[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What fight scene did you like best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: daredevil0002.jpg (134 KB, 1280x1768) Image search: [Google]
daredevil0002.jpg
134 KB, 1280x1768
Season 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV1Vzn6xwqQ

Season 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsP4j809Us
>>
That fucking chain.

10/10 fight scene.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zsVn_vZ9zE
This was the best
>>
File: maxresdefaultnotbad.jpg (62 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefaultnotbad.jpg
62 KB, 1920x1080
>>80973556
HEY that's pretty GOOD!
>>
>>80973248
Season 2, no doubt.

Season 1 was like, shit this is pretty cool, one take, he's against like 10 guys and he gets tired constantly

Season 2 is like, HOLY SHIT HE HAS A CHAIN AND A GUN STRAPPED TO HIS HAND AND OH MY GOD SO MANY PEOPLE. WHAT? WE'RE GOING DOWN FUCKING STAIRS NOW? HOLY SHIT HE'S THROWING A GUY DOWN WITH THE CHAINS OH MY GOOOD

But >>80973556 is still the best.
>>
Definitely prison Franking. So good.
>>
>>80973248
Are fight scenes all this show boils down to for you people? I'm trying to understand the appeal, because the writing for the most part is extremely mediocre.
I was only able to get through the first season because of Kingpin.
>>
>>80973248
>0:59 that smirk
i like to think that he did it on purpose
>>
>>80973967

He definitely just did it to fuck with them.
>>
>>80973911
Listen it's Christos Gage here we aren't expecting miracles.
>>
>>80973556
It was so hype I had to watch it like 3 times before I saw that the guy with the bloody face lands on Frank's chest leaving his skull's imprint in blood to make the punisher symbol.
>>
>>80973248

Is he supposed to look cross eyed in that pic?
>>
>>80973248
From the talk or lack there of i feel like people are sleeping on the Punisher rescue. I LOVED that shit. Tackling people and dragging them off into shadows is my favorite thing.

Out of your choices, the first one, the second was nice but ran a little to long and some of the hits fail to connect properly even if the chain was a really sweet addition in some places. The first was just cleaner.
>>
>>80973996
I'll admit I haven't read a lot of Daredevil, but from what I've had read, he deserves a lot better than this Netflix show.
It's a shame because the casting is mostly perfect.
>>
>>80973911
You...act like its such a bad thing to enjoy the fight scenes in a super hero show. Jesus, its a Punisher origin story. Did you expect some Dumas-level writing?
>>
File: 125 times the legal limit.png (610 KB, 1553x1717) Image search: [Google]
125 times the legal limit.png
610 KB, 1553x1717
>>80973248
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsP4j809Us
>points gun
>gun is empty
>he just smiles
>then the fight
>>
>>80974151
So superheroes shows are allowed to be mediocre?
Why can't we hold them to a higher standard?
>>
fucking hell, that fight with the chain was magical, especially when they all think he has a loaded gun, and he pulls the trigger, then just smirks like a cunt
>>
>>80973248

The Punisher Diner Scene is pretty underrated.

It was a fucking brutal Franking.
>>
>>80974236
>hehe
I like it when humble guys like Matt and Cap get cocky.
>>
>>80973248

The fight scenes in this season were top notch 10/10. The scene where Matt has to kill all those bikers with a gun and a chain was very creative.

If I had to nitpick something, it would be that I would liked to see some more Oper8ting by Frank. You know, gunfights. But I get it, its Daredevil not "The Frank Castle Show" except for episode 9.
>>
>>80973712
>and he gets tired constantly
Nigga he was fighting with a HUGE handicap. Not only was he still injured as fuck from a previous fight, he was still wearing no armor at the time. That just makes his victory all the more impressive.
>>
Season 2, no question.

I liked season 1's fight scenes. No matter what, Daredevil even at its worst knocks the PISS out of the TDK choreography. I just keep getting more and more upset that despite the obvious influences of TDK on Daredevil, Daredevil does Batman better than Nolan did.

I was talking to somebody today about how Nolan's Bat gave zero fucks about any villain who died, even Talia. Where is fucking Matt is arguing with the god damn Punisher about killing.

Anyways, the first hallway fight scene was trying far too hard to do Oldboy. This one, while still not truly a "one shot" take, was fucking amazing. Dat grin, dat taped gun hand, dat chain, dem lights, dat blood, dat stairwell, dat actual boxing/muay thai less kung fu spinning stuff. I was diamonds.
>>
>>80974332
Yeah, Frank is a bit of a brawler and is only seen shooting guns a handful of times. He never machine guns down a room apart from the first episode where he isn't yet on screen.

I think the stunt team was not very confortable with gun tactics and just did their best. They just use gun on melee-mob and rarely gun on gun action.

I like the scene where Matt rescues him and he casually grabs a hammer to bust the skull of some poor fuck that's already down. He had killer eyes.
>>
>>80974227
You seriously need to calm the fuck down you assumptious prick.

Firstly, having good fight scenes absolutely does not discredit a film. Its silly for you to suggest that
>If you are praising fight scenes in a comic book movie, its mediocre!
Secondly, its a damn good show. And its far from mediocre, ESPECIALLY for its subject matter. And given a majority of fucking comic books deal with some premise or purpose on over the top fight/action scenes, I got to say you sound really fucking retarded.
>>
I love the look of rage on Matt's face as he swings the chain upward and shatters the lights above. When I first watched the fight I thought it didn't quite match the hallway fight but in retrospect I think it was actually a far more impressive fight sequence.
>>
>>80974656
One of the most impressive thing about it is the CGI chain throughout more than half of the cuts.
>>
>>80974621
I never implied that having good fight scenes discredits a film or show, that'd be retarded. The fight scenes in Cap 2 and Pacific Rim elevated their quality immensely.
>>
>>80974702
True, his chain attacks were striking. But on first viewing it seemed like Matt was taking the bikers down with like two hits each. Because the fight sprawls through an entire building it's harder to maintain awareness that it's the same group of thugs his brawling with all the way down. The narrow hallway in season 1 was much easier to keep track of the action.
>>
>>80973911
If you think the writing is mediocre, you simply have poor taste and don't appreciate character driven drama.
>>
Season 2 fight is overrated garbage. Went on for too long just to please fanboys.
>>
>>80973556
So many edgelord youtube comments.
>>
>>80973911
I like the writing and the story, but the fights are a big sell for me as I'm a huge kung fu/action movie fan
>>
>>80974155
That little chuckle was the best part for me
>>
>>80973967
Definitely, he'd probably smell if there was another bullet in there or something.
>>
>>80973911
this board has been discussing all aspects of this show, nothing wrong with focusing on one small factor of what makes the show memorable
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.