[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did comics become bastardized?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Absolute Shit.png (749 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Absolute Shit.png
749 KB, 800x450
When did comics become bastardized?
>>
>>80961814
since being nerd became popular
>>
>>80961814
Same time you stopped masturbating into your own mouth, OP.
>>
>>80961841

So 2009 2010, that seems about right.
>>
>>80961869
You tryin' say I got a big dick anon? You want me to cum in your mouth as well?
>>
>>80961814
In the 60s I think.
>>
Around 1939.
>>
>>80961814
>>
>>80961814
June 1938
>>
>>80961814
5th of March 1933
>>
File: anonmonks.jpg (212 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
anonmonks.jpg
212 KB, 736x736
Since the Middle-Ages. Fucking Europeans.
>>
>>80962050
The only right answer.
>>
>>80961814
>whining about a coming by Chris Hastings and Gurihiru
Will OP ever read comics?
>>
>>80962250
Of course they won't, since when does /co/ read comics?
>>
>>80961814

When the dads walked out and never came back
>>
>When did Marvel become bastardized?

FTFY. Also, the answer is post-Avengers. Fucking MCU.
>>
>>80961814
Around the time people had varying interests, likes, opinions, and ideals.
Oh wait they've always had that.
>>
>>80961913
That reminds me of that one time Seanbaby got hate mail from some guy who tried to threaten him by saying something like "I'm gonna strangle you with your own shlong" or something. His response: "Please don't tell me I have a giant penis. I can't handle that sort of insult."

God, I miss web 1.0
>>
>>80961814
Id probably say toward the end of the bronze age when the genre began to parody itself.
>>
>>80962807
Yeah, I miss when Seanbaby was funny too.
>>
I don't want to blame it all on 9/11 but, the first comics I read that I remember thinking "this is bullshit" were that J. Michael Straczinski tribute where Doctor Doom shed a tear for the victims, and the Dark Knight Strikes Back where the flying Batmobile destroys the Daily Planet building.

After that there was a lot of bullshit like Civil War and so on.

So yeah, 9/11 ruined comics.
>>
In all sincerity, comics were doomed the moment they became static. The famous characters became cash cows that only had so much room for character growth, unless the growth was stimulated again and again.
Miles Morales, for instance, was a chance to step forward. A new spiderman and a dead old one. But story itself doesn't really play out. Different dimensions offer new ways to start over, and we get some cool stuff like Spider Gwen, but that seems more like a sort of short-term gimmick or an inevitable fade into background Spidey. X-men is probably the worst because they should have new mutants be the story all the time instead of ChainsawHands Jim in the background for one panel to establish that we don't live in chronological stasis.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.