[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's Why Zack Snyder Never Considered Grant Gustin's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 20
File: cisco gets a vibe.png (364 KB, 435x472) Image search: [Google]
cisco gets a vibe.png
364 KB, 435x472
http://comicbook.com/2016/03/21/heres-why-zack-snyder-never-considered-grant-gustins-the-flash-f/

>"I just don't think [Gustin] was a good fit," Snyder said. “I’m very strict with this universe and I just don’t see a version where...that (tone is) not our world.”

>There's one more intriguing reason Snyder gives for leaving Gustin out of the conversation: DC's multiverse.

>“Even if Grant Gustin is my favorite guy in the world and he’s very good, we made a commitment to the multiverse (idea), so it’s just not a thing that’s possible.”

>So, as Geoff Johns has hinted in the past, apparently all of these shows and movies do take place in the same multiverse...just not the same universe.

Hypercrisis thread
>>
So does this essentially confirm that the movies and TV shows are part of the same Multiverse?

Neato.
>>
File: 91881231992516.gif (613 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
91881231992516.gif
613 KB, 295x221
>DCEU is filmmaker driven
>as long as the filmmakers use the same tone
Snyder is a stupid.
>>
>hypocrisis
>>
>>80966820

That's been the case for a long time.
>>
File: crisis on infinite earths Flash.jpg (213 KB, 540x753) Image search: [Google]
crisis on infinite earths Flash.jpg
213 KB, 540x753
>>80966730
cool. so at least we can hope that Flash wont be cancelled for infringing on the Movie's turf. Hopefully we wont have the bat embargo bullshit The Batman and Justice League had to put up with
>>
>>80966730
>decides against playing to DC's strength by not making the movie-verse light-hearted and fun

Why Snyder hasn't been fired on the spot is beyond me
>>
>>80966730
Good. The tone between CW and the DCEU is off by miles. At MOST Erza should cameo via multiverse shenanigans on CW Flash, thats it. I wonder if DCEU will have a good Green Arrow?
>>
>>80966945
>Hopefully we wont have the bat embargo bullshit

But we do

CW still can't feature Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc

Hell, even Supergirl won't show Superman as a character. He's just a CGI blob that pops in (and doesn't even bother to say hello to people he knows like Jimmy and Kara) and saves the day before flying off, and if you're lucky you get to see his foot in the frame for a couple of seconds or something

Anyone who says the embargo is over is either a liar from WB, or some hopeful fan that is still in denial
>>
>>80966996
>All comic book movies have to be the same tone
Glad you're not a director
>>
>>80967082
I'm not against having "dark" movies, but making a film "dark" just for the sake of it is kind of stupid
>>
>No fun in the Snyder Cinematic Universe
>only suffering, 9/11 and neck-snapping
>>
>>80966945
So far S2 isnt as good as S1. And looking and the development of Arrow, I doubt Flash will get it any better.
So they better give us a solid 3rd season and cancel the show for good.

>>80966996
Its not about light-hearted and fun... the world the Felicityverse established just feels too "campy" and would clash with the tone of the movies.
Just look at the MCU movie, the movies got different tones but they all feel like they take place in the same coherent universe.
>>
>>80967080
Good. The CW can't fucking do Batman or any of the others. It will inevitably descend into Felicity-wanking.
>>
>>80967276

People who constantly whine about this character are even more annoying than she is
>>
>>80967165
No is saying DCEU Flash will be as depressing as Batman, but perhaps a bit less camp than CW Flash.
>>
>Confirmed
Earth-1 (Flash/Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow)
Earth-2 (Flash)
Earth-F (Flash 1990)
Earth-M (DC Films)
Earth-S (Supergirl)

>Unconfirmed
Earth-C (Constantine)
Earth-G (Gotham)
Earth-L (Lucifer)
Earth-Z (iZombie)

Anything else?
>>
>>80967276
>if there's even a one percent chance I can win Felicity's love, I have to consider it an absolute certainty!
>>
>>80967299
I'm not wrong. It'll still be a CW show. If it were on HBO or whatever then sure, that would be awesome.
>>
>>80967080
This
They killed off CW Deadshot because of the Shiticide Squad movie
>>
>>80967411
>Earth-C (Constantine)

Constantine is the same universe as Arrow actually
>>
>>80967425
>It'll still be a CW show.

So what? You act like that's a bad thing

Fuck off Zack Snyder
>>
>>80967424
>Felicity reveals she has a degree in engineering, she then builds and names the batmobile.
>singlehandedly beats Batman in a fistfight
>becomes Batwoman
>designs the computer program A.L.F.R.E.D to help her in her quest for justice.
>her incessant hysterics cause Joker to kill himself.
>truly she is the strongest among us.
>>
>>80967481
Speaking of Constantine is Justice League Dark still a thing or...? Because seeing more of the magic side of the DCEU would be neat
>>
>>80967481
I'm not sure if it has officially been confirmed that it exists alongside Earth-1. I know there's the crossover and maybe some other references to the character, but I don't think there's been anything concretely linking the "Constantine" TV series to the Earth-1 shows.

>>80967568
The plans were scuttled, unfortunately. I believe del Toro found himself involved in too many other projects.
>>
>>80967539
Either you're baiting or have low standards mate. Look the CW stuff is fun, but its so fucking goofy.
>>
>>80967469

Didn't they kill off all the characters related to Suicide Squad in the CWverse?
>>
>>80966730
Making Gustin the Flash opens up the possibility that Felicity exists in the DCEU.

Do you really want that, /co/?
>>
>>80967539
>I love shit TV where all the men act like autistic children protecting their super-duper secret from the one person who doesn't know their secret identity and the women act like hysterical bitches.
>I love shows that pander to tween girls with forced romance and shipping bait.
>I love shit production design and crap special effects.
>I love how Barry and Oliver are both terrible people but everyone acts like they're the nicest guys in the world.
>>
>>80967621
>is fun, but its so fucking goofy.

Do you even read comic books

Not every hero is supposed to be some edgy Frank Miller neck-snapper who hates his life
>>
>>80967568
>>80967597
The plans aren't scuttled. Scott Rudin is on board to produce and if he is there it's getting made. Probably have to wait awhile for any real announcements, however.
>>
>>80967675
Just like comic books then
>>
>>80967704
It isn't like those two are the only options.
>>
>>80967469
So? He fucking sucked.
>>
>>80967765
I wasn't a fan of CW deadshot either but i think it was a lame reason to kill him off.
>>
>>80967704
You know they can have a balance of serious and light hearted right? We dont know how DCEU Barry acts or what his solo will be like, calm your tits.
>>
File: Superman Maggin & Moore 005.jpg (638 KB, 1189x1297) Image search: [Google]
Superman Maggin & Moore 005.jpg
638 KB, 1189x1297
>>80966996
DC's strength hasn't been "lighthearted and fun" since the 60s. DC's strength is "Gods Among Us" when contrasted with the more down to earth Marvel characters. Which is why Snyder never misses the opportunity to drop the word "mythology," and why Alex Ross, whose DC art book is actually called "Mythology" is so heavily affiliated with the universe.
>>
>>80967825
>You know they can have a balance of serious and light hearted right?

That's what CW shows do.
>>
>>80967411

The upcoming "Powerless" show takes place in a full-fledged DC universe.
>>
>>80967921
I would argue the goofy outweighs the "serious" moments CW tries to convey.
>>
>>80968048

Well unless you can actually prove that you're just gonna have to get the fuck out of my face with that shit
>>
>>80968048
But they manage to deliver sometimes, Barry talking to Eobord on S2 was fucking great
>>
Short answer: Grant is too skinny. I want superheroes that are built like sherman tanks.
>>
>>80967921

Even the serious moments are iced so much with CW drama bullshit, that you cant take it serious.
>>
>>80967597

The concrete link is Constantine appearing on the show. What other proof do you need?
>>
>>80968124
Well Snyder's film is so serious that I can't take it serious
>>
>>80967411
>Earth-C (Constantine)
Retard
>>
>>80967704

And Barry Allen is less "fun" than everybody in the Justice League except Batman. The Flash is a great show but Grant isn't really Barry Allen
>>
>>80968080
Did I say they never were serious? No. As >>80968085 stated, Eobard had his fair share of moments. But also look at Cold/Heatwave, they ham it up big time. Which is fun, but again, goofy. Im not calling CW Flash bad its just not the kind of tone I personally would want in a big budget film
>>
>>80967082
But that's what Snyder said, you're just arguing about what tone that is!
>>
>>80968266
>Im not calling CW Flash bad its just not the kind of tone I personally would want in a big budget film

Sorry you feel that way, Snyder
>>
>>80968010
>The upcoming "Powerless" show takes place in a full-fledged DC universe.

That's a lie. You're gonna get Red Fox and Ultraa.
>>
>>80966820
It's irrelevant, but yes. It's all part of the Unified St Elsewhere Theory.

>>80966730
christ, he's really getting a milk round isn't he
>>
>>80968349

Tv shows should be using the Z listers. I'm surprised we even have a Flash show at all
>>
>>80968390
>It's irrelevant

Not if they do something with it in the future. All this shared universe/multiverse stuff is a double edged sword though. It sounds great in theory but it allows weak films like Thor to survive by piggybacking on others success
>>
>>80967411
I don't even consider Lucifer DCTV. Nothing comic book about it.
>>
>>80967597
Constantine was on arrow, ya donut
>>
Well he's not wrong
He's going for a darker edgier flash
whereas the tv show flash is more like spider-man than the actual barry allen.

Still an amazing show just not good enough to be in a blockbuster movie
>>
CW Flash has become a mess at this point, anyway. I'd rather have a clean slate, too.
>>
>>80967921
CW's attempts at seriousness are laughable.
>>
>>80968145
>>80968177
>>80968839
Look at it like this: Mark Hamill reprised his role from the 1990s "Flash" show in the 2015 "Flash" show. But given that both shows are part of the same multiverse (Earth-F and Earth-1, respectively), they are essentially two versions of the same person, in the same way that Grant Gustin portrays Barry Allen from Earth-1 and Earth-2.

So unless there is proof positive linking events in the "Constantine" TV show to any events in "Arrow", "The Flash", or "Legends of Tomorrow", it can reasonably be presumed that the "Constantine" series and the Constantine who appeared in "Arrow" are two versions of the same character.
>>
File: dude fuck u.jpg (108 KB, 618x416) Image search: [Google]
dude fuck u.jpg
108 KB, 618x416
>>80969093
So are Snyder's.
>>
>>80969108

So unless there is proof positive linking events in the "Constantine" TV show to any events in "Arrow", "The Flash", or "Legends of Tomorrow", it can reasonably be presumed that the "Constantine" series and the Constantine who appeared in "Arrow" are two versions of the same character.

Ah it's this autist again
>>
>>80969093
The eobord scenes are quite good at that though, so are some where Flash talks to his dad on prison
>>
>>80969108
>linking events in the "Constantine" TV show to any events in "Arrow"

Kind of hard to do that after the show got cancelled for being a subpar turd
>>
>>80968194
He's the best live action adaptation of Peter Parker.
>>
>>80969156
Yo.

>>80969286
It wouldn't be impossible to have a second crossover episode with Constantine and just have him talk about characters from the series. That's all you'd really need, save for the show producers coming out and outright stating that they're in the same universe.
>>
>>80967921
"balance"

Please, these shows waddle between one and the other so bad that the trainwreck is the only reason to watch them
>>
File: 1310272356228.jpg (17 KB, 365x385) Image search: [Google]
1310272356228.jpg
17 KB, 365x385
>>80969108
>>
>defending CW
The anti Snyder shills are at it again
>>
>>80966820
>So does this essentially confirm that the movies and TV shows are part of the same Multiverse?
Isn't having everything you've ever done have some alternate Earth in the multiverse the new hot thing? I know Marvel does it, but I didn't know if DC did the same thing because of only 52 Earths. Then again, I'm not an expert on the DC multiverse so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>80966730
OR
we just dont wanna pay him big screen Money
>>
So is Flash a cemeo in the movie?
>>
>>80969509
Look man, not everything has to be a Watchmen type of movie, there's has to be a place where fun and silliness can work.
>>
>>80969509
MoS fag
>>
>>80969475
She's drinking neon jizz, you know.

>>80969523
Marvel's multiverse is singular and infinite, with everything from the comics and the films/TV shows to a separate universe for every issues of "What If?". DC's multiverse is similarly infinite, but with much more organization. There are infinite possibilities, but DC's multiverse consists of 52 select Earths.
>>
>>80969809
I would drink her neon jizz.
>>
>>80967411
>Earth-100
The 100
Think About it
The MC is named Clark. Her race comes from the sky and absorbs sunlight. She's the Superman of Earth-100
>>
>>80969809
>There are infinite possibilities, but DC's multiverse consists of 52 select Earths.
Huh? How does that work?
>>
>>80969879
That's gay, unless it's futa, in which case I would rather watch her drink her own neon jizz because I'm a sick fuck like that.

>>80969936
It's organized. Pick your favorite 52 Earths from the Marvel Multiverse and say "They're all one multiverse".
>>
>>80969936
I had it explained to me that there are 52 stable universes. The rest exist, but they're in a constant state of instability. Or something.
>>
I'm still trying to figure out how Snyder even got the job...
>>
>>80970035
If we're talking futa, I'd rather get fucked from behind by her.
I also want her to cum inside
>>
>>80969293
He's way too selfless to be Peter. Peter is a but dickier.
>>
>>80969741
The CW is not a place where it works.
>>
>>80970216
But at least it try it best. That's more that it can be said about Snyderverse
>>
>>80969936
Honestly as far as multiverses go, a static number of realities is the only way I would want it.

When there's infinite universes with all possibilities out there, then who even gives a shit about anything. Everyone lives, everyone dies, everyone wins, everyone loses. Who cares about reality 1 of 100 centillion.
>>
>>80970248
Youre basing the Synderverse off MoS. One movie. Lets hold off on judgement till friday eh?
>>
>>80970216
Cold disagrees with you, so does half the flash episodes
>>
>>80970448
To me until Wednesday. But eh, yeah let's see
>>
File: Owlman_Co2E_004.png (150 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Owlman_Co2E_004.png
150 KB, 640x360
>>80970267
>It doesn't matter.
>>
>>80970248
Snyderverse isn't aiming to be campy and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's the only live-action capeshit right now that ISN'T light-hearted.
>>
>>80970525
>>80970525
It doesn't.

Owlman was right all along.

Batman cucked himself.
>>
>>80970470
I like Snart, but Im hoping for a better Captain Cold sometime in the DCEU either in the flash solo or perhaps SS2
>>
>>80967545
Please no
>>
>>80966945

this poster is beautiful, i want a poster
>>
>>80970570
Synder aims to not be campy but he just ends up making it unintentionally campy
>>
>>80970570
The real universe has both serious and lighthearted shit in it. Why would any fictional universe necessarily be any different?
>>
>>80970570
But that's bad. In a universe where's the time-travel, multiverse, clowns, etc, a little light-hearted is expected. I am not talking about MCU levels of quip (whatever that is) but I little joke here and there, not everything has to be serious and "Ugh what can I do?"
>>
So we're not getting a fun blue beetle and booster hold movie are we?
>>
>>80966730
Flash of Two Worlds adaptation fucking WHEN?!?
>>
>>80969108
>autism in action
>>
>>80966820
>not know all of imagination AND creation is sharing the same multiverse
DC, Marvel and even real life are just 3 insignificant parts in the infinately expanding multiverse.

That means RIGHT NOW, there is a world made entirely of Grant Morrison.

Protip:He is coming for us all
>>
>>80970570
>WOW Clark Kent has a strong grip
>better not pick a fight with him lololololol

It's campier than Arrow, Agents of SHIELD, the Cap movies, Daredevil and Iron Man 1
>>
>>80970647
I dont know, batman seems to be having fun branding people. But seriously though, Alfred definitely will have funny banter
>>
Literally stating all DCU movies should be grim dark edge shit.
>>
>/co/ actually thinks the "It's all part of the same Multiverse" excuse is anything but a way to disown the TV shows without incurring nerd rage.

Toms. C'mon.
>>
>>80970576

What's the difference?

Are you all the other alternatives? Aren't you a consequence of your actions?

How could the fact that there are other possible outcomes, and that's just common sense, be any different from the fact that someone, somewhere, is taking that alternative path?

It might be truth that it doesn't matter, but being the only person that commits a blunder doesn't made such situation any more special.

Life lacks meaning by its very nature of having infinite outcomes, with no result being inherently better than the last.
>>
>>80970124
probably
>YOU CAN'T USE CAVILL UNLESS I DIRECT IT! THAT'S MY NECK SNAPPER AND NOBODY IS GOING TO FUCK HIS STORY UP!
>>
>people seriously think actors like Grant and Amell are on the same tier as film actors
All you fags care about is "muh continuity" and cross brand promotion as opposed to actual quality
>>
>>80970570
>MMMMMMM
>>
>>80970726
>Alfred definitely will have funny banter

And that's good, I expect that. I am not saying that everything has to be a comedy , I am just saying that Snyder or whoever the director is of the next movies are need to find that balance between seriousness and silliness. Where I don't need to kill myself just for watching a JLI movie or a Shazam movie, because it was all grim
>>
>>80970794

Ezra Miller will never be able to fill Gustin's shoes

I promise you, his movie will flop harder than a flaccid penis
>>
>>80970794
This. Part of the problem is that Amell and Gustin are the only live action interpretations people are familiar with. You like them? Fine. Nothing wrong with that. But dont act like theyre the definitive actors/best we can get. Theyre CW actors for god sake.
>>
File: jl.jpg (94 KB, 800x527) Image search: [Google]
jl.jpg
94 KB, 800x527
>>80966945
I love this image, I just wish there were more added to it.
>>
>>80970794
Amell maybe not, but Gustin is on the same level as Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa. They're not particularly good actors, and get by mostly on charisma.
>>
>>80970858
>Gustin's shoes
The shoes of a tap dancing tv actor whos version of the character is hyper incompetent, needs constant emotional support of one of his dads telling him to git gud>>80970858
and you only like because thats the only live action version your familiar with aside from maaay JWS.

Your as bad as Ledger/Reevefags, theres no such thing as an objectively perfect version of a characyer.
>>
>>80970632
>>80970647
>>80970692
There's a difference between having lighthearted moments and being campy. Even Saving Private Ryan had jokes.

Snyder erse is overall serious but not 100% so. When the entire rest of the genre is borderline comedy, that's a nice break.
>>
>>80971045
But like you said, not EVERYTHING has to be serious. I expect the movies that has to be serious be serious and the ones that need to be ligh-hearted be that way.
>>
>>80970570
The Fox universe isn't light hearted.
>>
>>80969509
I like how you can't accuse them of being Marvel shills so instead they're anti-snyder shills. Anything to avoid admitting maybe they just have opinions different from yours.
>>
>>80971119
This is literally a case of "not muh" the post
>>
>>80970576
Owlman was wrong all along because he tried to commit to a binary choice.
>>
>>80971030
>theres no such thing as an objectively perfect version of a characyer.

Doesn't matter. There is no way you can top Grant Gustin; his electrifying performance as Barry Allen has brought The Flash to CW's #1 show. There is no denying that the man is goddamn awesome.

I can not possibly imagine a film version that would be more entertaining to watch, especially with the actor they have cast. Ezra Miller's movie is going to flop at the box office
>>
>>80971119
And not everything is serious, even within the Snyderverse.
>>
>>80967630

They only really had Waller, Katana, and Deadshot.

Waller died because they needed to do Argus stuff but her actress was in real things that are not capeshit so they killed her off in the present day with the intent to still use her in flashbacks when needed.

Deadshot had an alleged death but he did get to appear in the E2 Flash episodes at least.

Katana's actress said they weren't allowed to bring her back and was pretty bummed about it but that seemed to change as they did manage to squeeze a scene in early in the season.

And Harley never got approved for her full cameo because she's an A-List Batman character and Gotham was in pre-production at the time.
>>
>>80971030
Holy shit how retarded are you? The guy wasn't saying that Gustin can never be topped. He was saying Gustin will not be outdone BY EZRA MILLER
>>
>>80971255
Examples?
>>
>>80971235
What? No!. I am just using what you said as an example, if everything is grim is gets boring, if everything is comedy it gets boring. There's has to be a little mix here and there

>>80971255
From what I've seen there's a few jokes here and there in BVS which is good, but I'll have to wait until Wednesday to have a full view
>>
>>80971245
Ok why dont you take the Grant cock out of your mouth, admit hes more Peter Parker than Barry, and at least give Erza a shot before shitting on him and actually give a fair opinion. Because you sound like "Grant is the only guy capable of playing Barry! Put him in everything!".
>>
>>80971346
>give Erza a shot before shitting on him

No. I don't have to. Fuck that guy
>>
Ezra Miller's claim to fame is being a gigantic genderqueer fairy fuccboi

I'm just positively thrilled to watch hyperspeed gay sex.
>>
>>80969108

Wendy Mericle outright said that Constantine is the same universe as Flash/Arrow/Legends during the crossover promotion stuff.
>>
>>80966730
>I’m very strict with this universe and I just don’t see a version where...that (tone is) not our world.
>every movie will be as monotone as Man of Steel
Fuck.
>>
>>80971346

>Implying Barry Allen has a personality
>Implying most Barry Allen material isn't just Wally with Barry's name attached
>>
>>80971513
I think Snyder needs a hug or something

I just don't understand what he is so angry about.
>>
File: 1311526857370.jpg (419 KB, 759x759) Image search: [Google]
1311526857370.jpg
419 KB, 759x759
>calling the TV show shit
my fucking sides
>>
File: miller.jpg (52 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
miller.jpg
52 KB, 320x240
Fine I'm really hyped for The Furasshu
>>
>>80969809

Not anymore it's not.

As of Multiversity (and Convergence, but we can safely ignore it because it was shit and only sets up what Multiversity had explained already) the DCU is actually infinite again, by way of having an infinite number of Multiverses.
>>
>>80971513
Frankly I'm okay with him admitting it so I know ahead of time and don't get my hopes up.
The only DCEU movie I care at all about at this point is Aquaman and even then that's just because I love ocean horror.
>>
>>80971653
He's an objectivist. He will keep believing he is perfect no matter what you do.
>>
I just want Ezra to appear in the show.
>>
>>80970267
I have to wonder how infinite realities deludes the impact of stories yet knowing that there will always be stories about Superman and friends doesn't.
>>
>>80971955

So does the crew of the show. And Ezra. And Grant. So I think it has a pretty strong chance of happening at some point.
>>
>>80972116
PROTIP: There isn't.
>>
File: 1458174654316.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1458174654316.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>80972116
>So I think it has a pretty strong chance of happening at some point.

Why? Just because they want it?

I'm sure Grant wanted to be in Justice League. Doesn't mean there's a pretty strong chance of it happening. In fact there's actually no chance of it happening.
>>
Snyderverse a shit.

As shitty as Arrow is, Flash is pretty damn good in terms of tone.
>>
>>80972180

That's pretty different from a 45 minute crossover with C-List actor Ezra Miller.
>>
>>80967469
CW Suicide Squad was fucking garbage.
>>
>>80971723
What happened to Pandora?
>>
>>80969921
DUDE LESBIANS LMAO
>>
I think that you guys are overreacting a little. The real reason why Snyder don't want to use the CW casting in the movie verse is because they are terrible.

The show is fun, but in no circunstance would justify a 200 million dollar budget as the movie will have.
>>
>>80973077
you are implying a 200 million dollar budget is ever justified.
it isn't
>>
File: 1421265257388.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1421265257388.png
12 KB, 560x407
>>80973077
>in no circunstance would justify a 200 million dollar budget as the movie will have.

Nothing Snyder shits out justifies his budget, yet here we are
>>
>>80973106
>>80973131
As shitty as it may be, it still will make it's money back and a lot more. You guys are focusing too much in Grant, but forgeting about the supporting cast; Can you imagine how good the other actors will be?
>>
>>80967921
The films are HIGH ART!

The shows are childish scribbles on a page!
>>
>>80966730
>we made a commitment to the multiverse (idea)
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>80966730
>Movies will never interact with shows
>Studio people mention it's okay guys, it's all a multiverse even if they never ever touch
>nerds jizz their pants
>>
>>80966854
He never said the solo film wouldn't have a different tone
Just that GustinFlash would never fit into a JL type tone
>>
Snyder is a fucking joke though and it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that The Flash is far better than BvS will be. It's the best thing DC has done with their live action stuff so far and Grant is a fantastic Barry. DC should not be letting Snyder make these decisions for them.
>>
>>80971288
All of Lex's scenes and most of SS.
>>
>>80971801
>He's an objectivist.
Where'd you get that from?
>>
>>80975307
That kind of mentality is why Marvel's movies are in the shitter. Let the director direct, don't force decisions on them.
>>
>>80975255

Hahaha, so true.
>>
>>80975426
I'd rather have WB play it safe instead of inevitably failing at something (critics/audience/box office).
>>
>>80968642
>Nothing comic book about it.

Neither is iZombie, yet people love it.
>>
>>80966730
>I don't think Gustin is a good fit
>Casts Miller
wew
>>
>>80966945
>a movie with Adam West Batman, Michael Keaton Batman, Baleman, and Batfleck all teaming up
A man can dream.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1455127039162.jpg (25 KB, 472x411) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1455127039162.jpg
25 KB, 472x411
CW Flash is likely to be better anyway
>>
>>80979867
Lol why is my name there
>>
>>80967220
>No Felicity
It's already so much better it's not even funny.
>>
>>80968097
Ezra is pretty skinny too and he's the DCU Flash dumbfuck.
>>
File: 1454522488347.jpg (65 KB, 608x623) Image search: [Google]
1454522488347.jpg
65 KB, 608x623
>>80966730
>>80966730
Is Cisco actor fit? I want to see him shirtless.
>>
>>80979960
Seems about average to maybe a lil chubby.
>>
File: ezra.jpg (35 KB, 334x405) Image search: [Google]
ezra.jpg
35 KB, 334x405
>>80968097
Pretty sure he's buffer than Ezra but definitely less jewish
>>
>>80980003
How did you even got this? I found nothing on google.

Google better not be cucking me on this.
>>
>>80966945
Haha please. Flash will be cancelled shortly before the Flash movie come out.

I actually remember Arrow's producer hinting that they can't use Deathstroke any more because he will be used in DC films. Not to mention Deadshot and the other SS members.

So really, the whole Multiverse theory that they are trying to sell to us isn't true.
>>
File: flash-social_70.jpg (216 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
flash-social_70.jpg
216 KB, 900x470
>>80966730
Guess they really are gonna have a race.

https://youtu.be/o3JPcijaRFU
>>
>>80970858
You're stupid as fuck. I'm screenshooting this then showing everyone how wrong you are in 2018 when it comes out
>>
>>80979614
>title is just BATMEN
>>
>>80966730
We should do to Snyder the same thing Marvel fans did to wheadon

Before its too late
>>
>>80980360
What, make him and DC a ton of money?

Alright, I guess.
>>
>>80967411
>Earth-S
>Not the Shazam! show.
>>
>>80969108
>So unless there is proof positive linking events in the "Constantine" TV show to any events in "Arrow", "The Flash", or "Legends of Tomorrow", it can reasonably be presumed that the "Constantine" series and the Constantine who appeared in "Arrow" are two versions of the same character.
I guess when you're raising the question we can't really know for sure if Arrow and Flash is in the same universe.
We only have some crossovers to go on just like with Arrow and Constantine.
Earth-Anal(Arrow) could just have a very similar flash like character, while Earth-Fucktard(Flash) has a very similar arrow like character.
>>
>>80980519
No, kick him before it's too late.
>>
>>80967082
As long as they're not tone-deaf like most of Snyder's movies, whatever you wanna do is fine in my book.
>>
>there are people ITT who want Felicity to ruin the DCEU as well
Kek, CWfags can fuck off
>>
>>80969523
>>80969809
>>80969936
It's like this
Each universe is a stable tone but there are many semitones in-between that are can be represented as infinite universes
That's basically done so that for usual discussion there are 52 known concrete universes but if writers need to they can introduce new shit

There is also another thing that DC is an omniverse, there are multiple Multiverses, Gentry and Empty Hand have destroyed a Multiverse before and Grant Morrison is making Multiveristy Too which is about a whole different Multiverse with it's own 52 earthes
>>
>>80967675
Barry ain't that bad though
>>
>>80969741
>Look man, not everything has to be a Watchmen type of movie
Yeah, some movies are actually good. Go figure.
>>
>>80969809
I wonder what the glass smells like, just for laughs haha
>>
>>80970570
>Snyderverse isn't aiming to be campy
No, that just happens by accident.
>It's the only live-action capeshit right now that ISN'T light-hearted.
Marvel's Netflix shows would beg to differ.
>>
>>80980121
god damn he's annoying
>>
>>80980978
>There is also another thing that DC is an omniverse, there are multiple Multiverses, Gentry and Empty Hand have destroyed a Multiverse before and Grant Morrison is making Multiveristy Too which is about a whole different Multiverse with it's own 52 earthes
Is morrison hitting the needle again? That sounds unreadable.
>>
>>80981233
It's not as complicated as it sounds
There is Overmind/Monitor Mind which is infinite
There are many bubbles of imperfections in that which are Multiverses
Multiverse is like a rainbow of colors, and each color in that rainbow is a single universe

Semi-Tones of colors are temporary mini verses
>>
>yfw Grant appears on the flash movie
>yfw Ezra cameos on the tv show

Literally all I want
>>
File: 1.gif (2 MB, 540x311) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
2 MB, 540x311
>>80970858
HAHAHAHAHA

>Glee actor
>Campy shit CW show
>worse actor than Ezra
>shit costume

Holy shit. Let the TV and film universe be separate you fags.

>Nigger Iris instead of a hot white redhead
>Superfriends all chilling in CC Jitters cafe
>Fucked up mouth actress playing Hawkgirl
>Felicity drama
>Cisco giving nicknames to all the villains and hero
>>
>>80980965
I know right. Shit get that CW shit out of DCEU.
>>
>>80966730
>Snyder: "I’m very strict with this universe"

So where did all that liberty WB/DC gave to creators go?

kek

>>80975283

He explicitly says the reason he doesn't see TV Flash wouldn't work is tone. Tone.

Not the huge backstory needed, lack of star power, schedules, no. Tone

The problem in Snyder's head is motherfucking tone.
>>
>>80981612
>Taking every word to word seriously about things they can never talk honestly about

kek
>>
>>80981566
>1.gif
HE'S EVOLVING
>>
>>80981612
No thats the problem he tells press so that he doesnt say the CW shows are shit and that the actors arent good enough.
Its the best way to offend no one and not shit on.the shows.

Do people not know how business works?
>>
File: egghead.jpg (25 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
egghead.jpg
25 KB, 350x263
>>80970267
>>80972072
You're falling for a very common misunderstanding of infinity.

Infinite Earths does not mean that all conceivable sequences of events occur. Infinity, as strange as it might seem, can be bounded. There are an infinite amount of numbers between 1 and 2, but none of those numbers is 3. Infinite complexity can be bound by simple rules.

It is entirely possible for there to be an infinite number of universes but only one with human life, for example. Or infinite universes but every one of them is simply one of a limited number of possibilities and there are infinite identical copies of that limited set of universes.
>>
>>80966730
Here's the real news article instead of a clickbait site

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/snyder-considered-grant-gustin-flash-article-1.2572225
>>
File: bill nye consider.jpg (54 KB, 640x482) Image search: [Google]
bill nye consider.jpg
54 KB, 640x482
>people think Snyder is a good director

Seriously, all he does is make everything 75% speed to make his films longer and somehow "critically acclaimed." Snyder is as much of a hack as Alex Hirsch.
>>
>>80981612
But Suicide Squad looks pretty fun unlike Man of Steel.

Seems Ayer got the mix of serious and fun down without being self-aware or self-deprecatory or whatever people bash the MCU for.
>>
>>80981734
Not a single Synder directed film is critically acclaimed dumb ass.

He's a decent visual director and that's about it.
>>
>>80981734
Everyone with half a brain made peace with his limitations with Watchmen. And he's not critically acclaimed. At. All.
>>
>>80981788
mmhmm. My only complaint about the movie is Harley and Captain Boomarangs aparrent lack of boomarangs. Everything else looks great
>>
>>80966730
and his twink fuccboi was a better fit? What is this guy smoking
>>
>>80967670
Yes. When the filmmakers want to kill someone off of some degree of significance, she will be on that list, and her being killed with a blockbuster budget is something I'd love to see.
>>
>>80981830
He has at least one. What if that's his only boomerang in the whole film and he comically tries to retrieve it whenever it doesn't fly back?.
>>
>>80980716
I see what you're doing here, and I appreciate that.
It doesn't work as well, though, when you consider that there are multi-part plots across both shows, as in "Part One" airing on Arrow and "Part Two" airing on The Flash.
>>
>>80981830
>>80981919
Um, he has an entire jacket full of them. Didnt you see the set pic?
>>
>>80981852
Both of them are as twinky as it gets.

Maybe he wanted someone who looks younger/more vulnerable? Grant is a tall guy, Ezra is a manlet.
>>
>>80982025
All I really can ask for in a Flash actor is for them to be fit, not buff. You know, like a track runner
>>
>>80967675

Are you describing Arrow and Flash or Daredevil S2?
>>
File: smacks lips.jpg (427 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
smacks lips.jpg
427 KB, 1800x1200
>>80981982
>I had the picture saved
Nevermind I'm retarded. Think we'll get variety boomarangs?
>>
>>80982076
I heard reports of a remote controlled one but all Im really expecting is sharp ones and ones that detonate. What Im really hoping to see is "that scene" where Boomerang shines, demonstrating his skill. So in short trick shots, smugness, and proving to the team that his weapon of choice is actually deadly.........only to be later one up-ed by Deadshot.
>>
>>80981612
That's literally the proper reason. Gustin would look so out of place among the likes of Cavill and Affleck it'd be hilarious.
>>
>>80981612
WB gave liberty to Snyder to be a dictator.
>>
>>80982642
>He's ok, nothing special Better than Joss or JJ
>But he's not at awful as autists claim to be
>>
>>80981965
>when you consider that there are multi-part plots across both shows
Yeah they're really similar universes.
It can reasonably be presumed that the "Flash" series and the Flash related events that occured on "Arrow" are two versions of the same events.
>>
>>80966945
Mirror master already forbidden I think
>>
>>80986783
Wait really? He would have made a great season arc villain. But oh well, hes certainly a good choice for the solo movie too
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.