244 KB, 500x499
>>80988403
>Fantastic Four

Marvel won't use anything that Fox has the movie rights to in their games. Except maybe Wolverine or Deadpool because they're so popular.

But they have an internal war against Fox and don't want to create any merchandise that has the Fantastic Four or the X-Men and they don't want them in their video games
>>
>>80988454
To elaborate: some cosmic/mystic entity shows up and starts fucking up shit. Say, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and a couple other A-listers get into it, and the villain drops a MacGuffin. You choose who to focus on and thus who finds the MacGuffin when the fight's over. Spider-Man takes it to his shitty apartment, Tony takes it to his penthouse, etc. Turns out it grants crazy power, and has a chance of corrupting its user. The main then chooses to use it or not, which leads to fighting(or not) the thing's corruptive effects while being supercharged, or some hero-specific villain hearing about it, stealing it and getting himself powered up, leading to the main dealing with that. Other heroes show up, some have a chance of dying or fighting you, etc. Ends with another monologue from Uatu and a flash forward of the effects of the game, whether it be status quo or God Emperor Stark.
>>
File: 1457538295578.jpg (168 KB, 1812x892) Image search: [Google]
1457538295578.jpg
168 KB, 1812x892
>>
>>80988088
>>80981888
>>
Moon Knight
Daredevil
Heroes for Hire
She-Hulk
Howard the Duck
Moon Knight
Frank

One of those please
>>
>>80983078
Yet they made the best borderlands game.
>>
Each episode focuses on a different hero with the final episode being a crossover
>>
>>80988053
Anon, the problem is that they're fucking lazy at gameplay. Hell, they used to have puzzles rather than fucking retarded QTEs but with the advent of the Walking Dead they just completely threw gameplay out the window. It's not a 100% improvement because QTEs are fucking boring and pretty much the laziest gameplay you can ever have in a game.
>>
>>80988573
>But these games are the closest we get to a kings quest style game
Except for the King's Quest game that came out last year.
Telltale games tell themselves.
>>
>>80981888
Stan Lee, and the final boss is Jack Kirby's ghost.
>>
File: agent venom.jpg (169 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
agent venom.jpg
169 KB, 900x1367
Agent Venom

It works perfectly for their CYOA style format. Try to be a big hero, or succumb to the violent desires of the symbiote, or somewhere in the middle.

Jack O Lantern would make an amazing villain, and they could throw in Spider-man as a supporting character. The focus of one episode would probably be a big fight with him or something.
>>
>>80981888

KAMALA
A
M
A
L
A

seriously, adolescent drama where the outcome is the same no matter what you do fits telltale style games like a glove
>>
>>81000956
Man, people who actually believe this shit are so retarded. Stan Lee has always said "when me and Jack" or "when me and Steve" or when talking about all the character he's been involved with just "we." The media always zoomed in on him to no fault of his own and he still tried to give them credit. He also made it so inkers and letterers got their own damn credits in comics. Flipped through his comic biography and he was giving all the old guys as much damn credit as himself. He said he felt bad that Kirby was later so vehement about feeling like Lee hogged all the glory. There is absolutely no doubt that Stan unfairly got too much of the credit for Marvel and their characters but it wasn't by fault of his own. Definitely not to the point that Stan literally did jack shit all day and cut open Kirby's kids to steal their Cheerios.
>>
File: kamala.jpg (19 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
kamala.jpg
19 KB, 400x224
>>81001597
Huh, Cuckmala might actually work.

Like a less angsty and less serious Life is Strange.
>>
>>80981888
>>80981959
Why would you want them to use characters that already have their own shows? It's a perfect opportunity to give others the spotlight.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.