[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I let myself get so hyped for Season 4, /co/! I thought things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Green_Arrow_(Stephen_Amell).png (193 KB, 235x318) Image search: [Google]
Green_Arrow_(Stephen_Amell).png
193 KB, 235x318
I let myself get so hyped for Season 4, /co/! I thought things would be different!

Even the premiere was promising.

>finally called the GREEN Arrow
>finally called Star City
>promised a more light-hearted tone, similar to Flash
>promised more metahumans and superpowers
>the return of John Constantine and a season theme of magic
>>
>>80971536
>Season starts out with an emphasis on no more secrets
>back to fucking Season 3-tier lying within five episodes

At least the crossovers are good. Love Oliver and Barry's bants.
>>
Yeah yeah yeah
Flash is cool
Arrow drools
>>
>>80971536
Remember when Season 3 started with Olicity not being a thing?

Remember when Season 3 started with Canary shipping?

Remember when Legends of Tomrrow had the best Arrow episode in years?
>>
>>80971536
You, like most of /co/, are an idiot.

You should have dropped it during Season 3.
>>
>Season theme is magic
>Decide to ignore the possibility of Grundy, Klarion, and Entrigan.
>Use force choke using chucklefuck who has corn
>>
>>80971536
I think "Mr. Terrific" is the worst part of the show. He's totally pointless, and is only there for muh LGBTQism and more importantly, as a cheap writing device.
>yfw he creates a new hand for Merlyn
>>
>>80971943
Remember when Merlyn actually felt like a threatening villian?
>>
I stopped watching after he cut off Merlyn's hand and disbanded the League. How shitty has it gotten? Are they making Ollie's kid some big thing now?
>>
>>80971986
He's not even really a villian anymore.

It's like he just does evil things out of obligation.

It's been that way since Season 3.
>>
>>80971986
Now he's just some asshole that keeps breaking into people's apartments to spout off expository dialogue.
>>
>>80971999
Oliver and Failedcity are getting married
>>
>>80971536
>I let myself get so hyped for Season 4
>and then it got Felicity'd
>>
>>80971536
Everything you listed is the exact opposite of what I wanted, ESPECIALLY number 3.

Arrow was good, sure it was a blatant batman ripoff, but it was entertaining, now it's the same issue I have with batman, when it's street level shit, I love it, but mix in stuff like meta's, aliens and super stuff, and I can't take it seriously. It's a guy with a god damn bow and some fancy arrows, just like batman is a dude with a fucking belt and expensive toys.
>>
>>80971986
Funny how Arrow fucks up Merlyn and Vertigo (twice), his most well known arch's. Seriously, why wasnt Vertigo saved as a season threat? And Deathstroke, the worlds greatest merc, was reduced to "muh Shado"
>>
>>80971986
Even in Season 2, he still had a threatening presence.

I like how easily forgiven he was for committing genocide.

Yeah, they say "I'll never forgive you" and shit, but then preceed to work with him on a regular basis.
>>
>>80971999
Of course the kid is a big thing. It finally got felicity to fuck off
though I have a horrible feeling she'll be back in an episode or two
>>
>>80971999
Felicity can tap dance again.
>>
>>80972082
At least Merlyn was still a good villian in Season 1. Oliver had to actually work to defeat him, and even when we thought he was dead, still didn't really beat him. Merlyn still won by destroying the ghetto.
>>
>>80972034
>>80972028
>>80971986
I think his main problem is that he has no presence. Since he's supposed to be dead, only a handful of people even know that he still exists, so there's not much he can do other than the League of Shadows stuff - which they promptly took away as soon as he got it. Really, that entire plot point amounted to nothing, which is really weird since it was such a big reveal in Season 3's ending.
>>
>>80972082
I still thought Deathstroke was well adapted in Season 2.

I also loved seeing him completely fuck up Oliver's life.
>>
>>80971999
Oliver and the kids mother decided to keep the kid out of Oliver's life. Felicity got upset that she was left out of the decision, got up out of her wheelchair, and walked out.
>>
I want season 1-2 Arrow back
>>
>>80972082

Merlyn's always been a bit of a shitter in the comics, where he's just a spiteful old man who is mad that Ollie is a better Archer.

As for Vertigo, he's just a pompus asshole with magic puke waves that are based off of his hearing aid somehow.
>>
>finally called green arrow
People get too fixated on the name. I was never fan or the hood or vigilante or arrow but it's not calling him the green arrow was gonna make the show any better.
>>
>promised a more light hearted tone
Who is the chucklefuck who thinks that Green Arrow is a light hearted superhero? Nigga is an urban hunter not your friendly neighborhood archer. The show was doing great when it was dark and gritty.
>>
>>80973574
Just throwing this out there but the emerald archer is leagues better than Green Arrow.
>>
File: 1455838704421.jpg (20 KB, 337x368) Image search: [Google]
1455838704421.jpg
20 KB, 337x368
>Dropped Arrow after S2 in preparation for Flash
>Dread the Arrow crossovers now
>Flash is still amazing
>>
>>80974102
Is it coming back tonight?
>>
>>80974102

>amazing

Whoa now, rein it in. It's "slightly better than below average." Flash has its own glaring problems, including the obligatory CW-tier constant secrets and lies even though it makes no sense for, say, Barry to be so tight-lipped about his secret identity with one person when he readily unmasks for literally anyone else.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.