[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people complaining so much about the reboot when the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
Why are people complaining so much about the reboot when the original show was already ruined by the creators anyway?

Also, this special was god awful. Why was everyone acting like deranged 12 year olds? That was some Foster's Home horse crap right there.
>>
>>80957453
>Why are people complaining about being kicked in the balls?
>They were already knocked to the ground and kicked in the ribs.
>>
>>80957484
>Choosing to stay on the ground like an idiot instead of getting up and moving on with your life
>>
>Why do you care about something that I don't care about? I don't care so neither should you. You should manually turn off everything you care about as soon as mean old negative thoughts creep in ;( complaining is only things that nerds do, complaining never changed anything about anything (which is why I'm not complaining right now)

Anyway I'll agree that the movie was a massive disappointment, the show went to shit the moment it went digital, but the special was okay. Would have benefited from being and hour long and having an animation budget.
>>
>>80957453
>Why can't I stop sucking all these dicks? I already sucked so many dicks, but I just can't stop myself from sucking more dicks.
Thanks for sharing, OP.
>>
>>80957762

I love old PPG too, but when the show turned to crap I knew that there was no hope left. Exact same thing happened with Dexter too.

The thing that bothers me is that if the new staff at CN can't make a good reboot, what makes the delusional fans think the original creators can? We're stuck in a loop where any new PPG work will never please any fan.
>>
>>80957453
>this special was god awful
Fuck you, man. I loved it. Yeah, there was a meme joke, but don't act like the original show didn't have its cheesy moments. For fuck's sake, there were puns in practically every episode.
>>
>>80957933
That's not what most people posed about the reboot are asking for. Like Dexter after Ego Trip, I just want it to die already.
>>
>>80958269
The original did not have Mojo and the Professor act like hyperactive 12 year olds who spend their free time on Reddit.

>>80958296
It was already dead after Season 5. Fans just don't know how to ignore whatever junk comes afterward and move on.Craig pretty much did that seeing how he didn't bother coming to help with the reboot when he was asked.
>>
File: mqdefault (13).jpg (11 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault (13).jpg
11 KB, 320x180
>>80957453
That 10th anniversary episode sucked btw.
>>
>>80957453
Craig McCracken felt that people didn't like the PPG movie since it was so dark, so he decided to make the special super wacky.
>>
Seasons 1-4 : Gold
Movie: Gold
Seasons 5-6: Not that good
Special: Bad
Reboot: Bad

That's it.
>>
>>80957453
Apparently the special was meant to be an hour long, but it had to be 22 minutes. So a lot of it was actually sped up.
>>
>>80958452
>Fans just don't know how to ignore whatever junk comes afterward and move on
So if this becomes TTG levels of popular, god forbid, we're supposed to just lay back and ignore it. That'll be easy when the entire channel is flooded with it the way Johnny Test was

>Craig pretty much did that seeing how he didn't bother coming to help with the reboot when he was asked.
He couldn't come back at all because of his contract with Disney
>>
>>80958452
The whole special was faster paced than the original, dude. Craig had just finished working on Foster's, and he'd refined his style. I'd really like to see a new series like that.
>>
>>80958609
>So if this becomes TTG levels of popular, god forbid, we're supposed to just lay back and ignore it. That'll be easy when the entire channel is flooded with it the way Johnny Test was

It's not that hard to ignore if we all admit that the new PPG and TTG is obviously not made for our generation. But I forgot we're autistic, so my advice won't help in the end.

>He couldn't come back at all because of his contract with Disney

Even so, I still don't think he cares enough about PPG to check on the reboot if given the chance, because he knows the new CN is a huge mess right now and it wouldn't matter in the end.
>>
>>80958562
The movie is more like bronze, season 4 is silver, season 5 and 6 are zinc
>>
>>80957453
I actually kinda enjoyed the anniversary special. I mean it just felt like a regular episode of the ppg aside from the art style, only complaint i had was how bubbles had the ice breath instead of blossom.
>>
File: 1454877892209.jpg (271 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454877892209.jpg
271 KB, 557x605
>>80957453
The same people say the same shit every time a reboot is made. It does not matter what it is, what genre, format, nothing. They will always bitch and moan about ruining childhood, destroying some "legacy" or shitting all over past work.

My personal favorite are the 40 year olds who declare that they will not be watching any more of this kid's show designed for 8-12 year olds in some weird grandstanding gesture.As if they were ever considered a factor when making the show in the first place.
>>
>>80957453
The special was good to everyone that doesn't adjust their opinions to match the meme of the day.
>>
>>80957453
I was content to simply hope that the reboot would be good, but all the evidence I've seen up to this point has proven the opposite.

Remember, kids: pessimism makes you look cool, but optimism scientifically makes you happier.
>>
>>80957453
i've been saying this for a long time
but the new show is bad in a DIFFERENT way
>>
>>80959173

>It's not that hard to ignore if we all admit that the new PPG and TTG is obviously not made for our generation

Nigga, I like TTG and it helps that they don't air it a lot in my country like in the USA. I have a 6 years old younger brother and I kind of care for him to whatch good shows, that's why I introduced to him Ghibilly, Samurai Jack, Song of the Sea and many other movies/shows. Just because we are not the tarde tem audience, it doesn't mean that its automatically good if it is popular.

Also, as a profissional animatior, I'm half ashamed and half mad at how horrible and amateurish this reboot looks like. Where are the standards of the company?
>>
>>80962441

I understand what you mean, but i seriously feel like it's the nostalgia goggles influencing cartoon fans' judgement when it comes to TTG and this PPG reboot. If any other adult that isn't so passionate about 90s/2000s cartoons watched these reboots, they would like it fine. These aren't the worst shows when judging them on its own. The only big issue is that they're offensive to the 90s/2000s fans, but you know CN isn't going to give a crap about us older fans when they got real little kids and families to worry about.

Also, kids aren't stupid. If they find a show boring they won't watch it. The truth is childrens' tastes in cartoons change each generation. Middle aged people love 60s cartoons for being simple and fun, but absolutely hate 90s/2000s cartoons for being too violent and gross. Complaining about why today's cartoons suck makes us look like old hags blabbering about the good ol' days, but I guess that won't really matter since we're in a cartoon forum.

Still, I do think it's a great idea to introduce kids to older cartoons that hold up to this day. Thankfully we have things like Netflix to help with that.
>>
>>80957453
>Foster's Home horse crap right there.
>Foster's
>Bad
Hang yourself OP
>>
>>80963033

Foster's Home was great the first few seasons, but became an annoying Y7 version of South Park later on.
>>
>>80963033
Bruh I love McCracken and I'd morph into another Lauren Faust just for him but Fosters was fucking trash.
>>
>>80963379
kys fag. Fosters was good.
>>
>>80963010
You don't seem to understand that the PPG Reboot seriously IS that bad with or without comparing it to the original. Lazy animation, horrible character designs, bad line weight, bad voice acting, the list is endless.
>>
>>80959173
>obviously not made for our generation
Is this why people want to watch the world burn
>>
>>80963010
The animation is quite wonky and I absolutely hate that they're using Flash the way they are. Flash doesn't have to look bad when its used, but when it DOES look bad, ooooh boy does it look baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. This is part one why I dislike this new version, it just doesn't look as nice as what it could be. Maybe the animators just need time though to get in the groove for what this show needs.

The thing that truly irks me is them changing up the girls voice actors. Blossom and Buttercup have a bit of work to do, but they kiiind of-ish sounds like them. Bubbles isn't high pitched enough and sounds bleh to the original. But really, when you think about it, the only reason they changed voice actors wasn't cost or that the originals were being unreadable in any way or that the originals couldn't do these voices anymore, they weren't even contacted for the roles. It's to have new faces that they can put out there to help sell their merch. Having them in the forefront of it all helps them sell things to people. That's what ultimately bugs me about all of this. They got rid of the original voices because they wouldn't be able to sell merch as well as the new ones could.
>>
>>80963010
Shows can be bad for themselves nigga. Just because I can like 90's shows, it doesn't mean that I can't criticize a lot of shit shows at the time, even if they were popular. I for example, never liked DBZ even if on Brazil it is seem as one of the best written animes ever made by most people.

Ther are good shows being produced right now and bad shows too. Some of the good are popular among kids, while others aren't and the same goes to bad shows.

People just need to learn don't waste their time just complaining about things that they don't like, but trying to.pass any critic as nostalgia is unhelpful for the médium.
>>
File: 74501982765.png (273 KB, 481x369) Image search: [Google]
74501982765.png
273 KB, 481x369
>>80963479

We think it's bad because of those reasons, but literally no one else would care. Only people as autistic as us would notice these animation errors, and the character design issue is only a problem if you know how characters were like in the original PPG. Kids and adults who haven't watched the original PPG would not give a crap, only us.

Btw, the original PPG had a ton of animation errors too like in pic related, we were just too young to realize them. I'm surprised if there exists a show that doesn't have any animation errors.
>>
>>80957453
lol The creators' worst is better than the new team's best.
And that's why I can respect them. They made a personal to end the show at a point where they felt as though it ran it's course.

The special is how it is because it was supposedly written for 1 hour. But, during production, probably very late, they were informed that it had to be 30 minutes. So, the word is that they had compressed what they had into 30 minutes.

I also, aside from a few jokes, was not a big fan of it. But, the actual show, pretty tops.
>>
>>80963859
Are you talking about the PPG's eyes? I think that was intentional.
>>
>>80961003
Nuh uh.
>>
>>80963479
How can we redeem CN? We could of got shows from TMS (Titan, rights were however sold back to them however, now in a Doug like set up that CN owns Genndy's version but any future content and Dezaki's version is own by TMS), IG (I Heart Tuesdays, production was split between Long Live The Royals (US crew) and Giovanni's Island (Japanese crew), in short just go watch Giovanni's Island, you be glade you did) & 4C (ThunderCats 2011, the only show to ever see the light of day unedited) but instead get shit because CN was to cheap to use them.

How can we save CN to make them AniPages approved?
>>
File: TTG 2.0.png (266 KB, 464x384) Image search: [Google]
TTG 2.0.png
266 KB, 464x384
Reminder that this is a official thing from the twitter.
>>
File: 541514562.png (368 KB, 617x409) Image search: [Google]
541514562.png
368 KB, 617x409
>>80964043
Are you talking about Manboy's size? I think that was intentional.
>>
>>80964177
Yeah, it was just lazily made and terribly animated.
>>
>>80964177
???
>>
>>80964177
IT'S A PERSPECTIVE ERROR, I SWEAR!
>>
>>80964241
he's talking about the time when fans thought this was an animation error that was looked over, but didn't realize that the villain was actually supposed to be that small.
>>
>>80964233
When this was made with effort and has excellent animation.
http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Tiny-Toon-Adventures/Season-01-Episode-007-Journey-to-the-Center-of-Acme-Acres?id=26504
>>
>>80964043
>Fans are quick to defend this error >>80963859 but are quick to attack this non-error >>80964177
>>
>>80964344
Ah, I know that. His response just threw me off because I wasn't sure what point he was trying to make in regards to the PPG eyes
>>
>>80964436
I really think that was just Craig exaggerating a surprised expression in their eyes considering the shock/awkwardness of the scene. It might be an error but it fits the scene so it makes me think it's not

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>80964352
I don't know why you'd assume I like Tiny Tunes.
>>
>>80964177
>>80963859
You're not very bright are you?
>>
>>80964436
>>80963859
>>80964177
Are you legitimately retarded? How can that even possibly be an animation error?

Some story boarder thought dilated pupils didn't convey on the PPG's huge irises, so they added an inner layer of white to contrast it. It's playful, it's confusing, it's not remotely an error. Saying that's an error is like saying drawing the dots of surprise without any irises, pupils, pr whites is an error. You can disagree but you're wrong.
>>
>>80964344
It still has a horrible perspective tho, most people know that he is a dwarf.

The other characters are all over the place and the perspective error gets more evident if you see the character jumping right before this.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 400x225
>>80958452
Mojo and the Professor acted like hyperactive 12 years old because the network forced the special to be cut in half from its original hour length. Thus, all of the action and dialougue had to happen uncomprehendingly fast to fill in everything they wanted to do into a half hour.
>>
>>80958484
>>80965827
It really saddens me. At the time of the movie a lot of people weren't liking Craig's darker take on the series. And then on the 10th anniversary they cut the special time in half. Combine those two and I'm not surprised he was probably like: "Screw it, let's just make this the most crazy/loony thing we can. They want a 30 minute special, I'll GIVE them one."

And now I feel like the show is more or less dead to him b/c of those reasons, plus other reasons too.
>>
>>80957453
>Why are people complaining so much about the reboot when the original show was already ruined by the creators anyway?
It was ruined by Chris Savino, the same guy who helped reboot Dexter's Lab.
>>
>>80964436
>non-error
I need to cut together some screen caps, because I swear it's an error.
>>
File: sizes.png (2 MB, 851x1435) Image search: [Google]
sizes.png
2 MB, 851x1435
>>80964177
>>80964436
>>80966980
It just don't add up.
>>
>>80957453
>That was some Foster's Home horse crap right there.
You know Craig McCracken created PPG and Foster's, right?
>>
>>80965943
>his original idea
>taken in by a conglomerate
>surely has had to compromise ideas to fit with everyone elses

not too surprising for ocs to end up despising what they create
>>
>>80957484
hehehe
>>
>>80957453
>when the original show was already ruined by the creators anyway?

Craig had nothing to do with Seasons 5&6. They were under Chris Savino's control.

And the special Craig worked on was fine, apart from pacing, IMO.
>>
>>80957453

As someone who watched the box set Seasons 1-6 last month, that special was fucking horseshit. It was extremely hard to even sit through.

Seasons 1-3 were great, Season 4 was kinda shitty, Season 5 and 6 were even kinda shittier, but even the only episode that was actually worse than the special was the one where the Mayor puts a bunch of Chemical X on his head and becomes gigantic, and then throws a fit because Utonium won't fix his fucking toaster. YOU HEAR THAT, CHRIS RECCARDI? YOUR EPISODES ARE /SHIT/ AND YOU ARE A /SHIT WRITER/.
>>
>>80976035
>Season 4 was kinda shitty

As someone who also rewatched the show recently, I strongly disagree.
>>
>>80976391

Dude, the pacing of that season was way off. It went from tight, 15 minute episodes to trying to fluff out 30 minute episodes with 15-minute ideas. Flim Flam, All Chalked up, Him Diddle Riddle, Super Friends, Members Only, Nano of the North, Forced Kin, and Stray Bullet were all episodes that REALLY needed to get some of their fat cut. They drug their feet as the plot crawled forward to fill for time.

I will say Power-Noia and Get Back Jojo actually made better use of the longer, 30-minute format and were well-paced episodes but that's IT.
>>
>>80967345
Don't forget!
>>
>>80976635
>Implying Him Diddle Riddle wasn't anything but perfection
>>
>>80976635
The only episodes I'll agree could've been shorter are Super Friends, and Stray Bullet, since they don't really have much going for them. Everything else, I felt had perfectly fine pacing. Sorry.
>>
>>80961003
Everyone seems in a decent position on the Samurai Jack return, just a little nervous about what's coming from what I heard last.

You're only saying that because there's bound to be one person for each show so you can point out "SEE! THEY ARE ALL LIKE THIS!"
especially considering the TTG and PPG threads constantly hating
>>
>>80978182
it's literally just quick pasting
get over it
it sucks
boo hoo
>>
>>80964117

>That garbage linework and chicken scratching
>That lack of proper composition in several areas

I consider myself horrible as an artist but even I can do better than this
>>
>>80979026

>it's literally just quick pasting
>it sucks

Not him but I'm pretty sure everyone here knows, dude.
>>
File: 1441619481572.gif (92 KB, 450x521) Image search: [Google]
1441619481572.gif
92 KB, 450x521
>>80963379
>but Fosters was fucking trash

Keep telling yourself that.
>>
File: hold_up.png (529 KB, 658x960) Image search: [Google]
hold_up.png
529 KB, 658x960
>>80963379
>>
>>80961003
I never thought I'd see someone who argues that BatB was less well-received than The Batman or that The Next Mutation is regarded as the last quality TMNT incarnation.
>>
>>80966504
The same guy who did Eddie Puss and is doing The Loud House for Nickelodeon.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.