[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So wtf was happening here? Also where did all the youtube animators
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 28
So wtf was happening here? Also where did all the youtube animators migrate to after youtube screwed them?
>>
File: Recycle picture.jpg (84 KB, 596x366) Image search: [Google]
Recycle picture.jpg
84 KB, 596x366
>>80957712
Probably patreon.

It is literally the only place to get paid in a decent wage in animation on the internet.
>>
>>80957712
Some got patreons. Some stopped making animations for the internet to work on personal projects. Some stopped animating alltogether.
>>
>>80957712
There is no alternative for them to migrate to. They just do their best being poor.
>>
>>80957712
How did you tube animators get screwed?
>>
>Also where did all the youtube animators migrate to after youtube screwed them?

They either went on to work on shows or attempt to produce shows themselves with various amounts of success.

For the most part a lot of them are in a weird limbo where they claim to have "big things in the works" but we're still waiting on it.

Look at Sleepycabin a lot of those dudes have claimed for years at this point to be preparing to show off their own little projects and pretty much only Hellbenders has any proof that it even has a chance of existing.

The big thing is a lot of the early YouTube animators aren't kids anymore. They're all getting old as shit and you can't waste your summer making shit for Newgrounds/Youtube when you're poor as shit and there's not much new blood coming in since there are other alternatives.

The new frontier is Patreon since you're not really beholden to releasing a specific thing through funding.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 645x1260
>>80957801
YouTube made it so that you can only make a liveable wage by uploading non-stop

Since it takes so long just to make a decent one minute animation flash animators got skewed

So the animators either went to patreon or got a job in the animation industry

or make shitty let's plays
>>
>>80957899
About making a radio drama webcomic?
>>
Are any animators worth paying for? like zone? also why was this ZTV show made?
>>
>>80957801
Youtube changed up their payment algorithm to be based on "# of minutes watched" instead of "# of hits". Turns out the sweet spot for getting paid is having a video right at around 10 minutes long.

This is great for like, lets players and reviewers, but terrible for animation, since you can't at all expect animators to churn out 10 minute animations every week.

Apparently beforehand, if you made a 2 minute cartoon once a month that got a lot of hits, you could live VERY comfortably through youtube revenue. Now apparently a 2 minute cartoon basically gets you zilch.
>>
>>80957801
Instead of getting paid by views, they got paid by how many minutes people watched a video. They can work an entire month for something 3-4 minutes long, and they will only get paid for the minutes that were watched. While if you are say, a LPer - you can put hours of content in one video in a day.

It's crazy to me how inane youtube as gotten(and not just for animators) but a new platform hasn't reared its head. I can't wait for something better to come along. I already got two of my own videos taken down for a false copyright flag from music tracks I made myself and there was jack shit I could do about it except reupload it(which got taken down again, so i reuploaded it - again) because unless you're a huge name with a million plus subs - youtube just does not give a single shit about you. I was sweating bullets because I had 2 copyright strikes - three gets your account terminated(you can also get your account randomly terminated without strikes).
>>
>>80957987
>Are any animators worth paying for?

Not for me personally. I'm trying to discredit their hard work or passions but while I'm fine giving out like five bucks a month on Patreon for an artist I really like to churn out a bunch of shit a month I don't think there's an independent animator still around from my early Newgrounds days that I'd feel like supporting for half a year only to get a small animation that might not be great.

Which sucks I believe they have every right to support themselves by doing what they love but that's the free market baby.
>>
>>80958110
But we need to protect those corporations, after all they're people too :^)
>>
>>80958024
>>80958110
Not the anon who asked, but thanks for the explanation. I've heard people complaining about Youtube monetization changing, but I never heard details about what exactly happened.
>>
>>80958024
To be fair, the system was already fucked before when the only things that got views where parodies of things that were already popular. Online animation's been going downhill ever since Homestar went on hiatus.
>>
>>80957987
I just started donating to Aaron Long for his Sublo and Tangy Mustard shorts. I dont give to Patreons often thought.
>>
>>80957987
Why does ZONE still host on Hentaikey? Is he in a contract or something?
>>
>>80958685
How the fuck does Hentai key still stay in business? also who owns it anyway?
>>
>>80957712
Here are a bunch of really good faggots who made their gayboy club sleepycabin and migrated their profits to patreon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjBI3TPgFEQ

Their podcast is the best shit ever
>>
>>80958828
Marsquatch
>>
>>80958415
Piemation seems to be making a good ton from parodies of popular things

Especially those FNaF vids even though he stopped making them
>>
>>80957712
Which ZTV is that on?
>>
>>80957712

better question

Kylie flash when
>>
>>80960123
Didn't he already do a Kylie flash?
>>
File: cough up your dosh.png (300 KB, 254x388) Image search: [Google]
cough up your dosh.png
300 KB, 254x388
What is a good place for animators to head off to then now that YouTube's shit?
Newgrounds doesn't get so many views, but for things that arent crap parodies or leeching off something else's fame, you get more views relatively speaking.
>>
>>80957712
>Also where did all the youtube animators migrate to after youtube screwed them?

Nowhere. Newgrounds is desperately trying to establish itself again, but the process is either slow or none, as far as I can tell. There's a reason animations are made using a team of artists. It's not economical to make them on your own.
>>
>>80960378
There really isn't anywhere. You might be able to use Patreon, but that's not a sure thing.
>>
>>80960378
Internet animation is dead. Sorry.
>>
>>80959586
>>
>>80960166

he's doing a new one as some kind of anniversary thing

supposed to be HUGE
>>
>>80960166
Yes but the hes making a new one a long one
>>
File: 1453254898240.png (138 KB, 375x288) Image search: [Google]
1453254898240.png
138 KB, 375x288
>>80958110
>youtube just does not give a single shit about you.
I never would have expected them to in the first place. Their current model works best for them, and them alone. It screws everyone else and it promotes more let's plays and shitty of the moment recordings. Because those are cheap and efficient money only.

That's all they give two shits about, bottom dollar. As much as they fucking can as quickly as they fucking can. They are in no way interested in posting art, or something meaningful or even entertaining. They just want the max amount of viewership for the lowest amount of effort.
>>
>>80960123
Some pics are out. Looks promising.
>>
>>80960123
>>
>>80957899
>>80958024
>>80958110
That explains a lot of the shit i see on Youtube now, thanks. Not that I have the money or the know how...OR WILL (why I feel like such a failure all the time is starting to become clear to me) but I wonder how hard it would be to start up something that could feel that void and promote quality or more creative content?
>>
>>80960644

yeah I saw those. Got me hyped.

>>80960718

oh..
>>
>>80960983
Like a youtube meant only for productions and not home videos?
>>
>>80961134
he's jocking anon. Zone wants to publish it this year (since it's the anniversary year)
Plus he's working with the Labzero guys on Indivisible. Guy's probably busy.
>>
>>80958788
ask /pol/
>>
>>80960504

im certain that this situation with animation, rampant DMCA bots and their attempts to push literal shit as "premium content" on youtube red will mark the end of youtube. lots of people are just waiting for an alternative
>>
>>80961382
>end of youtube

I dont think thats possible anymore. Even if Youtube looked to be failing some company would buy it some company would save it.
>>
>>80958415
It's back now by the way
>>
>>80961429
i dont mean that will go broke or something

but that people who care to make quality content will go elsewhere and youtube will go back to being what it was at the very start of it: a place for shitty videos of people feeding their dogs and recording themselves cooking

the vast majority of new content right now is FAR far worse than it was years ago and its gonna keep doing down. people like pewdiepie are the "flagship" content creators, which should tell you something
>>
>>80961194
Like a youtube that was geared towards making content central. Not just rewarding minutes watched OR hits but rewatches from the same person and how many people thought it was worth sharing. I don't really know. But I'll sit through any video short enough or have shit on in a playlist while I'm doing something else, but rewatching seems like an indication of interest.
>>
>>80960604
>they are in no way interested in posting art, or something meaningful or even entertaining.

It's not like Youtube is any better than any other company but why is this suddenly an issue?

It's always just been a platform to post whatever shit you want. Youtube pays out to people who make them money and are in noway there to ensure your format of video posting gets you money.

The issues with their fucking horrible copyright system is bad for everyone but why cry about how their format for monetizing money is somehow malicious and greedy beyond the norm? It's not Youtube's job to ensure that quality content beats out shitty content or mass produced garbage it's the people who watch it in the first place and dictate what sells that are the "issue".

I get people want to make a living off videos and shit but Youtube is a platform to post shit not for every single person to rake in maximum profit off videos.

I mean sure Youtube pushes popular channels but the switch over to dollar per minute happened way after horrible mass produced ten to twenty minute videos became popular.
>>
>>80961863
>Youtube is a platform to post shit

the shift towards rewarding "quantity over quality" because people will watch ANYTHING has put further pressure to devalue anything that doesnt come in 15+ minute stretches and is churned out at least weekly

this has pretty severe implications going forward
>>
>>80961808
It probably wouldn't be too hard to MAKE but your competition would be GOOGLE. Which makes things tricky.
>>
maybe hand drawn animation just isn't valuable enough of a commodity to justify the consumption of human utility required to produce it

maybe nobody should really be hand-drawing sequential images as their career

same deal with comics
>>
>>80961863
>>80961863

It killed the entire web animation biz. That's all there is to say about it. The only way to make real money now is film your own face while being careful to avoid the word 'react'
>>
>>80962048

studios need OC to make their tentpole multibillion$$ franchises

graphic novels / comics and the various formats of animation are a goldmine in future adaptations
>>
>>80961937
Even when it was still per hit that still incentivized the mass production of low quality content that still racked up millions of views and constant uploads ensured much easier retention than a single high quality video once every few weeks or months.

Regardless of it being times watched or time itself watched the underlying appeal to throw out low effort videos has always been there. The lets plays of today already existed in the form of horrible fucking vloggers who were getting a hundred times the views of "quality" channels with effectively the exact same format and upload rate of today.
>>
Oldfag question
...what happened to newgrounds? Remember Brackenwood and Xombie?...where did all the animators on newgrounds run off to?
>>
>>80962081
>It killed the entire web animation biz.

Web animators were not making beaucoup bucks before this change.

There was never anything profitable about the format in any way at any point.
>>
they didn't go anywhere, they just made lets play channels
>>
>>80962120
yes but now the payoff of trying to do your own quality stuff has been gimped to the point most people who were really good at it moved on
>>
I don't know how YouTube monetizes anything anyway. Doesn't everybody have adblock these days? It takes literally seconds to install and improves your internet experience a hundred fold.

>>80962048
If we're talking about useless professions no-one deserves to make any money out of, advertising is the one to talk about.
>>
>>80962185
>Doesn't everybody have adblock these days?

There is something like a 25-30% of users with adblockers.

And since Google controls the browser tech that is most used in the various mobile and pc platforms, they are in a position to reduce those numbers in the future.
>>
>>80962185
>Doesn't everybody have adblock these days?

You have to take into account that out of like a million views a large enough portion don't. Especially with popular channels you have a large part of your audience comprised of literal children or older adults. AwesomeDisenyToys is a really fucking creepy guy who makes videos playing with Disney toys and has 1.5 million subs. His target audience is children under the age of ten and their parents. How many of them do you really think have adblock? Even within the biggest user range with adblock (20 somethings) only like 1/3 use adblock last I checked.

A lot of people don't have adblock installed on things like smartphones or tablets and these devices are also becoming more and more popular as a means to watch Youtube.

Also remember partnering with Youtube or a larger service like Machinima makes it much easier to split the difference in terms of money per view.
>>
I hate to say it but if you where ever intending to make money off of youtube to start with then you're a lazy worthless cunt who probably wasn't worth the upload.
>>
>>80962406
That's not fair to say. You can want to produce content for the sake of it AND want to actually be able to live off of what you do.

There's a difference between greed and wanting to have a career doing what you love.

I hate to break it to you but once you get out of high school and need money to live you sort of don't have time to make "epic videos" like the old Lemon Party stuff anymore unless you can get paid to do it.

Nobody is saying "it's not fair I don't make as much as Pewdiepie" they're saying "sucks that nobody makes animations for Youtube since you will literally become homeless should you dedicate time to this".

Wanting to be paid for your work is far from greed. If you're only doing it for profit then yeah but there are a lot easier things to be doing for money than animating for the internet.

What you're saying is basically the same exact attitude you see in literal every classified listing asking for pro bono work and claiming that asking to be paid for work is against the "soul of being an artist". You're delusional.
>>
>>80962535
*lemon demon

Oh boy not Lemon Party
>>
>>80962535
>What you're saying is basically the same exact attitude you see in literal every classified listing asking for pro bono work and claiming that asking to be paid for work is against the "soul of being an artist". You're delusional.
But you're getting EXPOSURE!
>>
>>80957712
Anyone can post the link to the actual video, please?
>>
>>80962535
>Wanting to be paid for your work is far from greed.

so get an industry job
>>
File: Dandy daze.png (236 KB, 656x368) Image search: [Google]
Dandy daze.png
236 KB, 656x368
>>80957712
Im guess this is what happened to CartoonBrew, Bravest warriors and what not.
>>
>>80962671
>Get an industry job
>Almost ever animate/conceptualize your own work
>Any pitch you make that becomes successful you'll no longer own.

Fuck off.
>>
File: zone to the bone.png (158 KB, 591x702) Image search: [Google]
zone to the bone.png
158 KB, 591x702
>>80962617
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VqHam7nOR0
>>
>>80962671
Exactly how many of those do you think there are?
>>
Just going to leave this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQITI1D75HA
>>
>>80962535
That makes sense now that somone summed it up.
>>
>>80962715
That's.. that's a video of 2013. Is this what we are talking about, there? OR is there a new drama connected to what that video is talking about?
>>
>>80962671
I've hearrd from people that did that.
If you have a passion for art, then you best steer clear of places like Disney and the like.
>>
>>80962671
Which many artists do after having a starting point in internet animation but that's not for everyone and at the same time what your suggesting is not as easy as you think.

Again nobody is crying that they aren't getting paid amazing cash for independent animation and I don't see artists demonizing the fact they aren't able to support themselves with internet animation just some level of disappointment at not being able to succeed.

You're comparing wanting to be an independent animator to just being an animator in general and it's not right to say that working as some minor cleanup artist is the same as being able to create what you want and share it with the world.

You're demonizing having goals and wanting to succeed with your passions with claiming that the only solution is to either find a somewhat comparable job within a field or just shut up about it.

>My dream has always been to open up my own small bakery and it sure sucks that I'm going to have to close since I can't make a living doing this
>Lmao kid just go work in a hostess factory same shit and you're doing what you love win win you idiot
>>
File: NSFLogo.png (24 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
NSFLogo.png
24 KB, 120x120
>>80962671
>strengthen the corporations and weaken individuals
Get out of here Denton.
>>
>>80962784
We arent talking about the video OP just asked what was happening in it. But we are discussing Youtube etc.
>>
>>80962747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0bGs-hhenI

this has been known for years.
>>
>>80962887
Oh, I thought there had been a recent interview by Zone with Harry Patridge that had steared some new shit.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the link.
>>
File: nice dick.png (449 KB, 1090x1280) Image search: [Google]
nice dick.png
449 KB, 1090x1280
>>80963024
no prob bob
>>
>>80962972
why the fuck this nigga films in front of a israel altar or something?
>>
>>80962972
I watched it, they're not about the same topic even though they both address youtube's problems
>>
>>80957712

Harry's still fighting the good fight

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/672173
>>
The reason these animators don't get paid is they haven't worked together. If they all go together and made ONE channel with CONSTANT content and ONE pateron, they'd make bookoo bucks.
>>
>>80963414
>an actual Harry Patridge cartoon
Nice..
>nice toys...
HOLLY SHIT! I remember those Ghost Busters toys. Those were great.

Hope Starbarians 3 come soon.
>>
>>80963515
Harry's the biggest Ghostbusters nerd to have ever walked the planet.
It's probably the only thing on Earth he actually likes more than animating.
>>
File: newgroundsisded.png (787 KB, 1875x323) Image search: [Google]
newgroundsisded.png
787 KB, 1875x323
>>80963414

Haven't been in newgrounds in a while and this is sad.
>>
>>80963414
kek
>consistently funny
>plays with expectations
>good animations
As far as animators go, Harry is a solid GOAT.
>>
>>80963459
i can picture this going south like the lord of the flies.
they totally should do it.
>>
>>80963824
If he somehow got picked up by Adult Swim or something for a series it would probably be my most looked forward to thing ever.
>>
>>80957761
If an artist or animator has 2,000 fans and they each give a dollar that artist makes 2,000 bucks a month on youtube you have to have like 3 million views to make like 300 bucks.
>>
>>80958685
Probably.

Lot's of content creators basically have teir channels held histage by Machinama's fuck you in the ass without lube contracts that last decades.
>>
I'll probably be ruined by some hack.
Either
>We split the money evenly
Hack puts out as little as required
>You get a percentage, depending on how much you worked
Hack puts out gallons of one joke animations.

And whatever happens, whoever is managing them will ruin them.

>>80964548
Aaaaand now that's all I can think about.
Thanks anon. If you need me, I'll be readying my noose, dreaming of The Harry Show
>>
>>80958024
>>80958314
Let's Player here.

This is pretty much it.

13 minutes is the max you can shit out and still keep a payroll going. This is assuming though you have at least 1000 if not more subs.

If you have any less than that it doesn't matter the length.

Also you have to shill A LOT.

Twitter, Facebook, Forums, the works.

The market is just oversaturated, that those of us who have 5+ years in Youtube history will always make more than someone new, coming into a market filled with tons of trash and an overabundance of competitors.

Also, due to the massive influx in internet culture in the recent years, a lot of animators and reviewers have had to tone down any adult language to appeal to a broader demographic, which fucking blows because self-censoring is bullshit.

And to be honest, it isn't fair to newcomers either. Unless you have a supply of neetbucks and dedicate hours upon hours you just won't get anywhere. I've been at this gig for over five years and I'm not even sure why I get as much money as I do from Youtubing. Hell LPing isn't even my day job since I work 14 hours a day as an architect, but it is what is. Welcome to the New-a World-a.
>>
File: sleepy.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
sleepy.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>80963459

I still think, with that model, that most cooperative efforts by digital animators would end with them doing the Sleepycabin thing and taking the easy route. That sort of cooperation requires strong leadership (hard to find from a group of independents online who are unused to working with a lot of others) and a pitch that everybody on staff can agree to work on that will also attract Patreon interest (which would probably be porn, furry porn, some goofy Catbug-tier stuff, or Bee and Puppycat 2.0).
>>
>>80958685
>>80958788
Personally I feel like monthly membership to porn sites is kind of old fashioned.

I'd rather purchase porn comics from the artist I like ibatead of joining a monthly paid porn club of multiple artists, 3/4 of which I don't care for.

If Zone wen't independant, think more people would be willing to pay for content just to support Zone, I don't want to support hentai key.
>>
>>80963459
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aTEbqBqP8Q
>>
>>80958828
Sleepy Cabin died when Stamper left and Corry takes up most of the running time of each episode.

In fact the Sleepy Cabin offices shut down because they dpent all their money on wawa instead of making more content.
>>
>>80964787

The sleepycabin crew have literally only made Podcasts under the Sleepycabin name, I love the podcasts but they're all breaking off and creating their own shift, some leaving the group, some moving away.

At this point Sleepycabin is just the name of the house they all live in.
>>
>>80964787
But they haven't done shit ever since they made sleepy cabin other than their podcast.
>>
>>80958110
>>80960604
Thats literally how orkut went downhill
>not giving a shit to users
>constantly changing layout for no reasons
>ads
>encouraging cancerous culture
Gj google.
>>
>>80964979
It's really the same story for almost everyone at this point.

Dropping quality so they can churn out more content as much as possible for the least amount of money they can get away with is the story of Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Nicktoons, nearly everyone now. None of them have a passing care about the quality of the work or what response they are generating as long as there is a response is good enough.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjwuoGPXWF0
>>
>>80965220
HYPE
>>
File: 1444692581575.jpg (35 KB, 639x481) Image search: [Google]
1444692581575.jpg
35 KB, 639x481
>>80965220
>There are people who breath the same air as you that are currently subscribed to ShitonaDick
>>
>>80958024
>>80958110
I have been curious for a while about what prompted the change. Was Google losing money on the high view/short length videos? Were ad buyers dissatisfied with what they were paying for and demanded a change?

I heard from somewhere that the reason was to kill off reply girl videos which, if that was the only reason, is such a colossally stupid reason to fuck up a major portion of the people who produce content for your platform that I have a hard time believing it's true.
>>
>>80964699
I've heard horror stories about people stuck in contracts with groups like Machinima and Maker and some of the stuff I've heard about sounds borderline illegal. Like this one: http://www.playsquare.co/blog/how-to-leaver-maker/

I'm not a corporate lawyer, but is it really allowed to make it that hard to leave a contract?
>>
>>80961808
Honestly, that sort of thing sounds like sponsorship more than anything else. Ads only care about being seen, but sponsors care about your audience listening and trusting what you have to say.
>>
>>80965220
THE KING HAS RETURNED

HARRY FUCKIN PARTRIDGE
>>
File: Cartoons.png (652 KB, 1370x1080) Image search: [Google]
Cartoons.png
652 KB, 1370x1080
>>80965929
That's right fampaitichi
>>
File: sad aku.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sad aku.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>mfw newgrounds is dead
>>
>>80965220
>shitonadick uncensored on YT
Bold move, Mr. Partridge
>>
>>80966189
its not dead yet its just on life support
>>
>>80961808
>>80961194
youtube has original series now
they're all dog shit because they don't give a shit, but they have them
>>
>>80958614
Man if I had a job I'd donate to him, he's such an underrated animator
>>
>>80964861
>spent all their money on Wawa

Like on gas, deli sandwiches and imitation slurpees?
>>
>>80966959
Excatly
>>
>>80963334
>why the fuck this nigga films in front of a israel altar or something?
cuz peace to the gods and the earths and the lil seeds my nigga, and 85% like you could never overstand my nigga.
>>
>>80958110
Why are people so willing to shill themselves to be successful, but not to create their own website to showcase their work? It is completely non-difficult, and you can hire it done. There are other video hosts than youtube for the backend. If you have a website with many views, you can get 100% of any ad revenue. It is just so much better than youtube, but no one does it. It's not magic. It's not even expensive. It's totally easy. Everyone should have a fucking website.
>>
>>80962302
If they push that too hard, some Chromium fork will start beating them for users. They gotta ride the edge.
>>
>>80962360
That means youtube and really lots of stuff isn't sustainable. As those tweens age and have kids, those kids will also use adblockers, as will the latest crop of tweens. And there will always be adblockers.
>>
>>80967910
A) Youtube itself does a big part of the shilling for you, with recommended videos and people just plain searching up stuff that interests them and then stumbling onto your videos, which with an audience of hundreds of millions happens fairly often.

B) Other hosts are not as reliable. Blip.tv died recently, and that was one of the big alternative hosts that a lot of people who preferred not using youtube used instead. Youtube, on the other hand, is too big to fail and won't die until the US itself collapses.
>>
>>80968210
Well, recommended videos are rigged to shill top earners, and video searches, including googlevideo, index other video content sites anyway, so that's not all that valuable. And anyway, they're not mutually exclusive. You can have a website with embedded videos from youtube or not-youtube, and still upload your shit to youtube with links to your website for full shillage. Either way, you win more with your own dedicated web presence.
>>
>>80965832
jeez maker sucks. psychicpebbles was talking shit about it on a recent stream (while jontron was there talking about how nice they were to him), Jessie Cox and the Game Grumps (including Arin and Ross's personal channels) left after both used to have a really healthy partnership
>>
>>80965220
>YOU'RE IN ONE
I'm giggling like a faggot
>>
File: a.gif (786 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
a.gif
786 KB, 480x270
>>80965220
Banner proposal
>>
>>80962671
>I'm homeless and poor
>Just get a job
>>
>>80968969
Now make it 300x100 and under 100KB.
>>
>>80962134
brackenwood guy grew up and has done various jobs like working for Riot of LoL fame and storyboarding for Bob's Burgers. He explains it in his website.
>>
>>80966959
And booze.

Sad Story, Stamper wanted to make a serious big boy professional studio to put a roof over the head of his young friends to work together to produce more content, but the kids just hung out instead of working and the podcast to priority over animating or drawing.

Zach managed to do the Jon Tron thing of partying with industry types and got a job for himself and his ball and chain around his ankle, Chiss.

Stamper got depressed and left and now Mick is the captain of a sunken ship.
>>
>>80961649
>the vast majority of new content right now is FAR far worse than it was years ago and its gonna keep doing down
>going down
Funny you should word it like that, because a lot of YouTube videos are pruned and taken down daily. Eventually, there will be little incentive to either upload new content OR watch old content (because it has been removed).
>>
>>80965589
Google is evil?
>>
>>80969394
Yes. They work for the RIAA. Don't trust them.
>>
>>80969363
My IRL friend's account was taken down (I was wonderng why he hasn't uploaded lately, turns out his account was pruned). All he did was upload skater vids. I think they were taken down due to the music. The music shit is retarded and no one can make good home videos anymore because nobody wants to hear people mumble but we do want to hear their crappy tunes.
>>
File: 3720.jpg (23 KB, 296x442) Image search: [Google]
3720.jpg
23 KB, 296x442
>>80962671
For the same reason you won't
>>
>>80969493
This is what happens when you allow fair use to get shit all over in the courts without writing letters to your state's senators.
>>
>>80969490
>1337_megahacker
kek
>>
>>80962134
Xombie became a comic book iirc.
>>
>>80957712
I can't believe how much I want to fuck Zone-tan.
>>
>>80971302
Is there anyone out there who doesn't want to fug qt Zone-tan?

I would fug Lemmy too
>>
>>80971375
I don't.

I want her to fug me.
>>
>>80971412
strap-on?
>>
>>80971375
I spent more than 5 hours to fuck her in that shitty fanmade flash almost impossible to beat game the nipples' weren't even colored properly.
>>
>>80971302
Believe it!
>>
>>80964627
You need around 1000 views to get even a buck off it.

And that's assuming some nutjob doesn't Content ID your work.
>>
>>80962148
According to the animators hurt by this, they actually could make a comfortable middle-class living off of it.
>>
>>80967910
well i'm a poorfag so I can't afford $20 to set up a website and another $20 to find a place to host it. So unless you know where I can set up one for free or pennies, it's useless.
>>
>>80973132
wordpress, geocities, any blog site. Google "free website" and get a list of thousands of options. How can you be this lazy and still make things? Jesus fucking Krishna.
>>
File: Animation Studio Wage-fixing.png (366 KB, 644x621) Image search: [Google]
Animation Studio Wage-fixing.png
366 KB, 644x621
>>80962671
>get an industry job
>>
>>80967910
>your own website
You want and need people to go to it. Places like youtube, facebook, instagram, etc(even DA) are places that people are already normally on and searching in. No how great you are at work, it's easy to forget an artist but being able to subscribe/watch and check you're watchlist on a website you're already going to spent hours on is easier. I'd love to know what artists have their own personal website that make enough ad revenue for more than just paying for the server.

Not everyone uses an RSS feeder to keep them updated either.
>>
>>80957899
in other words.

Lets plays became king money makers.

Sorry, POPULAR lets players became money makers
>>
>>80971375
I don't

She does not expand my dong and I don't remember she exists except when reminded
>>
Is there somewhere I can watch the short episodes from season 6, or should I just skip them?
>>
>>80973372
That's why everywhere else you host/post your stuff, you include links to your website and the good shit you don't post. Make your website the main source for your material, and make it show up in related searches. This is all really basic, obvious stuff. It baffles me why people talk about youtube like it's the only thing there is, instead of just a way to game search results.
>>
>>80973237
except those 'free' blogsites aren't accepted by most domains and even if they did, they won't allow ads.
>>
>>80973562
Most ISPs offer some modest free hosting and e-mail service to this day. A useful amount at that, using proper site construction.
>>
>>80957785
>absolutely quit doing something you love and are proficient in to never look back
I miss this feeling
>>
>>80963754
Man I feel bad for him.

I know a guy who met him and he's apparently really based.

Apparently he was gonna offer video streaming before YouTube, but YouTube came out first.
>>
>>80969359
I wonder if that would have been possible without an established source of income. By the way they make it sound, Chris was the only one capable of making many videos in "shorter" periods of time.

Also I wanted more Stamper stories.
>>
I just realized a bunch of animators are now doing LP's too. Now I know why.
>>
>>80973540
Higher turnover in statistics of content, metadata, and dynamics in HTML, or whatever, which Goggle eats up like heroin laced with cocaine, and auto bumps to the top slot...because people are stupid.
>>
File: 1458494290694.jpg (331 KB, 1470x1116) Image search: [Google]
1458494290694.jpg
331 KB, 1470x1116
>zone makes update videos
>these probably take a month of labor to produce
>contains no porn or even lewdness
>voiced by cancer: the actress
>>
>>80974004
Who streams on youtube? Even before Twitch, everyone still streamed else where. Everyone is always looking for a new, better, easier or 'relaxed' site for streaming.
>>
>>80974503
That's not what I mean by streaming.

I mean a site that collects videos to be played from the browser.
>>
BAL-TARD!
>>
>>80960718
I want to FUCK Zone-tan!
>>
>>80974399
You're missing a verb here. What are you even saying?
>>
>>80973434
I blame my little brother and his friends.
>>
How is the replacement rate for animations? Seems like there are fewer kids taking it up and many of those that do don't seem to care enough to make something that's stupid but at least original.
>>
>>80969359
The problem with them having their own studio is that animating shorts for youtube isn't profitable. Also the podcast makes nothing as well.

As far as the podcast continuing to be good they need to add a new cast member. The current ones are somewhat tired from being on every week.
>>
>>80963414
Gave me a sensible chuckle.
>>
>>80974432
What's wrong with the VA?
>>
>>80966189
It's doing better than ytmnd at the very least.
>>
>>80963824
>>80964548
He does some really solid work but I think the humour can fall flat sometimes. However if any internet animator deserves a show it's probably him.
>>
>>80976041
anon hasn't seen her tits
>>
>>80958828
Man sleepycabin is such a trainwreck. They've made some funny podcasts but most of them seemed to be pretty uncommitted to actual taking it somewhere and working together. How was this ever meant to work?
>>
File: 1455861040216.jpg (141 KB, 850x1025) Image search: [Google]
1455861040216.jpg
141 KB, 850x1025
I would marry Zone-tan
>>
>>80968969
Perfect
>>
File: Janitor approved.png (46 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
Janitor approved.png
46 KB, 557x605
>>80968969
Just right
>>
>>80963824
Harry's cartoons are funny as fuck. I can still go back and laugh at the stuff he did years ago, which can't be said for a lot of other big name Internet animators
>>
>>80967643
I gave them a 30 $ wawa card cause I work at one so it's funny to hear them talk about it . I am enabling them
>>
>>80964627
>>80972697
It's actually weirder and more convoluted than that

Plague of Gripes talked about it when he first picked up Patreon.

You get more money if you make constant content - people who make a video each day get more than someone who makes a video every two months, even if the views add up to be about the same.

That's why big name people make so much money. Lots of videos, lots of views
>>
>>80958110
>but a new platform hasn't reared its head. I can't wait for something better to come along
That is unlikely to happen any time soon

Youtube costs Google money, it doesn't make money. Even with the ad revenue.
>>
I keep forgetting Harry's dad was apart of XTC
>>
>>80957899
>>80958024
>>80958110

I feel like I completely missed the point where Youtube stopped being a place for amateurs and hobbyists to post shit they made in their spare time and started being seen as a legitimate way to make a living.
>>
>>80979336
It's still only doable by the few who are-
A- Able to dedicate a lot of time to make videos every few days.
B- Lucky enough to get a bunch of followers.
And C- Actually entertaining and charismatic, with access to decent editing.

Lots of people try to make money off of it thinking it's just one big ol' pussy to fuck, lots of people fail.
>>
>>80963754
>http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/672173
>You will never experience Pre-2010s Newgrounds again
>Getting hyped for Newgrounds Rumble
>Waiting for the new Awesome Compilation
>Watching all the shitty Madness inspired Flash animations
>waiting for your parents to leave to go in the Adult Section of the site
>>
>>80964861
>This anon lives in the Tri-State area of Wawa
My nigga
>>
>>80957899
Dumb feelshitter. Go do what your posted image depicts.
>>
>>80968969
Perfection
>>
File: zone sway.gif (546 KB, 300x600) Image search: [Google]
zone sway.gif
546 KB, 300x600
>>80976758
same
>>
>>80968969
Submit it!
>>
'internet animator' isn't the thing that young creatives aspire to be anymore. they either want to be let's players, reviewers, or indie game devs.
>>
>>80964762
Fuck off Woolie.
Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.