[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Midnighter any good? From what I understand he is gay Punisher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 222
File: midnighter.jpg (140 KB, 700x1076) Image search: [Google]
midnighter.jpg
140 KB, 700x1076
Is Midnighter any good? From what I understand he is gay Punisher except even more psychotic. Is he likeable?
>>
His New 52 run is enjoyable
>>
>more psychotic

I-i'm scared.
>>
>>80966573
Yeah, he's pretty great.

Read his current run by Steve Orlando, first 9 issues of his 2006 solo and The Authority by Ellis.
>>
>>80966573
More like Gay Batman.

He's really likable. He enjoys what he does and he's usually pitted against whoever deserves it.
>>
>>80966573
>From what I understand he is gay Punisher except even more psychotic
Then you don't understand at all.
>>
>>80966573
>Is he likeable?
He's lovable
>>
he's a qt
>>
>>80966573
The most likeable.
>>
>>80966648
This guy knows what he's talking about.

He was from the Wildstorm universe before DC decided to amalgamate their universes all into one.
>>
He's a smug shitlord but the stories are interesting and his back-and-forth with Dick makes me smile.
>>
File: midnighter is darkwing duck.jpg (155 KB, 774x777) Image search: [Google]
midnighter is darkwing duck.jpg
155 KB, 774x777
midnighter had the coolest name, costume, and catchphrase/catchparagraph

real shame that him and apollo are shameless rip offs of the worlds finest duo
>>
I wouldn't say Psychotic.he's... passionate about his job.
>>
File: midnighter gets bitchslapped.jpg (81 KB, 488x750) Image search: [Google]
midnighter gets bitchslapped.jpg
81 KB, 488x750
hes a pansy bitch
>>
>>80966991
I liked the chinspike ;_;
>>
>>80966991
Everyone is when going up against Grifter
>>
File: Chinstabbing.jpg (196 KB, 1124x403) Image search: [Google]
Chinstabbing.jpg
196 KB, 1124x403
>>80967026
it was practical and stupid
>>
it was really weird how wildstorm was a rancid pile of dogshit that started off as an image comics rip off company, and it only improved greatly when it started to rip off mainly DC and some of marvel
>>
>>80966791
>gay character
>back and forth with Dick

hmm
>>
File: dumb_gay_batman.jpg (47 KB, 300x420) Image search: [Google]
dumb_gay_batman.jpg
47 KB, 300x420
>>80966650
>More like Gay Batman.

Do they go overboard with his gayness to the point where they have to mention it every panel? Or do they do they do the opposite and only have token gay moments to remind you about his sexuality?
>>
>>80970432
He fucks a new guy almost every issue. It's funny, though.
>>
>>80966573
It's really good
>>80966712
Changing his hair does bother me though, I guess it's not a big deal. But it bother me.
>>
>>80966657
do you mean actually lovable or 4chan "Kills indiscriminately and is an asshole to everyone he meets (they still love him because he's indispensable) therefore meets my beta revenge fantasies" lovable?

because everything I've seen seems more the second one
>>
>>80970432
They could spare me the sight of him fucking kissing other guys and his haircut is pretty faggy but other than that no he is just a regular badass.
>>
>>80970646
no he's actually lovable

he's a family man who loves his job
>>
>>80970646
he put a girl in jail for the crime she comitted but at the same time said she did the right thing the wrong way he isn't Punisher who goes full rip and tear mode constantly he only wrecks people who really are asking for it
>>
I really liked Midnighter in The Authority. But MAN did DC nerf the fuck out of him.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80971585
thanks
>>
>>
>>
>>80972254
You welcome anon.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80970780
It's a Mohawk.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80970780
homophobe
>>
>>
>>80972400
how could that fire if time is frozen?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80970780

>reads a gay comic
>doesn't want to see guy on guy action

It's almost like you're a moron.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80966573

Yeah but him being gay makes him have this sensitive side too that really balances him out. Like he's fucking great with kids and they love him.

I'm just going throw it out there. Since comics and their derivatives are so infested with SJWs and people who claim to care so much about gay people why can't we use Midnighter way more? Instead of making other established characters gay, just use Apollo and Midnighter if you want a gay character so much.

Midnighter especially just kind of fits in anywhere.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80970432

Well at least in The Authority him and Apollo were a couple so they'd have cute couple moments in between being bad-ass. It was fun. I'm straight as fuck too.

This is why I root for them so much. It's like the best example of a fictional gay character that's just... gay. They aren't really a soapbox, they aren't oversexualized or weird about it.
>>
>>
>>
>>80973112
Absolutely.
fucks.
given.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
isn't he raised by space owls in the DCU?
>>
>>
>>
>>80971732
my fucking sides
>>
>>
>>80970627

Wildstorm Midnighter went through like seven different hairstyles/colors.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80973252

Oh god, this fucking issue...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
A lotta people seem to like the new Midnighter comic, but it really doesn't do anything one tenth as interesting as Ennis' run.
>>
>>
I will never not enjoy watching Midnight kick/punch people's heads off.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80973600

>They will never be canon again

brb, committing suicide
>>
>>
>>80973568
its a small step to adapt dc world
>>
File: Lascars.gif (2 MB, 350x312) Image search: [Google]
Lascars.gif
2 MB, 350x312
>>80973568
Could it possibly be because DC comics editorial and writing staff would prefer to portray the character as more reserved and in far less gratuitous situations? No. No that can't be it. DC lives on the edge and currently hosts all kinds of wonderful writing and artistic talent.
>>
>>
>>80973591
Aw shit, this one's my favorite of the old solo if not any middy solo
>>
>>
>>80966573
He looks ugly
>>
>>
>>80973568
I think Ennis had less creative restrictions. Constantine is in the same boat. They're kind of entertaining within their new limits.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80973697
"You've smoked your last pole"

Award winning dialog there.
>>
>>
>>80973568
I like the new solo's art a lot better than what Ennis had. The story itself is pretty paint by the numbers and is pushed to the side in favor of violence and smug one-liners but I think Orlando gets Midnighter better than Ennis (at least during the solo, I liked the Midnighter Ennis wrote in Kev better).
>>
>>80973744
>>
File: YEAAAAAH.jpg (48 KB, 441x194) Image search: [Google]
YEAAAAAH.jpg
48 KB, 441x194
>mfw I just remembered that I have all these issues physically

So long folks. No more waiting for story-time anon to upload each page. But Vishnu-bless him for his efforts and best wishes that he succeed in spreading awareness of goat-fucker Ennis' run.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80973614
The nuke explodes
>>80973744
planting the nuke

Goddamn I love reading reverse time-line issues in comics. I wish it was more prevalent
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80973991
oh man I just remembered reading this issue. Love this one.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80973749

I know taste in art is purely subjective, but Glenn Fabry's a tough as shit act to follow, man.

>>80973702

I'll say that the new Midnighter is more entertaining than Constantine: The Hellblazer is. The latter is definitely a step-up from the first New 52 solo they did, but it still feels a bit too safe for my tastes.

That's really what bugged me the most about, what was it, wave 2 or three of the New 52 rollouts: The fact that they really scaled back the Vertigo line. Like, even more than they already had.
>>
>>80973020
>just use Apollo and Midnighter if you want a gay character so much.

That would mean making Apollo an actual character and we can't have that, anon.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>80966648
DOn't forget issue 11 the samurai one.
>>
>>
>>80972564
notice how Midnighter kicked Hitler into the windshield? The passage of time is frozen, but space can still be manipulated
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 222

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.