[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so was looking at the lantern corps spectrum- and was trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: lantern-corps-970x545.jpg (230 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
lantern-corps-970x545.jpg
230 KB, 970x545
so was looking at the lantern corps spectrum- and was trying to pair up superheroes to the negative side and villains to the positive side.
e.g.
Red Lantern - Hulk harnesses rage
Yellow Lantern - Batman uses fear(?)

Can anybody fill in the gaps?
>>
>>81896941
The emotional spectrum is bullshit. All the emotions here are far too specific. They should be more broadly defined. Specifically these.

>Love
Almost always translates to romantic love, when there are actually many different kinds.

>Compassion
Should be Empathy. Compassion is only one expression of identifying with the emotions of others.

>Avarice
Should be Ambition, since wanting things is not necessarily good or bad. Wanting something is what drives living beings to do anything at all.

>Fear
The emotion of fear itself is one type of expression of a living creature's survival instinct. One is not necessarily scared when in danger, determinism can also come about.

There should also at some point be an entity or force that embodies apathy, since not giving a shit is the greatest danger to emotion based powers there can be.
>>
>>81897429
>The emotional spectrum is bullshit. All the emotions here are far too specific.

Not only that, but the biggest one, Willpower, ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING EMOTION.
>>
>>81897471
yeah, I always thought that myself - but hey, y'know... comics.
>>
>>81897471
Also, I don't see anything about Joy, Sadness, Pride, Revulsion, Boredom, Confusion, Surprise, or any of the myriad other emotions that exist.
>>
Honestly out of all crossover ideas, red lantern hulk is the one I want the most.

It has the potential to be an fantastic one shot.
>>
>>81896941
>implying any emotion is inherently positive or negative
Yet another reason the emotion spectrum is bullshit. The idea that there are "good" and "bad" emotions is utterly absurd.
>>
>>81897429
>>81897471
That's because its not actually an emotional spectrum. All of the different Corps are based off of what drive us in life

But hey, I guess the Drive Spectrum doesn't sound as good as Emotional Spectrum
>>
>>81897996
emotional troll.
I think any real human could identify a "good" emotion vs a "bad" one?
>>
>>81896941
>Hulk
>Red Lantern
Only when he was Worldbreaker. Today? Fuck no.
>>
>>81897996
>Yet another reason the emotion spectrum is bullshit. The idea that there are "good" and "bad" emotions is utterly absurd.
None of the corps are portrayed as inherently bad or good though

the Reds were founded based on totally justified anger, the Sinestro corps is "evil" because Sinestro is a dick

even the "good" Corps have some shady shit going on, like the Indigos and Sapphires both brainwash people and sometimes the Sapphires tend towards dangerous and obsessive
>>
>>81898094
Could have called it the motivational spectrum.

Not to mention Paul Ekman's work has already mapped out anger, fear, disgust, happiness, sadness, and surprise as the six universal emotions (with contempt possibly being the seventh)
>>
>>81898516
You can't possibly spin avarice good
>>
>>81898605
Ambition. Wanting something is why anyone does anything at all.
>>
>>81898605
Larfleez is the only one and he's just a dick regardless. That doesn't necessarily mean the orange latern corps are evil.
>>
>>81898706
Avarice and Ambition are not the same thing
>>
>>81898737
Yes they are. Avarice is merely an exaggerated form of Ambition.

>>81898711
Except that Ophidian(the orange entity) corrupts Agent Orange into a Gollum knockoff.
>>
>>81898605
well no not really but that's the only one

and Larfleeze doesn't act because he's evil, he literally just can't help but desiring EVERYTHING and people get hurt in the way
>>
Ok then let's reinvent the whole Lantern system to something better.
To make it easier I'd say we ignore everything else giong on in the dcverse for now
>>
>>81899221

there should be a lust lantern that goes around committing comic rapes
>>
>the Love entity is called "Predator"
Cynical much? Holy shit.

And yes, I know Predator was a preexisting thing that was retconned into the emotion spectrum. I don't care, because that's still kind of fucked up.
>>
>>81898217
Fear is literally the entire reason we ever survived as a species, or any animal really.
>>
>>81899221
>Indigo entity
I-Is that Starro?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.