[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It is now apparent that Wander Over Yonder is entering its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: craig mccracken.jpg (23 KB, 220x282) Image search: [Google]
craig mccracken.jpg
23 KB, 220x282
>It is now apparent that Wander Over Yonder is entering its home stretch of its run on Disney XD, but not without a bit of an uptick in viewership. The pairing of “The Legend” and “The Bad Neighbor” drew an estimated 467,000 on Disney XDon Monday night That is an increase of nearly 32% from last week. The show’s Season Two average now stands at 453,125 per episode.
>That is an increase of nearly 32%

Is there hope?
>>
No.
>>
>>80951080
new episode when
>>
JUST
>>
>>80951080

There's no hope, but it was a nice run.
>>
File: tumblr_nu65leDQCf1uuq8iko1_1280.jpg (279 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu65leDQCf1uuq8iko1_1280.jpg
279 KB, 800x600
>>80951080
No.
The nonrenewal of Wander over Yonder was not a decision made by viewership, but longevity. They don't need to invest in a third season when they can make due with reairing the episodes they already ordered.
The people making Wander over Yodner already made a pitch for a third season, long before, and that aforementioned reason is why it was denied. Pretty sure most everyone who worked on the show have already moved on, with Craig, if I recall correctly, already working on something enw.
>>
>>80951289
april 4th i think
>>
This ain't Netflix, this is Disney. The death certificate is signed, the project is dead, there is little to no chance of them ever seriously revisiting the IP again.
>>
>>80953298
meanwhile star vs the forces of evil got a third season before the second even premiered

i mean i like both shows but that's such horseshit
>>
>>80953298

Does anyone know what's he working on?
>>
>>80953346
New project, he won't say yet.
>>
>>80953484
it's worth noting that it's not a new show yet, just an idea for a new show that disney will get to look at first due to his contract
>>
>>80953484
We'll have to lure him out of hiding.
>>
Why does Craig McCracken always look like he hasn't slept in ten years.
>>
>>80953298
I always wonddered what do the creators of cartoons do in between shows? I always assumed that they would continue to get paid as reruns were aired but thats not the case apparently. Do they have to juststore up a fund to run on while searching for a new project or do they have to get another job to hold them off in between?
>>
File: CboStBuUAAAqGr6.jpg (128 KB, 750x1087) Image search: [Google]
CboStBuUAAAqGr6.jpg
128 KB, 750x1087
>>80953338
I'm not a big fan of Star, but it makes sense. The way Star Vs is built, it can easily work as a long lasting series, and it can easily be marketable while doing so: either in doing some sort of big story, investing in the action for boys, or just in being cutesy and selling to girls. There's also how it already has a bit of a fanbase, a female creator which doesn't hurt, and I'm assuming it can only get better.
With Star they're banking on playing the long game, while Wonder Over Yonder, though great with a lot of effort and passion put into it, was still only ever a comedic series to them. Honestly should have saw this coming when they stopped airing it on the main channel and moved it to Disney XD, though they did that with most of their shows.
>>
>>80953338
keep in mind the differences in season length; star season one is 13 episodes, woy had 39.
>>
>>80953619
>woy had 39.
Erm, If we're counting by segment, then Star vs season 1 has 24 episodes.
>>
>>80951080
I honestly wish he would team up with Genndy again one day.
>>
>>80953603
It also seems very popular in places like Mexico.
>>
>>80953576
Could be the dark undereyes? I also have them, something to do with genetics. No matter how much I sleep, I have massive dark circles around my eyes.
>>
>>80953338
Why does someone keep trying to start this argument?

WoY premiered alongside Gravity Falls and it was very much eclipsed by it from the beginning. It was a bit unfair for it, sure.

Star vs come out much later and clearly divvied out its own following. If anything, WoY's ratings went UP when it had Star as a lead in, but Star was clearly the biggest DXD cartoon they had after Gravity Falls, and the manlet took his ball and went home.

So, if you want to angst over another show on the network killing WoY (and keep in mind, its more likely lost viewers just went over to another channel), you should take it up with the manlet.

It's like how some guy in Invader Zim threads always blames FoP for its demise when it was more likely either Spongebob or the creator being a fucking edgy retard.
>>
>>80953866
>wont return to cartoon network for ppg
at least help gennedy again like old times
>>
>>80954522
Cartoon Network keeps alienating its directors.
>>
>>80951080
If it's canceled, I hope they Blaze of Glory it and end on Wander and Hater kissing passionately.
>>
The deal's already done. This is it. The best I can think of is maybe the uptick being taken to consideration when he wants to make a new project, and that they'd let him have a little bit more creative freedom on whatever it is he does next.

>>80954522
Doesn't Craig want absolutely nothing to do with nu-PPG?
>>
>>80954465
>more likely either Spongebob or the creator being a fucking edgy retard.

It was costs and viewer demographics mostly. It was also back when toy sales really fucking mattered and the merch didn't explode until after they cancelled it.
>>
>>80955268
No. He's never said anything like that. He just couldn't work on it when asked if he wanted to cause his contract restricted him from doing so.
>>
>>80955268
I'm pretty sure he doesn't. In his mind, PPG ended a long time ago and he's moved on.
>>
>>80955305
Oh. Well, I'm pretty sure that he at least said something on Twitter about supporting the old VAs, so I assumed that coupled with not working on it he was expressing some kind of "not muh" sentiment.

Either way it must be weird, to see how others try to interpret something you once played a fundamental part in.
>>
When's the next episode air?
>>
>>80955402
>>80955402
Next month, asswipe
>>
>>80955295
vasquez and ressel having to fight the censors over every little thing probably didn't help either
>>
>>80954593
Well Adult Swim has Genndy back so maybe he'll usher in a new age of adult action cartoons if Jack does well.
>>
>>80953598
It's called

'Oh fuck, I'm an artist who gets paid to draw things and I'm not getting paid to draw things'

Happens to everyone in the industry as soon as their project finishes or abruptly ends. It's also why everyone in the industry knows each other so they can get each other jobs in a pinch when needed.
>>
>>80955295
This. It was fuck expensive to make with awesome ship battles happening every other episode and it wasn't making millions on hot topic sales yet.

But also the creators were edgy and the show was always in a state of clusterfuck during production because Vasquez was used to writing comics, now being a showrunner with an entire crew of people he needed to direct.
>>
>>80951080
There is always hope, anon! Keep spreading yout petitions, keep making your fan works, keep watching the show and keep being wonderful!
>>
>>80953298
Nobody's really moved on. If a third season gets greenlit, the team would get together no problem.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.