[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone on /co/ love EEnE, but everyone outside of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: eene.png (15 KB, 215x235) Image search: [Google]
eene.png
15 KB, 215x235
Why does everyone on /co/ love EEnE, but everyone outside of it find it to be meh at best?
>>
I'll never for the life of me understand it's popularity.
>>
>>80964606
>>80964643
Lol nice shit taste faggot
>>
>>80964688
OP here.

I'm not that retard that hates it. I love EEnE, but everyone I know IRL hates it.
>>
>>80964606
I don't quite get it's praise either. The characters were assholes to each other fucking constantly and they all kept trying to shit on each other for no reason. I liked Rolf though.
>>
>>80964606
Reddit loves it.
>>
File: are you serious?.png (314 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
are you serious?.png
314 KB, 500x500
>>80964728
>The characters were assholes to each other fucking constantly and they all kept trying to shit on each other for no reason.

So it's an accurate portrayal of children?
>>
>>80964728
Maybe it's just more appealing to antisocial types who can better relate to its "Hell is other people" attitude.
>>
>>80964606
Because Nickelodeon cartoons were always more popular, mainstream and more exported than Cartoon Network cartoons.
>>
who gives a fuck about the outside, they're a bunch of tasteless faggots.
>>
File: 1458532089990.gif (3 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458532089990.gif
3 MB, 500x375
Why couldn't they lift the coin?
>>
I've seen lots of normies on FB love it.

It's one of those shows people love but don't really talk about much in public it seems.
>>
>>80964606
Well, 2bh, I don't know one person of my generation that doesn't love it. It was a big deal when I was growing up.
>>
>>80965419

Because it's a cartoon and the episode is using whacky cartoon logic, like Looney Tunes did.
>>
>>80966219

This. People in their late teens or 20s seem to love EEnE. They were the target audience for when the show aired, after all.
>>
>>80966262
>late teens
Doubtful.

>20s
Yes, definitely
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2013-10-14-09h16m21s249.png (256 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2013-10-14-09h16m21s249.png
256 KB, 640x480
What did he curl?
>>
I liked it but not as much as the other Cartoon Cartoons.
>>
>>80966597
His toenail
>>
>>80964606
I know many people in real life and on tumblr who love it
>>
>>80965419
it was Johnny's Witchcraft, the same powers he uses to communicate with inanimate objects.
>>
As a kid, I liked it for its high energy plots and implausible situations. As an adult, I like it for the animation.
>>
>>80966090
>says the nigger with shit taste
>>
I've never met anyone who didn't like EEnE irl.
>>
I hated the main characters
asshole con man with a grating voice, a retard, and literally me
>>
File: Eddy drives the van.png (176 KB, 333x267) Image search: [Google]
Eddy drives the van.png
176 KB, 333x267
It was "cartoony" in a way that most cartoons of that time weren't. It was very reminiscent of golden age Looney Tunes/Tom and Jerry in a lot of ways, especially in regards to slapstick. It could be surprisingly witty at times too.

Personally, as a kid the whole endless summer feeling of the show (sans the school episodes) were really appealing, largely because new episodes would air during the school year. The more cartoony world also aided in the sense of escapism, and let them be really creative with gags and plots, which became increasingly more detached from the original concept of the show in seasons 3 and 4. Seriously, most plots in those seasons barely revolved around scams anymore, but it was for the better.

Speaking of which, the scams themselves were a great way to get plots and settings made. They really went nuts with some of those scam ideas.

Also, I feel like one of very few kids at the time that actually appreciated the animation and music. The animation is actually pretty fluid and consistent for an episodic televised show, and they composed new music for EVERY EPISODE to match what was happening on screen. In fact the entire production process was really admirable, it seems like the people working on the show truly and honestly cared about the quality of their product.

FULL SERIES PLUS MOVIE AND BUMP COLLECTION BLU RAY RELEASE FUCKING WHEN?
>>
>>80970761
>FULL SERIES PLUS MOVIE AND BUMP COLLECTION BLU RAY RELEASE FUCKING WHEN?
This.
>>
File: bestmatsu.png (43 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
bestmatsu.png
43 KB, 200x200
>>80970761
I love this post.
>>
>>80965419
Glue + Cartoon Magic = Weapon that could even give Galactus trouble
>>
>>80964606
I know a lot of people irl who love it, but usually those are people who also grew up with it
>>
>>80964728
The fact that almost every episode ended with the Eds getting fucked over for their scams/antics is what made it work. Would anyone honestly like Ed Edd n' Eddy as much as they did if the Eds got away with everything they did?
>>
>>80970761
I think you just perfectly explained to me why people like it, in a way that I also totally understand why i hate it.
also it was gross and disgusting. really reminded me of real life, but a part of real life that i mercifully was never exposed to. during the times my family was poor it was innercity poor or buttfuck-nowhere poor, never trashy culdesac poor. Well, only briiiefly, and that wasnt poverty but just sort of 'squatting on a cheap property until the values go up, in the meantime we live in fucking drugville because the bored teenagers have nothing to do' and that was for like 8 months in 11th grade. and holy shit those fucktards really were like edcetera characters, so yeah.
so i guess if you have nostalgia for that time in your life, and you like cartoony stuff, you'd love this show.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.