[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How important is Spider-Man to Civil War?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
How important is Spider-Man to Civil War?
>>
Pretty important but his function could feasibly be replaced by another character I suppose.
>>
>>80964667
What the other guy said.
He was the person Marvel expected fans to self-insert as, I think. Anyone would do, he was just the most convenient everyman.
>>
now im pretty casual, still working on CW, but my understanding is that hes pretty important. his shift from one side of the conflict to the other could reflect the readers' feelings, right?
>>
>>80964667
He's a one of the main character of the storyline but honestly the core conflict can be done perfectly well without anyone who switches sides in the middle.
>>
Honestly not that important. You could cut out his part and not much would change
>>
He felt like he was SUPPOSED to be very important, what with him wanting to believe in the spirit and reasoning of the bill, but being very dependent on his secret identity being secret, but he never really felt all that important and was kind of just manipulated by either side.
>>
He's important for the storytelling of it. Doesn't inflict much difference in the battlefield tho. It's like he's Thor or some other powerhouse.
He's no gamechanger but he's very present in the plot and his decision on one side or the other matter to you if you're reading it, I think.
>>
>>80965121
>>80965147
Honestly, Spider-man's part was one of the problem's with Civil War. As far as I'm aware the initial concept was supposed to have fair points on either side but in the end Spider-man and the narrative end up choosing a side throwing a away possibly more compelling storyline.
>>
Not very important, overall.
>>
>>80964667
According to Mark Millar he's not that important, here's Millar talking about Spider-Man and his unmasking moment.

>“People remember that because it was such a good stunt. It’s a seven-issue series, which is 150 pages or something, and Spider-Man appears it it for three pages, one of which is a splash. It was such a tiny part of it. To be honest, it was just a way of boosting up our sales. We were just sitting there thinking, what can we do with Spider-Man for three pages? And that worked.”
>>
>>80966156
MARK MILLAR FLICKS GOATS
>>
>>80964667
Not as big as Hulk. With no Planet Hulk, how the hell is this going to go down?
>>
>>80964667

I feel it was integral as a narrative, as in, he is the person you see who thinks and looks at both sides and follows not the law says is right and not what others say is right, but follows what IS meant to be right.

The struggle of the choices and decisions he makes are a parallel to how the reader should be feeling and was a gateway for the reader to insert themselves into the narrative becoming much more involved with the story.

You could've had just Team Ironman Vs Team Cap go at it for days and it would've been enjoyable but I think that like at least three quarters of the readers wouldn't have been involved in the story as much if it wasn't for Spidey.
>>
>>80966827
Self-inserting is gay as hell mah nigga.
>>
>>80966878
You're just mad you can't do it without portals.
>>
He doesn't really change anything in it directly, so not very.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.