[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's that supposed to mean?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_25406-images-1008079658.jpg (5 KB, 287x175) Image search: [Google]
tmp_25406-images-1008079658.jpg
5 KB, 287x175
What's that supposed to mean?
>>
Wow, gotta warn you OP

People on this board despise the Goodfeathers for being "dated". Kids these days don't laugh at Goodfellas parodies and don't know who Joe Pesci is and they're triggered by anybody who does
>>
File: 69756jhu.gif (494 KB, 500x205) Image search: [Google]
69756jhu.gif
494 KB, 500x205
>>80953019
>>
I always loved that pigeons, they were hilarious, /co/ have a problem with that? What the fuck is the problem about "dated" things if you remember perfectly the sense of the jokes?
>>
>>80953166

I never even got that they were references.

Like, the big Godfather pigeon, I got he was a reference, because he was so obviously inspired by something, but Pesto being a trigger happy asshole is funny even if you have no idea of who Joe Pesci is, which I didn't.
>>
Dude's name was Squit.

Squit.

His name was fucking SQUIT.
>>
I was there at the time. The Goodfeathers always sucked. Their one good episode is Hiccup, and that's because Godpigeon flares at them.
>>
Every Animaniacs/Tiny Toons bit sucked, if you think about it. Just writers pretending to be sitcom directors, no love for animation.
>>
>>80953449
Fart.
>>
>>80953191
Me too, I laughed about that when i was young and i don't gives a shit of references, and I still laugh about that now.

Those critics about "dated" for this show looks just Z generation butthurt.
>>
>>80953449
So what's "love for animation" according to you exactly? and do you really fucking know what the fuck is a sitcom? Your post looks hipster bland bullshit again.
>>
>>80953019
I never thought it was funny because it was the same routine every time, like those bad recurring SNL bits.
>>
>>80953449
What does animation have to do with comedy

>>80953191
>>80953475
I knew most references, born in 89, some I didn't, and I found it funny. But for the most part I got shit and even still these skits were written to where the references were mostly nods/winks and the comedy existed on it's own

>Those critics about "dated" for this show looks just Z generation butthurt.
This
There are also a large amount of non Americans on this board, so they don't get humor in general, comedy cartoons in general are hated on this board because of all the Europeans and others
>>
i loved this when I was young even though I didn't understand most of the references. the only one I got was the godpigeon.

I still enjoyed the pesci bird flipping out and beating the shit out of the liotta bird quite a bit though.
>>
>>80953540
>I never thought it was funny because it was the same routine every time, like those bad recurring SNL bits.

That's how you felt as a kid? Wow, you were one mature little kid

Did you drink black coffee as a kid too? Only smoke cloves?
>>
>>80953630
No, I but I hated repeated jokes and cruel slapstick at the expense of "good" characters so I hated this and especially Buttons and Mindy. The Warners, Pinky and the Brain, and Slappy were funny.
>>
>>80953537
Everyone knows talentless animation writers want to be live action sitcom/sketch commedy writers and quit doing cartoons. There are no funny gags or even any specific directing for the voice acting whenever they are around. No love for animation or comedy in general.

The crudely animated Rocky and Bullwinkle is more entertaining than this crap.
>>
>>80953801
Fart.
>>
It's supposed to mean that you're doing the same joke every fucking cartoon. Every cartoon, the joke is that you get mad at the other guy for something he said that wasn't even offensive, and then you rile yourself up, and then you beat him up. That's the joke, and you do it every cartoon.
>>
>>80953537
Don't you have Ralph Bakshi's dick to suck John K?
>>
>That one episode where Brain recited the infamous Frozen Peas commercial nearly word for word.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uWW--w4SRs
>>
>>80953697
>cruel
Jesus christ. Not only is it fiction it's a cartoon. Who is it being cruel to?
>>
>>80954734
>John K
>Loving Animaniacs

Pick one.
>>
>>80953697
Oh I bet you just hated the Three Stooges.
>>
>>80954734
John K. isn't fit to lick Bakshi's perineum. He would need a serious run up to manage actual cock sucking.
>>
>>80953616
>There are also a large amount of non Americans on this board, so they don't get humor in general
Oi fuck you i'm not american, neither did understand almost any references in animaniacs and still laugh
>>
>>80954867
Has Bakshi ever made an objectively good movie?
>>
>>80953801
While I agree that Rocky and Bullwinkle is better and it's one of my favorite cartoons, I don't know why anyone would bring it up in an argument about the love for animation. There was no love for animation there, which is why it was outsourced to the cheapest studio they could find and it ended up looking like that. There was a lot of love for old radio shows and intentionally bad puns, but not so much for animation.
>>
>>80953801
please tell me no one actually fucking thinks like this, and yes I'm aware this anon here is a troll. I'm more talking about people in the business who think like this, not just about Animaniacs but about cartoons in general.
>>
>>80952957
it means that hanging out in little italy and eating gabbaghoul every day doesn't make you italian.
>>
>>80954713
>Every cartoon, the joke is that you get mad at the other guy for something he said that wasn't even offensive, and then you rile yourself up, and then you beat him up.

ITT young kids weren't raised on comedy, so don't know how it works.

WTF IS THIS THREE STOOGES SHIT, NAAHHH FAHHHNY

LOL SPAGHETTI ARMS ARE SO FUNNY CUZ THEY WIGGLE
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.