[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did we do something wrong? Right then, lets get back to it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: venture-bros-season-6-red-death.jpg (81 KB, 1202x675) Image search: [Google]
venture-bros-season-6-red-death.jpg
81 KB, 1202x675
Did we do something wrong?

Right then, lets get back to it
>Red Death, professional or sadistic?
>Hank and Dean, side characters in their own show or natural evolution of the series?
>Next season, Finally wrapping up for good or more speculative plot points?
>Chris Lambert, Lord of the Apes or Lord Raiden?
>>
Billy's mom, the real Blue Morpho?
>>
>>80955019
what? his mom? have I missed something? I think it was stated that she was triple threat?
Blue Morpho was Rusty's mom and Monarch's dad because he can change his sex
>if it had a vagina Dr.Venture wanted to bang it
>>
>>80955019
she does bone a guy who thinks babies are ocelots
>>
>>80955002
>Red Skull
Does Marvel know about this?
>>
File: week_8_1.jpg (247 KB, 728x1079) Image search: [Google]
week_8_1.jpg
247 KB, 728x1079
>>80955002
Thoughts on this week's shirt? I regret not buying the Blue Morpho shirt so I ordered this immediately.
>>
>>80955100
Was he just crazy or did a baby really get lycanthropism?
>>
>>80955208
Probably both
>>
>>80955208
I think he just really, really, really likes killing things
>>
>>80955273
Yeah but werewolves may exist. And a baby could get it. It's very Venture Bros like.
>>
>>80955092
>>80955208
>>80955254
That whole scene was a Dnd group of mine in a nutshell.
>>
Why did they air the last two episodes out of order?
>>
>>80955511
Except they aren't?
>>
>>80955511
They weren't technically out of order, but they did want to air them the other way around, except they were already far into preproduction and there was too much continuity to flip around. So they aired them as-is.
>>
I thought doc and chris wanted to move on from the Venture Bros so why are they creating even more plot points to resolve?
>>
>>80955002
>Hank and Dean, side characters in their own show or natural evolution of the series?
If you havent figured it out by now 'The Venture Bros." isnt Hank and Dean. The Venture Bros are Rusty and The Monarch.
>>
>>80955838
Because that sounds exactly like something they'd do.
>>
>>80955299
Doc became a werewolf type thing and killed the boys once, so they probably exist
>>
>>80955002

I can't help but feel disappointed about the last episode. It barely resolved anything, even though it felt like a season finale, which is especially frustrating because who knows when the next season will be?
>>
>>80955002
>Red Death is a psychopath who channels it onto professionalism so he can maintain a healthy civilian life
>Hank and Dean are part of an ensemble cast. it was more or less like this since day one just a bit more noticeable with the growing cast and branched stories.
>the highlander
>>
>>80955204
Shore Leave lookin fierce
>>
>>80955204
i would buy it if i could.
>>
Dean's big development this season seemed to be being the only person with common sense while everyone else ignored the obvious.

He came up with the decision to open a super-science division while Rusty was scratching his head.
He noticed the rats didn't like each other while Billy and Pete didn't.
He was the only one who was able to appreciate the Doom Factory film.
He understood that the actual "sacrilege" was the church being turned into a mall while Shoreleave was bitching about the club,
>>
>>80955924

Not complaining that they want to continue the show but it's been 10+ years already.

How many cartoon shows go on for that long without turning to shit?
>>
>>80955198
Have you even watched Venture bros?
>>
Anyone got the mega link?
>>
File: sfdsfddssfd.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
sfdsfddssfd.png
78 KB, 412x351
>tfw season actually really is over now
>>
>>80956135
Time isn't so much a factor as number of episodes. Due to the glacial pace of Venture Bros releases it isn't likely they've run out of ideas the same way a show that has to put up 26+ eps every year for 10 years would have.
>>
If BM is Rusty/Monarch's mom, who the fuck is the woman in the photo? And why would he try to kill his son?
>>
Man, right when they were getting in the groove after all that heavy exposition and set-up.
>>
>>80955002
He's both. He clearly literally enjoys inflicting pain, suffering, and death, but he keeps that shit firmly under control and only applies it under specific approved circumstances.
>>
>>80955002
>Implying they weren't always a red herring and the titular Venture Bros weren't Rusty and Jonas Jr.
>>
>>80955002
I just wanna know how Red Death managed to attract and marry such a hot piece of ass
>>
Action Man really fucked Rusty up. Do you guys think a young Action Man would put up a good fight against Brock?
>>
>>80955966
That it no way felt like a season finale. Nothing was resolved and very little was advanced. I thought it was a great stand alone episode though.
>>
>>80957438
Clancy Brown voices him.
>>
One thing I hated was how 90% of the times Brock fights, it cuts to a black screen. I know it's due to so few episodes, but it still makes me angry.
>>
>three years to see the plot points resolve
Who am I kidding? They're going to forget half of them and make new ones.
>>
>>80957783
Expect several episodes about the snipers.
>>
>>80956085
I hope next season gives us more Dean. Hank has sort of come into his own and now it's Dean's turn to get it. We've got glimpses of it this season, but I want to see him really succeed as the smart one. Or at least the one capable of avoiding catastrophically stupid decision.
>>
File: DracoMalfoy.gif (339 KB, 213x199) Image search: [Google]
DracoMalfoy.gif
339 KB, 213x199
>>80957530
>Clancy Brown
So that explains my boner
>>
>tfw every time Red Death talked I was either hearing Cortex or Uka Uka
>>
They either need to kill Hatred or make him a semi-competent villain again. He's more pathetic than S1 21 at this point.
>>
File: 1383924467507.jpg (39 KB, 750x562) Image search: [Google]
1383924467507.jpg
39 KB, 750x562
>>80956225
See you in three years
>>
Last week's episode felt a lot more season finale-y.
>>
So is the finale next week or the week after?
>>
>>80958056
Hammer and Publick felt the same way
>>
>>80958056
The creators admitted that. They wanted last week's episode to be the finale, but continuity wouldn't work and they were already in preproduction.
>>
File: 1416551597665.jpg (34 KB, 414x513) Image search: [Google]
1416551597665.jpg
34 KB, 414x513
>>80958079
Anon... I don't know how to tell you this
But it's over
>>
File: 1422206368155.png (5 KB, 266x195) Image search: [Google]
1422206368155.png
5 KB, 266x195
>>80957979
But I want more episodes now!
>>
>>80958116
What, already? So there's going to be an hour long special in a year then nothing for 4 years after that.
>>
Why is Vatred just a punching bag now?
>>
Overall one of the best seasons in term of humour and development, especially in comparison to the shit-show that was season 5. Still I felt like it was just half a season.
>>
So what's the main cause of Venture Bros. being produced so slowly anyway?
>>
>>80958258
It's still hand drawn overseas. I've heard this season in particular had some development problems, but I couldn't tell you what specifically.
>>
>>80958258
I've heard it speculated that adult swim are super greedy and penny pinchy, and don't allow the guys to really flesh out long seasons like they used to.
>>
>>80958111
where did they say this? I'm curious
>>
>>80958247
Considering even short shows tend to run at least 12 episodes, and those are almost all an hour long, yeah, 8 episodes is really short.
>>
>>80958371
they've said in commentaries and panels that doing 13 episodes per season was killing them and they actually had to ask for a break during season 4 to recollect themselves, and then season 5 forward they wanted to do something more manageable so they didn't go crazy.
>>
>>80958475
http://screencrush.com/venture-bros-season-6-finale-special-7/
>In the meantime, the duo acknowledges that Sunday’s penultimate “A Party for Tarzan” will prove the more climactic of Season 6's last two episodes, to the point they’d even attempted to reverse the order, but couldn’t adjust for continuity.
>>
>>80958258

Budget issues and working with essentially a bare bones production staff is what it really boils down to.

Frankly I prefer the slower pace considering the alternative to a would be a show with Seth "30 second fart jokes are comedy gold" McFarland levels of production speed and proportionate level of show quality
>>
File: mmmm.png (455 KB, 868x626) Image search: [Google]
mmmm.png
455 KB, 868x626
can we just all collectively agree he's great?
>>
>>80958666
He's what we all should strive to be
>>
>>80958666
Women want him and men want to be him
>>
>>80958507
They should switch to comics and do a yearly animated special.
>>
>>80958736
NO

I LIKE MY CARTOON :(

The Monarch isn't The Monarch without the funny voice :(
>>
>>80958666
How old is he?
>>
>>80958666
satan confirms best dad/villian
>>
>>80958760
>he can't read in their voice
>>
>>80956085
>implying that's not just residual nanobots fortifying his intellect and moral compass
>>
What the fuck happened with Molotov and the O.S.I.?
>>
>>80958837
She works undercover, testing OSI weaknesses.
>>
>>80958785
I think they said 80.
>>
I really liked this episode alot, Red Death is pretty GOAT tier. I'm sad the ride is over for now though. Guess we'll gonna have to wait to see Rusty blow his fortune in the next special/true season finale in a year or two...
>>
That was such a shit episode to end on, it does not feel like a season finale in any way.
>>
>>80958666
>i have two personalities
>nicest guy you'll ever meet
>and
>twisted fucking psychopath
>>
>>80958901
lel
>>
>>80958874

It makes more sense when you realize that last week's episode was originally planned to be the last one of the season, but the two got shuffled around because of some behind the scenes clusterfuckery or something.
>>
>>80958666
I love when he's advising the Monarch about his past hatred of someone and his advice is to kill the fucker and lets him get to it.I expected some shitty overcoming hate moral you usually see but he aced it and showed he understands how this shit works.
>>
>>80958901
But in like a good way!
>>
>>80958258
rick and morty happened
>>
>>80958967
He said he never told anyone he did that. I presume guild regulations prevent you from killing your arching target. So how does he sate his bloodlust? Killing the help? OSI were surprised he attacked them with live rounds, so even they expected him to show up and only half-fight like most other villains.

If he only arches once a year and kills a ton of people each time, one would think the guild would do something about that.
>>
>>80958947
They wrote four episodes.

Then the network told them they can only make two.

So they chose the two they like, and made the first one more "season finale-y" but they couldn't reverse the order because they had too much continuity stuff to jiggle around.

The episodes didn't get shuffled, they simply weren't planned as season finales.
>>
>>80958666
Whoever he arched was probably a wreck who had nightmares every night in the end.
>>
File: jackdoc.jpg (194 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
jackdoc.jpg
194 KB, 594x396
Jesus it's hard t believe the season is over already.

I know Doc is busy painting and rock and rolling with his band to get cracking on more eps and a shorter time between seasons but what is Jackson doing in between that time?

OK ive been thinking about this. Whose scripts do you like better Jackson or Docs?

To me Jackson seems to be more into Venture Lore while Doc seems to be interested in moving the story forward. Both have differences in the way they tell jokes. Doc gets a lot of gags from nostalgia while Jackson gets his gags from the characterization of the cast.

What say you /co/?
>>
>>80957929
I like his bro moment with Brock. I'd like to see him utilized more that way, with his knowledge of the guild and villainy.
>>
>>80959097
I saw that we cancel this show and give CN more money for another Regular Show Movie and Teen Titans Go!
>>
>>80958258
My guess, since this show relies on DVD sales, the big gaps are for DVD sales...

Maybe if they switched from Adult Swim to Hulu or Netflix or something they'd get a larger team and a more speedy schedule.
>>
Rewatching the show I finally realized that Rusty and the boy's bedrooms are next to each other and they share a bathroom.

Season 6 really made me come to like the show more.
>>
>realizing Brock was probably no match for Red Death in his prime
>>
>mfw Doc Hammer is 49
>>
>>80959034
I think they didn't think it was all that bad. He only arches once a year and I'm sure the body count is roughly equal to other villains annual count.
>>
>>80958666
When he's in villain mode, is he naked under the cape, or is just a power suit of some sort that looks like muscle? It seemed like it a few joints and the shade of his face when he wasn't angry wasn't the same red as his body.
>>
>>80959082
Anon, theyre all dead.
>>
>>80959223

Seems like the armor of Dracula, the one from the Francis flick.
>>
8 episodes....this is some bullshit
when is the next season going to start?
>>
>>80957438
He's rich.

And she's probably a person that enjoys being controlled and protected and is a masochist.
>>
>>80959402
3 years, give or take
>>
>>80959223
I like to think it was regular armor and not powered only for 2 reasons though.

1 - He doesn't show any super strength wearing it
2 - I just want to think he's too badass for power armor.
>>
>>80959433
>7 seasons over 16 years
fucking hell
>>
>>80957929
Give him time, man. It's fairly realistic he hasn't bounced back yet. Think about his progress in the three years or whatever timeframe since he was introduced.
-Went from divorced antagonist with lingering supersoldier serum side-effects of pedophilia to reformed protagonist
-Found new purpose while attempting to reconcile his lingering urges with a shitty "drug" or whatever the OSI gave him, while still pining for Princess Tiny Feet
-Finally reunited with PT, only to officially split with her after seeing her being gang-banged by leather daddies
(Keep in mind this whole time he is actually attempting to do good and get his shit together, only to be shit on by Doc)
-Finally gets a drug that gets rid of his pedophiliac urges, but gives him giant tits
-BUT finally becomes "family" with team Venture
-Finds a friend in 21, kinda, only to feel betrayed
-Gets fucked by the Monarch burning the Venture compound to the ground, which he gets blamed for
-Loses his job to someone younger, more fit, and more confident than him

But the the Venture pack loves him. Rusty gave him a security job and Hank and Dean both obviously think a lot of him. He got his shit kicked in because he is out of shape. I guarantee this is the rock bottom he needs to really get his shit together. I could see him literally dying for the Ventures, but I don't think they'd kill him off unceremoniously.
>>
Why have we not talked about based Snoopy yet? I motherfucking love that dude.
>>
>>80959034
Sounds like he didn't have primary arching rights to Dr. Cadmius. That's why he could never take credit for it or let anyone else know about it.

Red Death is a legend. They state that. As a legend, he's probably given more leeway than other villains in the guild, particularly since he only arches once a year.
>>
>>80959133
Why I agree, fellow anonymous forum poster. Let's all participate in market research surveys and express our strong desire for more merchandisable shows.
>>
>>80958812
It doesn't matter what you can imagine. The best thing about venture bros is that it's what no other animated show on tv right now is. It's the full package. Great Art, Great Writing, Great Characters...it's everything a great cartoon should be. Most CN shows these days skimp on something and just use overly simplified art, flash motion art, or stick figures with tiny smiley faces to let you know how cute they are wink. bleh. I like Venture as the full realization of an idea. Without that I'm out. I didn't read the Avatar comics, and I probably won't read the Korra comics. It's not as good as the show. That's my bottom line.
>>
>>80955204
I did the exact same thing
>>
>>80959034
OSI were surprised he used live rounds because it was just bait for the Blue Morpho and he was in on it. That's why he and Brock were talking afterward and were like "should we do this over?" I think he was just excited, plus I'm sure he was well aware of Brock's ability and was just having a bit of fun.
>>
>>80959530
>But the the Venture pack loves him. Rusty gave him a security job and Hank and Dean both obviously think a lot of him.

This makes no sense. Hank tells us that Sgt Hatred molested him and his brother when he kidnapped them in a prior event. While Hank states that Dean was knocked out from drugs the entire time, he (Hank) still remembers it. It was just one more reason why Hank hated Hatred when he became the family bodyguard.
>>
>>80955002
Doc and Monarch are the real Venture Bros. Hank and Dean really are side characters.
>>
>>80959813
I dunno man. It's Venture Bros. There's a lot of weird shit that goes on. Hank specifically tells Hatred last season "You're family, Uncle Vatred". I also don't think Hammer and Publick expected to move him to the forefront when they wrote that part about "bad touching". The boys also work hard to help him get past his urges, and they do help.
>>
I need screencaps. Screencaps of Red Death.
>>
File: RedDeath.png (873 KB, 1275x734) Image search: [Google]
RedDeath.png
873 KB, 1275x734
>>80959969
"A man can do terrible things when he lost his way.. Terrible things."
>>
>>80959034
We've seen with the Monarch that you have plenty of instances where we've had villains kill their arching targets and we've seen with Jonas that heroes end up killing villains.

The threat level system makes it so you don't have the dude with the fucking super team or evil army fight a glorified larper but at the same time deaths still happen.

I mean the guild was pissed that the Monarch was killing shit like Dr. Dugong but it's not like he got a hit squad sent after him for one guy. Even in cases with Phantom Limb we see that the villain community and everyone who "plays the game" are pretty forgiving so long as you prove you're an asset.

Collateral deaths are to be expected and presumably Red Death is a long standing member of the guild who plays within the boundaries he sets. It's the guilds job to ensure he's not going super crazy and I'd imagine they set him up with comparable threats.

It's not like he's going out slaughtering every single person on a regular basis. He goes out once a year, leaves a body count (this doesn't even mean he's killing the arch all the time it could be just grunts and god knows the OSI and Guild give no fucks as long as they're chumps), and then he's good.

You compare Rad Death to real assholes like Limb, or Monarch, or JJ who refused to play by the rules at all and he's a saint in comparison. From what we've seen of the guy he's a professional psychopath and damn good at it. He knows what lines he needs to stay in in order to get his murder boner on and despite him being a little more "killer" than other villains he's seemingly an ideal model of what the guild strives for.
>>
Im gonna miss VB threads on /co/
>>
Brock has killed tons of arches. wtbd
>>
That was the season finale?
>>
Doom Factory was the highlight of the season for me.

>Um........yeah.
>>
>>80960633
it's...complicated.

Last week is more in line with a season finale-ish episode, and they ended up miscalculating their order and wrote a 4 episode arc with only 2 remaining so the remaining 2 will either be the premier of next season or air separately as a tv special.
>>
>>80960663
Doom Factory and Red Death were my favorite villains this season.

Haranguetan was okay, Think Tank didn't think to bring other board games, and Wide Wale's just a fishy Kingpin. Wandering Spider was barely a character aside from side info about how he got his current stance in the Guild. Battleaxe was cool, though, and I'm kinda glad she survived because she's got a sickass bar she's running.

>inb4 Brick Frog
>>
>>80959034
He kills alot of people when he shows up, thats why he only goes on an arching once a year
>>
>>80960819
Battleaxe survived?
>>
>>80960819

Battleaxe drove her battletank into multi-story drop and exploded.

She's dead, dude.
>>
>>80960895
>>80961073
She's seen with a neck brace in her bar when 21 is scouting for Wandering Spider.
>>
>>80960895
>>80961073
Someone didn't watch episode 7

>>80961121
Hey-O
>>
File: 1454281391766.jpg (234 KB, 1080x739) Image search: [Google]
1454281391766.jpg
234 KB, 1080x739
>>80955002
What if he started arching Dr. Orpheus? It seems like that'd be the coolest magic v demonic battle the series could do, plus they're both great dads to their daughters.
>>
>>80961173
>>80961121
Ah

I didn't notice
>>
>>80959612
John Hodgman is always funny.
>>
>>80961121
>>80961173
>drunk half the time
>big bodied
>drove down a hole in a reinforced Winnebago
>was pumped on adrenaline the entire time
>still active enough to run her bar
She might be Hatred's type unless he's still pining for tiny women or Billy.
>>
>>80957477
Probably.

Original Team Venture were top tier, but Action Man would still lost.

Also, if I remember correctly, he had the same super soldier serum that Hathred.
>>
>>80959097
which episodes were which?
>>
>>80961250
>get arched once a year
>body count is dependent on neighborhood
>cleanup is a snap because of their powers
>spend the other 364 days of the year talking about family stuff, Orpheus gives Red Death advice on how to raise Lyla
>might even become Uncle Byron and visit during the holidays and bring his sizzling mini fajitas
>meanwhile Tatyana is bored of being with the Outrider and Triana's just sitting there with her crippled goth boyfriend being rebellious as ever
>>
>>80961559
Fucking cripsters
>>
>>80955208
Probably high as fuck and killed a baby werewolf. Action man got to kill a baby and puppy all in one shot.
>>
>>80961394
He's not a pedo anymore, he wouldn't go for Billy
>>
>>80961394
>>80961670
Is he already over Princess Tinyfeet? That's the important question.
>>
DING DINGA ROUND ONE

NOW THE BATTLE'S BEGUN
>>
>>80961559
that sounds pretty good.

Dr. Orpheus fought Cthulhu and his Master is the most powerful supernatural force next to Dr. Killinger. He and Red Death would have the best clash of the titans.

And the rest of the time, just gardening or shopping or taking the kids to school.
>>
>>80961696
I'd say so. The clean break was seeing that she was into polyamory, which, as far as he was willing to go, he's not okay with seeing her nailed by other dudes.
>>
>>80961559
I want this so much.
>>
File: HOT.png (182 KB, 455x281) Image search: [Google]
HOT.png
182 KB, 455x281
>>80961696
I'm sure he's over it after his intervention with the boys and Monarch's henchmen after they left the movie theater.

>Hank dressed up as Princess Tinyfeet
>mfw

Also >>80961836
>>
>>80955208
the world may never know
>>
>>80961670
I really didn't like the Billy thing, but it's the kind of bit that's in the aftercredits of every other episode that can be ignored safely.
>>
>>80962420
He revealed he didn't do anything to Bill than cuddle, I guess Doc and Jackson didn't like the idea either.
>>
So what all in this season is still unresolved?
>Rusty still has the wealth and business
>Dean still has the nanobots inside him
>Hank still dating Wide Whale's daughter
>Brock and Warriana still a thing
>Monarch still needs to finish his Blue Morpho objective
>Mrs. The Monarch doesn't know who Blue Morpho is and still wants to kill him
>Wide Whale is probably planning some shit with Copycat involved
>Crusaders Action League might still be in trouble with Wide Whale
>Gary might still be dealing with guilt
>>
>>80959530
>burns the venture compound
what episode?
>>
>>80962841
>Dean still has the nanobots inside him
Pissed them out after his entrance exams.

>Monarch still needs to finish his Blue Morpho objective
Just Wide Wale's left.

>Gary might still be dealing with guilt
That's why he had the bathroom filled with villains. It didn't work out, though.
>>
>>80955002
what was he a parody of?
I thought red skull at first (obviously) but then he has the reaper get up
>>
>>80962901
>Pissed them out after his entrance exams.
They left three in his brain
>>
>>80962959
Too bad he bombed his philosophy essay.
>>
File: shirts.jpg (3 MB, 1929x2553) Image search: [Google]
shirts.jpg
3 MB, 1929x2553
>>80955204
First time subscribing, i'm pretty happy with most of the shirts. I think Doom factory is the only one I really dislike

r8 my taste
>>
>>80962841
It's Wide Wale. And why do things like Brock and Warriana need to be "resolved"
>>
File: maestrowave.jpg (38 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
maestrowave.jpg
38 KB, 720x404
couldn't he have at least melted his chain if he'd kept at it long enough?
>>
>>80963135
I didn't really mean it needed to be. I just brought it up because it's something different from the usual status quo that's still going on in the plot.
>>
>>80963171
You don't get it. He wanted to eat the butts.
>>
>>80963133
I'm really upset I missed out on the Ventech shirt. It's the best shirt.
>>
>>80963133
I think I'd like the Doom Factory shirt if it was more suited for a shirt than keeping the box-friendly design (maybe make the red parts vaguely circular or ovalish).

>>80963171
I think he did at first, but made his chain longer after killing the other guys and eating their butts, staying chained up so he can get the termite guy's butt while playing prisoner.
>>
>>80963171
I think he just enjoyed eating ass. He even seemed to see his captors as gods or something. Dude was crazy.
>>
I like how close the Monarch and 21 have gotten this season, they seriously feel like genuine best friends now. Just the way The Monarch calmly delivers that "And I'm allergic to your complaining" line sounds like the kind of banter bros would have.
>>
File: bidlo_not_warhol_1991[1].jpg (60 KB, 473x355) Image search: [Google]
bidlo_not_warhol_1991[1].jpg
60 KB, 473x355
>>80963133
I'm suprised how many people didn't get the reference
>>
File: 1309964862017.png (136 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1309964862017.png
136 KB, 360x360
>>80963171
I love how venture bros has really clever writing and is still able to make jokes about a guy eating butts
>>
>>80962420
this>>80962492
but also, yeah, after credits can be revealing or just goofy, like the Revenge Society watching the Venture bros and breaking the 4th wall
>>
>>80957438
Red Death is just a disguise. It's actually Lex Luthor under there
>>
>>80963452
I didn't get it until I found out Warhammer was supposed to be a Warhol reference in addition to being a Luthor parody.

It was when 21 and Monarch were using the silver balloons that reminded me of Andy Warhol.
>>
>>80962868
All This And Gargantua 2. It's party of the reason they're in NY bruh
>>
>>80963452
>>80963504

As someone who has no interest in art culture, I don't think I ever would of gotten the reference if it wasn't for other anons pointing it out to me.
>>
>>80963452
I'm surprised people like Warhol
>>
>>80958371
Well the word was that Adult Swim were assholes because it's the one show they don't own, but they still absolutely need it.

Warner is shit incarnate.
>>
Two pull my finger jokes in one episode, both in fucked up situations. Doc and Publick are gods.
>>
>>80963624
Warhol pioneered the things that usually aren't art as art. His big thing was commercials and ads can be art. Most of the field of graphic design looks back to him. His ideas are why people even give the idea of comics and cartoons as something with merit the time of day.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (163 KB, 1726x962) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
163 KB, 1726x962
I never would of thought Rusty would be capable of actual heroism.
>>
>>80963723
He didn't pioneer it. He popularized it.
>>
>>80963763
I'm more surprised that a spring-loaded toy had enough force to pierce through all the way through Rusty.
>>
>>80961559
Orpheus really enjoyed the whole song and dance though. I don't think he'd be satisfied with only fighting his arch once a year.
>>
>>80963129
I thought that was a ruse. The professor had just gotten news that he was to be arching his student's dad and probably didn't want to be mixing up his civilian/villain life.
>>
>>80963891
Rusty is basically tissue paper. Hatred almost killed him with a rubber bullet.
>>
>>80962919
Physical parody of Red Skull, but has traits of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Also, see the Poe story "The Masque of Red Death."
>>
>>80957237
Its his mom, people just can't fathom a guy can hide his dick really well and take Dr. Z's cock just to get something for Doc Venture Sr.
For some reason people need to figure out some weird thing for a green hornet character who's way into his job. He can't switch sexes.
>>
>>80963941

>Break out the super non-lethals! We're going full on NERF with this one!

I just love Publick's delivery with Hatred sometimes, I swear.
>>
>>80963991
I also remember a picture being posted of some other mythological character who Red Death looked like on his horse, besides a horseman of the apocalypse
>>
File: scr01.jpg (63 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
scr01.jpg
63 KB, 512x384
>>80963723
Doesn't Original Dadism predate him and it's the same basic principal of re-appropriating other's material to create "new art" or do you mean the pop commercialism aspect to it? Which is ironic since wasn't the point he was sort of making fun of it?
>>80963763
>Scamp 3 is the same breed as the Boy's Scamp
>Rusty couldn't bare to see him die even if he was a replacement
What happened to Rusty between diving on a grenade to save him and skinning him alive for Pretty Girl Science
>>80964024
I mean half the fun of this show is the theories, Blue Morpho's immaculate tucking technique isn't as fun as him being a hermaphrodite or a crossdressing couple pretending to be one guy.
>>
>>80964137
The only thing that comes to mind is the Nuckelavee.
>>
How is Red Death under Wide Whale?
>>
>>80963763
He probably had the heroism beaten out of him.
>>
>>80964214
More active in guild politics, probably
>>
>>80964214
I was wondering the same thing, I don't know how he was placed at #3 for arching Venture.
>>
>>80964214
Wide Wale probably set something up. Red Death has a pretty posh house for a guy who only works once a year. WW probably pays him for taking care of an arch he can't be bothered with or something.
>>
>>80964214
He doesn't really seem to care much for guild power. He seems pretty content with following the rules and getting his bloodlust out every once in a while.
>>
>>80955002
Recovering sadist. He's known for killing lots of people, and he still enjoys killing people, but he's clearly disturbed by the lack of self-control he had earlier in his career. Seems like he learned how to control himself because no one else could.
>>
>>80964214
Because he doesn't want that shit to be his life. He does it once a year to fulfill his hatred, then goes back to his family, which is the most important part. Wide Wale runs tons of shit and is mega resourceful. Who would be the bigger final boss, a guy who's always ready to arch or a guy who wants to stay the fuck out of it 364 days a year?
>>
>>80963763
That ain't heroism, that's a broken kid sick of seeing his pets die horribly.
>>
>>80964304
Red Death arches once a year.
>>
>>80961398
How come AM didn't get the slowly become incompetent side effect? He just got the insanity.
>>
>>80963133
Shirts ranked best to worst:
1. Quizboy and the Pink Pilgrim
2. Blue Morpho
3. VenTech
4. Brockalypse
5. Doom!
6. I NY
7. Stuyvesant University
8. Dr Mrs The Monarch Pin-Up
9. Enzo's Specailty Tailoring
>>
>>80961398
>>80964689
Action Man didn't get a serum I don't think.
His "serum" was Government Crank the whole point is he's just a really fit guy then they'd murder his inhibitions with speed and set him loose on the enemy.
Hatred seems like an actual serum, I think is incompetence comes from just letting himself get soft and then it doesn't help that he was chemically castrated.
>>
>>80964335
Literally this entire season was people who WW pays to take care of an arch he can't be bothered with.
>>
>>80964993
Literally correct in every way
>>
>>80960309
>Dr. Dugong
Speaking of him. Do you think he has any relation to Wide Whale? I think they both did the cross over with sea life genetics shit.
>>
>>80965123
Yeah, which was why I put that out as a response the question. It's also worth noting that Wide Wale is related to Dr. Dugong, and by handing Venture off to some other villains, he's irritating the Monarch, just like how Hatred tried to piss off the Monarch, way back when.
>>
>>80965168
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/77878/the-venture-bros-scoop-about-season-6-the-finale/
Yeah, Doc and Jackson confirm it here.
>>
>>80965168
yes, they're brothers
>>
>>80963723
This
>>80963888
Andy Warhol is the Kiss, or the Apple, of the art scene. He was just really good at packaging someone else's idea.
>>
>>80965168
They're brothers.
One of the episodes mentioned Wide Wale and his brother doing experiments with cuttlefish DNA.
>>
>>80965250
>>80965339
well fuck then. Maybe that's why Wide Whale knocked Monarch down in guild standing.

"you killed my broddah, I take your arch."

I guess it also helps that Rusty pissed Wide Whale off right as soon as he showed up in the neighborhood as well but still.
>>
>>80955002
>Rare Clancy in Venture Bros
>Rare Clancy in Daredevil
It was a good week for fancy Clancy fans.
>>
>>80957979
Wait a tic
*Zoom*
*Enhance*
Dota?
>>
>>80965508
He was in The Flash too, I liked Daredevil more though.
>>
Is The Monarch one of us?
>>
>>80966284
you men the hentai crack because he can't connect with real people?

Maybe more than you know
>>
>>80966284
He had a stable marriage for years with a crazy hot woman. Most of /co/ hasn't even kissed a girl. What do you think?
>>
Are the Monarch and Dr. Mrs. really falling apart? She seemed so supportive of him last episode and two episodes prior, she was obviously concerned for him when she thought the Morpho got him, not to mention that they were about to have some real playtime.
>>
Rewatching the episode. Goddamn Action Man is an asshole.
>>
>>80966413
She's trying but Monarch see's the writing on the wall. She's so consumed with working for the Guild and is practically babysitting the other members, while Monarch just wants to arch.
>>
>>80966507
I think he also sees how she feels about the Blue Morpho which likely makes her feel awkward around her and worried that his marriage is literally dead if she ever find out the truth

Honestly I hope most of next season is Dr Girlfriend becoming a new villain will her own identity other than being married to the Monarch and going full ham on being the Blue Morpho's nemesis, hencemen, command center, even her own butterfly theme.

What could be a good one? we already used Monarch, Viceroy and Blue Morpho
>>
>>80966465
Action Man deserves to burn.
>>
>>80966465
They're all assholes except Billy's mom.
>>
>>80966507
Right but they've gone through worse. The Monarch and her had to deal with his all consuming desire to destroy Venture eclipsing their relationship and they got past it. This is a new job for her, and because they're basically rebuilding the guild from the ground up, of course she's going to be busy, but unlike the Monarch's obsession, once Guild infrastructure evens out, she should have enough time to be with him. Dr. Z is an old hand at the Guild, and seems sensible enough that Dr. Mrs. can afford to ease off of the reins a little bit once everything is in place.
>>
>>80966284
just a stranger on the bus?
>>
File: NtziQgQ.jpg (94 KB, 1268x717) Image search: [Google]
NtziQgQ.jpg
94 KB, 1268x717
>>80955002
>>Hank and Dean, side characters in their own show or natural evolution of the series?

>implying Hank & Dean are the real Venture Brothers.
>>
>>80959135
Hulu has it up to Season 5. It's missing the new one and the Gargantua special
>>
>>80966465
It was just a prank, Rust.
>>80966610
Dr. Lamentis Horrifica.
>>
>>80966507
Monarch brings it on himself. He's been really half-assing being a husband this season.
>>
>>80966610
Red Admiral would be cool, could even play off her current guild uniform.

>>80966658
Yeah they can definitely come out of it and I think that's part of what Red Death was trying to get across to The Monarch about finding a balance between your personal and professional life. Both of their devotions to their work is souring their devotion to each other.
>>
>>80966756
>Implying they thought that far ahead.
>>
>>80966465
Not as much of one as Jonas.
>yes, this psycho who pulls dangerous pranks is a fine bodyguard for my son
>>
>>80966756
So old Blue Morpho confirmed for Rusty's Mom and Monarch's Dad after that flashback yes?
>>
>>80966768
whats Lamentis Horrifica?
>>
>>80966756
>>implying Hank & Dean are the real Venture Brothers.
Except Hank and Dean are real Venture Brothers. Just not the main focus, if you catch my drift.
>>
>>80961559
The thing is Red Death always goes for the kill in his yearly arching.

They might be good pals but I don't think Red Death would hesitate in killing Orpheus
>>
We should have a Venture thread on >>>/i/ 'cause there's where threads can last for three years
>>
>>80955002
I got bored and actually read the credits for once - apparently New York state has a production company that assists TV and film studios that want to feature or use areas of the state in their shows and movies. They even kick money and offer tax breaks for studios that feature the city.

No wonder they chose to do this season in New York.
>>
I wanted to know what happened on Hank and Dean's maturity trip.
>>
>>80966844
A wild shot in the dark with no googling, but probably a type of butterfly.
>>
>>80966836
Same mothers, different fathers. Jonas & Blue Morpho seemed like the type that would be into sharing like that.
>>
>>80966465
To be fair, he wasn't expecting Rusty to jump on the grenade.

Also, what the fuck kind of bang stick has a spring strong enough to go entirely through a kid's torso?
>>
>>80966892
I'm sure Orpheus and Al can handle a giant skull man with vaporization powers.

Jefferson would be screwed, though.
>>
>>80966800
I was assuming a costume change, like the Monarch just comes downstairs one day and his wife has literally turned a portion of the house into her new headquarters, gotten an army of henchmen, and become a level 10 arch with full rights to arch the Blue Morpho and all his friend and family onto death.

And then like half the season is just them playing cat and mouse Dr. Girlfriend slowly getting frustrated with being her own number 1 actually being harder than she thought and the Monarch trying to figure out how to dodge her and still murder Wide Wale before retiring the Blue Morpho for good, probably ending with the Blue Morpho actually defeating Dr. Girlfriend but instead of murdering her like she expects he tells her the truth.
>>
File: Hold on there.png (44 KB, 385x585) Image search: [Google]
Hold on there.png
44 KB, 385x585
>>80966815
I think they did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgR5enB-ph8
>2:10 - 'Nobody knows why. It's like in his blood or something'
>In his blood
>>
>>80966926
i googled it and got nothing thats why i asked
>>
>>80966844
Corny play on Limentis Glorifica, a type of butterfly I picked at random.
>>80966892
>Red Death is Orpheus' buddy 364 days out of the year
>Calls him up a day in advance to let him know he's going to kill him.
>>80966833
I think guarding Rusty was secondary, Action Man wasn't so much his bodyguard as Team Venture had: "Protect" Rusty in the addendum.
>>
>>80966916
That and they moved offices to NYC.
>>
>>80967038
But Jefferson is magic.
Maybe he's developed his powers some.
>>
>>80966916
wait really? well that explains why so many things are set in New York City, they literally subsidize shows about their city
>>
>>80966833
Kano was the oficcial babysitter of Rusty. He s kind of better than most of the original Team Venture.

I wish we could see more of their power levels. I loved Gentlemen chopping that mercenary's arm off easily.
>>
>>80966641
Fish Mormon is pretty chill.
>>
>>80964214
Whale has a lair and minions
>>
>>80967142
Really? I thought all Adult Swim shows and offices were based in Atlanta where Williams Street is.
>>
>>80967128
its very possible, the fact that Red Mantle is a part of Orpheus's magical order suggests that they aren't exactly aliened by traditional good and evil.
>>
>>80957979
>mfw it'll literally be a new decade
>>
>>80967226
>implied killer of Dr. Venture
The revelation that he was closely linked to Blue Morpho before joining up with Team Venture makes that little tidbit fun. Kano was taking orders from someone on high, but did that start when he was still with BM or after BM died?
>>
>>80966668
This.
>>
>>80967302
Venture Bros was always made outside that I think, World Leader Productions or whatever it is called. Pretty sure they just publish through williams street basically, although I think they are one of the few people williams street actually contracts out to instead of doing stuff internally
>>
>>80967388
I think they go through Titmouse now, don't they?
>>
>>80967038
>>80967204
>Orpheus and Al pull Red Death into Hell so they can avoid collateral damage and Red Death gets to kill all the bystanders he wants while Orpheus and Al run for their lives
>Jefferson is now able to move in Hell while between the two worlds and can't be killed, but he has the downside of moving around in the real world and looking like a LARPing jackass
>can still pull the other three out when they've had their fun
>>
>>80967443
Chirp, ya slut
>>
>>80967226
>I loved Gentlemen chopping that mercenary's arm off easily.

That was one my favorite scenes in the whole series.

Shit got real so fast.
>>
>>80966836
>>80955092

I don't understand the "Blue Morpho = Rusty's mom" theory or Billy's mom being the BM.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.